Old April 1, 2002, 15:42   #241
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 22:16
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
He leaned back in his chair and took a sip of the Dr. Pepper on his desk.
Good one!

BTW people, what will happen to Mr Sym now? The "Emperor" hasn't said a thing about his agents...

So I'll take a little rest now... Or at least until Morgan replies and received Quantum Shadow. And no I did not name it because of Quantum Tunelling! Just a coincidence...
Old April 1, 2002, 18:38   #242
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 17:16
Quote:
Originally posted by frankychan
Lonestar-

good post! should prove interesting when Protectorate unveils itself and Yang decides to warn the other governments...
Oh, like they are going to believe Him

Quote:
About Gaian infiltrators, there would only be 3 or 4 sanctioned Gaian-Hive research stations in the Empire. At first I only wanted the one on New Lanark (Alynzia came into BAC before I did). Hope this helps but I don't think the Protectorate will get much info from the Gaian's cause they are heavily restricted.
Agreed. I already said we know "next to nothing"...
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1, 2002, 20:34   #243
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 15:16
Speaking of Alynzia, where is she now? Is she still writing for BAC?

As for Sym, Franky may do what he will with him now...until Mr. Ku finds out what has happened to him...

Lonestar-- Good to hear from you again. I also want to know what's happened to Ian in Dawn of the Protectorate.

Working on a new post...

Hope you all had a blessed Easter.
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1, 2002, 22:15   #244
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy

Lonestar-- Good to hear from you again. I also want to know what's happened to Ian in Dawn of the Protectorate.

I'll post the next "Dawn of the Protectorate" chapter tomorrow.
Old April 2, 2002, 04:27   #245
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 08:16
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Sorry for being away so long, we've been out camping the last few days.

Lonestar: Like your idea of a 'League of Nations' (or whatever), but exactly how much does the Protectorate know about how to put down revolts? You see the Cadre is going to be having problems with Lysander and Co., who is being backed by the Hive.
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2, 2002, 11:36   #246
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by GeneralTacticus

Lonestar: Like your idea of a 'League of Nations' (or whatever), but exactly how much does the Protectorate know about how to put down revolts? You see the Cadre is going to be having problems with Lysander and Co., who is being backed by the Hive.
Well, if you look at the Protectorate's timeline, you'll see we have ample experience about putting down revolts.
Old April 2, 2002, 12:50   #247
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 16:16
Hello everyone. I'm back in the good ole US despite mother nature's attempts to keep my plane from staying in the air. I really hate flying in thunderstorms and looking out the window while in one does nothing for your sense of security.

Anyway, I have a lot to catch up on it seems. The thread god is back and finally ready to try and get some material out. It will do me good I think. The last two months have been difficult to say the least. Well, I should get to reading I guess.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2, 2002, 15:09   #248
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 00:16
Any requests for what I should *definitely* include in my post?
Old April 2, 2002, 16:02   #249
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 11:16
It's good to have you guys back. I'm glad you made it back safely Sprayber.

Quote:
Well, if you look at the Protectorate's timeline, you'll see we have ample experience about putting down revolts.
Ah, by using mass drivers to eliminate the opposition! Just causing some friendly trouble dude! Of course the Hive would never do something like that.

Kass- Mr. Sym is headed toward Earth. You have possession of him until he reaches Hive space. Can you write something about him so that I can get a hold of him? Also, can you address the Hive ambassador's message to the Terrans about the Morganite affairs?

I have a feeling the postings coming up in the near future are going to be interesting...
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis

Last edited by Frankychan; April 2, 2002 at 18:26.
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2, 2002, 17:17   #250
Lonestar
inmate
King

Hey, if we want to take big ole rocks, encase them in iron, and use railguns to throw them at the rebel scum, that's our perogative.
Old April 2, 2002, 19:18   #251
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Kass-- Yes, you should have the official declaration of war on Morgan Interstellar, and maybe the opening attack on Samnos. I was thinking of three posts detailing the battles of Samnos and Naxos, one by you, one by Franky, and one by me.

