Old March 4, 2002, 18:07   #1
spartak
King

Local Time: 21:19
Local Date: October 31, 2010
One Sentence Story: The Escapr from the Unity
As the pods detached from the USS Unity Deirdrie and Yang were enveloped in a close embrace.
Old March 4, 2002, 18:29   #2
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 00:19
Local Date: November 1, 2010
"Why on earth are we on the same pod?" Deirdre asked, looking Yang straight in his cold eyes.
Old March 4, 2002, 18:39   #3
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 15:19
"I'll answer in one second, Miss Skye, but first, may I ask why that drone Domai is over there taking photos of the hab-bay with that cheap Japanese mass-produced camera?" responded Sheng-ji Yang, scratching his head sadly.
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 4, 2002, 18:43   #4
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

"Don't worry about the cheap Japanese camera, it was all we could get for him at this hour, you know, people hussling around, space ships exploding, you know the drill", Deirdre responded with the logical tone one would expect from a science officer and a xenobiologist.
Old March 4, 2002, 19:33   #5
spartak
King

Meanwhile, elsewhere on the disintigrating spaceship, Miriam was not alone.
Old March 4, 2002, 19:48   #6
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

"Heck, crickey, it's just because I wanna, mate!" shouted Domai at Yang, angrily as he took another snap at one of the nicer water fountains.
Old March 4, 2002, 20:53   #7
History Guy
King

Quote:
Meanwhile, elsewhere on the disintigrating spaceship, Miriam was not alone.
"Oh, hello, Miriam," quipped her guardian angel, sitting calmly near an escape pod that was swiftly loading, "I was wondering where you'd gone off to, silly dear."
Old March 5, 2002, 04:24   #8
spartak
King

Just making sure I have a good supply of bibles and holy water she replied.
Old March 5, 2002, 12:11   #9
Kassiopeia
Emperor

"Good for you luv", the guardian angel started, "but Miriam, you do know that Holy Water is unholy if it has been consumed once already", she continued, looking at the line starting from the other side of the bay and being cut as armed guards checked the people into the pod.
Old March 5, 2002, 13:00   #10
History Guy
King

"Well, gag me with a spoon if it ain't good old Sister M...hey, you remember me, it's old Pigtree Olliphant-Jones, remember, from Harvard Divinity School," cried out a short, chubby little guy in a class suit, with a straw hat, a blue polka-dot tie, and a little grubby mustache, who was presently pushing through the crowds towards Sister Miriam, who was sneaking some of the wine she was bringing, as well as chatting amiably with her guardian angel, who was slowly moving into the escape pod, coaxing Miriam to follow to safety.
Old March 5, 2002, 13:31   #11
Kassiopeia
Emperor

"Listen drone, you obey to my orders, I am the executive officer and the captain is not present, if you disobey me, I will have to hand out some punishment", Yang said, and was handed an electronical whip by Deirdre.
Old March 6, 2002, 18:27   #12
spartak
King

With a quick flick of the wrist he downed Domai but was prevented from following up the blow when the ship gave an almighty shudder.
Old March 6, 2002, 18:33   #13
Kassiopeia
Emperor

"What the hell was that?" Miriam shouted through the sudden noise of the metal structures of the ship moaning and twisting, and was met by an angry look by her guardian angel and an amazed one by the tubby little man called Pigtree.
Old March 6, 2002, 19:05   #14
spartak
King

"Oh come on", she cried, "I use one rude word while the whole ship is breaking up around me and you DARE to judge me!"
Old March 6, 2002, 19:22   #15
Kassiopeia
Emperor

"Just bloody forget it", the angel sighed, and continued, "but why are you standing here, while the ship is, truly, falling apart?"
Old March 6, 2002, 22:00   #16
History Guy
King

It was then that a vibration in the ship tossed the whole lot, Miriam, the angel, and Pigtree Olliphant-Jones, into a nearby escape pod.
Old March 7, 2002, 04:04   #17
spartak
King

Staggering to her feet Mirium hit the release for the pod, staring out of the window they watched the U.S.S.Unity explode around them as their pod headed for the surface of their new home.
Old March 7, 2002, 15:03   #18
History Guy
King

Meanwhile, CEO Morgan was in another escape pod, finishing off his dinner by picking his teeth with a gold toothpick, as he watched some can-can girls dance about on the make-shift stage.
Old March 8, 2002, 00:17   #19
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 17:19
Lal too stared at the can-can girls, thinking they didn't really need more doctors anyway.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8, 2002, 18:19   #20
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Morgan offered a drink to Lal, saying "Pravin, my dear friend, if you are here with me, well then who is controlling the seventh escape pod?"
Old March 8, 2002, 18:21   #21
History Guy
King

Lal responded, taking a seat and a glass of 40 year old champagne, "Oh, that'll be me mum."
Old March 8, 2002, 18:35   #22
Kassiopeia
Emperor

"Now that is strange", Morgan said, sipping the champaigne, "this bubbly has lost some of it's taste."
Old March 8, 2002, 19:57   #23
History Guy
King

"Yeah, that was me mum, alright, she booted me into your pod, saying 'Oh you go with the Morganites down to Chiron, they are so much more fun then UN people, and you may meet a nice can-can girl or something', you see, I wish she'd stop treating me like I was 18, I have gone through nuclear holocausts and all..." whined Lal.
Old March 8, 2002, 20:01   #24
Kassiopeia
Emperor

"My mom was a bit of a nuisance, too, at least to father, until he paid her to be quiet of the state of affairs and not tell my step-mom", Morgan said.
Old March 8, 2002, 20:56   #25
Lonestar
inmate
King

Meanwhile, Zakharov was busily making a distilery out of two potatos, some Bubble gum, and 29 old AAA batteries; "I'll have more vodka yet", he mused.
Old March 9, 2002, 12:10   #26
History Guy
King

Whereas any other human being would have looked upon the Provost's 'vodka experimentations' as unethical, poor litle Federov, the ugly midget hunchback lackey to Zakharov, was tugging at Prokhor's pant's leg and shouting up at him, "Man, you are such a genius!!!"
Old March 9, 2002, 12:14   #27
Kassiopeia
Emperor

"Shut up, and get me that screwdriver, a class III laser welder and shoe so that I can finish this thing", Zakharov commanded, already dreaming of getting piss drunk after planetfall.
Old March 9, 2002, 12:23   #28
History Guy
King

"Ok, sure, boss, yeah yeah," said Federov, walking glumly over to a table to find these objects, in the process spying out the rotund observation porthole Chiron itself, "The Planet, boss, the Planet!!!"
Old March 9, 2002, 15:00   #29
Lonestar
inmate
King

Zakharov felt his anger build; "It was there when you looked out the window 5 mins ago, you idiot!"
Old March 9, 2002, 16:47   #30
History Guy
King

"Well geeeze boss, gag me with a little wooden spoon, but I thought I was being helpful," whined Federov, taking a large (and very old) shoe out of a box marked 'RADIOACTIVE' that was stuffed conveniently under a table.