Old November 2, 2002, 12:37   #301
klesh
King

Local Time: 17:45
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Also, I forgot to announce that the Soviet Union is now in possesion of its first Genreal unit. Georgi Zukov has taken command of the defense of Moscow, but his is reported to be dillusional as the only fighting in Moscow is for who will get the first test shots of the new Katyusha weapons being developed! Unfortunately the estimate for Zukov's arrival to the actual front is in the order of 7 months. It is doubtful he will see action as plans call for the end of the Reich and the war by then.

-VK.
Old November 5, 2002, 09:17   #302
Marko
Prince

Local Time: 21:45
Bordeaux and Limoges liberated.
Attached Files:
File Type: net france41oct.net (242.0 KB, 2 views)
Old November 6, 2002, 00:41   #303
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 07:45
Local Date: November 1, 2010
East and West Walls Reinforced

Yet more emergancy divisions have been rushed to Germany's key Western and Eastern defencive positions. Large numbers of Norwegian pilots have also arrived in the reich - their expertise should prove very useful in the winter months.

------------

Marko, I saved the game as EU.net and ran the .bat file. While the terrain and rules files appear to have changed, I'm a bit concerned that the .bat may not have worked on the .net file (I imagine that it was looking for a .sav).
Attached Files:
File Type: net axis1941nov.net (240.0 KB, 5 views)
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
Old November 6, 2002, 08:14   #304
Marko
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Case
Marko, I saved the game as EU.net and ran the .bat file. While the terrain and rules files appear to have changed, I'm a bit concerned that the .bat may not have worked on the .net file (I imagine that it was looking for a .sav).
You made everything right. The program works with .net files too.

Other players should also change to the Winter settings before their turn. Changing the file name to EU isn't neccessary as Case already changed the events.
Old November 6, 2002, 18:03   #305
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

OK - great
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
Old November 8, 2002, 08:00   #306
Kalmer
Chieftain

Local Time: 23:45
All is quiet in Turkey.
Attached Files:
File Type: net turkey1941nov.net (240.0 KB, 2 views)
Old November 8, 2002, 10:50   #307
Grothgar
Prince

Nothing Much happened.
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1941nov.net (240.0 KB, 2 views)

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"
Old November 8, 2002, 20:00   #308
The ANZAC
King

Local Time: 16:45
Winter Offensive launched!

St Lo, St Nazaire and Le Mans have been liberated as well as Venice. Rome is poised to be cut off....
Attached Files:
File Type: net allies1941nov.net (240.0 KB, 3 views)
Old November 8, 2002, 23:18   #309
klesh
King

November of 1941- The Collapse of the Reich
The Grand Winter Offensive that will end this war was launched by Vasili Kleshnikov this month. The largest combined army in Europe descended upon Germany's vaunted Westwall. However, this elaborate defensive network turned out to be merely a picket fence as the People's armour poured into the Reich under the cover of our new Il-2 Sturmoviks.

Frankfurt was captured, inflicting losses of armour, SS troops, bombergroups, and stukas to the Germans. Stalin was outraged to find out that two entire divisions of Spanish fascists were defending Frankfurt under the command of the Nazi's. He demands an explanation from Spain as to their presence on the battlefield!

Having smashed the westwall wide open, hundreds of thousands of Soviet men advanced in order to end this horrible war. With the Oder breached at Frankfurt, a quick drive was excecuted in the direction of Berlin. Lighter resistance was encountered in the outskirts of the city but as we neared the Reichstag and Hitler's bunker, the soldiers we faced were elite Falschirmjager divisions.

These fanatical, suicidal defenders of the Reich were no match for wave after wave of T-34's supported by scores of Red Army regulars and the ocasional NKVD operative. Fighting took place in every room, on every floor as the search for Adolf Hitler and his henchmen continued. His whereabouts are unknown at this time, but at 14:24 on the 21st of November the Hammer and Sickle of the People's Republic was raised atop the German Reichstag.

Germany's capital is in ruin, and its government and army are on the run. Some higher ranking capured Germans are talking of a proposed surrender being worked up, but we have had no contact of any kind regarding this. Stalin has not made public his intention to accept anything less than unconditional surrender.

The day before the collapse of resistance in Berlin, Stalin made a speach wishing the French and British armies the best of luck and a speady victory in their battles with the Germans in the west.

