Old March 15, 2002, 19:00   #121
Sovereign
Prince

Local Time: 16:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Phew....

(Goes LMP style at Lonestar)

just kidding bro...

Anyway, I just posted my post in the story thread. Whats Ian's reaction to my comminque to Omar Bradley concerning comm frequencies for treaty?

FC, the Skipfire recieved the tranmission as well as Yang's encrypted authenicity order.

Okay I'm back in the groove, so buckle up boys
Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2002, 19:05   #122
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 07:16
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Rebel robots sounds like fun. I always thought it would be interesting to give robots guns and program them to kill the enemy, but of course you have to worry about what happens when they get fed up with working conditions or something. I'm inclined to think that good human soldiers could beat good robot soldiers, unless of course you have polysentient AI (which, judging from Sovereign's last post, there seems to be).
Old March 15, 2002, 20:29   #123
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 11:16
Sovereign-

Robotic Civil Wars sound interesting. Think I'll get our little alliance evolving more...

Cybergod-

You caught Mr. Sym??? How dare those damn Saturnians! Well Cybergod, the Hive hasn't had much contact with the Saturn "Republic" but I think now we will! How are we going to resolve this little incident?

History Guy-

You have any comments? Oh, yeah Mr. Ku's boys can come into Hive space but we will need to discuss this further.

General Tacticus-

Pushing it back 50 yrs. sounds alright w/me, so long as you change your timeline.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Last edited by Frankychan; March 15, 2002 at 20:44.
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2002, 21:45   #124
Mellian
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Queen

Quote:
Mellian-

Well...I've been waiting since the beginning to see you post! I kinda want to see the Pirates point of view on all the recent events going on. As for the little question I asked a looong time ago:
first of all, I am one of the House Managers for the week, me and another of my group staying home to clean the place and make the food and so on. So, I can get busy, especially when the other gets way to stress out easily and nags to stop goofing off and work... even thought she been on the comp more often then i did today. second, the computer here sucks...under Win95, has HD problems and keeps crashing... and then the internet connection keeps disconnecting and not work for a bit.... and for some reason, the internet connection doesn't like Apolyton Forums to much as 2/3 of the times i try to get here, it disconnects. I also still haven't finish the story.... 1/3 into the fourth page now. Also have to figure out to work the scenerio out in the intro for the Pirates... and then there is still the TAF stuff i want to do too.... which i slowy writing down on paper so i can later quickly type it on the comp and then copy and paste when i can. Now that it is weekend, chances of me being able to get on the comp will be nill as others would want it plus the crashes.

Quote:
The pirate clans don't care who they get hired out to right? Which was the more brutal clan? The name seems to escape me right now...I may want to hire some out in light of recent events.
Generally they don't.... but not all are mercenary clans and some of the non-ones will probably not except any deals.. in most cases, try not to make themselves known to other Factions.

The most brutal and barbaric, yet currently smallish in size comparison to other clans, is the Larionov Clan.... evolved from the Larionov group back on Chiron, and at some point, became barbaric after Larionov died off... clan is also pretty much leaderless too and hard to find. Even if you succeed in hiring some of them, they can't be trusted enough to be much of use anyway. They are Raiders afterall.... The Blood Eagles Clan you have higher chances as they have a leader and more disciplined/organized...but they are Raiders as well and have an infamous rep.

May hire some specific available mercenary clans, but like with the Novans, they may get drawn to internal Pirate politics once the 'Kane Bloc' starts their revolution of the clan........ not clans will be follow a leading clan no matter what... but they will have an harder time surviving, depending on the clan of course. A lot of clans depending on the other types of clans to acquire the stuff they need...without those connections, they will have harder time getting what they need elsewhere. Hive could try contacting Kane after notice how much trouble the pirates will be starting to make and the organizing of the clan by the 'Kane Bloc'.

-LMP
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2002, 22:08   #125
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 15:16
Yeah, I did it. The Laekdaemons have there response now!

