Old March 7, 2002, 22:14   #211
Ishtar
Settler

Local Time: 17:22
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Blackwidow24

...besides I think you have VEL completely wrapped my dear..but if it does come down to it I will kick her Ass up and down this SITE!!!!!
You think so? I dunno....guess we'll have to see how this flirting deal plays out...
Old March 7, 2002, 22:30   #212
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 16:22
Sometimes I miss the flame wars.

I'm switching the channel. I never liked a soap opera anyway. I think I'll watch the Paiktis comedy channel instead.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old March 7, 2002, 22:31   #213
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Local Time: 21:22
LOL....I assure you she's not my DL, nor anyone else's that I'm aware of!

So, Ishtar, Kell, how ARE you ladies this evening? C'mere and sit with me a while....we'll grab some drinks (margaritas okay?) and some mexican food, maybe go sit out on the deck for a while?

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old March 7, 2002, 22:38   #214
Ishtar
Settler

Hi Vel!
Was wondering where you were tonight. Glad you made it back here.
Margaritas? What about just going with the straight Tequila? Prefer that to the margs.
Oh yes, let's venture out on the deck..those beautiful stars are out there...and did you catch that sunset tonight? Happened to be on the road back here when I saw it. All I needed was you and a blanket... ;-)

Ish
Old March 7, 2002, 23:03   #215
Gibsie
Civilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Remember to keep it PG-13 kiddies.
Old March 7, 2002, 23:33   #216
Velociryx
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormApolytoners Hall of FameC4DG Gathering StormThe Courts of Candle'Bre

Yep....Gibsie brings up something important....'member...flirting is a game. Light hearted and fun.....talking about kicking ass and getting tooooo snuggly goes beyond the scope of part one of our little guide in the making....of course, one possible *result* of all that flirting is...well, yeah...LOL...but we'll cover that part later....

For the moment, 'member that flirting is all about the fun....playful conversations all 'round....

-=Vel=-
The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.
Old March 7, 2002, 23:36   #217
Velociryx
staff

(besides...LOL...much as I'm flattered, I'd rather not find myself at the center of a fight...those claws can be....dangerous....)

-=Vel=-
Old March 7, 2002, 23:38   #218
Cairo_East
Chieftain

Local Time: 16:22
This is the funniest post I've read.
-"The Grand Parade of Lifeless Packaging" (Genesis 1974)
Old March 8, 2002, 00:40   #219
Ishtar
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Ishtar
All I needed was you and a blanket... ;-)
" Gisbie - Remember to keep it PG-13 kiddies"

Ok, y'all where's your minds? If you're gonna gaze up at stars and/or watch a sunset...don't ya need a blanket if you're gonna sit on the ground and/or in case it's cold out?

Twas an Innocent post....it's your interpretation.

Last edited by Ishtar; March 8, 2002 at 01:03.
Old March 8, 2002, 00:51   #220
ravagon
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 05:22
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Velociryx
(besides...LOL...much as I'm flattered, I'd rather not find myself at the center of a fight...those claws can be....dangerous....)

-=Vel=-
Vel what hath thou done? Thou reapeth what thou soweth. (And I'm getting a listhp )

PS: All posters should remember that names/posts could well appear in unaltered form in the Strat guide one day. (Or at least in the credits ). Beware!

Old March 8, 2002, 00:58   #221
Ishtar
Settler

Quote:

-=Vel=-
Now, Vel....
I bet you'd love having a couple of girls fightin over you. But, ...I tend to run from fights....don't like 'em. Remember, I said something similar to BW in a thread the other day? Yes, the word fight was in my original post, but, notice, I did not reply to either post regarding that. I did reply to BW's post stating "besides I think you have VEL completely wrapped my dear." How's that for an interpretation of the flirting going on here? Does that mean it's working?
Old March 8, 2002, 10:36   #222
Blackwidow24
Queen

I WILL BEAT DK AZZZZZZZZZZZZ..Let me at her let me at her....

SP: FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT "FIGHT

DK::GRrrrRRrRrR

BW:GRRRrrRRRrrRrrRRRRRRRR
Old March 8, 2002, 10:43   #223
Velociryx
staff

'morning all!

Good point, Lady Ishtar...maybe we DID have our minds in the gutter! LOL

And BW's feeling feisty this morning....should be a good day on the boards....

-=Vel=-
PS to Rav: Yikes! LOL...I'm hoping I didn't sow all that! I likes the flirting, but I'd rather not see a big brawl on my account....black eyes and such detract from the whole flirting thing, you know....
Old March 8, 2002, 10:48   #224
Blackwidow24
Queen

Comes in with shoulder showing..

Hey Vel you wanna join me in the coffee shop while Ishie is gone???*wink wink* Let's grabs some OJ and I could use a helping of SMOKING HOT SAUSAGE!!
Old March 8, 2002, 10:58   #225
Velociryx
staff

:: pleasant sigh::

Ohhhh....one of my many weaknesses....love the off the shoulder look!

Breakfast eh? It'd be an honor....(taking the Lady's hand) Shall we?

-=Vel=-
Old March 8, 2002, 18:57   #226
Ishtar
Settler

Hey Y'all...

I'm baaackkk.

BW....I hope you were able to keep Vel in line while I was away...I imagine given a chance...he could get outta control **hopeful grin** And....

Vel...if you liked BW's off the shoulder look today...shuddave seen what I wore to my interviews
Shoot...might even get an actual job offer!

Ish

Last edited by Ishtar; March 8, 2002 at 20:11.
Old March 8, 2002, 18:59   #227
Velociryx
staff

sounds verrrry intriguing!

I'm off to Florida....the big 16 hour marathon...there and back again in a single breath...we'll see if I can ironman it....been a while since I drove that many hours at once, but...should come back easily enough....

