View Poll Results: What do you do with weak civs?
I help them by killing the stronger civs first. 16 21.62%
I give newlyconquered cities to the weakest civs when I got to many. 16 21.62%
I kill them right away, if you're weak, you deserve to die! 11 14.86%
I dont care about them, they either live or die 10 13.51%
They trade me bananas for their lives! 21 28.38%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 22, 2002, 01:16   #31
cassembler
Prince

Local Time: 15:59
Local Date: October 31, 2010
*****COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC ********************

LordAzreal, you have the coolest quote ever...

Quote:
What is with all this 'bananas' crap. What point am I missing here? Could someone please clarify what this obsession with bananas on the Apolyton forums is all about?
Bananas...
[MONKEY VOICE: agrivated]oo oo oo ah ah AH AHHH!!HA AAAAAHA H!!!!AHA!HAHAH!!!!!!!!AAAAAAAAAAAAA HHHHHHAAAAAAAA!!![/MONKEY VOICE]

*****ON TOPIC*********************************

This game has a much richer diplomatic model than Civ2. You can actually make and keep allies (try THAT in Civ2). You can be pissed at someone WITHOUT being at war with them!!! You can NOT BE AT WAR WITH SOMEONE!!!
I use this to my advantage. Obviously, giving a little civ some stuff to throw stones at an enemy is good. I try to think long term as well. Sure, the Egyptians are a medium sized non-threat. But if I let the Indians starve, they will be swallowed and then the Egyptians are that much stronger.

Most games so far have been me making relatively small conquests. I won't touch the other side of the world, but I'll make sure there's a balance of power there.
Old March 22, 2002, 16:35   #32
HuntrIsGod74831
Settler

Local Time: 21:59
i tend to give techs and sometimes resources to all civs to create client states that i trade newly discovered techs for ones they have that i dont. then i kill 'em...lol
Old March 22, 2002, 17:57   #33
Elucidus
C4WDG United Dungeon DwellersC4WDG StrategaC4WDG Huygen's UnionC4WDG Spamyard TeamC4WDG éirich tuireannC4WDG The GooniesC4WDG People's Army of the LadderC4WDG Calysium
Prince

Problem I have is that I don't know when the computer will decide it doesn't like me and attack me with a smile on its face.

Even when I donate things they sometimes attack without provocation. Of course someone else probably ends up paying them off or something. I don't knowl.
Old March 23, 2002, 02:54   #34
Beren
Warlord

Local Time: 22:59
The problem with weak civs is that there just as arrogant as any other civ. If they'd be more polite, I'd help them out. Now I know that they're trying to rid themselves of the poor position that they have and when they succeed they will attack.

Sometimes I liked a civ and decided to give back some land I conquerored of them recently in a war they started, but they were not more gracious at all.

I think Firaxis should do something about it. It would be really cool to have vassal states who do exactly as you tell them, but don't have the corruption problems of an oversized empire.
Old March 23, 2002, 03:07   #35
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Don't listen to drunk cows.

Banana is the pass word. He just doesn't want you to know.
Old March 23, 2002, 09:15   #36
Jason Beaudoin
Prince

Local Time: 16:59
I tend to take over weak civs just in increase the power of my own empire, however, if they have nothing to offer me, and are located far away, I do help them.

It's really a matter of circumstances.