Local Time: 17:44
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Old October 15, 2002, 01:43   #272
Marko
Prince

Local Time: 21:44
Attached Files:
File Type: net france41aug.net (242.0 KB, 1 views)
Old October 15, 2002, 07:37   #273
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 07:44
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The floodgates are creaking
Manstein Leads AG Vistula to Safety

In a bold operation, Field Marshal Von Manstien has flown into the Krakow pocket, and has lead many of its defenders to the safety of the German frontiers. These expericanced troops and airmen will provide vital reinforcements for the coming decisive battle. In recognition of his achievements, Hitler has appointed Von Manstien commander of the newly formed Army Group South. Hitler himself has taken command of Army Group North, which bears the task of defending Germany's vital capital and industral heartland against the Soviet barbarians.

Cry of 'All for the Front' Sparks Enthusiastic Responce

In light of the unprecedented national crisis, the German people are happily parting with their luxuries so that the war of national surival may continue. In recent months, gangs of enthusiastic citizens have gutted luxurious facilities such as cinemas and harbours, and have sent the resulting raw materials to the mighty German armaments factories.
The fruits of these labours are begining to be seen in the masses of brand new Pz IVs and FW-190s which are now rolling off the production lines.
Attached Files:
File Type: net axis1941sept.net (242.0 KB, 2 views)
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
Old October 17, 2002, 02:24   #274
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

*bump* for Kalmer
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
Old October 17, 2002, 15:12   #275
Kalmer
Chieftain

Local Time: 23:44
No news from Turkey.
Attached Files:
File Type: net turkey1941sept.net (242.0 KB, 1 views)
Old October 18, 2002, 13:43   #276
Grothgar
Prince

Spain is all quiet, the cruiser attack on ponta del garda was repulsed with heavy losses, a new cruiser is being built. The soldiers are getting really pissed off.
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1941sept.net (242.0 KB, 1 views)

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"
Old October 19, 2002, 10:41   #277
The ANZAC
King

Local Time: 16:44
Naples Seized

After HMS Howe, which received heavy fire, bombarded the shore batteries and emplacements, troops of the British 8th Army surged out from Taranto and secured the city with minimal resistance. More reinforcements are on their way.

Also Split was seized as the move up the Adriatic continues.
Attached Files:
File Type: net allies1941sept.net (242.0 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by The ANZAC; October 19, 2002 at 13:37.
Old October 19, 2002, 20:12   #278
Case
Emperor

...and now comes the Soviet turn
Old October 19, 2002, 23:51   #279
klesh
King

September of 1941, a chill is in the air.
In September of this month, Marshal Vasily Kleshnikov met with Bernard Montegomery in British-held Sarajevo to discuss the future of Allied Operations. Unfortunately no French representatives were present, however, accomodations were made for action on their part in the comming battles.

It was here that Kleshnikov turned over control of the town of Rejika to the British Army. This allows for more fluidity for the Brits, as they may now close on Northern Italy, with an unbroken supply line.

In the centre, General Andrikov closed the door on the Kracow Corridor. The city was held by fanatical SS infantry divisions which guarded the rivercrossings with suicidal tenacity. We simply overwhelmed them. The centre of the front has now been sured up with the flanks.

It seems Hitler has now given the order for his surrounded troops to fight on to the death for Greater Germany. The Soviet Union promises no quarter for Germans who continue to resist.

In the north, General Pruknitsky attacked the Königsberg salient. The ancient East Prussian city was also defended to the death, but the weigth of tank forces approaching from Vilnius as well as Warsaw was too much. Our forces eleminated the last pockets of resistance at dusk on September 14th.

Pruknitsky also ordered the Red Airforce to once again attack and eliminate German bombers over our territories. Yet another 'hit and run' attack was excecuted as well, upon the city of Poznan. It was ungarrisoned by the Germans, and remains ungarrisoned at this time.

Stalin has sent out Order #257 of this war. He has declared an end to the summer offensive with the suring up of the front achieved this month. Units are to hold steadfast, eleminating any German attacks untill a resumption of offensive action is ordered.