Sovereign-- I liked that post. Reminded me slightly of Douglas Adams with the talking ship...expect the ship is a bit more annoying and jerky in Hitchiker's Guide... I like the idea of a robot civil war, it's a splendid idea, actually. I'm looking forward to it!

Cybergod-- Nice post. Just remember that Mr. Sym hates the Morganites just as much as the Terrans. He may be a Morganite, but he's had it up to hear with them.

Franky-- OK, you can kill a few minor functionaries (not those I've mentioned so far, though). You can even have a failed assasination plot against Morgan or Ku or something. An attempt that goes wrong or something. I won't be sending Ku off to the Hive for a while, though, so I'll have a ton of time to plan...
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15, 2002, 23:00   #126
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 17:16
Quote:
Originally posted by Sovereign
Phew....

(Goes LMP style at Lonestar)

Do that again, and I shall cut out your tingue and feed it to the sea turtles!

Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 16, 2002, 06:43   #127
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 22:16
Quote:
Originally posted by frankychan
Cybergod-

You caught Mr. Sym??? How dare those damn Saturnians! Well Cybergod, the Hive hasn't had much contact with the Saturn "Republic" but I think now we will! How are we going to resolve this little incident?
Well, having a Colonial AI on Titan (the only non-Free Market world - ie. policing allowed) helps Saturnian Kingdom's intelligence. Where did you get an idea of a soulless (and possibly "Police") "State" or even a "Republic"? We will let this little incident pass for now but later you will regret for such arrogance... (Deja vu?)

History, thanks! So, who does Sym like?
Old March 16, 2002, 12:12   #128
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Well, Cyber, he likes the Hive. Have you decided on how old Sym is going to escape and get to Earth or the Hive or wherever? I think the best thing to do is to get him to Hive territory.
Old March 16, 2002, 13:57   #129
Cybergod
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
Well, Cyber, he likes the Hive. Have you decided on how old Sym is going to escape and get to Earth or the Hive or wherever? I think the best thing to do is to get him to Hive territory.
How old?

I thought you wanted a say on this. I guess he could escape from our probe ship and board the transport where the Earther survivors from the Flame of Odin are. From Earth - it's up to you, ok? Would this be ok (Frankychan - don't worry an agent of your "empire" will not die... yet )?

And just for what are you supposed to use this smiley???

(are they happy behind bars???)
Old March 16, 2002, 19:02   #130
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 00:16
I take one day off, and am flooded with questions.

Firstly, I would be surprised to know if anyone had been able to access my BAC page; my server yet again decided to ignore any passes made by me.

Secondly, if it still hangs in the air, you can go quite freely with Mr. Sym. Just try to keep him out of harms way, and try to not interfere greatly with the story line we are planning at this time.

Franky, gonna PM ya soon.

History, could start deciding on possible peace talks soon.

Others:
General story idea

I thought of introducing a new type of ship - the "Artillery of Space", so-called Strike Cannons, as nicked from the Playstation game Colony Wars.
Basically, they sized about a Corvette or smaller, and carry an enormous energy or rail gun, with small engines to maneuvre. They are very slow, and very bad at defence on their own, but can increase a fleet's firepower nicely; also, they can be used for planetary defence or offence.

http://personal.phpoint.net/nortti/strikecannons.htm

On other matters;
I decided to do a little comparative scaling on the CSN ships. The pic is available here (could try to IMG SRC it here, as well)

http://personal.phpoint.net/nortti/scale.jpg

Anything else?
Old March 16, 2002, 22:02   #131
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Cybergod

Well, having a Colonial AI on Titan (the only non-Free Market world - ie. policing allowed) helps Saturnian Kingdom's intelligence. Where did you get an idea of a soulless (and possibly "Police") "State" or even a "Republic"? We will let this little incident pass for now but later you will regret for such arrogance... (Deja vu?)

History, thanks! So, who does Sym like?

Good comeback. Would the Queen Sanchez like to be a concubine for the Emperor? *shudders at the thought*
So, how should we go about with the fabulous Mr. Sym?
Old March 17, 2002, 12:23   #132
History Guy
King

Cyber-- OK to me.

