Old March 10, 2002, 12:34   #271
Hueij
Emperor

Local Time: 23:22
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Ah, but you are talking dogs here Cats know that the best love is unanswered love, so they pretend not to care (pretend??) so you'll love them even more
Old March 10, 2002, 12:42   #272
Ishtar
Settler

Local Time: 17:22
"Ah, but you are talking dogs here Cats know that the best love is unanswered love, so they pretend not to care (pretend??) so you'll love them even more "

I have had my share of kitties too. They are unique unto themselves.

Though, perhaps you have stumbled upon something here..... pretending not to care? Wonder...would it work for us (humans) as well as it does for the fickle kitties?? Something tells me that it would not.
Old March 10, 2002, 12:48   #273
Hueij
Emperor

Well, playing hard to get can be a succesfull strategy. It can also backfire, it depends on the people involved I guess. There is no "100% succes guaranteed" way (unless you are Vel of course...)

But somehow it always seem to work for cats
Old March 10, 2002, 12:50   #274
Ishtar
Settler

Yep....decided long, long ago, that should reincarnation be an absolute....I want to come back as a cat.
Old March 10, 2002, 12:56   #275
Hueij
Emperor

Whoa! That means that it's possible that we meet each other in about 30, 40, 50 years time
Old March 10, 2002, 13:22   #276
Ishtar
Settler

That Long?
Old March 10, 2002, 13:23   #277
Hueij
Emperor

Duh... forgot to rate this thread...

I wonder what I'm doing here, in a couple of years I probably will be flirting with the nurses in the old folks' home
Old March 10, 2002, 13:26   #278
Ishtar
Settler

Now, H..... come off that!!

It'll be many years before you go there...BUT..just in case.

You nurses out there better be on the lookout!!
Old March 10, 2002, 13:32   #279
Hueij
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Ishtar
Now, H..... come off that!!

It'll be many years before you go there...BUT..just in case.

You nurses out there better be on the lookout!!
Hehe... It's not that I live that healthy But then again, if you do live healthy you don't live any longer, it just seems longer
Old March 10, 2002, 13:34   #280
Ishtar
Settler

Neither do I. I figure if I go tomorrow...as long as there's a smile on my face...it will have been worth it!!

Healthy .. BLAH!!! That's NO fun at all. Let's eat, drink and be merry!!
Old March 10, 2002, 13:50   #281
Hueij
Emperor

I'll drink to that!...
Old March 10, 2002, 21:08   #282
Ishtar
Settler

HEHEHHE

I have been for like the last ... uh...how many hours now? I kinna lost count...the movie ended about uhhhh 3 ish... I kinna don't remember... damn... been a long time since I had SO MUCH FUN!! Can't tell ya the last time I was in a "real life" bar LOL...
Ishie's got a buzz!! Good thing I wasn't the designated driver!
Old March 11, 2002, 00:14   #283
David James
Prince

Local Time: 16:22
I like the advice you've put up here Vel. I haven't yet had an opportunity to try any of it out (ok, some of it I knew already) but I sure can't wait till the time that I can.

Would it be possible to include some more info about that perennial bug-bear, approaching girls in groups? I mean how do you "isolate" the target girl without appearing rude to the others, and hence to her? Oh, and what of the special case of girls in pairs? What do you do about the other girl - who will not have anyone to talk to if you monopolize her friend? Any thoughts?

Nice to see that my old friend David Floyd is having some luck with girls
Old March 11, 2002, 01:19   #284
David Floyd
Emperor

Local Time: 21:22
David James!!!!!!!!!

What's up???
Old March 11, 2002, 01:39   #285
ravagon
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 05:22
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I recently heard about a good tactic in showing up to meet people for the first time wearing a fake plaster cast.
Old March 11, 2002, 02:06   #286
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:22
Still waiting for word from Kass

Damn soap operas! Never watch them once - you SOOO get sucked in!

And I'd love to be flirting with the rest, but living 6-12 hours displaced from the bulk of you guys DOES kinda make contact a little... delayed.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old March 11, 2002, 11:30   #287
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

David James! Howdy bud!

Good questions....don't know that I have the end-all answers to those, but here's how I generally try to approach it:

First, remember...it is ALWAYS best to flirt in a place that's very familiar to you....this is all the more important when you're approaching women in groups. Why? Well, if you see a woman who strikes your fancy, but she's out with a girlfriend of hers, you're absolutely right....it'd be rude to interrupt their evening out, but....the fact is that if you've got friends here, then you have help, cos guys enjoy helping each other out that way...lol (and if you're at a club where that's not the case, then just make sure to bring a buddy with you). Find the woman that takes your breath away, get your buddy to run a bit of interference for you, and you're all set!

Alternately, you can always try flirting with both of them! One or the other will be sending you out a stronger interest signal, and one you know who that is, it's pretty easy to rope another person into the group to keep the numbers even....)

In larger groups, it's usually quite easy to get "into" the group, especially if it's a mixed gatehring (males and females out together). It's easy enough to approach one of the guys and challenge him to a friendly game of darts, pool, trivia...or whatever the bar in question has for entertainment....and once you're in the group...