In other Red Army affairs, the supply divisions are receiving more and more requisitions for valenki, woolen pants, long underwear and other cold weather gear. It seems that a chill is in the air, and winter shall not be far away.

-Vasily Kleshnikov.
Attached Files:
File Type: net sovmov1941sept.net (242.0 KB, 4 views)
Old October 19, 2002, 23:55   #280
klesh
King

And here's the map.

-VK.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	sept1941.gif
Views:	65
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	27428  

Last edited by klesh; October 20, 2002 at 12:16.
Old October 20, 2002, 10:50   #281
The ANZAC
King

*Look at the mideast*
Old October 21, 2002, 16:20   #282
Marko
Prince

New front opened against Germany!

French army landed in Southern France and liberated Marseille, Toulon and Toulouse.

Hopefully the new front helps our Soviet and British allies on their way toward Berlin and Rome.
Attached Files:
File Type: net france41sept.net (242.0 KB, 1 views)
Old October 21, 2002, 16:55   #283
Grothgar
Prince

I must say im impressed with frances resiliance in this PBEM, although, and no offense intended, but the first german player, from reports, didnt exactly play the best game. I would like to play this again, maybe with a later version???, and with the same players as now. But anyway this game isnt finnished so play on

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"
Old October 21, 2002, 17:43   #284
klesh
King

Well actually Gary, Pap had himself some impressive victories. I was in on the defense of the Maginot and Low Countries, and Marko and Anzac were pretty confident they had a nice defensive network going, there was talk of stalemating the Germans. But no, Pap was able to rip through and take care of everything he needed to on time. Now I don't know what his plans were after France, but I think he had a decent ammount of his preplaced units still active. However, these were in France obviously, not the east front.

I told him (Pap) I didn't want to fight. I lied.
We're talking national security here, you know. I'm gonna pull no punches, espescially against the Nazi's.

I felt bad attacking Case 2 turns into his stepping into the German game, but in all honesty the attack's date was planned from turn 1. I was invading no matter who controlled the germans in Dec 1940, so no hard feelings Nick.

I consider my situation as a bug. I am certainly not Xin Yu, and am really not even that good a CivII player in general. I think it should be made, from the designer's perspective, impossible to have the situation I have now. I have told Marko what I did to get where I am, so hopefully he'll feel the need to change it somehow.

-FMK.
Old October 21, 2002, 17:49   #285
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

That's exactly what I've been thinking too reading this thread; something's gotta be wrong with Russia making huge conquests in mid to late 1941!
Old October 21, 2002, 18:00   #286
Grothgar
Prince

FMK i think your being modest, because while your not Xin Yu, your pretty damn good in your own right.
And as for the disposition of the German units, from my conversations with Case it seems that Pap had gathered over 100 units on the spannish border so i think i know what his plans were. Then of course he quit and Case took over and then Russia invaded so he had to shift all those units to the eastern front.
He was about to make a huge counter attack on your forces FMK but then ANZAC invaded northern france and he had to move lots of his forces to stem that.
But still impressive playing by everyone, i have my own surprise to spring in a few turns, and youll never guess whats going to happen.

Old October 21, 2002, 18:06   #287
The ANZAC
King

So if I had invaded a few turns later it might have succeeded besides the fact the RAF was using antiquated tactics

You shouldn't have told us that, Grothgar
Old October 21, 2002, 18:11   #288
Grothgar
Prince

Well its in the past now, so theres no harm. Anyone can tellthat germanys days are numbered, its just who will be the rulers of europe when they are gone.

Old October 21, 2002, 18:13   #289
The ANZAC
King

Also, what is that Spanish freighter doing off my coast? It isn't landing on Ireland or Britain I hope
Old October 21, 2002, 19:01   #290
klesh
King

Its probably just circling as the troops wait for spain to build another cruiser.

-FMK.
Old October 21, 2002, 22:08   #291
Case
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Field Marshal Klesh
Now I don't know what his plans were after France, but I think he had a decent ammount of his preplaced units still active. However, these were in France obviously, not the east front.
As Grothgar said, most of the German army was on the Spanish border or in the southern French ports. As a result, I think that Pap's strategy was to invade Spain and North Africa. As soon as I took over I started rushing these units to the Eastern Front, but it appears to have been a case of too little too late.