Frankfurt and Berlin captured.

-Vasily Kleshnikov.
Attached Files:
File Type: net sovmov1941nov.net (240.0 KB, 6 views)
Old November 9, 2002, 00:00   #310
Case
Emperor

Argh!

Where on earth did your army start from? Poznan was empty, and I didn't spot any troops concentrations out in the open (not that that neccesarily means much )

Anyway, it's a fitting end to a very skillful campaign - congratulations

Last edited by Case; November 9, 2002 at 00:08.
Old November 9, 2002, 00:01   #311
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Congrats Klesh!
Old November 9, 2002, 00:25   #312
The ANZAC
King

All the allied leaders congratulate Russia on her marvelous victory. Paris and Rome are close at hand and are also expected to fall. Hopefully both our armies can meet and play cricket by the end of this year
Old November 9, 2002, 00:52   #313
Case
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by The ANZAC
Hopefully both our armies can meet and play cricket by the end of this year
Bah! Everyone knows that Poms can't play cricket.

(they're currently at 8/324 in responce to Australia's all out for 492 [with an innings left to play])
Old November 9, 2002, 04:49   #314
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Local Time: 22:45
Well done FMK!

Does this mean this pbem is over or will the allies and russians start fighting over whats left of germany now?
Old November 9, 2002, 13:16   #315
Grothgar
Prince

Well i for one think that we should carry on playing, and as for the spannish divisions, i assume they were under german control, in which case i have no idea, in fact if they are under my control i have even less of an idea. I assume the germans have them to start or maybe my predecessor as the spannish player kinda gave them to the german player?
Oh and ANZAC i cant believe you didnt notce the fact that Cork is now in spannish hands

"You can't make an omelette without breaking eggs but it's amazing how many eggs you can break without making a decent omelette"
Old November 9, 2002, 18:20   #316
Case
Emperor

While I can't speak for FMK, I have no intention of surrendering
Old November 10, 2002, 11:29   #317
The ANZAC
King

Cork in Spanish hands?

Britain demands these troops to be withdrawn immediately. Full and utter compliance is expected.
Old November 10, 2002, 14:06   #318
Grothgar
Prince

No, spain has a legitimate reason to be in ireland, if you were not aware when my predecessor of the fair land of spain united the iberian peninsular the peoples of ireland, misguidedly outraged, declared war on spain.

We have already lost three tanks to the irish home forces, and it was lucky we had a destroyer at hand to get rid of their invasion force headed undoutably for spain.

We will not withdraw, we are just looking to finnish this misguided war. Also if you persist in trying to gain access over them we will just hand them over to turkey

Old November 10, 2002, 21:01   #319
klesh
King

Hey, thanks everybody! I've had a blast playing this PBEM as everything has pretty much fallen into place for me. Case, the startingpoint of my army is classified, you'll have to wait till the postwar era when I retire and write an autobiography: Kleshnikov- a Tale of Love and Sorrow Honestly, note that T-34's have a movement of 12 in winter... I could attack from anywhere in Poland and still get a few hit with each T-34. Vet T-34 is enough to take out those pesky Bunkers, if I am lucky on the draw and there is no river involved.

I have also noticed that you still have a bit of fight in you as well Case. I dont mind continuing to play, and since it has been designed as such, perhaps fighting other nations later. But to be honest... I have the most cities by far, will be getting the lions share in the comming months, and have Hoover's Dam. I wouldn't want to fight against me. But if everyone wants to continue, I'm down for that.

Cricket. Very odd scoring. I listen to the BBC late at night here on our public radio station. The cricket score section is always my favourite because I have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. None whatsoever. "A 345 on their first 30 over. The next 300 should see Wochestershire getting another 4,500 on the double willy-nilly." That kind of thing. Its great. There are sme Indian fellows that play cricket at the baseball diamond down at the university I live by. I stop and sit on the bleachers to watch them occasionally, but the game is still unknown to me.

Now for this Irish business. For now we have no comment on the issue. That ordeal is not in our sphere of interest or influence. If our allies were to request assistance, we would have to think about the course of action. However, since Spain is claiming that if Britain acts on the invasion of Ireland, then Spain will give her Irish possesions to Turkey.... that changes everything.

