Old March 7, 2002, 01:40   #1
curlyboy24
Chieftain

Local Time: 13:25
Local Date: October 31, 2010
World War III, Chapter I
NOTE: This game was played on a large world map with all 16 civs

They closed in all around us, the smell of smoke choked us, the noise of gunfire made hearing almost impossible. The men, my friends, next to me, fell, as bullets pierced their skin, the blood covered ground made me sick, but still they pressed forward. The enemy is overpowering us, we number to little, we did not expect such an attack. Over the horizon, a single flag waved in the evening breeze, a white flag, with a silly dot in the middle, but that silly red dot, would mark the end to me and my men. One final gunshot and it was just me left, tanks rolled over the hill in front of me, I hid underneath some boards, soldiers began to search the ground for mines and men that may be still alive, I picked up my AK47, crept a little out from my hiding spot, I saw a group of them, smoking, not aware that I was there, I let out a spray of fire, I don’t know how many I took down, but their cries were numerous, then I ran, I ran for my life, I ran to warn the General, we were at war, and the worst part was, we didn’t know it yet.
------Lincoln stormed into the oval office, the General looked truly frightened, the National Security Advisor was busy pouring over papers. Lincoln slammed his fist on the desk, the NSA looked up, “well what happened!” Lincoln said. The General then spoke up,” They caught us by surprise sir, they massacred our men, one lone man survived, he managed to drive off the army and hold the city, we are sending men over there now, two battalions are on the way as we speak sir.” The Foreign Advisor stepped in the room,” Great news sir! We have a Mutual Protection Pact with Egypt and they have agreed to assist us in the fight against Japan, and they have promised support from their allies.” This is great new, Lincoln said. The General stood,” sir, with your permission I would like to get this country battle ready.” “Yes General, understood, get to work, I do not reward failure, they will pay for this, or you will.”
------Apparently the Egyptians had many friends, all the nations in the world organized against Japan, all except the Iroquois, and the Chinese. We have sent troops from our colonies in Europe, they will arrive shortly.
------The first group of Modern Armor has arrived, the Japanese troops have mobilized, we are told that we will attack their left flank today. Since, me being a higher ranking officer, I had access to top secret files, the Japanese apparently have a couple Modern Armors, about a dozen in fact, the troops do not know this, the psychologists thought it best not to scare them before they go into battle. The first Japanese troops poured over the hill into the valley, I think we fired the first shot, or maybe they did, no matter, the bloodbath began. Our artillery took out improvements on their side and ours, in case they got past us, it will take them longer to get to our base. I was in the fort to the north, the workers worked extremely hard to build the two forts, we applauded them. Machine gun fired erupted from the southern fort, the Japanese were in firing range, they were coming from the southwest, we wouldn’t have to take on the full assault. A large explosion ripped through a wall of the south fort, a bloodied corpse flew out after it, now gun fire came from the fort for a few seconds, the men got back up, and the fight continued. The Japanese next sent in their Mech Infantry, they tore through our Marines, two divisions were lost, then heavy artillery fire came from the their side, we watched as the bombs descended upon the southern fort, a large fireball erupted, and all our men were lost. The Japanese then advanced quickly, for they had regained their confidence. They were going to spring upon us quickly, so as to catch us off guard, as day turned into night, we saw the glow of red hot bullets wiz past us.
------Every now and then a bullet would strike one of our men, but for the most part, none of us gained any ground. Then, all in unison, the Japanese artillery bombed us all along the line, half of my regiment was decimated, the Japanese advance quickly, it seemed like hundreds of men poured over into our trench, I guess they did not figure that our trenches might not be all connected, for they were confused, and they did not see the fort we had hidden within the bushes, our machine guns found all their targets, the whole Japanese line fell, almost as if someone had pushed them all over, like dominoes, one by one. Our cheers were drowned out by the sound of something overhead, we looked up, and saw Bombers, hundreds of them, fresh from America, the bombs that fell made the sky dark, like a very thick rain, all was silent as the Japanese army realized their inevitable fate, then they hit, like a thousand earthquakes they hit, body’s were tossed around like puppets, tanks we turned into twisted pile of metal, and the artillery, filled with bombs, exploded in huge fireballs of doom. We stood up and cheered, a few Japanese infantry remained alive, they fired upon us, their patriotism got them killed. We stood, hoisted our guns in the air, an American flag was brought out and placed atop the battlefield, we have conquered our enemy’s, we overcame and triumphed.
...MORE SOON!...

Last edited by curlyboy24; March 7, 2002 at 21:01.
Old March 7, 2002, 06:24   #2
steelehc
Prince

Local Time: 12:25
This is good. I like it.

One suggestion: Use paragraph breaks. It helps smooth out the story, and helps make it flow better.

Steele
Old March 7, 2002, 19:17   #3
dnassman
Warlord

Local Time: 07:25
Local Date: November 1, 2010
There has got to be some more. Looking forward to it
Old March 7, 2002, 21:55   #4
curlyboy24
Chieftain

