Old March 17, 2002, 22:59   #1
johncmcleod
Prince

Local Time: 13:52
Local Date: October 31, 2010
diplomatic victory
I have enjoyed my first good game of civ3. I am whooping the computer in everything. ie I'm in the modern age and they're all in the medieval ages. I didn't want the game to end yet, but I didn't know how to start the vote so when it asked me I said yes. Since I was at war with England and I had almost destroyed them, Elizabeth was mad at me. I didn't worry about winning because you're supposed to get every vote to win. I got 5 votes and Cleo got 3. And then it said I won the game! I don't want it to end. Why did this happen? Though I did select 'Just lemme play a couple more turns', I want to not have to stop. And how many more turns does it let you play?
"The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau
johncmcleod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 18, 2002, 01:44   #2
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Local Time: 15:52
I have this victory disabled, but i think you only need a majority (or a plurality ...not sure exactly which...) to win. After you do win, you can keep playing for as long as you like, but no score will be accumulated.
ixnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20, 2002, 05:35   #3
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

To avoid frustration, or embarassment, build the UN. When it asks you for a vote, say no. Diplomatic victory will then be bypassed.

If you are unable to build the UN by the early Modern Age, pack it in. You prolly won't win.

Say yes to UN vote if you are tiring of your game and wish to record a *win* in the Hall of Fame AND are very sure how the votes will go.
notyoueither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20, 2002, 05:39   #4
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Note. It is a simple majority.

If you wish to bail in your game and still *win*, make sure you give many gifts to as many civs as possible immediately prior to completion of the UN. Start with the border line civs. The ones who aren't extatic about you.

Some people give cities.
notyoueither is offline   Reply With Quote