Old March 20, 2002, 02:43   #1
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 17:58
Local Date: October 31, 2010
And I was looking forward to "Mobile Forces"
http://www.avault.com/news/displayne...3192002-105943

Paying for online services just isn't going to happen for me. I know that most of the big RPGs have subscription prices, and that is the primary reason why I don't even bother with them.

Its not that I am cheap because I buy games all the time, but its the aggravation of signing-up and being billed for the subscriptions that keeps me away.
Old March 20, 2002, 07:21   #2
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 22:58
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Well I'd suggest that if you play the 1 player game, like it enough to try the multiplayer and are still playing that avidly two months later, paying $5-$10 a month for additional game time should not be too much to ask. They make the process very simple and these days you can usually finance it through methods other than credit cards. I try out many of the MMORPG's on the basis that if I still play them enough after the free month its worth a subscription. If I find myself going back to the game shop looking for something new rather than going online its time to cancel my account.

In a way I wish more software worked like this. Sell for considerably less but bring in revenue over time. A truly successful game would earn the company a lot of money without the need to produce endless unnecessary add-on packs or new versions. Bad games wouldn't cost the customer a fortune (for those of us who can't get a refund from the store) and the system of repeat charging might make piracy of the software less lucrative.