View Poll Results: trireme orders with strat city
1) get settler and send them both to building spot(city +warrior defence) 2 8.00%
2) get settler,switch warrior for phalanx and send them both to building spot(city +phalanx defence) 14 56.00%
3) get settler and send him to building spot(city +no defence) 0 0%
4)trireme will explore alone 1 4.00%
5)trireme will explore accompanied by an exploring unit(warrior/diplo/whatever is available) 3 12.00%
6)No more exploring for that trireme=> taxi-job 5 20.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 17, 2002, 10:41   #1
shade
Civilization II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 22:50
Local Date: October 31, 2010
trireme orders
We have 4 of them but only this one his orders are very important and may help build the rest of the game:
At this moment there is also a second poll going on with the question if we are going to build a strategic city.the problem is we need a settler to build a city.
there is one trireme wich is perfect for the job(cfr screenshot below)
The trireme already has a warrior on board and can get a settler near Paha Sapa.The city of Paha Sapa is currently defended by a warrior and a phalanx.
So here are some ideas what we could do
1) send the trireme to retrieve the settler and go for the building spot of our strategic city and unload both settler and warrior there.(warrior will defend the strategic city)
2) send the trireme to retrieve the settler and exchange the warrior for the phalanx of Paha Sapa(there are enough deffencive units on the island of Apolytonia to send backup when needed)then go to the build spot and unload both of them(phalanx will defend)
3)get settler,bring it to build spot and ONLY unload the settler,the strategic city will have to build it's own defence.

you'll have multiple voting options because we don't know yet if we will build that city but even if we do this second part is neccesary and contains the orders for the trireme afterward.

4)the trireme will go-on exploring to the north jungle-patch without explring unit
5)he will go on with an exploring unit(if at the time we don't have one we'll first get one from adecently defended city(or even a diplo))
6)the trireme will stay closeby as taxi-service for whatever needs it=> his exploring days are over.

Shade
Old March 17, 2002, 10:56   #2
shade
King

You can see the main I dea I personally would like to follow
(get the settler,exchange the warrior with the phalanx,go and build our city,then move on to explore(but first we need a unit to transport,maybe the diplo that is beeing build in New castellion)

Shade
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	travel.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	11546  
Old March 17, 2002, 10:59   #3
shade
King

seems like someone was very eager to vote.

==>

Yep I saw you

Now ppl you have 48h so start votting

Shade
Old March 17, 2002, 11:07   #4
Gramphos
staff
Civilization III MultiplayerC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV: MultiplayerAge of Nations TeamC4BtSDG Realms BeyondCivilization IV Creators
Technical Director

Local Time: 23:50
Quote:
Originally posted by shade
seems like someone was very eager to vote.

==>

Yep I saw you

Now ppl you have 48h so start votting

Shade
Damn, I was cought.

I have a game myself, and actually found this thread before it had the poll, (I tried to see what would happedn if I took the latest threadid on the forum and added one.) So I didn't need the screenshot.
Old March 17, 2002, 11:21   #5
shade
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Gramphos

Damn, I was cought.
==> my allseeing eye saw you

Quote:
and actually found this thread before it had the poll, (I tried to see what would happedn if I took the latest threadid on the forum and added one.)

Shade
Old March 17, 2002, 16:27   #6
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

change the warrior for hte phalanx, that city is going to be sneak attacked very soon so we need a good unit over there

P.D. it was a good idea to give the game to the minister
Old March 17, 2002, 17:27   #7
Zealot
King

I need advice for the trireme. I don't know what should I vote for.
Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1
Old March 17, 2002, 18:16   #8
shade
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Zealot
I need advice for the trireme. I don't know what should I vote for.
ask and you shall recieve...
what do you want' to know?

Shade
Old March 17, 2002, 21:02   #9
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 09:50
Local Date: November 1, 2010
As in the poll on whether to build the strategic city or not, the possibility is there that Rome will attack us. Thus I support the plan with the Phalanz as first defender. Now what sort of units does Rome have to smash against our city? I know we don't yet have an embassy (we really need one), but from observation of moves, can the Prez or shade give us a brief indication of the technological advancement of Rome's army?

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old March 17, 2002, 21:41   #10
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 18:50
Paint it yellow and appoint a Puertorican captain.

No, but seriously, Rome demands a bunch of commodities that are produced in Rivertown and Nova Hispania, so keep that Trireme near to do some ferrying of caravans in the near future, even if that is only a small possbility, we'll still need it for ferrying other military units to the Apolytonian fortress outside Rome.
Old March 18, 2002, 10:12   #11
shade
King

Quote:
Originally posted by El Awrence
we'll still need it for ferrying other military units to the Apolytonian fortress outside Rome.
that one actually slipped my mind, always easy to have something aroung to transport troops...thx (are you sure you are only trade-advisor? )

Quote:
Now what sort of units does Rome have to smash against our city? I know we don't yet have an embassy (we really need one), but from observation of moves, can the Prez or shade give us a brief indication of the technological advancement of Rome's army?
problem is I only see what you see(and there aren't any units in sight (I thought).
they certainly have warriors,maybe archers and phalanx?
==> PRESIDENT!!! can you help us out?

(but before we start fighting I think we should turn the city to come into a stronghold)

Shade