-=Vel=-
(Gypsy blood can be a good thing!)
Old March 8, 2002, 19:22   #228
Ishtar
Settler

Quote:
sounds verrrry intriguing!

I'm off to Florida....the big 16 hour marathon...there and back again in a single breath...we'll see if I can ironman it....been a while since I drove that many hours at once, but...should come back easily enough....

-=Vel=-
(Gypsy blood can be a good thing!)
Offered you company over at BW's place...I'm on the way, you know
Old March 8, 2002, 19:23   #229
Ishtar
Settler

Seems you were really busy over there today....
and what's this about a "date"?? The flirtin payin off?
Gee...maybe I better get back at it...perhaps I can get a date too...

anybody wanna flirt with Ish??
Old March 8, 2002, 19:47   #230
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 00:22
Quote:
Hmmm....yep...that does make things a bit trickier.

What can I say guy....if you're head over heels for her, do what you can to make it happen!

-=Vel=-
I am crying... Out of sheer joy... There was a horrible misunderstanding... She's not taken... This is amazing... THIS IS AMAZING!

Words can not describe this. All that angst and depressiong for naught!
This has taught me a valuable lesson. I promise to be much more swift in my moves...

Old March 8, 2002, 20:09   #231
Ishtar
Settler

You want her, boy, go get her. Don't hesitate...don't look back..for she may be gone when you turn around.
Old March 8, 2002, 20:31   #232
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Yes. I am thinking of something very drastical.

"xxx, you have been the only reason I have had to wake up at mornings. Please, make me the happiest man in the world and go out with me?"
Old March 8, 2002, 20:34   #233
Lancer
Civilization III MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamC4BtSDG Rabbits of Caerbannog
Deity

*Girl meeting joke alert*
Perhaps with so many pages someone has already posted this old joke, but here it is anyway...

Two guys sitting in a bar, Clem and Zeke, when a real babe walks in. Clem says to Zeke, "I'm gunna hit on this here hot girl". Zeke, "go for it".

So Clem walks over, and Zeke watches from the bar. He becomes very concerned when the girl smacks his friends face a schrewd blow. Clem walks back and sits down. "Hey, why did she smack you like that?" says Zeke. "I dunno, I just asked her if she wanted to ****."

Zeke says, "NO MAN! You gotta make conversation first, gets em warmed up..."

So in walks a second babe.

Clem says, "she's hotter than the first" Zeke says, "go for it, but remember what I told you."

So Clem walks over, Zeke watches. All seems to be going well at first, but then the girl slaps him silly. Clem walks back and sits down.

Zeke says "what happened this time?" Clem, "I did what you said and made conversation first, I said "Hi, do you like apples?" She said, "yes". Then I said, "you wanna ****?"

------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it, my only advise...never ask a girl if she likes apples.
Old March 8, 2002, 20:58   #234
Kassiopeia
Emperor

OMG.

I have just asked a member of the opposite sex out. Via email, though, but I did and that's the main thing!
All is riding on this. If it works, good, if it doesn't, well, it doesn't.

And Vel; I added some self-written poetry to the message. Damn, this better work!
Old March 8, 2002, 22:58   #235
Ishtar
Settler

Good Luck Kass.!!

Keep us posted!!
Old March 8, 2002, 23:14   #236
faded glory
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Ok......Flirting is a game. But it breaks down shyness. Putting your shoulder on a girl goes on a long way...and doing it often, helps them get used to the idea of you touching them. Blind/first Dates are a ***** for me, im nervous, your smoking a gillion ciggarrettes ruining my cologne. And a million things are running through my mind.

Some tips

1) Never, EVER, Leave Dead air! By that I mean, never let there be a moment of silence for more than 10 seconds. Ever, this is a total bunk. You have to talk about somthing. Cover areas from work, life, residence, politics. Really anything. if she shows interest. Go for it....keep her' engaged in it. But Dead air is a killer.

2) Girls love jokes and demeaning humilation I dont know why. but that drives them nuts when you humour yourself......and other things. Like Once I was at red lobster and purposely said "You look good enough to eat.....I mean, this scampi" . Oh try to get close to them. It starts with getting them to have a bite of your food...But dont get to cocky. It doesnt improve your chances. Many things you can do...Margarita's are awesome mating drinks. The whole Salt licking thing

3) If you can get them back into your place for a few drinks. Show them around. I have an awesome collection of Star Wars memorabilla that always gets em talking. Ok, Your in good shape. Watch a movie or somthing..I say one thing at this point. Go for the feet. Why? Women love to have there bare feet stoked. Dunno why. It might be smelly.....but somthing about the feet, always get em' goin and opening up and talking more. Never ask for sex on the first date. If it happens, bye all means dont resist! But its kinda rude. You just want to get them to like you, and want to see you again.

A few other things. You should always be the ride. Make sure your car is clean. Once I left a pair of wet socks on my dashboard. Not cool..
Old March 9, 2002, 18:07   #237
Gibsie
Civilization IV: Multiplayer
Emperor

Also, asking out a girl by e-mail never works. Or does, it, k-man?
Old March 9, 2002, 18:13   #238
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Gibsie
Eh, well, at least it's not the fastest means available.
Old March 9, 2002, 18:22   #239
Kassiopeia
Emperor

But I must defend my actions on the facts that by that time, I desperately sought to contact her. I had no chance of doing it the old-fashioned way; nor do I have her phone number.
If there's no response this weekend, that is, Sunday, I must rely to the face-to-face method, as difficult as that may be.
Old March 9, 2002, 18:44   #240
Ishtar
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Gibsie
Sure it does...maybe not every time...but...on occasion...