Kass-- Yeah, I suppose so, but I think the Terrans should make a strike on Naxos and Samnos outside the Sol System and take over Samnos and another moon, but perhaps not Naxos as yet.
Old March 17, 2002, 17:28   #133
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
Kass-- Yeah, I suppose so, but I think the Terrans should make a strike on Naxos and Samnos outside the Sol System and take over Samnos and another moon, but perhaps not Naxos as yet.
Probably... Where are those places, again? Could have a little shot at Capella too.
Which brings me another thing in mind - one of the Battle Carriers of ECSN will suddenly 'disappear' during QT transit, and be nowhere to be found. Greatest single ship loss since Flame of Odin, I would think.
I implore you that this plot device will not shift the balance of power in the story, and that it is actually the start of a "knockout" story of BAC.
Old March 17, 2002, 17:33   #134
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 08:16
Quote:
Pushing it back 50 yrs. sounds alright w/me, so long as you change your timeline.
Gack! Didn't notice that. Yep, it's already been done.
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2002, 17:39   #135
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Btw - Mellian, do you have a character profile on this Admiral Kerensky? I can host it, or even write it (character history etc.) since I do have the Secretary General and the Taskforce Liaison Officer there already.
Old March 17, 2002, 21:03   #136
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 21:16
Sovereign I figure this for a plan,

Hammer of God fleet comes out FTL, blasts through your defensive force, orbits one of your planets a couple of times drops planet busters the major cities and starts to occupy the system.
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 17, 2002, 21:21   #137
History Guy
King

Quote:
Probably... Where are those places, again? Could have a little shot at Capella too.
Well, I think this is the closest of my 'yellow dots' on Sprayber's map to Sol. Samnos can fall easily, but I'm not sure about Naxos, which is heavily defended now. As for Capella, maybe, though I am not sure if that could succeed.

Quote:
Hammer of God fleet comes out FTL, blasts through your defensive force, orbits one of your planets a couple of times drops planet busters the major cities and starts to occupy the system.
Um...Planet Busters, Silence? If you use Planet Busters, which Morgan considers to be an atrocity, then the Soldiers of God will be sent back to Believer space and our pact will have to be cancelled. You can only use conventional payloads, I'm afraid.
Old March 17, 2002, 22:05   #138
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 08:16
Quote:
Um...Planet Busters, Silence? If you use Planet Busters, which Morgan considers to be an atrocity, then the Soldiers of God will be sent back to Believer space and our pact will have to be cancelled. You can only use conventional payloads, I'm afraid.
I was under the impression that the Hammer of God forces were fightin against the ones providing you with the Soldiers of God.
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2002, 10:46   #139
Silence
Warlord

Local Time: 21:16
You would blame your kick ass mercarny force for something that a rebel force did?
"I do think that it is important to realize that wars are ugly and vile and that there better be a damned good reason for getting involved in one. Because the price for somebody is going to be very, very high."

David Weber
Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2002, 11:08   #140
History Guy
King

Whoops! Sorry, Silence, read that as 'Soldier of God' instead of 'Hammer of God'. We won't hold you guys responsible, then.

But we will speak out against the Hammer of God and call for it's immediate destruction.
Old March 18, 2002, 13:06   #141
Sovereign
Prince

I think I'll go ahead with the robot civil war sub-plot, seeing that most of you seem to be interested in it.

Silence, lets put your HoG invasion on hold for a bit, while I do the robot civil war, as well as putting a resolution to the Roving Incident with Protectorate and Hive.

To be honest, I can't do 3 sub-plots all at once. But we could discuss this HoG invasion, and if it pans out, we can work it out after the robot and Roving sub-plots settles down a bit?

But I do appreciate you trying to give me ideas, Silence

By the way, I'm usually crazy-busy on Monday thru Wed. for a while, so my story posts will probably pop up on Thursdays, Fridays, or the weekends.College, ya know?
Old March 18, 2002, 14:17   #142
Lonestar
inmate
King

Soveriegn

I posted a response to Admral Garland.