(Oh! Important point! Study the group dynamic before issuing such a challenge! It may be in your best interest to challenge the "leader" of the group and intentionally lose....that depends on how you percieve the group tho...it could be the case that you can come in, issue a challenge and sorta assume leadership over the group by winning....thus, most of the attention naturally gravitates to you....but again, each group will be different, so study from a distance till you get a feel for things!)

How's that?
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old March 11, 2002, 14:33   #288
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 00:22
Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
Still waiting for word from Kass
You don't want to hear.

Though, it didn't fall on the email part.
Old March 11, 2002, 16:26   #289
Ishtar
Settler

Ok, Kass...

Fill us in...maybe someone here can help figure it out.
Old March 11, 2002, 16:30   #290
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Ishtar
Ok, Kass...
Fill us in...maybe someone here can help figure it out.
I can't begin "figuring it out". Let's just say that a former best friend of mine got there first.
Old March 12, 2002, 15:59   #291
Ishtar
Settler

And why is no one in here flirting?

practice makes perfect you know....

Where's the Professor anyway? He hasn't shown up for class in days...
Old March 14, 2002, 21:27   #292
David James
Prince

Local Time: 16:22
Ahh... flirting with both girls at once. That could work, I suppose

Ok, here's what happened to me today:

I sat down at a table in the library and sitting across the table was a very cute girl whom I noticed once I had sat down. I wanted to talk to her and somehow ask her out but I couldn't think of a way. To complicate matters another girl sat down some time later on the same side of the table as me but some distance away. Until she sat down I had been planning to wait till the cutie got up and asked her then but of course when she did get up to leave I did nothing other than smile at her (and she smiled back). I really feel dumb now but I didn't exactly want to ask out a girl whom I've never met in front of another just like that.

Hi David Floyd

Well, other than girl troubles (see above), I'm doing fairly well. How about you?
Old March 14, 2002, 21:49   #293
Fitz
King

Local Time: 13:22
Vel, a few comments on your original post (not having time to read all ten pages of this thread):

1) On paying attention and making lots of physical contact:

I'm not a physical contact kinda guy, and I suffer from a fair amount of lack of focus in regards to my attention.

However, I've found that my biggest successes in getting the attention of women almost exclusively come from paying very little attention to a women once past the first introductory stage. I do the initial eye contact thing (along with the crooked little smile and small nod), and striking up a conversation is easy enough, but once that happens, I find being easily distracted helps rather than hurts. If they are part of a group and I'm the interloper, then I talk to all in the group, and force them to grab my attention back. If I'm with friends, even better. They want my attention too, so I'm forced to break a conversation (typically with "can we continue this conversation later" as the parting line) and when I come back later, it makes them all that much more interested.

In regards the physical contact, I acctually dislike it enough that I have to suppress my initial instinct in regards to strangers, which is to pull away when touched. Once again, this seems to work to my benefit. It seems invariable that when I initiate contact (even casual) that the response is immediately along the lines of "oh, its obvious what this guy wants". But if I let them initiate, and in fact continue without responding for a while, women seem to touch me more and more as time passes, probably trying to get my attention.

2) I don't ever use props, because it seems to hamper me more than help. I find being myself works fine, but then I usually have an enourmous resevoir of triviality to talk about, so maybe that's just a personal style.

3) I can't wait to read the next installment, which I can only assume is going to be along the lines of "Taking it to the next level".

P.S. - Watch out for those fiesty chicks, unless all you are really looking for is the flirting. They tend to be all talk and no game.
Old March 14, 2002, 21:55   #294
David Floyd
Emperor

Quote:
Well, other than girl troubles (see above), I'm doing fairly well. How about you?
Outside of my broken arm/surgery thing?

Not too bad, not too bad - enjoying college mainly.
Old March 20, 2002, 17:46   #295
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Who was it that said that email asking doth not work? You are WRONG!

Let's get to the start.

1. I ask her out via email, encouraged by Ishtar. (I am ever so grateful to you!)
2. No response. I decide to ask on Monday.
3. On Monday, friend tells that he (friend) is seeing her.
4. I depressed.
5. I read respsonse email, finally. SHE SAID YES!
6. What will happen next? Things look very very very good for me - but not that good for my friend. God damn he was such a weasel lying to me like that! :kill:

But aggression aside! Tomorrow, it's face to face time! This time, the ice has been broken, it's all good!
Old March 20, 2002, 18:58   #296
David Floyd
Emperor

Congrats! I'm sorta feeling out the girl I'm looking at right now, going slow, etc - hope my luck is as good as yours
Old March 20, 2002, 19:00   #297
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by David Floyd
Congrats! I'm sorta feeling out the girl I'm looking at right now, going slow, etc - hope my luck is as good as yours
I even have her phone number. Would of used it right away, but it's one o'clock in the night and, well,
Sleep? An unfamiliar concept...
Old March 20, 2002, 19:07   #298
David Floyd
Emperor

Remember the three day rule

Old March 20, 2002, 19:14   #299
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by David Floyd
Remember the three day rule

Didn't step to mah mind until now.
Old March 20, 2002, 19:16   #300
David Floyd
Emperor

Come on, you can't forget the life lessons of "Swingers"!