Old March 16, 2002, 03:14   #1
Captain
King

Local Time: 16:48
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Casualty List? Like from civ 2?
Is there a casualty list?

I know the #of captured workers is listed, including who stole them and who originally owned them.
But is there a list for #military units lost, and who did the killing?
I haven't been able to find one.

I remember that from civ 2 and I liked it. Not essential, but just fun to have, like the replay we got reinstated from civ 1.
If it is there, one thing to improve on though, is listing who can claim kills. Civ 2s method showed units lost but not to who.

If it's not there, how easy do you think it would be to add in a patch? Save games are already ginormous, this shouldn't add much to them.

Your thoughts?
Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
Old March 16, 2002, 03:27   #2
Aeson
Emperor

Local Time: 15:48
I haven't been able to find a listing either. It would be a great addition.

It shouldn't be too hard to add to the game. The basic graphics are already there in the Military advisor screen. It would require a simple database-like function and adding battle results to the save files. Probably something that would end up in an XP rather than a patch though.
Old March 16, 2002, 03:47   #3
Captain
King

So apparently, I'm not the only one who can't find it. Maybe that means it's not in the game.

I know it's not a top priority, but how many folks would like to see this added at some future date?

I think'd be a nice touch, adding just a bit more fun to the game. Make it easier to get stats on stuff too.

If you want to see it, please post here. If you don't, also please post. I probably should have made this a poll. Someone else can if they think there might be enough interest.
Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
Old March 16, 2002, 03:59   #4
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Bring it back, but i would like to be able to see the casualties of civs that have been destroyed. I think that Civ 2 just showed the casualties of a civ until they were extinct, i would like to see a tally throughout the game. Perhaps I'm a nerd, but I like to see the kill statistics. It would also be useful to see how useful your proxy wars are going, as you could count the losses on each side. maybe this would require an embassy or a spy in the country, but either way, would be great to be able to count my losses against the enemies
Old March 16, 2002, 04:03   #5
Aeson
Emperor

It would be a great feature, yes.

And it would help do away with some of the "spearmen vs tank" type debates if it included a system for crossreferencing the kills by type of unit. Instead of only remembering the statistically rare events, people could see an overview of how the RNG works over the course of a game.
Old March 16, 2002, 07:25   #6
laurentius
Civilization II MultiplayerApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessDiplomacyAlpha Centauri PBEMAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyNever Ending StoriesACDG PeaceACDG3 GaiansMacC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
King

Local Time: 23:48
It would be great! In fact the more statistic civ has the better. How about a diagram of units lots per turn?

- Paul Valery
Old March 16, 2002, 07:35   #7
Solver
lifer
Civilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of FamePolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueThe Courts of Candle'BreC4WDG Team Apolyton
Deity

Local Time: 00:48
Local Date: November 1, 2010
An obvious must-be-back.

I enjoy statistics, they make me feel history of my civ even more, and are so fun.

BTW, where is the Dan Quayle screen? We were promised to have it back, while instead we still get the stupid going up by list of adjectives, like in Civ 2. Give me the Civ 1 style!
Old March 16, 2002, 13:34   #8
AJ Corp. The FAIR
Prince

Local Time: 22:48
Quote:
Originally posted by Captain
If you want to see it, please post here. If you don't, also please post. I probably should have made this a poll. Someone else can if they think there might be enough interest.
Had they just forgotten about this one?

I want to see it back.

(and the other suggestions elsewhere of course ...

AJ
Old March 16, 2002, 17:45   #9
DrSpike
Civilization IV: MultiplayerApolyton University
Deity

Local Time: 22:48
It would be cool. Probably not there so you can't see how many units the AI uses ineffectively.
Old March 16, 2002, 19:26   #10
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Betas often lack all of the polish of final products.

By my reckoning, we're on Bv3 now.

They are still tinkering with fundamental underlying mechanics. Seems it might be a bit of a long road.

BTW, yes the casualty stats would be welcomed in this corner if they returned.

Salve