Continued...
We spent the night guarding the fort, we could not advance until our reinforcements arrived. Tomorrow, or the next day, the fight would continue. All was silent, the men played their cards, wrote their letters, and prayed. We each took turns looking out, it was my turn next. The night was cold and bitter, a thin layer of fog was approaching from the south, this would hamper my vision. I was wary to everything, a cricket now and then, a frog, the wind against the leaves, everything made me alert, so I was glad when I was relieved of my duties. I went to sleep, although most men had trouble sleeping in war, I was an exception, I dozed off, dreaming of the streets of L.A., the clubs, my family, and my wife.
>>>>I woke up to shouts and gunfire, it seems the Japanese have not given up, they attacked our right flank, the gunfire grew more intense. I quickly got dressed, I grabbed three extra ammo clips, foolishly I forgot my handgun, it was to late now, I had to join the fight. I ran out of my tent to the smoky fort. It looked nothing like it did in the morning, holes were everywhere, and fires stood where most of the tents used to be. I ran to join the fight, but there was something wrong, we were fighting in the north, but how can this be? The Japanese or to the west of us, its impossible for them to go all the way around to the north without us catching them! I joined the fight, with this question still puzzling me, then the answer came, it came hard, it came in the form of an army, a whole new army, thousands it seemed, they came hard and fast, there was no stopping them, they hoisted their flags high, the flag was blood red, with a large star in the upper left corner, with four smaller stars next to it, I pictured it as us being the small stars and them being the giant one, about to crush us, it seemed the China had allied with the Japanese! The Chinese army pushed forward, I was all kinds of units, Modern Armor, Mech Infantry, and Marines. They pushed forward through us, they cut us deep, the center line was destroyed with in minutes, with that happening, we lost contact with our other group, we scattered around, getting picked off as we ran, we radioed for air support, the navy was not responding, aboard the Carrier California, they had their own problems…
>>>>Sir, we have a request for air support on the front lines. The Commander responded,” Get them ready them, I want four F-15’s, alert the flight deck.” Yes sir! The flight officer responded. He picked up the phone when he heard a large explosion. The Battleship Atlanta erupted into a fireball, it sank fast, taking 2500 men with it. Then another explosion, and sub ship, the Aegis Cruiser sank, we were under attack. The alarm cried out, men mounted the machine guns. The Japanese fleet was massive, they spotted five battleships, three ironclads, and a destroyer. We fired round after round into the steel monsters, doing little damage. More of our ships were lost until it was just us. The California took heavy damage, we scrambled our F-15’s, who bombed a couple of their ships, doing little damage, but with our help, we managed to sink one. They closed in on us, a large explosion in munitions storage signaled the end, we sank quickly, hundreds jumped overboard, most dieing on impact, the others were pulled in as the California sank to its final resting spot, a mile below the Pacific.
>>>>Back at the Fort, the battle was intense, we fired everything we could at them, but without air support, the battle would be lost. I inserted my last clip, aimed, and fired, I got one in the legs, and another in a place were you never want to get hit. That one fell, the other limped away. How bold the Chinese were, he limped over behind a boulder, and resumed firing. The men fell all around me. I spotted a soldier moving, he was a perfect shot, I aimed, and fired, nothing but a click, I was out of bullets. I reached down for my handgun, but it wasn’t there, of course, I had left it back at the tent. The Chinese army was only a few yards away, from somewhere behind me, a horn sounded our retreat. We crawled out of our hiding spots and ran, all around me men fell, some threw their guns down and surrendered only to meet the Chinese bullets, surrender was not an option, we would either escape or die. We ran and we ran, it felt like we had been running forever, the Chinese army needed to regroup which slow them down considerably, we finally made it to safety at the city of Lincoln, named so after we took it from the Zulu, to honor our President. The forces in Lincoln, were pathetic, one Modern Armor, and two Marines, an Airstrip was being constructed in order to bring in more troops, but we didn’t think it would be completed in time. We desperately wanted to leave, to go home, and to have this war end. Too many of my friends have died in this bloody battle for it to continue. For every man that died, hundred were affected, his family, his friends, his boss, his teacher, many would mourn when the news hit them. The Commanding officer in Lincoln said that he had strict orders to hold this city, that it was vital to the war. We then informed him that the Chinese have launched a massive offensive, and are regrouping, and would come down upon us like hornets. Then hearing this news, he left for his office to phone Washington, all we could do was fortify and wait. We grabbed all we could, the troops there looked at us curiously, if they only knew what was about to come upon them, if they only knew what was heading our way, if only.
>>>>The air grew chilly as the sun sank below the mountains, all was quiet, except, in the distance, a faint noise which was growing ever closer, the noise of death, growing ever louder and louder. We prepared for an intense battle, the few who knew what was coming got ready right away, the others, still smoking and drinking their coffee, just sat around and talked. The ground began to shake, then all in unison it stopped, the night was dead, all was quiet, then a bright light came from the ground, it went high into the air, it descended slowly at first, but picked up speed as it went, it landed with a powerful explosion following it, wiping out our precious road, few were injured, but this got the troops up and ready. They Chinese came hard, all they knew of was victory, they pounded us again and again, we lost more and more units until there was only a few of us left. We continually radioed for air support, but we just got static. We were doomed it seemed, at least we would die for the cause, what cause was this? I guess we’ll never know.
>>>>The radio distress signals sent, went into the air, bounced off a satellite, then crashed down in the middle of the Pacific, were the Carrier Missouri accepted this gift. Sir! The Radio Officer said. The Commander looked up from his work,” What is it this time?” We have received a distress call from the town of Lincoln! It seems its under attack! What! The Commander replied. Send out a squadron of F-15’s immediately, alert the flight deck, sound the alarm, alert the engine room, full speed ahead.
>>>>Down on the flight deck things were hectic indeed, they were in the middle of the 11th annual Officers Luau. As the jets were being fueled, three levels below deck, F-15 pilot James Hartman was awaken by the alarm. James was instantly alert, waiting for some action, like most, he had not experienced much combat and was eager to kill, and after all he had been trained as a killing machine. He quickly got into his clothes and ran up to the flight deck, he grabbed his helmet, thanked the Flight Crew and hopped in. Although he liked his old fighter, the EF-111A, he liked the response time better on his F-15. He flipped a switch and the board lit up like Christmas lights. He then continued with the systems check, EMC, Formation Lights, Radar, Gear, Arrester hook, he hoped that would work, or else he wouldn’t be able to land again, all systems were go. He then pulled back the throttle letting the Pratt and Whitney TF30 turbofans kick in, he crept slowly forward then he let it go, he took off into the air followed by three other jets, at a rate of 30,000 ft per minute, he would have no trouble getting away from enemy SAM’s. He smiled, knowing that anyone who attempted to attack him would not survive, he looked left, where clipped to the wing were two AIM-9L Sidewinder missiles, effective for short-range combat, and right next to that, he had a AIM-7 Sparrow, which is highly effective at long range, but he had to lock on the target which would make him vulnerable to enemy’s. Below, on the belly of the plane, he had four AIM-54C Phoenix missiles. These air to air missiles are effective to a distance of 92 miles. He sat back waiting for his orders, James felt safest in his plane, the radio remained silent, as he waited, he thought of his family back home, what were they doing right now?
>>>>The Chinese artillery destroyed what was left of the wall, their Infantry was closing in, Private Carl Johnson peeked a look but quickly got down when a thousand bullets hit the wall in front of us. We had to get out of here. Just then the radio began to crackle, a voice, an American voice came out of it,” This is senior chief petty officer Bryant, we have acknowledged your request for air support and it is on the way. Where do you want us to strike? I picked up the radio and yelled into it,” Anywhere! Their all around us!!! Drop the bombs anywhere!” Roger that, he responded. We just had to wait now, as the Chinese were growing ever closer.
Old March 7, 2002, 22:40   #5
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 15:25
I like stories from the leader's POV better...

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old March 7, 2002, 22:43   #6
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

make it more of a direct continuation from crazy lincoln...

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old March 9, 2002, 17:27   #7
curlyboy24
Chieftain

