Old January 11, 2001, 04:41   #1
Crusader16
Settler

Local Time: 00:40
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Tourism in Civ III
One good idea to Civ III, could be the introduction to Tourism. I think it could be like Trade, Tax, Science, Food (related). You have some amount of Tourism in each city, that some improvements and wonders could increase (like Piramids, that have tourism effect in the city). This tourism give you trade to the city and it trade gives money and science. Also the tourism could increase other values in the city.
With roads the tourism increse, and the location, like a cities with a beach. Also the older cities could have more tourism, than the other ones.
Another point, is that some wonders or improvements, have different effects between the epochs. (nobody wants to visit the Great Wall, at ancient times).
The Tourism is a large topic and a important thing, this is only a suggerence.
Thanks.
Old January 11, 2001, 14:27   #2
bagdar
Warlord

Local Time: 02:40
It might be too late for us to come up with these suggestions since the civIII website announces that firaxis does have a playable version already... But I think the tourism idea is great, and could come in the modern times, along with the aeroports, and act like trade.
Old January 11, 2001, 22:17   #3
New Yorker
Chieftain

tourism is important 2 me at least & could turn useless expired wonders into economic powerhouses by gettin' all the tourists. Wonder should only get tourists when their time is up
as for other ideas on increasing tourists, right but maybe this should be included not in this civ game but maybe the next, if there is a next 1......

---------------------------------------
if u smell the roses, sooner or later u will inhale a bee
Old January 12, 2001, 04:39   #4
Crusader16
Settler

i thought that many people thought before in tourism in civ iii. I wish that this could be in that version. The tourism give their important to the cities, and also is a huge topic to think about.
Don't forget the seaports, monuments, marketplaces and a good economy of the city that also bring tourist. Be also could be situations when the tourism began to low. Like countries in war, pollution, crime, weather, cities very far away, not appropiate road conection. There are many things to talk about.