Old July 8, 2002, 19:36   #331
Dale
Emperor

Local Time: 07:56
Local Date: November 1, 2010
IW:

In AddSuburb.......

- Should "radius = GetCityRadius(HowBig);" be "radius = GetCityRadius(GrowingCity);" on line 20 of AddSuburb?

- Line 52 of AddSuburb: tmp2Loc not set to anything (new variable). Should it be tmpLoc?

- Line 58: Check who owns the cell.

- When checking under radius = 1, why do you need to go to 9? There's only 8 + city squares available to use. If a city needs the second radius to add a suburb, then shouldn't we add an overcrowding event till it expands to radius 2? I bet you don't see you're local City Council zoning land outside of it's influence.

I stopped looking after radius 1 as a size 6 city is still radius 1. Hope this helps mate.
Old July 8, 2002, 19:48   #332
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Local Time: 22:56
Local Date: October 31, 2010

I'm so bad at spotting errors...

Cheers Dale

I hope it just crashed under sheer weight of errors.

I'm going away for a week, from Wednesday, but I'll sort it all out when I get back. I hope.

Now I have to go back to my coursework that's due in tomorrow, and my computer just ate half of.
Old July 9, 2002, 10:04   #333
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

[QUOTE] Originally posted by Dale
- Should "radius = GetCityRadius(HowBig);" be "radius = GetCityRadius(GrowingCity);" on line 20 of AddSuburb?
[quote]
No, it does use the population, not the city.
Quote:
- Line 52 of AddSuburb: tmp2Loc not set to anything (new variable). Should it be tmpLoc?
Yup
Quote:
- Line 58: Check who owns the cell.
That should be checked previously, in the while() loop.
Quote:
- When checking under radius = 1, why do you need to go to 9? There's only 8 + city squares available to use.
It only looks for 8. It actually looks for any tiles, up to a maximum of 8 ( < 9). Its not a direction, just a counter.

Quote:
If a city needs the second radius to add a suburb, then shouldn't we add an overcrowding event till it expands to radius 2?
This should work, also, right at the end:
Code:
if(done == 0){
	AddPops(tmpCity, -1);
}
Old July 10, 2002, 07:15   #334
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

damn I've run out of time to sort all this out. I'll be away for the next week, but it should only take a day or two after that to get the wonders out.
I'm really sorry for the delay, I've had a ton of work to do in the last few days.
Old July 10, 2002, 07:54   #335
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 23:56
Sure, NP. We waited 4 months, we can wait another week
Old July 10, 2002, 09:18   #336
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

I'ts done. no time to upload. My parents will mail it to Locutus.
Old July 10, 2002, 19:28   #337
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 18:56
Hi all, it is my turn to have PC problems.
I was supposed to get a cable internet access. but my so hated PC didnt accept the drive. They took it off desintalling the modem. Now, i dont have neither the so wanted cable nor the slow and old yet loved 56K access. Thats is why i am not around for a while.

But i did not stoped with modding.

Remember the good sprite cretion bug i was having? when i got it working i did some cool graphics that can be used in your city expansion

What you guys think?

PS: really surprised me that you included the razed cities, IW. I thought they were going to be forgotten )
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	cities-1.1.png
Views:	97
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	19295  
-Jean Rostand
Old July 11, 2002, 04:32   #338
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

I got some files from IW, but I'm not sure if it's playable. It may require some debugging and it will certainly need finalization/to be incorporated into other mods: most of the wonders don't have their own tga graphics, GL texts, etc yet...

I will see tonight if I can bring it in a more or less usable state.

Pedrunn,
Sorry to hear about your PC trouble but the graphics look very nice
Old July 11, 2002, 05:20   #339
child of Thor
Call to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Local Time: 21:56
Hey, we're civ/ctp fans - we're still waiting for(and trying to create), that game we all want to play. So we can be patient I think it's great that it's even in a rough beta form - any testing needed i still got a couple of pc's ready to experiment with.
'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.
Old July 11, 2002, 18:09   #340
Locutus
Deity