-
Old March 9, 2002, 17:27   #8
curlyboy24
Chieftain

Continued...
James Hartman banked left as he had finally received his orders. He was a few miles away from his target, he flipped the red switch, which turned on his weapons, he pushed on the control stick and descended through the clouds. A green switch was flashing, signaling him to turn on his night vision and infrared. Computers had eliminated most of the manual work, heck, the plane could fly itself, but they still hadn’t figured out how to make it maneuver by itself. He descended to firing range, he could see the artillery pounding Lincoln, and this made James madder. He placed his finger over the button on the control stick, and squeezed, two Sidewinders were hurtled toward the Chinese forces damaging them badly, he flew over them and began to turn when a red light began to flash, the cockpit was flashing with red, an alarm sounded, and failure lights filled the board. His left engine erupted in flames, he had to stabilize, he began to descend more quickly, the planes systems shut on and off, the stick wasn’t responding, he went down, Private 1st Class, James Hartman died instantly on impact, the plane was obliterated into a million pieces.
-------I looked up briefly to see one of our planes plummet into the ground, a fireball followed the impact, I felt sorry for the pilot. He had done his job though, the Chinese forces withdrew due to immense damage to their troops, and we waged a small but affective offensive, taking out two of their tanks. We suffered only one loss from the attack. The eerie silence of the battlefield made that hairs stand up on my back, our remaining artillery continued to bomb them, but only to scare them off, we have been told that the airport is just about finished, this will bring in a steady stream of soldiers to us, and maybe we can go home, maybe we won’t have to fight anymore, I can see my family, my friends, maybe this war will end.
-------The General walked into the Pentagon briefing room, his top advisors were already present, he sat down and began,” With the help of our allies, the Japanese are all but defeated, they have one more city left which is contained on an island about 10 miles from the main land. We have taken two of their cities and are attempting to establish bases there.” One of his advisors spoke up,” Sir, it would be wise to end this war now, the people are beginning to revolt sir, our Government could be overthrown.” “Yes, you are absolutely right, I have already addressed this issue with the President, he has agreed.”
-------On a road somewhere in Europe, an American ambassador drove through the countryside in his older Mercedes Limousine. The road was bumpy, not like the roads in America. The ambassador’s motorcade consisted of five MP on motorcycles, and two Land Rovers, one in front, one in back. They were headed for the Chinese capital to discuss peace. The American ambassador sipped his coffee and looked over his notes, he looked out the window, it was beginning to rain, “Oh great” he thought. He layed back in his seat hoping to catch some much needed sleep.
-------Chin Lang. was waiting on the other side of town on his motorcycle, which mimicked the ones guarding the ambassador. They were right on time, at exactly 2:31, he would make his move. The time went by, they were right on schedule, and they drove past with one motorcycle trailing as the rear guard. Chin revved the engine on his BMW motorcycle and took off, he pulled out his silenced pistol, aimed, and fired. The MP went down and slid for about a hundred feet before resting in a pile of trashcans, his bike hit a car. Chin picked up his speed until he caught up with the motorcade. He drove past the first Land Rover, they payed no attention to him, then he revved up more and went to the front of the pack, he now had the lead, he lead them into an alley and slowed down, he looked up and saw that the trap had been set, his men waiting atop the buildings aiming their weapons at the motorcade. Chin then sped up and away from the pack, the two ends of the alley were blocked by trucks and they couldn’t get out. He gave his men the signal and they fired on the motorcade. The bulletproof cars could handle a little beating but not this much, the intense fire began to wear down the cars armor. The MP’s piled out of the car only to be mowed down by machine gun fire. The first Land Rover suddenly exploded and bodies went flying. The ambassador rolled out of the car right as the back end erupted into a fireball. He crawled on the ground, bullets whizzed past him. He jumped into the second Land Rover and stepped on the gas, he drove for a few feet before a hail of bullets stopped his escape. The Land Rover exploded turning into a pile of metal, everyone was dead. China ordered the bodies to be put on a ship and sent back to America with a note attached to them,” This is what we think of your peace plan.”
-------Lincoln was outraged after reading the note, he demanded immediate action. Lincoln stormed into the Pentagon,” I want to see the General, NOW!!!” The General walked in, Lincoln, standing a full foot and a half taller than him looked even more frightening, he looked the General right in the eyes,” Have you seen this! This is an outrage! And I want you General, to alert our missile bases, I want all ICBM’s on full alert, ready to launch within five minutes, understood!” The General was shocked,” But sir! The use of nukes will never be accepted by the other nations, they will turn against us!” Lincoln just looked at him,” I want you on this right away General” then he left.
-------On the outskirts of Buffalo, in the arid desert, a small fenced off area was becoming very busy. Private Jake Artmin stood took a seat in the briefing room just as the base Commander began,” Well men, as you know, we have a situation, we all know about the war over in Europe, it seems that the Chinese are not willing to surrender, it seems that they will not negotiate. So, I have been informed that we are to go on full alert, all ICBM’s will be ready for launch within five minutes, understood?” The soldiers began to murmur amongst themselves, the Commander raised his hand for silence,” I want all men to be on full alert, sabotage is expected during wars, and we can’t let that happen!”
-------The scene in Lincoln was sad indeed, the fort had been reduced to rubble and the walls were all but non existent. Fires burned and smoke filled our lungs, its hard to believe some of us survived this. I looked over as the workers were just laying the last bit of cement for the runway, I am told that fresh troops will arrive first thing in the morning, we just had to hold out for one more night. We were running low on ammo, food, and water. All of us stood guard, only five more hours until the first set of troops were expected to arrive. Already a group of F-117A Stealth Fighters have arrived, and more were expected. Another hour passed, on the northwestern side of the city, a soldier yelled, then his cry’s were cut short by a massive explosion, the alarm rang out, we were to fight again. The Chinese artillery fired again and again, we were suffering minor losses but at this rate we would only last another hour, I put in the call for an air strike, we would not let them defeat us so easily, all we could do was sit and wait, ducking every now and then as a bomb fell near us.
Old March 11, 2002, 01:39   #9
curlyboy24
Chieftain

Continued...
-------I watched as the first planes two F404 turbo fan engines powered up, it inched forward then took off into the night, its black skin made it invisible to the trained eye. We watched as it dropped a dozen MK44 bombs onto the Chinese, the night sky lit up as they hit, illuminating our enemy for a few seconds. As the last of our planes landed we launched our offensive. We jumped over the wall firing at the confused Chinese troops, I fired again and again until I was out of ammo, then I reloaded and did it again, hundreds fell it seemed, we pushed them so far back we came upon one of their cities, a small city with only about 20,000 people. They fortified themselves hoping to gain extra protection, but it did them no good, our forces, fresh with rage, burned the city to the ground. Seeing no reason to go further, we decided to stay the night, still alert, we slept.
-------Back at the White House the Foreign Advisor burst into the Oval Office, President Lincoln was startled. Mr. Foreign Advisor, how nice to see you, Lincoln said. Nice to see you too, he said. Let’s get down to business, I am happy to inform you that the Chinese have agreed to peace. But there is also some bad news, the Egyptians have demanded gold from us, we refused and they walked away, but they might be back. Thank you, Lincoln said. The Advisor left the office and Lincoln reached for the phone.
-------The General leaned back in his chair, he was ready to go home after a tiring day. The red phone rang, he waited a while before finally picking it up.
PRESIDENT: General, we have a situation.
GENERAL: What is it sir?
PRESIDENT: The Egyptians have become aggressive towards us, I want you to organize a spying mission on them, do whatever it takes General, we want to avoid war, but also to preserve Democracy.
-------Somewhere in the Gulf of Mexico, the Enterprise Class Carrier California’s engines roared to life, the 6,000 people aboard were alive. The Pentagon had ordered them to rebase just off the coast of Egypt, the F-15’s were to do recon missions to scout the enemy positions, everybody was alert, war seemed to be coming, it was their job to find a way to prevent it.
-------The Bases in South America were on full alert, the air was alive with planes flying in and out, ferrying in fresh troops. The American army consisted of over 400 units, with half of them being Modern Armor, hundreds of troops moved in one day.
-------The Carrier California finally came to rest about 50 from the Egyptian border, the deck crew was busy clearing the deck, the first F-15 took off into the night sky, the scouted area was over 100 square miles, the pictures were then brought back and sent directly to the Pentagon where they were then Directed to the White House, Lincoln and his Advisors all stared at the pictures, all of them with their mouths open. Just outside most of our South American cities, Egyptian troops were stationed, it seemed the Egyptians were planning a massive attack soon. The Foreign Advisor, with many objections from the General, thought it best to leave them alone.
-------The City of St. Petersburg was just waking up, children stood on the street corners, waiting for the bus, business men and women hurried along, all trying to get to work on time. The American flag flew proudly over the once Russian city, the people here were happy, they lived in the city which symbolized the American Army’s power, for it was one of the first city taken by the American’s, hundreds of years earlier. A sudden explosion shook the city, the Granary which held our valuable food supplies exploded in a huge fireball, pieces came crashing down on the citizens, hundreds were killed or injured. Johnny T was walking to school when the sound of ambulances pierced the morning air, he was intrigued by this, he always wanted to become a paramedic. Johnny was about two blocks away from the American School for Boys when a soldier, whom he didn’t recognize, crashed through the gates, he adorned yellow fatigues, and was shouting at him. Johnny, not realizing what was happening ran to the school, he looked out the second story window at the happenings below, he was looking at a change in history, an event that would be written down in books forever, the start of World War III.
Old March 11, 2002, 02:52   #10
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

That was superb!