Based upon information taken from Chironian transmissions, our pysch unit decided that "Go with God" would be a nice way to tweak the University.
Old March 18, 2002, 18:04   #143
Sovereign
Prince

Lonestar,

touch'e

Old March 18, 2002, 18:10   #144
Cybergod
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
Based upon information taken from Chironian transmissions, our pysch unit decided that "Go with God" would be a nice way to tweak the University.

History, I was kinda hoping for Earth to reply to our message in a way so that we can send representatives and a "gesture of good will" by sending back the war prisoners (so Sym can jump ships). So, KASS!

Also, Morgan *cough* we send you message *cough* message very very secret *cough* you no reply???
*cough*

And - no, Maria will not be anyone's concubine!!!

--Nikola
Old March 18, 2002, 21:48   #145
Frankychan
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Cybergod
And - no, Maria will not be anyone's concubine!!!

--Nikola
Damn, I guess that's ok...When the Hive comes we'll be sure to drop your 'Queen' a little visit. (just kidding)

Well, things are building up quite nicely....Here's some more Hive introspection

Hive Mid-Level "Politics"

Hive social structure is basically simple, from top to bottom: (in parentheses indicates official title)

Emperor Sheng-ji Yang
(Imperial) Ministers-Cabinet Members
(System) Regent
(Planetary) Governor
Prefect

Explanation of 3 lower tiers-

(System) Regent- A regent is an individual that controls a Hive system. Therefore, planetary governor's report to this individual.

(Planetary) Governor-The planetary governor is in charge of whichever Hive planet he or she is assigned to. This individual is to make sure that the planet runs smoothly and operating a optimum efficiency.

Prefect-A planet's Prefect is in charge of an assigned "zone" on the planet. They act as the "mayor" of each Hive zone. Usually this zone is a single city on a Hive planet. They are in charge of maintaining order within their jurisdiction as well as keeping it running.

*note*-These ranks may be considered "civilian" in nature to today's standards. However, due to the overall nature of the GHE, every single citizen is considered part of Hive military. Therefore, individuals who hold these ranks also have military ranks as well. For instance, a Prefect might have the military rank of Major or Corporal.

Also, this is only taking into account conventional Hive society. Asteroid Bases, Deep-Space Spacestations, Outposts, etc. are considered military-exclusive zones. No "civilians" are present at these locations.

--------------------
I don't know how this will help anyone, seeing as no one knows how Hive society is structured, but if any of you were wondering how it ran...here it is.

Last edited by Frankychan; March 18, 2002 at 22:03.
Old March 20, 2002, 00:30   #146
Lonestar
inmate
King

Hey Franky,

I posted a detailed response to the GHE.

One minor note, in case you missed it, Ian mentions your diplomatic mission to earth. You may want to wonder how the hell he knew that.
Old March 20, 2002, 01:57   #147
Sovereign
Prince

History, when I introduced a friend of mine to read our BAC story, She noticed in your first post you had Zakharov in it, as if he was alive in 2700, but we know that he died in 2409 to Believer's assasination.

You could replace Zakarhov in current events with Randius, and thats pretty much the only obvious discrepancy in our story thread pertaining to UCS.

One other thing, I'm not sure if we should use proper names or just "slang" or abbreviations... like University instead of UCS, Hive instead of GHE, Terrans instead of Earth Coalition and Alliance, SoG and HoG instead of Believers, and so forth.

Should we use slang and abbreviations in tranmissions and background information like "Hive ships enters Morgan territory." instead of "GHE ships entering Morganite territory"

Just wondering whats up with that.

You guys can expect another post by me as reply to Protectorate and Hive, as well as escorting the Skipfire. And I'll introduce the first element of the Robot Civil War with a Yevan (rebel robots) attack.