Quote:
I felt bad attacking Case 2 turns into his stepping into the German game, but in all honesty the attack's date was planned from turn 1. I was invading no matter who controlled the germans in Dec 1940, so no hard feelings Nick.
None whatsoever. To be totally honest, I'm hugely enjoying fighting a desperate defencive battle

Quote:
I consider my situation as a bug. I am certainly not Xin Yu, and am really not even that good a CivII player in general.
Don't be harsh on yourself - your strategy has been extreamly effective. As soon as I'm ready to meet one of your attacks, you launch another attack somewhere else along the front.
BTW, on the turn that you invaded Poland, I was going to invade the Baltic States.
Old October 23, 2002, 01:44   #292
Case
Emperor

8th Army 'Knocked for Six'

In a brilliant conteroffencive overseen by General Manstein, troops of Army Group South have crushed the lead elements of the British 8th Army. Following this victory, the town of Rjecka was burnt to the ground in order to deny British troops shelter over the coming winter.

Luftwaffe, Kiegsmarine Slaughter British Shipping

The Royal Navy has been punished for it's aparent belief that the war has come to an end. No less then 3 fully laden convoys have been destroyed by German bombers and submarines.

Suicide Pilots Humble Soviet Tankers

Following personal inspiration by Adolf Hitler and his SS guards, the crews of 2 Luftwaffe bomber squadrons have departed on suicide runs against the Soviet invadors. The brave bombermen are reported to have sold their lives dearly, destroying no less then 5 Soviet T-34 divisions outside Koingsburg and Wroclaw.

New German Forces Crowd the Front Lines!

The massive German mobalistion Campaign continues to bear fruit, with litterally dozens of new divisions either joining the front line nearing the end of their training . While things look grim, the German people do not plan on surrendering any time soon!
Attached Files:
File Type: net axis1941oct.net (242.0 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Case; October 23, 2002 at 01:49.
Old October 25, 2002, 17:03   #293
klesh
King

You're up, Kalmer.
Old October 27, 2002, 08:46   #294
Kalmer
Chieftain

Local Time: 23:44
No news.
Attached Files:
File Type: net turkey1941oct.net (242.0 KB, 1 views)
Old October 27, 2002, 11:07   #295
Grothgar
Prince

Ok im in america at the moment bvisiting my uncle, so i wont be able to play my turn until thursday as thats when i get back

Old October 29, 2002, 11:35   #296
klesh
King

Cool, where at? Come on over and we'll hit the pubs Gary!
Old October 29, 2002, 11:53   #297
Grothgar
Prince

Im in NC Klesh, and it might be a bit late seeing as im going home tommorow but thanx for the kind offer

Old October 31, 2002, 23:27   #298
Grothgar
Prince

The spannish government withdraws the transport to placate the british administration. There just moving around, you do know how long it takes for spain to build a cruiser right lol.
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1941oct.net (242.0 KB, 1 views)

Old November 1, 2002, 00:09   #299
The ANZAC
King

Trieste, Brest, and Cherbourg seized!

In Operation Belligerence, a massive invasion of France was launched and the sealing of the Italian peninsula is commencing....
Attached Files:
File Type: net allies1941oct.net (242.0 KB, 1 views)
Old November 1, 2002, 21:46   #300
klesh
King

October of 1941
Per order #257, the Soviet Army conducted no offensive operations this month. Tanks and planes are being refit for the upcomming Grand Winter Offensive.

Vasily Kleshnikov would like to personally thank the French army, and the entrety of the French nation for their continued resilience in fighting the Germans. Congradulations are in order for the ongoing battles to free their homeland!

Soviet mountain troops have begun searching the easternmost Alps for Mussolini, having heard rumors of his departure from Rome fearing its emminent capture.

-Vaslili Kleshnikov.
Attached Files:
File Type: net sovmov1941oct.net (242.0 KB, 2 views)