I reckon that it could be continued tho, so I look foward to seeing more of your work

I think I may just be inspired to write one of me own stories on a recent game I just played in, me being China
Old March 11, 2002, 03:01   #11
curlyboy24
Chieftain

Continued...
-------Having been rebased in St. Petersburg, I was happy to get away from the fighting in Europe, here I had a warm bed, coffee every morning, and I was away from all the fighting. I was awoken this morning to the sound of an explosion, the barracks was immediately alive. I grabbed my assault rifle, and my hand gun, and a handful of grenades. The first men who walked out the door were mowed down by machine gun fire, I stood back against the wall right as the front door blew open. I threw a grenade out the door, and judging by the cry, I think I got one. The first Egyptian Marine ran inside, luckily he didn’t’ see me, I took him out, making extra careful he was dead. I reloaded my gun and ran out the door. The scene I saw was horrible, the whole city was in flames, people were running and screaming in the streets, and children were croutched in the corners. I saw a couple run and take shelter in a minivan, right as they jumped in it was turned into a twisted fiery pile of metal as a bomb hit its target. With my fresh new anger, I ran into the streets, firing my machine crazily, I don’t think I hit any of the enemies but I shot anyway. I looked up at the sky, a huge rocket, one that I’ve never seen before was coming down on me, it grew bigger and bigger as it grew closer, I jumped into a Honda Civic S2000, I started the 2.0L I-DOHC VTEC engine, stepped on the clutch, and put it into first, second, third, this car hauled, from zero to sixty in 6 seconds, I had gone a quarter of a mile in 14 seconds, in my rear view mirror I was the bomb hit, but it was like no other explosion I had seen before, a great could erupted from the impact forming up into a mushroom, everything was decimated, all life stopped, but the blast wasn’t restricted, it followed me out of the city, growing ever closer was a giant wave of heat that would surely kill me, I redlined at 9000 rpm’s and I began to swerve, the Honda had excellent handling, but if I kept up like this I would crash, when I saw that the wave behind me was gone, I stepped on the clutch and brake pedals, immediately the 4 wheel disc brakes kicked in slowing me down almost instantly. I hopped out of the car and looked around, the city had been reduced to nothing more than rubble, but it was still a city, the Egyptians took it over, the Egyptian flag flew high over the city, all was lost it seemed. I roamed through the desert dodging Egyptian patrols, when I saw a hint of blue, I could be imagining it, the heat was getting to me, then I saw the American flag, a small outpost of Marines was there by the sea shore. I ran to them, tripping as I went, then all went black.
-------President Lincoln stood before the UN council, the meeting had been organized quickly, and many were angry at having to attend, Lincoln had the floor.
-LINCOLN: I am glad to see that we could all make it here today, I have called this emergency meeting because of a recent incident that happened yesterday on American soil. As you well know, we are at war with the Egyptians, but they have taken war to a whole new level!
-EGYPT: This is an outrage! This is war Lincoln, not a cocktail party!
-LINCOLN: Do you call the deaths of innocent people war, because if you do, then you are truly sick!
-EGYPT: You know nothing of war Lincoln! Your so-called Democracy pollutes the planet, why have a President if the people run the Government anyways?
-LINCOLN: We are not here to discuss Governments, we are here to discuss the Egyptians use of nuclear weapons against the people of earth. They have polluted the earth we all live on, and killed thousands of innocent citizens, over 500,000 people were killed and counting, it will take years to clean up that mess, and already we are dealing with the increasing problem of global warming, are we not.
-ENGLAND: I completely agree with the United States, the use of nukes is completely unacceptable, if these attacks continue, we will have no choice but to assist the U.S., not just for them, but to save the world.
-ROME: I second that, do not do this again, or their will be hell to pay.
-INDIA: Although we have used Nuclear weapons in the past, we have learned from our mistakes, we will assist any nation who is attacked by weapons of mass destruction.
-LINCOLN: So its settled than, its all up to you now Egypt, we will see tomorrow what you think of this proposal, our troops will stand ready for your attacks if you are foolish enough to proceed, just so you know, you will be the one nation held responsible for starting World War III.
Old March 11, 2002, 03:47   #12
Sheep
DiplomacyNever Ending StoriesNationStatesCivilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Human HiveApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolyton University
King

Its just gettin better. Hell it was unrealistic of that guy outrunning the nuke blast, but you must love the Civics.

KILL THE EGYPTIANS, KILL THEM ALL!!!!1

cleopatra
Old March 11, 2002, 23:39   #13
curlyboy24
Chieftain

Ya i guess it was kinda unrealistic, but in this game the nukes aren't very powerful, so in a way, its kinda realistic, lol.
P.S. There is no such thing as a Civic S2000, its just the S2000, it was going to be a suped up civic but then i changed it, i just forgot to take the civic part out, oh well!
Old March 13, 2002, 02:33   #14
curlyboy24
Chieftain