In my next post I will address the issue of the Black Shadow group, the reaction to Sym, the movements towards the Terran border, the Novans, etc. If Kass posts before me I'll do a second one on the fighting at Samnos, and on the Old Glory fighter, as well as the fighting at Naxos. A lot of good men shall die that day...
Old April 2, 2002, 19:19   #252
History Guy
King

And Lonestar, we won't mind your offers of mediation...

Heck, we'll even support you in your war against Yang...

(franky's reaction-- )
Old April 2, 2002, 20:15   #253
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

K, I've posted somethign short to let everyone know that the Hive is on its way to Samnos and Naxos. When Kass makes the post declaring war on Morgan and reply to my message, should I attack Samnos first and then let the Terrans arrive during the battle or...what?
Old April 2, 2002, 20:31   #254
Frankychan
King

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
And Lonestar, we won't mind your offers of mediation...

Heck, we'll even support you in your war against Yang...

(franky's reaction-- )

I doubt the Protectorate would dissuade the Hive now. I'm afraid the break down of diplomacy between our two governments has had a rather detrimental effect on the Hive's view of the Protectorate and war with them will be inevitable (Sound good, Lonestar?)

Although we will have to discuss how we're going to go about Protectorate/Hive hostilities.....until the Spartan Federation decides to join the fight against Lord Ian.

As for our reaction- You threw me off guard w/that one!
Old April 2, 2002, 21:49   #255
Sovereign
Prince

So Morgan sides with these Protectorate facists, eh?

The Hive can count on the University to help. After all, University helped Hive out in Chironian days, and it shall do so again.

Everyone expects the University to be easy pickings. They got a real nasty surprise coming for them.

University has unmatched industrial capabilities in the areas of robotics and "replaceable" soldiers.

It can call up millions of robots, and robots don't feel pain, feel fear, feel fatigue, and never hestiates. So Robotic units will blow away any ground infantry invaders. This is why University has remained secure, and its 6 km War Carriers are nothing to laugh at either.

So.....

Hive ships get neutronium technology, devasating tachyon technology, Xaos missiles, and millions or billions of human soldiers. COMBINED with University's unrelenting computers, war robots, and extensive manufacturing complexes... Hive and University aren't going down easily. Actually easily is an understatement. Nothing short of Armageddon shall stop the University and Hive war machine

FC, shall we discuss strategic methods to mow everything in our path

Hehe, just had to say it all
Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 2, 2002, 22:04   #256
Frankychan
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Sovereign
So Morgan sides with these Protectorate facists, eh?

The Hive can count on the University to help. After all, University helped Hive out in Chironian days, and it shall do so again.

Everyone expects the University to be easy pickings. They got a real nasty surprise coming for them.

University has unmatched industrial capabilities in the areas of robotics and "replaceable" soldiers.

It can call up millions of robots, and robots don't feel pain, feel fear, feel fatigue, and never hestiates. So Robotic units will blow away any ground infantry invaders. This is why University has remained secure, and its 6 km War Carriers are nothing to laugh at either.

So.....

Hive ships get neutronium technology, devasating tachyon technology, Xaos missiles, and millions or billions of human soldiers. COMBINED with University's unrelenting computers, war robots, and extensive manufacturing complexes... Hive and University aren't going down easily. Actually easily is an understatement. Nothing short of Armageddon shall stop the University and Hive war machine

FC, shall we discuss strategic methods to mow everything in our path

Hehe, just had to say it all
I think the GHE and the UCSS relationship will bear glorious fruit.

Emperor Yang salutes Provost Randius! I believe the University would benefit from Hive industrial tech.

Sovereign-I believe we should discuss strategic methods!

Last edited by Frankychan; April 2, 2002 at 22:44.
Old April 2, 2002, 23:03   #257
Lonestar
inmate
King

Bah. You will find that the University/GHE is no Match for the Dosi(defensive of Protectorate systems only)/Protectorate/Morgan Intersteller Axis.
Old April 2, 2002, 23:06   #258
History Guy
King

Sovereign, well, though we like Protectorate values almost as little as Hive values, we do not want everyone to be out to get us, and so we Morganites need to hide behind...errrrr...I mean ally with those who would protect us. I trust the Spartans will not be so hasty to do in Lord Protector Ian, as they have enough trouble with the Hive, and soon the Terrans.

