Old March 20, 2002, 13:02   #1
EmperorMatthewI
Chieftain

Local Time: 15:59
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Who would you play as in a WWII sceanrio?
In an WWII scenario that covers the entire war who would you rather play as?

United States
United Kingdom
Soviet Union
Germany
Italy
Japan

For these are the nations youi have the choice of playing as in the scenario I am making.

Patience is an asset, if your plan is world conquest.
Old March 20, 2002, 13:06   #2
EmperorMatthewI
Chieftain

WHOOPS!!!
wrong category....Can you transfer this to another forum?

Old March 20, 2002, 14:16   #3
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 23:59
What country? Well, take a look at my profile. Today the IJsselmeer, tomorrow the world! Long live Wilhelmina
From the choices given, I would probably go for Germany, maybe Russia (those were my favourites in the original Civ2 scenario).

Move it? Where to? The CtP2-Creation forum? I think it's fine right here but if you insist on having it moved, I guess I can arrange that for you. Just tell me where to...
Old March 20, 2002, 16:16   #4
Dale
Emperor

Local Time: 07:59
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I would definitely have to say Soviet Union. They had a hard battle to survive in 42 & 43, and it's the sleeping giant of the era. Once 43 comes round then WAMMO! In WW2 games I like to race USA to Berlin and beyond.
Old March 21, 2002, 01:32   #5
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 14:59
I like a good challenge so either the Germans or the Japanese would be my choice. The Italians would be completely hopeless as would be playing neutrals such as Turkey or the Latin Americans. I think playing the allies would be to much like stacking the deck in my favor.
Old March 21, 2002, 08:56   #6
Cookie Monster
King

Local Time: 16:59
I'd play either Germany or Russia. Both of them have the coolest weapons and units!
Old March 21, 2002, 09:18   #7
Pedrunn
Call to Power II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 18:59
Sovietic Union or Germany
-Jean Rostand
Old March 21, 2002, 16:48   #8
Lab Rat
Settler

Local Time: 21:59
Come on! Germany and Russia? What sort of challenge is that? Id be the Brits. But only if this was with without me controlling the yanks too. Just trying to hold that small island on my own.
Old March 21, 2002, 17:18   #9
Cookie Monster
King

Local Time: 16:59
Quote:
Originally posted by Lab Rat
Come on! Germany and Russia? What sort of challenge is that? Id be the Brits. But only if this was with without me controlling the yanks too. Just trying to hold that small island on my own.
Playing as the UK during WWII is a definate challenge. You have to defend the Islands while at the same time attempting to strike back at the axis powers. But do they have the cool looking tanks, planes (well ok the Hurricane, Spitfire, Lancaster are all cool looking), and infantry?
Old March 21, 2002, 21:10   #10
Oerdin
Deity

Local Time: 14:59
It wouldn't be that bad when you consider you'd get control of half of Africa, Canada, Australia, south Asia, New Zealand, and the middle east (not counting other small colonies). All in all it would be challenging to defend the whole Empire but I bet you'd find everyone wants to be your friend because you can help them or hurt them in any theater.
You wouldn't be big enough to do the heavy lifting all by yourself but you'd certainly be big enough that the others would want you on there side. The really crap positions to play would be Vichy France, China, Italy, Spain, or Latin America.
Old March 21, 2002, 22:08   #11
EmperorMatthewI
Chieftain

Additional details...
Y'all may also want to take into account that depending who you play as, you will start the game on the day that nation entered the war. For example, if you played as the japanese, you would start on September 18, 1931 with the invasion of Manchuria, or if you played as the United States, you start on December 8, 1941, the day Congress declared war on Japan. Sorry, won't be able to prevent Pearl Harbor.

Old March 21, 2002, 23:41   #12
Lab Rat
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Oerdin
It wouldn't be that bad when you consider you'd get control of half of Africa, Canada, Australia, south Asia, New Zealand, and the middle east (not counting other small colonies). All in all it would be challenging to defend the whole Empire but I bet you'd find everyone wants to be your friend because you can help them or hurt them in any theater.
You wouldn't be big enough to do the heavy lifting all by yourself but you'd certainly be big enough that the others would want you on there side. The really crap positions to play would be Vichy France, China, Italy, Spain, or Latin America.
Well i didnt really say id choose the Brits because i thought it would be the hardest challenge, i was just being patriotic
Besides im not sure the small colonies would be included would they? Would be great if they were. I also wouldnt mind trying the Italians, reclaiming the Roman Empire an all that maybe not.

Quote:
Y'all may also want to take into account that depending who you play as, you will start the game on the day that nation entered the war. For example, if you played as the japanese, you would start on September 18, 1931 with the invasion of Manchuria, or if you played as the United States, you start on December 8, 1941, the day Congress declared war on Japan. Sorry, won't be able to prevent Pearl Harbor.
So would i be right in thinking the game would be far less short if you played as the US? Or have you planned round this somehow?
Old March 22, 2002, 14:01   #13
Locutus
Apolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 SP Democracy GameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamBtS Tri-LeagueC4BtSDG TemplarsC4WDG Team ApolytonCivilization IV CreatorsCTP2 Source Code ProjectPolyCast Team
Deity

Local Time: 23:59
Re: Additional details...
Quote:
Originally posted by EmperorMatthewI
Out of curiousity, when does the scenario start for Germany? September '39? Is war with Poland avoidable? (Not that I would want to avoid it )

Sounds like you put a LOT of work into it, it's basically is a 6-in-1 scenario pack rather than a single scenario... Can't wait to play it...
Old March 24, 2002, 18:48   #14
yservel
Settler

Hello....Nobody mentioned Poland or France??? Why?????

I think Italy would be the best nation to play provided you allow some historical "concessions"....

Some suggestions:

The starting date would be the invasion of Ethopia in 36...

The first challenge would be to strenghen the Italian economy and to develop the italian heavy industry. (Italy could try to improve their diplomatic relation with Russia to import raw materials for instance...)

In some Web site, plans of aircraft the Italians have planned to develop had the itaklians stayed in War after 43 are available or laternatively, they could use the german tanks or aircrafts designs (to simulate a full germano-italian cooperation)

With these relatively "minor" modifications (it could have happened), I think Italy would be a really interesting nation to play.

The second best choice would be Poland
Old March 24, 2002, 19:08   #15
yservel
Settler

Or why not Switzerland????