Continued...
-------The next day, the skies were slightly darkened by the pollution, the people below had gotten use to this toxic cloud that hovered above them daily. The streets were alive, the city of Moscow was just waking up. People were making coffee, watching the news, and commuting to work. Moscow, with a population of over 500,000 was a bustling metropolis. Every day, stocks were traded, deals were made, and people became rich, that would all end. The citizens looked up into the sky, piercing through the toxic cloud was a giant rocket, a missile in fact, it came closer and closer. The United States Government, wanting to reassure the good people of America that they would be safe from a nuclear attack, had advised them to hide under their desks, and stand in doorways, by doing these, they would have a better chance of surviving the blast, of course nobody would remain alive to tell the others that this didn’t work so it didn’t matter really. The nuke hit with the force of a thousand earthquakes, in seconds the city was reduced to rubble, a few surviving mutants remained, their lives scarred forever, cancer would kick in and they would succumb to death. All life in the area was gone, a once thriving metropolis only seconds before had been reduced to nothing more than a pile of rubble, this city would mark the start of the biggest war the world had ever known, as the leaders piled into the UN meeting room, they all knew what was going to happen, war was imminent, and they could do nothing to stop it.
-------Lincoln was outraged, his anger had gone beyond anything before, it was rage, he called in all his advisors and started giving out orders, he was to meet with the UN tonight, the Egyptians would pay for this.
-------Tensions were high once again at the UN, guards surrounded the building, and tanks patrolled the streets below, New York had been turned into one giant military zone, although it was thousands of miles from the front line, the threat of another nuke attack put everyone on the highest alert, Lincoln cleared his throat and the meeting began.
LINCOLN: As you can see, the Egyptians have not honored our requests, they have once again used weapons of mass destruction!
EGYPT: Now just you wait a minute there, your troops were threatening to attack, our, umm, city’s, ya, so we had to make sure you wouldn’t.
LINCOLN: Wow, that’s the biggest bunch of crap I’ve ever heard, take off your makeup, can’t you see, your screwed!
GERMANY: Now now, lets be nice here, Egypt, it was wrong of you to use nukes in this world, you will pay dearly for that, although I have not pledged to punish you, I’m sure others will.
INDIA: They have threatened world peace for the last time, they will pay dearly for this, Egypt will be no more, we will assist the United States in their fight!
ROME: We also pledge to do all we can to help in the war, Egypt has pushed too far!
ENGLAND: You will pay dearly for hurting my friend Lincoln, you will pay Cleopatra, you will pay!
LINCOLN: There you have it, when we finally defeat you, we will lock you up, and continually feed you, until you become as fat as a constipated whale!
EGYPT: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-------The meeting adjourned with smiles and handshakes, Cleo sat in the corner with her head on her knees rocking back and fourth, she cried and cried, she didn’t want to be fat, meanwhile back in America, Lincoln’s plans were just beginning.
-------All of South America was alive, America’s bases had been advised to be on full alert, all seven of the cities were receiving more and more troops as the war was just about to get really bad. Modern Armor flowed in from the north, production went from refrigerators to missiles, Americans were wary of the draft, everyone was angry with the Egyptians, but nobody was willing to die for Democracy, so new tanks were ordered to be built. Every two days, more tanks would pour out of the factories, arriving to fuel the American offensive.
-------I was to lead the first attack, the first of three attacks, that were designed to take over three of their cities, to catch them off guard was vital. We left our base and began to cross through the dense rain forests. My group of men were all veterans, four Modern Armors, and two Marines, obviously the army wasn’t taking any chances. The units that were assigned to me had never experienced combat, I could tell by how anxious they were to fight, to die. All of them came straight from the big cities, New York, Washington, Philadelphia, Boston, none of them could have been prepared for war, this would be an interesting fight indeed. We approached one of their cities, without artillery or air support this would be tougher than usual. On the outskirts, a few Egyptian workers were trying frantically to build a road, we put them in chains and sent them to a labor camp not too far away. Scouts have reported that the city here is moderately fortified, nothing we couldn’t handle supposedly, we would find out soon. The first of my Modern Armors tried to enter the city, a Modern Armor of their own came out of nowhere and the battle begun, we had the upper hand until the gunner was killed, our tank was a sitting duck, the explosion gave the men a taste of real war, where people die, and when you die, you don’t ever come back. After that, my men turned into wimpy city boys, one finally got up the courage to go in, a Marine, America’s finest, he crept along the swampy ground, quietly, he made his way forward, after it seemed like forever, we heard the first pound of a cannon, his machine gun fired back, then more cannon fire, and more machine gun fire. This went on for about a minute, then the last thing we heard was the thunder of a cannon, then all was silent, I didn’t have to tell my boys what happened, I would have to go in myself, obviously they would be to afraid to, but this was not an option, if I died, my leaderless group would be lost, and surely die.
-------I knew that when I got back I would get a stern lecture, this was vital to our plan, capture three cities in one day, now we could only hope to capture two, we decided to rest for the night, the newbies would stay on guard while I slept, that was the first time I couldn’t go to sleep.
-------About 50 miles south of us, a battle was about to begin, these men were more experienced, part of the elite division, for this city was truly vital to Lincoln’s plan. Captain Paul Antin was to lead the attack. His battalion consisted of five Modern Armors, the first tank rolled into the Egyptian territory unscathed, it was extremely quite, to quite. Out of the bushes an Egyptian tank fired its cannon, the 120mm gun ripped through the armor. Our tank though badly damaged, managed to maneuver to attack this enemy. The head swiveled to the right, the 120mm cannon fired a shot crippling the Egyptian tank, in a few more shots it exploded, leaving nothing more than pieces of metal scattered over the forest floor. Our tanks then moved in closer, a Marine, one of Egyptians finest ran out of the city to investigate, one of our men climbed to the top of the tank and loaded the machine gun, the marine stood no chance, his body just exploded, he felt no pain though. Paul’s division entered the city, nobody seemed to be about, when down, out of the sky, a warrior dropped down upon us, he was running around frantically, screaming and yelling at us, he did some kind of dance, we watched this in amusement for a while, then Paul took out his 9mm, aimed, and the dancing stopped, his troops groaned, as they rather enjoyed the entertainment, but they moved on, the city was deserted, it belonged to us now, a few workers were captured here and there, the unruly citizens were gathered up in carts and taken into the jungle where they would be used as target practice, America, known in this world as being civilized, was just as barbaric as the barbarians.
-------Everyone stood, the five starts told his stories, and he had seen it all, the General of the Armed Forces of the United States of America walked into the Pentagon Command Room. The room sucked up more electricity than the state of Maine, flat screen televisions adorned the walls, lights flashed everywhere, blinking, going on, then off for a few minutes, radios were scattered over desks, and a giant map lay in the center of the room. The General was amazed at how technology had come along, with his new digital map, he could zoom in on areas, no exactly where his troops were, and sometimes exactly where the enemy troops were. He looked at the map, pressed an area of South America, and immediately it zoomed in, showing the Egyptian territory and his troops, right outside the border. He placed his finger on a label that said Cruise Missile and immediately stats about this missile were brought up. In this area he had five Cruise Missiles ready for launch at his command. People respected the General, the man who took out two Civilizations, suffering less than 15 losses, that was truly amazing, the man who took out the Greeks, doubling the United States territory, yes, he was respected on high, nobody ever questioned him. So when he clicked on the flashing red dot on the map, nobody said a word.
-------Outside one of the Egyptian city’s, a small band of American troops were stationed. They all were tired and sick, the jungle was wearing them down quickly, and the General knew that. They all looked as all of a sudden, one of the Cruise Missiles took of into the sky. At 550 mph, they quickly lost sight of it, with a range of 1,100 miles, it could be going anywhere, and everyone had puzzled looks on their faces. The missile flew high into the air, then as if it had hit a wall, it dropped, straight down, gaining on the earth as it went. The view at first was clouds, then squares, then you could make out streets and people, and buildings. The Cruise Missile, with its full weight of 3,500 pounds exploded in the heart of the city, causing immense damage. Four other similar explosions throughout the city followed this.
-------Back at the Pentagon, the General was getting handshakes and high fives from the military personnel. With this new technology, also came the ability to control the flight of missiles, although it costs more to place tiny camera’s on each missile, it was worth it, the General could control any missile from a whole Continent away. He liked to think of it as a computer game really. He got on the Satellite phone and phoned the base which was right outside that city, he watched on the screen as the troops surrounded the city, then like a noose, they choked the enemy inside, and when the General got back form getting his coffee, the city was now labeled blue, we had taken it. “Pretty good General”, the General looked up, Lincoln towered before him. Why thank you sir, he said. “I like it when we win General, it keeps the people happy, the voters happy.” Egypt is getting weaker and weaker sir, their navy has been reduced to practically nothing, and their army is, well, pathetic sir, they will hold us off, but not for much longer, in two weeks time, Cleopatra will be in chains.
Old March 13, 2002, 11:02   #15
Unspeakable Horror
Spanish Civers
Emperor

Local Time: 18:25
Quote:
Cleo sat in the corner with her head on her knees rocking back and fourth, she cried and cried, she didn’t want to be fat
Nice story!
The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!
Old March 14, 2002, 10:40   #16
dunk
Prince

Local Time: 17:25
I'll be a jerk again.

Sidewinders are air to air missles. They wouldn't be fired at armor.

Only officers fly combat aircraft. No Pvt.
Old March 14, 2002, 10:42   #17
dunk
Prince

Oh yes, I liked reading the story.

Are you thinking Wu-Tang Clan with Cleo's punishment there? "Ima sew your ***hole shut and just keep feedin ya and feedin ya."
Old March 14, 2002, 21:43   #18
curlyboy24
Chieftain

Thanks for that, I was waiting for someone to notice an error, lol, if ever join the army we're screwed, lol!
Old March 15, 2002, 00:58   #19
curlyboy24
Chieftain

