Local Time: 21:22
Local Date: October 31, 2010
i do so hope
Old March 6, 2002, 01:39   #62
Ishtar
Settler

Local Time: 17:22
Now, Vel...what kind of mental notes are you makin??
Old March 6, 2002, 01:40   #63
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Only the very best kind, I assure you, m'lady Ishtar....

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old March 6, 2002, 01:44   #64
David Floyd
Emperor

bet you're glad you posted this thread eh vel?
Old March 6, 2002, 01:45   #65
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

DF....more than words can express bud....

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old March 6, 2002, 01:48   #66
David Floyd
Emperor

Old March 6, 2002, 01:53   #67
Velociryx
staff

Told ya man....nothing quite like striking up a conversation outta the blue with a charming lady....I'm lovin' it....

-=Vel=-
(and....she's into the whole stargazing/impromptu picnic thing too....that's tops!)
Old March 6, 2002, 01:57   #68
David Floyd
Emperor

nice!
Old March 6, 2002, 02:18   #69
Ishtar
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Velociryx
Told ya man....nothing quite like striking up a conversation outta the blue with a charming lady....I'm lovin' it....

-=Vel=-
(and....she's into the whole stargazing/impromptu picnic thing too....that's tops!)
Yea, she is. Thinks that'd make for an awesome evening!
Old March 6, 2002, 02:19   #70
David Floyd
Emperor

this thread's headed straight for the archives
Old March 6, 2002, 02:49   #71
Ishtar
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by David Floyd
this thread's headed straight for the archives
Ok David...being new here...I'm gonna surmise that the archives would be a good thing??? Seems to have turned into a pretty good thread, doesn't it?
Old March 6, 2002, 02:51   #72
Asher
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
President of the OT

Local Time: 15:22
The really good threads are eventually archived so they can be browsed in the future, the other threads are eventually purged from the system to save space.

Although this site seems to have difficulties maintaining archives.
Old March 6, 2002, 05:15   #73
devilmunchkin
Warlord

here's the story of me and LR:
a friend introducedus because he thought i liked to argue and debate alot and arguiing is what LR lives for. at the same time the poor thing is very shy and insecure about the opposite sex. I though he was snobby at first (hmm..like the lot of you do)....but he kept aiming me and eventually i came to think he was an alright guys. mind you i wasn't head over heals. i thought we were just gonna be internet buddies.
one night
he got drunk. and all his inhibitions were lifted. and yes, he began to flirt. perhaps the moral should be: shy guys...get drunk adn then go for it. lol. that might also backfire.
LR (who is by my side at the moment ) recommends hard work and dedication ...i guess in building a relationship from the get-go..which includes flirting.
"Speaking on the subject of conformity: This rotting concept of the unfathomable nostril mystifies the fuming crotch of my being!!! Stop with the mooing you damned chihuahua!!! Ganglia!! Rats eat babies!" ~ happy noodle boy
Old March 6, 2002, 05:43   #74
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:22
Local Date: November 1, 2010
What we should REALLY be thinking about (or perhaps not thinking about) is what the PMs between Vel and Ishtar are like....

Damn, Vel, how is it that you seem to be Apolyton's MVP? Advice on everything and you seem to respond to EVERYONE who EVER posts anything in your threads. And if you're NOT a part of the beta testing of Civ3 then that qualifies as crime of the century. I'd shake your hand, if I could.

And this confirms my suspicion - the OT forum IS just a cover for a matchmaking service!

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old March 6, 2002, 06:09   #75
Solly
Emperor

Local Time: 22:22
I don't think it's the advice these people need. They've read it all, heard it all before - it's great in theory but some people just find it impossible to put your advice into action.

Personally, my problem is that I'm too picky which I am sure you all know. I also like the chase, so I like spending time over that which can be fun/ Don't worry, I'm not in real life as fascinated by politics and religion as I am on here!

I enjoy life being single at the moment, no hassles, spend Sunday watching football if I want, get drunk if I want to (which I haven't for a while).
Old March 6, 2002, 07:05   #76
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

But Boddington, isn't that a somewhat impermanent enjoyment? I get that too, but it seems to crash away with the least provocation. Vel's advice is, as ever, mostly common sense (with the odd genius stroke), but all of it is stated as clear as it ever has been, and, given his reputation (and seeming success with Mlle Ishtar ) here at Apolyton, it may just be enough to help someone - and isn't it all worth it for even two more happy souls? ( )

Old March 6, 2002, 07:25   #77
Drekkus
Settler

It's good to give shy posters here a general idea how to approach women. But maybe there's a small flaw in the plan. Most inexperienced guys are insecure and avoid women by fear of rejection. So I have compiled a few comeback lines to politely respond in case of rejection.

Man: Haven't I seen you someplace before?
Woman: Yes, that's why I don't go there anymore.
Man: Really? I heard it was because everyone there calls you a fat slut.

Man: Is this seat empty?
Woman: Yes, and this one will be if you sit down.
Man: Probably because you will be on your knees sucking on my c0ck.

Man: Your place or mine?
Woman: Both. You go to yours, and I'll go to mine.
Man: That's cool, cause after I'm done ****ging you in the back of my car, I don't give a **** where you go.

Man: How do you like your eggs in the morning?
Woman: Unfertilized.
Man: No problem, I can always shoot my load in your face.