Hmm, I messed with IW's files for a couple of hours but I can't seem to get the mod to work. I get a message that a Visible Wonder has been created but the wonder doesn't appear on the map. Maybe other people can have a look at it? For all I know I'm just overlooking something obvious... Here are the files as IW sent them to me. Mind you that you have to manually put them in the right folder and fix add some strings to the english folder, but other than that running the game shouldn't be a problem - making the wonders appear OTOH...
Old July 12, 2002, 11:04   #341
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

I downloaded the file twice. Once with GetRight and once with Netscape 4.78, both times I got a message that there were 14 bytes missing as I tried to open it with WinZip. I was able to extract some files from it with WinRar. I got two error messages with WinRar that the archieve is broken and finally an error message that there was an error in the file gtset565.til. This file is missing and it should replace the gtset565.til file in your ...\ctp2_data\default\graphics\tiles\ folder.

-Martin
Old July 12, 2002, 13:25   #342
Locutus
Deity

Hmm, that's odd. The file must have been damaged during upload. Well, I uploaded it again, does it work now?
Old July 12, 2002, 16:02   #343
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Now the *.zip file is ok. For the mod I would say it is now in alpha stage. First I had to go to the gamefile.txt and replace the:

CRAG_strings.txt entry with this entry:

IWW_strings.txt

Then I had to go to the IWW_info_str.txt and had to outcomment this line:

1 "owner = {city[0].owner}; wonder = {value[0]};"

Finnally I had to add these lines to the IWW_info_str.txt:

IWW_WONDER_PILLAGE "Wonder Pillage"
IWW_WONDER_PILLAGE_1 "Wonder Pillage 1"
IWW_WONDER_PILLAGE_2 "Wonder Pillage 2"

Of course the string values her are only dummy messages to get started quickly.

Then I tried to start a game but first it cost me thre restarts of my computer to realize that it is not a good idea to have the userprofile.txt write protected and try to start the game with the Bantus from ApolytonPack (instead of them a junk_string was displayed and the game crashed as I tryed to change this) Afterwards I disabled the write protection I was able to change the civ and could start a new game.

But now comes the problem, I went into the cheat editor and gave me one city with nine pops and some techs for a wonder. I put it into the build queue and rush bought it then hit end turn. Next turn the wonder was build (in the city), I got also the message but no wonder on the map. Unfortunatly I only was able to take a short look into the his code, but I notice that the enable advance of all his wonder tile imps is Subneural Ad. The problem here is that if you want to build a tile improvement you have to own the tile where you whish to build the tile improvement , you need enough PW and you have to own the enabling advance.

Fro the costs of these wonder tile imps shouldn't be a problem, also the tile ownership, but the enabling advance is the problem Ben's code doesn't give the wonder owner the enabling advance. It seems that this is not the only problem I put this GrantAdvance event into the CreadeWonder depending event handler but still no effect.

Another problem is that the code has to make shure that the tile improvement can be build on the considered tile. So far I didn't examined this part of the code but it could be a problem.

-Martin
Old July 17, 2002, 05:15   #344
Locutus
Deity

Thanks for the effort Martin. I think we'll just have to wait for IW to return and finish the code, looks like it might still involve a bit of work (and I for one don't have time to look into it right now).
Old July 17, 2002, 11:10   #345
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

whoopsee
Old July 17, 2002, 11:20   #346
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Martin Gühmann
For the mod I would say it is now in alpha stage.
That was the intention. I was hoping someone could look over them in the week I was away.
I have a few days now to get them sorted as I would have liked.
Quote:
Then I had to go to the IWW_info_str.txt and had to outcomment this line:

1 "owner = {city[0].owner}; wonder = {value[0]};"
You had to? Spare strings shouldn't interfere with it...

Quote:
Finnally I had to add these lines to the IWW_info_str.txt:

IWW_WONDER_PILLAGE "Wonder Pillage"
IWW_WONDER_PILLAGE_1 "Wonder Pillage 1"
IWW_WONDER_PILLAGE_2 "Wonder Pillage 2"

Of course the string values her are only dummy messages to get started quickly.
Oh damn. I removed the lines that called the messages, but not the messages themselves.
[/QUOTE]

The other problems about wonders not appearing are more of a worry, because it was working flawlessly for me when I finalised the code.
Old July 18, 2002, 09:38   #347
Martin Gühmann
staff
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
The other problems about wonders not appearing are more of a worry, because it was working flawlessly for me when I finalised the code.
Are you shure that you sent the finalized code to Wouter, I think from the script the code still needs to give the owner of the land for the new suburb the enabling tech of the suburb tile improvement. And maybe a little bit of terraforming would be good so that every city can have suburbs on land.