Continued...
-------The Hopkins Class Destroyer waited in line at the Panama Canal, the series of locks took forever to get through, but saved them ten times as much time then going around the Horn. When they finally came out onto the Pacific Ocean it was full speed ahead. It joined up with a group of Battleships and Destroyers to guard two aircraft carriers, the Lincoln, and Washington. They were stopped just miles outside of the Egyptian territory. The Carrier Lincoln could stay out in this ocean forever with its four nuclear reactors. With its crew of 3,000, it was a strong show of force to the Egyptians. Right as the Destroyer pulled up a group of F-15’s flew off on a scouting mission. They returned 30 minutes later with the positions of all the enemy troops in the area. The Captain walked into the control room, maps were sprawled over the tables. Sir, we have some information you might want to know about! The Captain walked over to the map and leaned over it, on it were the positions of two Egyptian Battleships, only about ten miles away from our fleet. “All right men, all hands get to work! Scramble the F-15’s lets see how we do from there, alert the Pentagon, and get me some coffee!” The Captain watched as the F-15’s took off into the night sky, he looked down at the busy flight deck, he would lead his men to victory, he knew that these Carriers were vital to the Generals plans, he had to survive.
-------On the Egyptian destroyer, the alarm bell rang, the crew ran to their battlestations, full speed ahead someone yelled, man the forward guns! The crew tensed as the American battle group came in sight, the aimed the gun at the hull of the Destroyer, he leaned back in his chair, and fired.
-------Aboard the Destroyer was Chaos, men ran around the deck searching for weapons, some manned the main guns, while others grabbed machine guns. The destroyer had taken major damage, it was beginning to sink fast. We fired our guns at the Egyptian’s, they took little to no damage. One of there shots bounced across the deck, slicing through our men, another hit the radar tower, knocking out all communication, the last, the most critical, hit the weapons storage, the crew aboard the Carrier Washington watched as the Destroyer exploded, shredded pieces of metal flew everywhere, they ducked to avoid these missiles, they watch as some of the crew flew through the air, flames on their bodies, some floated in the water unrecognizable to others. The men aboard the Carrier manned the Guns, and boarded the F-15’s, they would be punished!
-------The lead F-15 approached the Egyptian Battleship, he leaned back on the control stick instantly bringing the plane up, weapon’s systems were on, he pressed the red button on the control stick releasing the bombs underneath the plane, he felt them leave instantly as the plane became lighter, he flew past the ship unscathed and watched as the bombs made a direct hit, a gaping hole was in the side of the ship, he flew back around and headed for the Lincoln, he released the landing gear and flipped a switch that let down the arrester hook. The approach was perfect, the landing could have been better though, he got out of the plane to the applause of the crew, we would kill the Egyptians!
-------Our Battleships moved in to surround the remaining Egyptian Battleship, they put up a small fight, but in the end, they lost, their men floated in the water aimlessly, they expected us to pick them up but we just left them, left them to the sharks, they got what they deserved for killing our men, more of them would die, this thought kept the men going, going till the end.
-------Egyptian flags flew high in the mob, apparently the people of Tlatelolco didn’t like American Democracy. Police fired rubber bullets and tear gas into the growing masses, pushing them back. A sniper team would be brought in later to take out the leading resisters, others would then become lost and confused and soon join our cause.
-------Buildings were on fire everywhere, shops were being looted, and the streets were filled with people, angry Egyptian people. Odessa was in a state of emergency, Greg Tami was happy when he found out that the newly taken city was his to Govern, after years struggling as a Politician, he had finally got his big break, his first orders as Governor were to declare martial law. American tanks rolled through the riots, killing all who stood in the way, the barbarous American side was showing once again, the media was not allowed to be anywhere near the city yet, due to “health hazards.” If the American people knew what really went on in the war, they wouldn’t have allowed it, they wouldn’t give the Government their hard earned money to fuel this carnage, so it had been kept a secret for hundreds of years.
-------Spokane was pathetically guarded, the American battle group assisted in the taking of this city, the bombings were relentless, day and night, till the city finally fell to American hands. Nobody resisted since most of the citizens had been killed there was nobody really left, it had been turned into a ghost town. After a few weeks, vegetation would dig its way up through the rubble to give life back to the city, where we could fill it with Americans from the overcrowding cities.
-------Abraham Lincoln sat down in his chair in the Oval Office. The view out the window was a little disturbing, armed guarded were at every fence post, and guard dogs patrolled the front lawn. Inside America’s finest guarded the hallways, and bomb sniffing dogs walked along the walls. For some reason, during a war, people liked to make bomb scares and what not, this was quickly getting less and less amusing. Lincoln looked down at the papers on his desk, in times of war, the Army had almost complete power, already over 20 tanks have been made in the past week, adding more to the arsenal. Although the Congress had not given the Army total control, this was getting out of hand. The General was pushing for all cities that are currently working on improvements to start building war machines. On the desk lay papers, in a neat pile, more bills that needed to be passed, he sighed, took out his pen he got from Disney Land, and began signing, approving some, not for others. Lincoln came upon the last paper, it was not a bill at all, it seemed like a flyer, it said important on the top so he decided to take a look. He bent down to look closer, and began to read….
12094*494*33749 THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA (IMPORTANT)
-------Citizens of America, are you tired of the leader you elected waging war against harmless countries! Are you tired of your hard earned tax dollars being thrown away into the Governments pocket, where they spend it on hookers, mansions, and elections! Well I’m tired, but there is a way out of all this! Communism! Yes that’s right, where your money isn’t poured into the Governments pockets! Wouldn’t you all like lower taxes! Under Democracy they said we had a voice in Government, but do they hear our cries! Hell no! Let the revolt begin I say! Lets live in a country where the Government doesn’t destroy its people, where the poor aren’t made poorer!
------Lincoln was outrages, Communists talk! A change in Government, that was unheard of!
Old March 15, 2002, 01:01   #20
curlyboy24
Chieftain

-

Last edited by curlyboy24; March 16, 2002 at 15:09.
Old March 15, 2002, 01:29   #21
curlyboy24
Chieftain

Continued...
-------He ordered a meeting with his top advisors immediately. At the long table, some of the most important people in the country were seated. All the Presidents advisors, and Military Commanders. He spoke softly, he didn’t want to get mad, his doctor was always worrying about his blood pressure. “Gentlemen” Lincoln said, “It has come to my attention that the citizens want a revolution, a revolution to Communism!” The room filled with talk instantly, Lincoln raised his hand,” It seems the war is going well on the front but here at home things aren’t going so well, the people are beginning to riot, already they have caused billions in damages, that’s more than the Egyptians have caused us!” The General stood,” Sir, if I may, the people thought these Egyptians would be a pushover! They do not know that war takes time and planning, we just can’t march right in and take everything over!” Lincoln was outraged,” How dare you insult the intelligence of the American people! I know what you’ve done to the Egyptians who resist, I know that you love war! I had a dream once, to take over the world, a dream where everyone lived under one leader, one Government, where we could enforce peace without someone else butting in! Yes I know that I favored war back then, but now General, its time we think about the people, our people General! And if you can’t seem to do that, than maybe you shouldn’t fight for them!” Nobody said a word, if only there were reporters present, if the people could hear this, Lincoln would surely be their heroes once again. The General stood opened mouthed, he looked down at the floor, than stormed out of the room, his aides following him. The Foreign Advisor stood, sir, should we try to make peace with the Egyptians, we have taken half of their city’s, and burned the other half, they exist no more in the Western Hemisphere, they exist only on an island called Australia, although a fairly large island, scouts have reported that they have but five city’s, and are surrounded by our allies who will surely crush them, already some of their city’s have been taken by the Romans. We have taken one of their cities over there, but it would be wise to end this bloodshed, we only have three Marines there guarding it sir. Lincoln rose to leave,” Yes, we must end this war, we have crushed the Egyptians, they will surely fall to their other enemies, we will fight no longer, call the General, tell our forces to fortify, and halt all Military construction, I want this country back to normal for once, how long that will last, time can only tell.”
-------All around the country things were getting back to normal, the American citizens were happy to visit the Egyptian Gardens, and the newly acquired Pyramids. People actually were so happy that the populations in some cities nearly doubled. Lincoln laughed as he looked over this report, another baby boom, he would also contribute to this tonight, so he was in an extra good mood. Mrs. Lincoln was shopping at Victoria Secret’s today so excitement was only proper. The American citizens loved him, and the Egyptian people grew to love him too. Although it would take years for the temples, and police stations that were destroyed during riots, to rebuild, he was generally happy. He went to his room and put the “special sheets” on his bed, got some champagne, and turned on the Jazz, a true ladies man, he smiled, sprayed on some cologne, and waited, America was at peace, and all was good.
Old March 16, 2002, 22:03   #22
curlyboy24
Chieftain