Why on earth would you want to do that? Turkey has no ability to fight a war in Ireland. Spain has a far better chance of shipping troops there. If Spain is doing that so that Turkey has a reason to launch offensives from her homeland into Greece with the army she has been building heretofor in this game... then this is a grave mistake. A Horrid miscalculation indeed. I needn't even entertain questions as to what the Soviet reaction to such events would be. I think you know.

I know you two are itchy to fight, but unless you attack the Germans, you'll wind up getting trounced. But hey, were all having fun, right?

-FMK.

Last edited by klesh; November 10, 2002 at 21:09.
Old November 11, 2002, 07:08   #320
Grothgar
Prince

Well i didnt mean it in that way, i meant turn it over to turkey because they are neutral and the allies wouldnt want to attack a neutral country would they?
I mean i would give it to france or you, the soviets but i know that youd just give it back to the allies lol. And i would be attacking germany if france hadnt cut off my access with their drive across southern france

Old November 16, 2002, 05:50   #321
Marko
Prince

Pisa taken and Rome encircled by combined Allied armies.
Attached Files:
File Type: net france1941nov.net (240.0 KB, 2 views)
Old November 19, 2002, 20:34   #322
klesh
King

Der Casenheimer... I believe its your go.

-FMK.
Old November 19, 2002, 20:56   #323
Case
Emperor

Hitler Dead, FM Case Takes Command

The German people have greated the news that Adolf Hitler is dead with a mixture of shock and relief. According to the few survivors of the Berlin garrison, the Fuhrer was killed when elite Soviet Guards troops stormed his bunker underneath the Reich Chancellory.

Ignoring the conditions set out in Hitler's will, the little known Field Marshal Case has seized power at the head of the remnants of the German army. All the surviving Nazi Party and SS leadership have been given one week to report to their local Volksgrenadier regiments so that they may continue their direct involvement in the war which they began.

Operation Defiance Launched

In willful ignorance of the military situation in Europe, the German Armed forces have gone on the offencive.

In the East, troops of Army Group Oder have recaptured Frankfurt and Berlin. While huge numbers of Soviet formations were destroyed in this operation, the survivng German troops are anxiously awaiting the expected Russian counter offencive.

The troops which liberated Berlin have overseen the removal of as many of the cities residents as was possible. The regugees have been advised to head for western Germany so that they may escape the Russian jackboot.

The troops in Berlin have also recovered Hitler's body, and given him the burial he deserved (in the Berlin zoo crocodile pit)

In the west, the city of Orleans has been destroyed by a joint Luftwaffe-Army operation.

--------------

Despite me hitting control+n at the end of my last turn, a lot of my units had moved since my last turn. I guess that somebody forgot to change their rules file. As I'm dead meat I don't really care, but it would be nice if everybody checked that they switched the rules file
Attached Files:
File Type: net axis1941dec.net (240.0 KB, 3 views)
Old November 19, 2002, 21:23   #324
klesh
King

Hrmpf. Well that sort of spoils it.

To be sure, my files were switched properly. I wouldn't blow a critical turn like that one.

-FMK.
Old November 19, 2002, 21:29   #325
klesh
King

Great, I just checked... The glorius General AI strikes again!
The Soviet Union is now the proud owner of.... count 'em, 73 shiny new CAVALRY f*ucking battalions.

e v e r y s i n g l e c i t y

Stalin wants someones arse on a platter, pronto.
Old November 19, 2002, 22:43   #326
Case
Emperor

Can't you just fix that problem with Lazyciv?
Old November 19, 2002, 22:51   #327
The ANZAC
King

Could this now mean a turn around for Germany...?
Old November 20, 2002, 19:14   #328
klesh
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Case
Can't you just fix that problem with Lazyciv?

Hmmm , good point.

However, as a sign of goodwill and plus as you will have been screwed much more than I if I fix this, I think I might just play on with all those bloody horses. It'll be more fun for everyone that way, and I think thats best for the game.

-FMK.
Old November 20, 2002, 19:20   #329
Case
Emperor

I don't see how you fixing this will unfairly affect me. Feel free to use lazyciv - I use it every turn to stop the AI from building me an all homeguard army.
Old November 20, 2002, 19:37   #330
klesh
King

Well your units were moved which probably resulted in me being able to take both Frankfurt and Berlin. I was just offering to let the computer screw us both so that the game might have a bit more pizzaz in the next few turns... whatever.