-Martin
Old July 18, 2002, 15:07   #348
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

It is the advances. In any mod to use this add-on, the advances for each timp are recommended to be the same as the enabling advance for the wonder in question.
The advances were set to Subneural Ads as a default one, and are not intended to stay that way.
Old July 18, 2002, 15:12   #349
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

ps. If you give yourself sub ads, further testing should work perfectly...
Am I correct in thinking that every tile next to a city has to belong to that city's owner? Or is there a set of circumstances where that is not the case?

Quote:
Remember the good sprite cretion bug i was having? when i got it working i did some cool graphics that can be used in your city expansion

What you guys think?
Brilliant
I hadn't even considered under-sea expansions That's really helpful! I wouldn't have been able to do such a good job on the razed ones especially.

Quote:
PS: really surprised me that you included the razed cities, IW. I thought they were going to be forgotten )
nope, full thing, just like BlueO's. Your future ones really helped
Old July 18, 2002, 18:46   #350
Locutus
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
Am I correct in thinking that every tile next to a city has to belong to that city's owner? Or is there a set of circumstances where that is not the case?
When cities are founded really close to each other, this may not always be the case. 99% of the time it should be though...
Old July 18, 2002, 18:56   #351
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

[Mr Burns' Mode]
Excellent...
[/Mr Burns' Mode]
Old July 19, 2002, 17:27   #352
J Bytheway
Call to Power PBEMCall to Power II Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Emperor

Don't forget that colony mod - those cities don't own the adjacent tiles (If I understood the thread correctly). I'm fairly sure colonies shouldn't be able to build wonders, though.

There are limits to how far you should take these compatibility worries, though.
Old July 19, 2002, 17:41   #353
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

yeah, that is true. But it should be simple one way or another to stop wonders being built in colonies.
Old July 19, 2002, 18:21   #354
Locutus
Deity

For colonnies you want this anyway:

mod_CanCityBuildWonder {
if (IsColony()) { return 0;} else {return 1;}
}

mod_CanCityBuildUnit {
}

mod_CanCityBuildBuilding {
}

... or something like that. Colonies are AFAIK not supposed to build anything...
Old July 19, 2002, 18:41   #355
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

yeah. Its the details of IsColony() that needs sorting...
Old July 19, 2002, 18:55   #356
Locutus
Deity

If (TileHasImprovement(city[0].location, TILEIMP_COLONY)) { return 1 } else { return 0}

(or something like that)
Old July 19, 2002, 19:07   #357
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Code:
HandleEvent(CreateCity) 'colony' pre{
    if(value[1] == UnitDB(UNIT_COLONIST)){
       Event:CreateImprovement(city[0].owner, city[0].location, TileImprovementDB(TILEIMP_COLONY), 0);
    }
}
?
Old July 19, 2002, 19:10   #358
Locutus
Deity

Exactly. Easy for identification, doesn't cost you any buildings or anything, can be used for possible additional bonuses as well (defense/movement bonus maybe?).
Old July 19, 2002, 19:59   #359
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

readme
Old July 20, 2002, 18:10   #360
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 18:56
Quote:
Brilliant
I hadn't even considered under-sea expansions That's really helpful! I wouldn't have been able to do such a good job on the razed ones especially.

nope, full thing, just like BlueO's. Your future ones really helped
I am glad you liked.

As for the BlueO expansion, we can just forget it.

It has a major bug! Since the city goods arent there at beggining of the game so their gold value isnt calculated.

Thos cause the good to have a astronomic value of thousand gold(I guess the maximum) because their rarity.
The only solution is to save and load the game. Because the games re-calculates the goods during loading. Yet having to load the gameseveral time is a game ruiner

So i guess i will wait you finish the mod to see cities expanding.

Samll thing: In the thanks, i gave the AI entity and not Martin
-Jean Rostand

Last edited by Pedrunn; July 20, 2002 at 18:17.