-------The General stormed into the Oval Office,”What is the meaning of this!” he said. Lincoln stood before the General,” How dare you yell at me! I am the President of the Unite States!” The General calmed down a bit,” Yes, ending war with the Egyptians, I was mad, but I have gotten over it, but halting all production, that’s absurd! Half of our army is now in South America, we have barely any reserves, what would we do if another country decided to attack us!” Lincoln sat back down in his chair,” I understand what you are saying General, I grant you permission to use seven of our cities for the production of military units.” “You have made a wise choice” the General said, then walked out.
-------The shores of Huntington Beach California were like a war zone. All reserve troops were to report here, two Aircraft Carriers were docked in the Harbor along with two fully loaded Nuclear Submarines, and a flee of other ships. Over 30 Modern Armors sat all along the beach, over the past couple days, tanks were pouring off the production lines costing America billions in lost wealth. The General surveyed the scene, his smile getting bigger and bigger, his father before him had defeated the Russians and the Aztecs with the sweep of his hand, and he would do the same.
-------President City was alive, the new city was founded just outside the Babylon border. The Americans from the North were more than happy to leave the crowded metropolises of New York, Washington, and other cities, for a quiet life in South America. With the construction of a temple to honor the Gods the people of the South worshiped, they were more than busy, to busy in fact to call up the Pentagon and inform them that they had no troops stationed there. The Babylonians also knew about this, somehow they had been informed that President City was there’s for the taking if they wanted it, without even a fight. So when the sun was just peeking over the mountains, on a cold and foggy morning, the Babylonian tanks rolled across the land. The first person to notice this ran to inform the others, something was happening, the Pentagon had sent troops for them! They were thrilled, they came out with their flags waving, they opened the Gates of the city and the red carpet was laid down. The Governor stood in front of the eager crowd, he looked at the tanks, then he took a second glance, these were not American tanks, the dark blue flag told all, the citizens ran back screaming but the tanks outran them, crushing some, and taking others prisoner. The Gates were not closed in times and the tanks rolled on through, they proclaimed the city now part of the Babylonian Empire, one distress signal made it out of there, a small boy who had just learned Morse code from his Secret Agent GI Joe kit managed to get the signal out using a radio and spoons.
-------This message was picked up at Radio Station One, inside the dense South American forest, which was then relayed directly to Washington, where it was sent to the Pentagon, where a tiring radio operator picked it up. “We have a situation sir!” the floor Overseer informed the General. “What is it.” “President City has been captured by the ruthless Babylonians! They have fortified their troops there, they plan to take back the land that was taken from them by the Egyptians.” An evil look overcame the General,” We will crush them!”
-------The American Modern Armor tore through the Babylon lines, in just a few minutes, President City was recaptured. The General had ordered a mass offensive, which called for the taking of many cities in one day. After a high measure of American casualties, the city of Ur also fell then Ellipi, and Akkad. One by one they fell to America, one by one, they all would.
-------Artillery shells blackened the sky over Nineveh, the Babylonians were fighting hard. American troops lay strewn across the battlefield, with no airsupport available, the artillery was slowly taking its toll. Lying in the trench, once again, I peeked my head up a couple times to see what was going on. Visions of the war in Europe flooded my thoughts, the death, and the carnage, the innocent men who all died for “the cause” and still I haven’t found out what that is. Dead men lay strewn around me, bullet shells littered the ground. The Glare of bombs lit up the sky. When it was quiet we got scared, it gave us time to think, and that was bad. I and a couple of other guys decided to see if we could take out the Artillery. America had relied on tanks for all wars, and we were the few remaining Marines left in the army, we still had about two tanks to fight with. We crept along the trench, crawling over bodies as we went the smell made some of us sick, I for one was used to it. One of the guys peeked his head over to see what was going on, a snipers bullet struck him in the head, the bullet made for piercing tanks easily penetrated his helmet, he was dead before he even saw what happened. We went along some more, body parts filled the trench, they say its better to shot then to get hit by artillery, and I’m beginning to believe them. Bullets flew over our heads, the sound of shells pierced the air, our group was slowly getting smaller and smaller as we went. I cradled my machine gun, it had saved my life more than once, even though it was not advanced as the other men’s I still used it, I thought of it as a good luck charm somewhat. It was my turn to peek over the trench, slowly I crept up the wall of dirt, I leaned my gun over first, which was smart I figured, so I could easily get a shot off before I died. When my head finally came over the top the scene was the least to say, horrific. Bodies lay strewn all across the battlefield, most didn’t even look like bodies anymore, then I looked up, and saw the worst thing imaginable, a huge line of Babylon tanks were rolling straight towards us, I got my gun ready and informed the other men, they all got ready as the tanks grew ever closer, closer and closer, we could smell the exhaust, and hear the men shouting, closer, closer…
Old March 17, 2002, 20:34   #23
curlyboy24
Chieftain

-------Inside the Pentagon phones were ringing like crazy, people were running back and forth, and computer screens flickered. The General was getting ready for his visit to the front lines. Although his advisers had advised him not to, he insisted on going, the troops need to know that we are doing everything we can also, that we’re not just sending them in to die. The Secret Service and men in the army would accompany him. The General waited as the driver opened his door, he had packed light, a few extra clothes, toiletries, and a raincoat, the American troops needed to know that they were fighting for something, and he was the man to tell them that.
--------------------------------
-------Nineveh was in ruins. All that was left of it was a small church that hardly anyone attended. The gates lay in tangles on the ground, and a lonely cross sat sideways in the courtyard, a few troops were gathered around the Chaplain, their prayers were the only hope they had now. My men and I gathered all the ammo we could, it lay all around us, the Babylonian tanks were only a few yards away now. Then the battle began, I don’t know who fired the shot, but after that shot was fired you couldn’t hear a thing over the bombs and machine gun fire. The tanks fired at us continually, over and over again, body parts went flying, we were getting torn up. Our machine guns did little to no damage to the advanced tanks. The wall of dirt in front of us offered little protection but it was all we had now. Then from behind us, the ground began to shake, tanks were coming in from behind us, small American flags flew atop them, we made room for them to go through, we cheered and cheered, and ran out from our holes, this is what we needed. In just a couple minutes, half of the Babylonians remained, they retreated but we followed, killing all who we caught. In the end they were all dead, and we had captured 3 of their artillery. Although the American army thought the use of Artillery was obsolete, we would use the parts for a memorial, our fallen soldiers would not be forgotten. After that, we just kept going more and more forward, until we hit the Iroquois border, we had wiped the Babylonians out of South America, although they had a few cities in the north and somewhere in the Philippines, I guess the people in Washington thought it wise to end this war because we were told we could go home now. I was more than happy to pack my bags and see my family, they missed me so much, their letters told all, I can’t wait to go home.
----------------------------
-------I arrived at station 11, I was to take the E train directly to Boston, then to New York. I fumbled in my pocket for the my ticket, I was really nervous, I really wanted to go home, the line for the train went slowly, apparently everyone was eager to get home. With a slight jolt we were off. My compartment was actually pretty nice, it had a small television set, and a basket of fruits. I grabbed an apple and took a bite, it would be good to be home. I woke up and the train was stopped, apparently I had dosed off because the scenery had changed, people were running around outside, some of the army guys on the train with me had their guns out, this was not good. I got up from my seat and went out the door, I asked a sergeant what was going on, all he said was,”go see for yourself.” So I walked to the front of the train, and when I looked up I knew we were in trouble, the railroad tracks had been destroyed, everything for a mile was in ruins, and just over the horizon we could just make out tanks, many tanks. “Who are they?” I asked. Nobody knew, some said they were the Germans, others thought the Babylonians had regrouped and were going to make a last stand. Whoever they were, they would be here in a day or less. We grabbed our shovels and began digging ditches to slow the tanks, while others dug trenches for us to hide in. We used the train as a command center and a makeshift hospital was set up in the dining car. We had plenty of ammunition in the cargo car, and three Modern Armors were unloaded off the train too. We finished digging our trenches and digging our holes. We all seemed pretty confident. They alerted Washington to the new threat, they said not to attack unless attacked, that made some of us mad, but oh well, that’s how the Government works I guess.
Old March 17, 2002, 23:13   #24
civman2000
Emperor

aww, why'd you change your avatar...i dont like the new one , the old one was better (although less...um, unique)