Man: I would go to the end of the world for you.
Woman: But would you stay there?
Man: Probably, cause you seem like a right clingy bird that is impossible to get rid of once you ****.

Male: Would you like to dance?
Female: I'd rather die.
Male: I think you mis-heard me. I said your arse looks fat in that skirt.

Male: If I could see you naked, I'd die happy.
Female: If I saw you naked, I'd probably die laughing.
Male: That works for me....as long as you are still a little warm when I shove it up your arse.

Ok, ok. They're not funny and 'somewhat' rude. Don't shoot
Old March 6, 2002, 08:28   #78
MrWhereItsAt
Deity

DAMN! I hope Vel never sees what you've done to his nice little thread.

Old March 6, 2002, 08:39   #79
Solly
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
But Boddington, isn't that a somewhat impermanent enjoyment? I get that too, but it seems to crash away with the least provocation. Vel's advice is, as ever, mostly common sense (with the odd genius stroke), but all of it is stated as clear as it ever has been, and, given his reputation (and seeming success with Mlle Ishtar ) here at Apolyton, it may just be enough to help someone - and isn't it all worth it for even two more happy souls? ( )
Most of my relationships end at the chase stage.
Old March 6, 2002, 08:40   #80
MikeH
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameBtS Tri-League
OTF Moderator

Perhaps you should take up athletics?

We've got both kinds
Old March 6, 2002, 08:53   #81
Solly
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by MikeH
Perhaps you should take up athletics?
Well I go to the gym several times a week and play badminton Wednesday afternoons (which reminds me...).

Alternatively, .
Old March 6, 2002, 08:56   #82
MikeH
staff
OTF Moderator

I think is right, I did mean so you could run fast enough to catch them.

We've got both kinds
Old March 6, 2002, 09:44   #83
DarlinKell
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:22
This thread took an interesting twist!
Old March 6, 2002, 09:48   #84
MikeH
staff
OTF Moderator

It certainly did. Back to the original post I to flirt all the time, it's great.

We've got both kinds
Old March 6, 2002, 10:28   #85
Velociryx
staff

Morning all! wow....LOSSA new posts since I drifted off to sleep!

Kell...sorry I didn't comment on your "womans' pov" yesterday, but I just re-read it...GOOOOOD stuff in there, darlin! Hmmmm....and was that you I saw walkin' by a bit ago?

Mr. Fun: What can I say but thanks man! Oh....I dunno 'bout bein' Poly's MVP, but I *do* enjoy posting here a lot and regard this place as sorta my second home. As to Firaxis...nope....not a PEEP outta them regarding the beta team. They coulda had me as one of their biggest, most vocal supporters....now....well, now they get me as a competitor! LOL...not that Velocigames has them shakin' in their boots or anything (yet)....but you never know....you just never know....

And as to PM's between myself and the Lady Ishtar...::lookin' all innocent:: Nahhhh....

Drekkus: Uh....yeah. LOL....interesting....and lemme know if you actually USE any of those...'k?

Boddington's: Maybe....I can definitely see your point re: people who are *painfully* shy maybe not bein' able to make use of any of this stuff....but bear in mind that I was that way myself for the longest time, but eventually worked my way out of it. Small steps...mostly by doing little things (like not carrying a lighter, starting to carry a notebook to jot poetry down on....one tiny step at a time till the confidence built up). As Mr. Fun says though, if even one person finds *anything* of value here, then I will regard the thread as having been a success...

Lady Ishtar: WhoooHooo! Looks like we're archive bound? And how'd you sleep, btw? Heard a rumor somebody kept you up way too late...

-=Vel=-
Old March 6, 2002, 10:36   #86
Ishtar
Settler

Quote:

Lady Ishtar: WhoooHooo! Looks like we're archive bound? And how'd you sleep, btw? Heard a rumor somebody kept you up way too late...

-=Vel=-
'Mornin everyone!!
Archive bound...YIPPEE!! Don't know that I've ever been archived!
Sleep? Sleep? Yes, that rumor would be true. I was up til the very wee hours this morn - but mind you all - it was worth it - a most enjoyable evenin/mornin.

Ish
Old March 6, 2002, 10:47   #87
Velociryx
staff

Me too, Lady Ishtar....'twas too bad we couldn't work in any star gazing, but....next time!

-=Vel=-
(wondering if somebody can make an icon with a blushing bald spot...LOL)
Old March 6, 2002, 10:55   #88
Ishtar
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Velociryx

Me too, Lady Ishtar....'twas too bad we couldn't work in any star gazing, but....next time!

-=Vel=-
(wondering if somebody can make an icon with a blushing bald spot...LOL)
Vel~

Next time? A next time? Not a one night "stand"? Oh my...what's a girl to say?

Isnt' it early in the day to be blushing already?

Old March 6, 2002, 11:03   #89
Provost Harrison
Apolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV PBEMPolyCast Team
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Dissident
for some reason when I give women lots of eye contact they call the cops
I think the point is glancing, not trying to stare them out, and when they avert their eyes, grabbing their head with two hands and turning their face in your direction to stare at them for longer...that does tend to scare them off

Very interesting, but is there a shorter version?
Old March 6, 2002, 11:05   #90
MikeH
staff
OTF Moderator

It's worth reading the long version.

We've got both kinds