Old March 14, 2002, 18:16   #31
Spaced Cowboy
Emperor

Local Time: 16:43
Local Date: October 31, 2010
This is a test! (Thanks Thrawn)

Okay maybe that will work???

FP, I think that I'm a registered user and logged on, but see no smilies in a box.

RPM
Old March 14, 2002, 18:46   #32
godinex
Prince

Local Time: 15:43
We make critics because we love it... thats all
Old March 14, 2002, 19:45   #33
Tuberski

I like the game too, Ive never been much of an MP player,I usually only play for an hour at a time and then do something else. But I tend to play longer in the industrial age because I have more time during the "please wait" portion of the turn.
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old March 14, 2002, 20:27   #34
bigfree1

Re: This game rocks
Quote:
Originally posted by Sceptor107
Ya all you guys dissing Civ3 go away. I like the game. Thats all that matters.
I wish I could be as happy as you are with this game being as scewed up as it is.

I guess you don't have very high expectations from a man like Sid.

There's much to be fixed; Until it is, I say I'll never buy another Firaxis' game!

Old March 14, 2002, 21:42   #35
Evil_Eric_4
Warlord

I love my new car too.
Only problem is they sold it to me incomplete.
Its OK though ,hell just last month they sent me the lug-nuts(of course I had to install them myself but thats ok too.)
They also promised to send all the lights next month...or the next...or the next.Great car company they are! Great customer service.
I have been thinking about building a new engine for it though since the one in it is missing 3 cylinders and the exhaust system.

And BTW I come here every once in a while to see if there is a new patch that can make this horrid game playable and possibly make my 50 $ investment seem worthwhile.
Old March 14, 2002, 22:36   #36
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Re: Re: This game rocks
Quote:
Originally posted by bigfree1

I wish I could be as happy as you are with this game being as scewed up as it is.

I guess you don't have very high expectations from a man like Sid.

There's much to be fixed; Until it is, I say I'll never buy another Firaxis' game!

I have high expectations from a game by Sid, and these expectations have been met by Civ III.

While you state that "there's much to be fixed", I would argue that your problems with the game are due to your own personal preferences, not the game. After the release of the first patch that corrected the air superiorty problem, the game has been fully functional. Can you point to something that needs to be fixed that is not based on your opinion? Perhaps you can, I myself have had problems with occasional crashes, but not since the most recent patch was released.

Don't get me wrong, I am annoyed with certain aspects of the game, but they are not "problems" more than design decisions