Old March 10, 2002, 12:22   #1
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 15:31
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Proposal: Civ3 Democracy game!!!
I was looking at the civ2 democracy forum (http://apolyton.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=148) and I thought it might be a good idea to start one for civ3...i'm not completely sure I understnad exactly how it works, but I think i get it...a bunch of people can join and elect a president and cabinet, and then vote on decisions to make in the game while the president actually plays it...Anyone?

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old March 10, 2002, 12:42   #2
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

Local Time: 22:31
Yes, I also thought about it, since the Civ2 game started, and even suggested to start it in Civ3. But I think it's not yet time for it, because with no doubt the game will be patched again and it's not sure if the savegames will be compatible. Since a democracy game lasts many months, a lot of work would be ruined this way.
Old March 10, 2002, 12:56   #3
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 15:31
hmmm...patching could be a problem, but i dont think it could cause too much trouble...but now that you mention it it might be a good idea to wait a while...

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal