Old March 4, 2002, 20:54   #1
PGM
Prince

Local Time: 21:19
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Questions
I've got a couple questions about this amazing Civ3 game, if Soren himself could answer them, that'd be great. If not...

1) Does Universal Sufrage work the way Police Stations do? Or do I get a stronger effect by combining both?

2) I never could get this...
Example A: it's ok to have someone pay me 20 per turn but when I edit the agreement, they suddenly are insulted if I suggest anything over 1 pt?
Example B: I ask "do you care to offer something for Oil?". They say "10 pt". I say "no, you're nice guys, you're fighting a war for me over there, I only need 8 pt". And suddenly they feel insulted for anything over 2 pt, as long as I'm suggesting it, and not them? It doesn't make much sense.

3) Why can't we trade units? Each unit could have a relative value, according to each unit, their experience, and current Age, just like everything else in the game, and you could just trade them away. "Here's a veteran knight and an elite warrior, I want 150 gold please."

4) Why can't I airlift a worker? I looked in the editor, but I can't seem to find a way of changing this.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this.
Old March 4, 2002, 21:20   #2
TheDarkCavalier
Warlord

Local Time: 13:19
I'm pretty new at this but I'll try...

1) Combines the effect.

2) Because the comp, always offers maximum/minumum and anything lower/higher is insulting.

3) Sid's dumb...

4) look 3
Old March 4, 2002, 21:27   #3
TechWins
King

Local Time: 14:19
Quote:
4) Why can't I airlift a worker? I looked in the editor, but I can't seem to find a way of changing this.
Go into the editor then go into the Units tab. In there you'll see a section about special actions for units. If look at a few different units you'll notice which units have the airlift capabilities and which don't. If you want workers to have airlift capabilities just check the airlift box. After that save.

Quote:
3) Why can't we trade units?
Firaxis' answer to this was that the AI couldn't handle the trading of units appropriately, so they just left the feature out altogether. Again like many other instances with Civ3.
However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.
Old March 7, 2002, 19:03   #4
PGM
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by TechWins

Go into the editor then go into the Units tab. In there you'll see a section about special actions for units. If look at a few different units you'll notice which units have the airlift capabilities and which don't. If you want workers to have airlift capabilities just check the airlift box. After that save.

Firaxis' answer to this was that the AI couldn't handle the trading of units appropriately, so they just left the feature out altogether. Again like many other instances with Civ3.
Thanks for the info. I don't know how I missed that in the editor .
About trading units, I can't understand what the problem is: if the AI can trade cash, resources, maps, ..., it should be able to handle this too.
Old March 8, 2002, 02:15   #5
player1
Emperor

Local Time: 23:19
Re: Questions
Quote:
Originally posted by PGM
I've got a couple questions about this amazing Civ3 game, if Soren himself could answer them, that'd be great. If not...

1) Does Universal Sufrage work the way Police Stations do? Or do I get a stronger effect by combining both?

2) I never could get this...
Example A: it's ok to have someone pay me 20 per turn but when I edit the agreement, they suddenly are insulted if I suggest anything over 1 pt?
Example B: I ask "do you care to offer something for Oil?". They say "10 pt". I say "no, you're nice guys, you're fighting a war for me over there, I only need 8 pt". And suddenly they feel insulted for anything over 2 pt, as long as I'm suggesting it, and not them? It doesn't make much sense.

3) Why can't we trade units? Each unit could have a relative value, according to each unit, their experience, and current Age, just like everything else in the game, and you could just trade them away. "Here's a veteran knight and an elite warrior, I want 150 gold please."

Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this.
Woker is a very big group of people. Not something to be trasported by plane.
On the other hand other units consist of at lest 10-100 times less population, so it's ok for them.

Still Artillery should be capable of Airlifting.
Old March 8, 2002, 05:06   #6
steelehc
Prince

Local Time: 12:19
If an infantry division can be airlifted, with all its equipment, then whatever a worker represents should be airlift-capable as well.

Steele
Old March 10, 2002, 11:43   #7
PGM
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by steelehc
If an infantry division can be airlifted, with all its equipment, then whatever a worker represents should be airlift-capable as well.

Steele
Exactly. If we can airlift something as big as modern armors, workers shouldn't be a problem.