Old March 12, 2002, 17:28   #1
Bad Lieutenant
Settler

Local Time: 13:38
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Does a captured city culture flip if I conquered the Civ?
I've had a lot of trouble with my conquered cities culture flipping back. I'm fighting Persia, and their last two cities are on a remote island, half a world away. It would take me several turns to wipe them out, but I would do it if it means the captured Persian cities will stop flippin' flipping.

Make sense?

BLT
Old March 12, 2002, 17:31   #2
Travathian
Warlord

Once you destroy that civ they can flip back to that civ. Now they could always flip to another civ, albeit unlikely.
Old March 12, 2002, 17:34   #3
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Local Time: 17:38
BLT,

If you are having culture flip problems, definitely take the time to take or destroy those island cities.

I assume you know how to minimize cultural reversion? There have been several threads about how to go about it, including responses by some of the programmers about the specific mechanics of how it works.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old March 12, 2002, 17:43   #4
Bad Lieutenant
Settler

Thanks,

I have read the "what causes.." thread, and I am disadvantaged in that Persia has a higher culture, my folks are mad becase I am at war, and I cant spare enough units to prevent a culture flip (I have 4 infantry for a pop 12 city that flipped).

Best thing I can do is exterminate them I figure.

BLT
Old March 12, 2002, 20:59   #5
moondog
Settler

Local Time: 21:38
a quiestion
hey guys: i have a quiestion, i've conqured my planet, and have a communist world gov.
what would happin if i switched to a democracy? is it possable for some of my conquered citys to rebel and form there own country again?
thanks
moondog
Old March 13, 2002, 21:11   #6
Ethelred
King

Quote:
i have a quiestion, i've conqured my planet, and have a communist world gov. what would happin if i switched to a democracy?

You would be assasinated by an Antichrist from Suburbia. Your dead body would be used as an example of a vile anti-revolutionary. Then it would be fed to the running dogs to ensure that there would no further attempts like that. Substitute-Mothers would use your name to frighten the testtube babies into behaving themselves.
Old March 14, 2002, 10:51   #7
Carver
Prince

Local Time: 15:38
Quote:
Originally posted by Arrian
BLT,

If you are having culture flip problems, definitely take the time to take or destroy those island cities.

-Arrian
A strat I like to employ when an enemy civ is on it's last legs: Demand the far flung cities as a condition for peace. Then, on the next turn, seize the remaining cities (the accesible ones) with force. Now the civ is wiped out and you have no further problems with the natives. This saves you from having to send transports throughout the globe or trek through a 3rd civ's territory to reach your targets.