Old March 17, 2002, 23:38   #25
curlyboy24
Chieftain

Well actually i didn't really mean to, i'm not really good with computers, and i was seeing if i could put my own, i guess i just messed up, lol.
Old March 23, 2002, 15:45   #26
curlyboy24
Chieftain

-------The Purple Banners waved high over the carnage, the Iroquois troops were the least to say pathetic. The battle was short, they had but one Modern Armor and two Mech. Infantry’s. Our troops wiped them out, their tanks fell into our traps and from there they were sitting ducks. We could tell we were winning because there would be a loud explosion then cheers would come from our side. After that battle we were confident that the Iroquois shouldn’t have messed with us. After only a few day the Iroquois Nation had been wiped of the South American continent. They had only a few remaining colony’s in Australia who were at war with the Egyptians close by. Another victory for the Mighty Americans, more would soon come, soon they all would fall to Democracy.
-------Congratulations were in order at the Presidential Ball, all of Lincoln’s campaign contributors, and members of the high-class society were present. The General walked up to the podium, a large smile on his face,” Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, I hope your enjoying yourselves. I am proud to report that we have conquered all of the Western Hemisphere. We have gotten rid of the filth once and for all, Democracy reigns more than ever now!”
-------Bismarck paced his office, the American’s have done quite well with themselves, wouldn’t you say so General. “Yes sir, in the past 20 years they have expanded there territory three times than what it was before.” Yes, once we were the largest nation in the world, but that is quickly changing, the American’s must be destroyed! Alert the troops, I understand that we have a small colony on the tip of South America. “Yes sir, we have a fully loaded army ready to fight there sir, our new leader looks promising.” Alright than General, give the order, we attack at tomorrow.”
-------Tampa Bay city, a city born into the American empire during the Greek war, located on small islands just above Canada, consisting of only 50,000 people. The morning air was cool, perfect for a run. Obviously others thought the same way because the streets were full of people getting their exercise. People were flocking to Tampa Bay, in the past couple years the population had nearly doubled, with the Government funding production of Temples and Coliseums, there were plenty of jobs to be had, a large crowd of workers got onto a bus heading for the Temple which was almost completed. Children played in the street, running away as cars went by, and mothers got into their minivans ready for the morning commute. Nobody really noticed when three German tanks slithered their way into the city behind the hills, and nobody noticed when artillery dug into the ground just above the city in the hills. The traffic down Tampa Street was terrible again, cursing could just be heard over the honks of horns, another accident, people really need to know how to drive most thought. Everyone got out of their cars, a tanker had toppled ahead and the road wouldn’t be open for hours. Maria and her family got out of their cars to stretch, most other people were out playing Frisbee in the streets, while others listened to music. A loud noise pierced the morning air, slowly the noise grew closer, then faster and louder the noise came, Maria looked up ahead to see twenty cars fly into the air, a loud explosion pushed the others cars back. Maria grabbed her children and ran as the cars exploded behind her. She ran the other direction only to see two tanks roll down the street crushing cars and light post. She was trapped, she crawled down into a sewer, the smell was overpowering but it was her life that was at steak. She held onto her two kids as tight as she could. After about two hours German dogs began to growl, the German troops pulled her up, are you with anybody else, they said, “No sirs, its just me.” They didn’t know that Maria had told the kids to run down the sewer and see if they could find another American that could help them. Maria blinked at the brightness, the sewers were dark and damp, when her eyes adjusted she was shocked, the city was almost completely ruined, everything had been destroyed, the Granary where her husband worked, the bank, the temple, everything in ruins. German troops patrolled the city with dogs, every once in a while gunfire would erupt from somewhere in the distance, American’s wouldn’t be taken that easy, underground resistance groups formed, Tampa Bay would be ours, patriotism fueled them all.
Old March 25, 2002, 00:30   #27
curlyboy24
Chieftain

Continued...
-------The carrier Lincoln once again powered by its nuclear engines roared around the cape, the German settlement was within miles, the anchor was dropped and the planes were readied. Carl Jones let down the arrester hook of his F-15, the carrier was in sight, Carl, code named Cobra, called the tower, tower this is Cobra, “I’m coming in.” Cobra, “Your at three quarters of a mile, call the ball.” Carl put on full power, in flight school he had learned that when landing on a carrier, you applied full power in case something went wrong and you had to take off again. The planes wheels touched the deck and he instantly slowed down to a stop. He gave the photos to the intelligence officer who then analyzed them and faxed them to Washington. “General! Here are the photos you requested.” The General looked at them, then walked into his office, spreading the pictures over his desk. The Germans had an Army in their city, but that was about it, planes would damage them then ground forces would go in, piece of cake.
-------Alarms rang, the flight deck was cleared once again, Carl locked the canopy and looked ahead at the 300ft of runway. He powered up the engines and in less than 4 seconds he was propelled into the air at 180mph. In a minute all four F15’s were airborne. The sky was blue, ahead there were a few dark clouds, looks like it’s gonna rain someone said over the radio. The sky over the German settlement was just beginning to become cloudy, they flew in a V formation. Then from below them a small German fighter came out of nowhere. Carl banked right as a hail of bullets flew in his path, “Carrier this is Cobra, we have hostile enemy fighter or fighters in the area, request permission to fire.” Permission granted, do not forget the mission thought.” Carl put on the brakes bringing him back more, he saw the fighter, “Cobra here, launching missile, box one.” The missile just barely missed. This is Talon, he right on my tail, I cant’ shake him! “I’m coming around, can you hold on for a few seconds?” He’s firing on me! I’ve got heavy damage to my left engine, I’m shutting it down. Carl looked as smoke came from his plane, then he watched as his friend as blown to pieces as the missile punched into the plane. This is Cobra, “The fighter has bugged out, we’re going in for the bombing run.” With the new anger they did their jobs better than expected, the bombs hit all their targets, they could just make out the ground forces moving in.
-------Apparently the army hated me, after fighting the Iroquois they thought it would be funny to put me in battle again, the army has a cruel sense of humor. We watched as the planes bombed their targets, we heard the cries of the Germans just over the hill. The sky was beginning to turn black with the clouds, a small drop of rain splashed against my helmet. Alright men, lets go! We roared over the hill top, our Modern Armor leading the way, at the bottom of the hill waiting for us was a German army.
Old March 28, 2002, 00:04   #28
curlyboy24
Chieftain

I've been having trouble with my game, i'll post more later.
Old March 28, 2002, 09:59   #29
civman2000
Emperor

stories about major catastrophies are always good

Old March 29, 2002, 02:27   #30
zachbraun
Settler

Great story so far, you made me think it was going to end once, then another war starts, can't wait for the rest.