Cmon, Mr. Time, hurry up and get me to Thursday evening or Friday so that I can have plenty of time to write a good post!!!
Old March 20, 2002, 02:44   #148
Frankychan
King

All kinds of issues to discuss...
Sovereign-

To address your question about the use of slang in BAC...For myself, I use slang to hint to the reader the tone of post. For me, I'll use slang usually if:

1. To summarize events quickly.

2. In informal dialogue. Slang will be used in passing conversations or whatever.

3. For derogatory purposes. If a Hive officer doesn't like a Morgan citizen (sorry History, just using it as an example!) he'll say "Those damn Morganites" instead of "Those damn Morgan's"

But like I said, use of slang is mostly for setting the tone in my posts...although I unintentionally use slang sometimes.

Hope this helps Sovereign! Looking forward to see your next post.

Lonestar-

I did indeed catch that little blurb. I like your post though, it is very inflammatory...will help create tension rather nicely.

I do hope you don't think Protectorate forces are in Hive space or Protectorate agents are in Hive territory, cause I can assure you...they are not. Everyone within the empire is loyal to the Hive lifestyle.

Expect a reaction from Yang later. It should be interesting. I'll also explain Yang's "mood swing".

Well, I'm glad others are posting. Earlier today I visited this site choke times and no one was here and I started to get scared.
Old March 20, 2002, 11:24   #149
Mellian
Queen

Quote:
Originally posted by kassiopeia
Btw - Mellian, do you have a character profile on this Admiral Kerensky? I can host it, or even write it (character history etc.) since I do have the Secretary General and the Taskforce Liaison Officer there already.

Name: Alexander something Kerensky
DOB: sometime between the official Scion War and the founding of the Terran Alliance.
Location of Birth: Russia, Earth

History:

-Child of two Scientists who worked at the Research Institute at Moscow.
-Kerensky was considered a Prodigy...rumoured to have been geneticly altered from the start or at some point in his childhood. seem to have quite an interest in history, military, politics, and so on.
-some incident happened which got the Parents to runaway, leaving Earth with the child at around his early adolecents. They escaped to Mars.
-Kerensky finish schooling on Mars and then join the Mars Combine military... where he ended up being the top of his class. In his early military career, he proving himself a lot during some skirmishs... so quickly gain in Rank, and given Longivity, which doesn't seem to really need it much... something to do with the rumoured genetic alterations?
-when the Terran Council decided to create the TAF, they then tried to figure who will take the responsibility to build from the ground up. Almost all members nominated some individuals, resulting in some arguments and so on... someone nominated Commodore Alexander Kerensky, which the Coalition and Combine can agree with... Coalition thought they could influence him their way, since he was born on Earth and so on.... but that didn't happen and becaming too late... and no point complaining in the COuncil has he is doing a great job to bring the TAF together.
-proving himself as one of the best Strategist, Tactician and so on in Sol, if not the best. He was able to mold the TAF perfectly, without to much influence by any members... and now, TAF pretty much considere almost as a seperate Faction, a military organization, within TA.

Description: I mix in various ideas.. like the genetic alteration idea from Bashir in DS9... and end up being quite an awesome fleet Admiral like Grand Admiral Thrawn in Starwars, General Kerensky in Battletech before the Exodus, and etc..... he doesn't seek power, or greedy or whatever... making it to influence him in whatever ways. He has a spotless career. He does have personal dislike of the Coalition, but doesn't alow those feelings to influence his thinking and him leading the TAF, and when dealing with the Coalition and so on. Better to keep his history an psych vague, but the Terran Council is very impress with him, maybe except the Coalition, shrugs.

Note: During gameplay, rather we keep him in the background... unless presonal messages needs to be done.... and keep any posts involving him in third person...... Actually, for now, rather keep all internal TAF stuff vague and in the background... reflecting the idea no one knows what the TAF is up too... while keeping easy to run them until i have better time to play them properlly. like that Pres Clark in Babylon 5... episodes occasionally mention him, but don't seriously focus on him... just some bad leader in the distance no one gets to see
Old March 20, 2002, 11:54   #150
Mellian
Queen

TAF Security edited this post

Last edited by Mellian; March 20, 2002 at 11:59.