Dida
Prince

Local Time: 21:33
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Plausible ideas for the next patch
Alrite, here is what I think should be included in the next patch:

1) AI do not trade tech in your turn.
2) AI more willing to talk about peace when losing the war badly
3) AI should offer a fair deal more often, no more silk for 300 gold + tech1+tech2 + luxury kind of bullshit.
4) re-enable peace time city trading please. (the current Firaxis stands on this issue is : We cannot do it right, so we just disabled it. The whole game has so many bugs, why don't you just not release the game? Once you release it however, you are responsible to make it work@!!! )
5) give a go-to-ship command
6) fix the infantry kill your own worker bug
7) Sometime, units fortified in a city would disappear, fix that bug
8) Make bombardment damage units most of the time, not always kill citizens and improvements. (yeah, the US bombing of Afrigan did kill some citizens, and destroy some hospitals, but, these are accidents, we hit Taliban military installment most of the time)
9) Please, give me the option to turn off 'auto wakening units'
10) auto wakening unit sequence still needs improvement.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.
Old March 11, 2002, 15:15   #2
Scooby_Doo
Chieftain

Local Time: 22:33
I personally would like to see the UN have more power in the game, the code is basically there from SMAC (As I understand, I've never actually played it though, sadly) So you would have thought that something similar could be implemented to spice up the endgame.

Also, fixing the bugs you mentioned (although I thought the AI trading had been fixed last patch?)

Other than that, things are going well, I think.
Old March 11, 2002, 21:08   #3
BeBro
Emperor

Local Time: 23:33
- more terraforming
- air power (at least bombers) should can sink ships/destroy units
- fleets similar to armies (edit: perhaps they could be made available onle in the modern age ---> task forces with battleships, or carrier battle groups)

...and a lot of things I´ve forgotten...
Old March 11, 2002, 21:44   #4
Dida
Prince

Plane should be able to sink ship for game balance, but they should be able to seriously damage any unit.

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.
Old March 12, 2002, 01:00   #5
Skanky Burns
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans

Local Time: 08:33
Local Date: November 1, 2010
With 1.17f, Firaxis allowed all civilizations to upgrade their to and from their UU's, which was a good thing. However, they overlooked one slight problem. The Aztecs.

Their UU, the Jaguar Warrior becomes obsolete as soon as they discover iron working. However the average Aztec player will still be wanting to continue building their JW hordes regardless of the fact they could build swordsmen.

My proposal: Remove the upgrade option for the Aztec JWs.
Its fine for other UUs, but this one must be stopped!!

Oh, and kill the Domestic Nag
Old March 12, 2002, 09:42   #6
Thrawn05
King

Local Time: 16:33
Quote:
Originally posted by Skanky Burns
With 1.17f, Firaxis allowed all civilizations to upgrade their to and from their UU's, which was a good thing. However, they overlooked one slight problem. The Aztecs.

Their UU, the Jaguar Warrior becomes obsolete as soon as they discover iron working. However the average Aztec player will still be wanting to continue building their JW hordes regardless of the fact they could build swordsmen.

My proposal: Remove the upgrade option for the Aztec JWs.
Its fine for other UUs, but this one must be stopped!!

Oh, and kill the Domestic Nag

You can always edit the upgrade path. I fiddle with it myself. Swoardsmen/Legionary/Immportals/Longbowmen upgrade to riflemen. I also upgraded frigates/Man-o-war to ironclades, and from ironclades to destroyers. I upgraded Calvary/Cossaks to modern armor.

I did this cause I don't like disbanding 100s of units at a time. It also keeps the build list short and clean (why would I want to build swordsmen in mordern age?)
Old March 12, 2002, 09:52   #7
kailhun
Warlord

Re: Plausible ideas for the next patch
Quote:
Originally posted by Dida

Agreed, but they can take into account that you just sold it so that the price on this second deal drops as more civs have the tech you're selling

Quote:
Agreed. This 'death before dishonor' attitude is boring.

Quote:
3) AI should offer a fair deal more often, no more silk for 300 gold + tech1+tech2 + luxury kind of bullshit.
I never trade for silk. It's just too expensive. In fact, I'd say I give up on about 50% of the deals I try because the AI is trying to scr*w me over. Although I always trade my luxuries. Money (or whatever) is always better than luxuries lying around.

Quote:
4) re-enable peace time city trading please. (the current Firaxis stands on this issue is : We cannot do it right, so we just disabled it. The whole game has so many bugs, why don't you just not release the game? Once you release it however, you are responsible to make it work@!!! )
So give me (e.g.) city1 for monarchy in peacetime has been disabled. I wondered about that.
Bring it back.

Quote:
What?

Quote:
Don't think I ever met this one. But, fix it.

Quote:
This would explain some empty cities. Or it could just be my own carelessness.
Fix bug.

Quote:
8) Make bombardment damage units most of the time, not always kill citizens and improvements. (yeah, the US bombing of Afrigan did kill some citizens, and destroy some hospitals, but, these are accidents, we hit Taliban military installment most of the time)
Nah, don't agree with this one.

Quote:
Toggles would be nice on many things.

Quote:
Don't really use this, so don't need improvement myself.

Quote:
TO BE CONTINUED...
It would be nice if they did something about the 'speed of tech post 1.17'. I don't know what has changed, but the Ai tech development(/trade) seems to fly by.

Robert
Old March 12, 2002, 10:43   #8
=DrJambo=
Prince

Re: Plausible ideas for the next patch
Quote:
Originally posted by Dida

- it doesn't anymore (1.17f)

- don't know about this

-no, the AI should be ruthless, otherwise game becomes too easy for the human player!

-possibly, although the potential for abuse of this option is so high... better to think up another diplomatic option, like for example trading units?!

-yes would be nice and save time

-don't know about this?!

-or this?

-agreed, but this can be done in the editor at present. Currently they are set to 16, but you could increase them if you wish..!? I'm considering upping the bombard value of improvements only, which would help the AI since they rarely bomb cities, more often they target surrounding improvements.

-?

-?

I would like to see:

11. AI use sacrificing population more sparingly. When they are in Communism government during war the AI will sacrifice so much that all their cities end up size 1 with 1 entertainer...i.e. completely useless.

12. On a similar line, i'd like to see the sacrificing penalties brought down from 40 turns to somewhere more manageable for the AI, maybe 10 for instance?!