We have very good relations with the University, and would have to have to cut it off if Provost Randius shows any belligerence at us personally. We do not intend to send in our troops to attack Yang except in defense. So hey, we don't want war with Randius, nor Ian, nor really Yang for that matter, though we don't mind seeing him get it.

What will the Hive be able to do now with war on Morgan, Kessel, AND Ian? Surely he cannot have the manpower to hold out on all these fronts. We want the Protectorate as an ally as he will protect us when we are in danger from Hiverian attacks, and we know that we can count on our friends the Spartans in all our ventures. The Protectorate is hereby invited to mediate the war, as is the Spartan Federation!
Old April 2, 2002, 23:11   #259
Lonestar
inmate
King

Histpry Guy! I'm going to announce our existance to Morgan Intersteller in the next post. Can we have a (last-Generation) Battleship show up in the Morgan Home system broadcasting the message out?
Old April 2, 2002, 23:14   #260
History Guy
King

Lonestar--- Let's try this...

Spartan/Dosi/Protectorate/Morgan/Drone(?)/Believer Axis

vs.

Terran/Coalition/Hive/University Axis

Evenly matched...man I like these odds...
Old April 2, 2002, 23:15   #261
History Guy
King

Sure, Lonestar!
Old April 2, 2002, 23:25   #262
Lonestar
inmate
King

Right-O!

Boooonnnnngggg!!!
Old April 3, 2002, 01:46   #263
Frankychan
King

I believe things will get interesting once Kessel and the Spartan Federation learn that the Protectorate has not only attacked Hive holdings, but Spartan possessions as well...

As for the Dosi, I hope you don't think that you are unbeatable because that would not be realistic.

The GHE's little "misunderstanding" with Morgan won't be a "war" so to speak, but will be the first step in the Terran's manifest destiny. After that, the GHE will direct it's resources to its true threat, the Spartans.

As for the implied lop-sidedness-

I think you all misunderestimate the GHE and Universities capabillites!
Old April 3, 2002, 08:02   #264
History Guy
King

Franky-- Hmmm...I don't...the Terrans/Hive/University...tough crowd!
Old April 3, 2002, 08:19   #265
Mellian
Queen

(currently at the Charlotetown, PEI, Canada airport, which happens to have a comp available to the public...and for free i think, as no one charged me pretty neet...waiting for 9:40 am Marinetime. now, already being bothered for info... i am group leader for the duration of the flights to our destination weeee)

Quote:
I'm not a big science geek who knows every technology that are feasible and which ones aren't. But thanks Mellian for correcting my mistakes in that area. I appreciate it, I really do!
What? I am a geek for knowing all sort of science stuff? doubt it I may know about theories, concepts and sci-fi stuff in general, doesn't mean i know the exact details, the math and etc.... dislike math numbers, letters and symbols crunching isn't my thing.

Quote:
I'll drop the Hypermatter reactor and use a "refined Antimatter reactor" instead. How does that sound?
okay, but not like will make a big difference FTL wise FTL Drives have both power requirements and power limits.

Quote:
3. Do you think the "cylinder" ships are ok Mellian? They somewhat reflect the Star Destroyers, but in a much more round shape. They have a vague triangle shape, from front to back, like the Aegis cruiser.
sounds okay, but haven't check the datalinks yet and don't think i have much time left after this... will comment next i post.

4. About Metallic hydrogen.

Quote:
I understand your criticisms. Ahh!!! Now I remember... its solid hydrogen, isn't it? I think I'll go back to ToT and look up in the Civiliopedia to double check if its Solid Hydrogen, Metallic Hydrogen, or whatever the material the platforms in Nona are made of.
I can understand frozen hydrogen, but don't remember reading anything about that in ToT manual...and i am like very far from it right now too.

Quote:
I was thinking about having the "long dead Lalande ancient empire" ruins in the Spira system to show that the empire wasn't just confined to one system. It obviously had space travel and superior technology compared to humans and Protectorate and Dosi. A civilization or empire that advanced should be able to colonize worlds, or at least set up food or research outposts in other star systems.
yes, but since we are talking about ancient aliens... doesn't mean all species are into Empire building, greedily controlling as many systems as they and so on. There is also other ways of interstellar travel possible too (Quantum Tunelling for humans and so on for simpletistic and game balance sake)... like Stargates (both orbital and planetary ones. ancient Iconians in Startrek didn't seem to need ships to get to other systems or planets), teleportation (which teleport pads seems evident in Lalande), Psi Gates or generally using powerful psionics to get to extreme distances, etc....

Quote:
A good similiar parallel would be the T'Kon empire from Star Trek. That empire was mostly in one solar system, but left outposts in other systems which were research centers, listening outposts, etc.
My impression is that they had colonies, which died out after losing their home system to a supernova. and the T'kon weren't expansionists either.

Quote:
What I have in mind would be a much smaller and "scaled down" version of the floating platforms from Nona, with interesting artifacts and gizmos, as well as provide University new insight in new matter compression technologies (like Solid Hydrogen, I think). BUT, that new matter compression technology won't be fully understood for a decade or more, then University will have to prototype it. Then after the prototype, then a ramping-up of upgrading to older vessels. These upgrades won't happen until 2730 or so, about the same time Prometheus will perhaps be mass produced (if the prototype works out well)
i still very doubt or make sense to use solid hydrogen as armor... and Matter Compression in SMAC/X involved Nanometallurgy and Nanominiaturization just to tell you. or simply make the armor at high pressure locations maybe.

The ruins would be similiar to the mysterious temple in Drone territory, that is being studied, but doesn't give up its secrets readily or easily.

-LMP
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3, 2002, 08:34   #266
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Ok, I think I have everything listed down.

*suffles off to do some serious writing*

Quote:
Franky-- Hmmm...I don't...the Terrans/Hive/University...tough crowd!
You betcha! Hive/Terra numbers and production abilities boosted with Uni tech. Of course, Mellian knows that nothing is enduring
Old April 3, 2002, 08:38   #267
Mellian
Queen

did someone copy and pasted the general quick script for intro of the Pirates to the story thread, so it is chronogicly in order? I can do it, but not right now

Now, don't think a League of Nations thing will ever happen... as the Terrans consider the Terran Alliance like that, with a more militaristic streak. Also, you have the Peacekeepers, the last of the United Nations

As for alliances.... don't count the Coalition as they are under Terran Alliance juridiction, unless they quit from it... which won't exactly happen. and Kerensky not interested in an Alliance with the Hive... maybe a military pact against the morgans and so on, but won't fight another's war. Terran Alliance will become a major power to be reckon with.

The amount of time it takes for TA to declare war after capella is because they are debating it at first at the Council which quickly got convinved by Kerensky to declare war and to quickly and quietly get ready for it... and the attacks will happen few hours after the Declaration of War. TAF will ask for help from Titan's biotech scientists concerning Biometal.....researching it at Pluto under TAF supervision of course.

then, there also seem to be a Technological surge.... do realize people, once getting a new tech, does take some time to apply it and to upgrade. Also, remember, hoping to get the Proginators invading human space in the long run too

-LMP
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 3, 2002, 08:49   #268
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mellian
Also, remember, hoping to get the Proginators invading human space in the long run too

-LMP
Ah, that reminds me - I was hoping that the story would take a little twist later on, with an immense external threat, like the Borg in ST - TNG. What do you think of that?
Old April 3, 2002, 09:34   #269
History Guy
King

Franky--- Hmmm...well, we'll give you a buck ninty-five if you forget about attacking us...

Speaking of the Peacekeepers, has anybody heard from Guardian recently? Will he be writing for BAC?
Old April 3, 2002, 09:38   #270
Kassiopeia
Emperor

History, you you you... I wanted to start the next page, like I did before! Now I'll have to wait for the next 50 posts before I can post.

( )

Guardian? Haven't heard of him for a while, actually.