Old March 4, 2003, 19:13   #361
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 17:03
Local Date: October 31, 2010
If you check the save, you'll see I have things under control
Old March 4, 2003, 23:56   #362
Dr. Nick
Spanish CiversApolytoners Hall of Fame
Deity

Local Time: 19:03
Henriiiiiiiiiik!
Old March 5, 2003, 10:05   #363
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Local Time: 23:03
Bah, I stay offline for one day and get bumped
I'll play now
Old March 5, 2003, 12:58   #364
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

America invaded!

Japanese troops has once again proved themselves superior to their American counterparts, as a coordinated major invassion of the USA was launched this month.

After intensive bombing and bombardment of the Los Angeles area, destroying all major defensive installations, a large contignent of Japanese troop transports arrived in the harbour of Los Angeles.
The remaining soldiers garrisoned in the area was easily subdued by the imperial army and city has been heavily garrisoned to protect it from possible American counter-attacks.

It is beleived that the sack of Washington DC, as intended has drawn major contignents of American forces, previously preparing to launch a counter-invassion on Japan, from the west coast to the eastern parts of the country.
This allowed for a bridgehead to be estabilished by the Imperial Japanese army in Los Angeles.

A small group of assigned raiders has been sent ahead with orders to cause as much havoc and ruin in the path of the advancing army as possible. These troops where able to temporarily seize controll in the cities of Pheonix, Albuquerque and Dallas, these cities and the surounding was then promptly rendered as unusuable as possible.
When scouring the Albuquerque area a most unusual find was made, the Japanese elite troops uncovered a major research complex in the dessert. It appears, american scientists had been working on some such of super bomb there...
The entire laboratory complex was promptly de-constructed and sent back to Los Angeles, there it will await a transport capable of shiping it all to Japan...

Scout planes preparing for the invassion also sighted several American Battleships with acompanying cruisers, submarines and Destroyers south of Los Angeles headed towards Panama. What followed was the most intense bombardment of ocean based structures so far in this war.
While the ships defended themselves well, they didn't stand a chance, tons upon tons of bombs where dropped upon the task force, currently not a single battleship remains...
3 of the destroyed battleships are believed to have been of a super heavy class similar to that of Japan's flagships.

In the Indian theatre, Ceylon was repeatedly bombed, although it is feared many of the forces stationed there are still quite able to conduct a landing.
The Brittish troops in Pakistan where also anihilated, although the city of Karachi still remains in Brittish hands.

In Russia Nerchinsk was seized by Japanese forces after serious bombing by the Imperial Airforce. A nearby road was also pillaged to avoid soviet conter offensives.

Attached Files:
File Type: net turn22.net (221.4 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by Henrik; March 5, 2003 at 13:03.
Old March 5, 2003, 15:48   #365
Dr. Nick
Deity

German troops mop up dispersed bands of Russian partisans and take aspirin to be rid of the headaches they are causing the Reich.

Damn bolsheviks!
Attached Files:
File Type: net reichturn22.net (221.4 KB, 2 views)
Old March 8, 2003, 06:03   #366
Case
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 08:03
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Anzac, do you have a save game for the US turn? I need one to be able to get lazyciv to run.

(sorry about the delay folks - I've had an insanely busy week)
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
- Neal Stephenson, Cryptonomicon
Old March 8, 2003, 10:58   #367
The ANZAC
King

here it is, this is the most recent
Attached Files:
File Type: net usa1943aug.net (221.4 KB, 4 views)
Old March 9, 2003, 05:41   #368
Henrik
Emperor

And a map of the current world situation (I hope I didn't forget anything):
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	world2.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	39206  
Old March 9, 2003, 05:47   #369
Case
Emperor

Fo some reason, when I load the file ANZAC's posted, it plays the Chinese then Japanese turns.
'Arguing with anonymous strangers on the internet is a sucker's game because they almost always turn out to be - or to be indistinguishable from - self-righteous sixteen year olds possessing infinite amounts of free time.'
Old March 9, 2003, 05:58   #370
Henrik
Emperor

I think ANZAC posted the wrong file, I tried loading it and I am almost sure it's the exact one I played from (all the britt units are where they where during my turn)...
Old March 9, 2003, 23:34   #371
The ANZAC
King

This file then? What month do you need?
Attached Files:
File Type: net usa1943july.net (221.4 KB, 0 views)
Old March 10, 2003, 01:42   #372
Case
Emperor

I need the file with the US save game at the end of August, but the one you posted under that name seems to be something different Open it up as the US and see for yourself
Old March 10, 2003, 19:47   #373
The ANZAC
King

ok I overwrote the US turn one of the times I was playing But this is the same turn except at the beginning from the autosave, so will it work if you want to get the production?
Attached Files:
File Type: net usa1943aug.net (221.4 KB, 2 views)
Old March 13, 2003, 17:12   #374
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

BUMP
Old March 14, 2003, 23:37   #375
Case
Emperor

I just tried to play the turn, and I'm afraid that that's still the wrong file - it's the file for the Start of the last US Turn (eg, the one before the invasion of France).

I'm prepared to play from the original turn ANZAC posted without using lazy civ, but I think that I'm going to need a months grace from attacks - every time I load the turn the only thing the US cities are buiding are half tracks!
Old March 15, 2003, 11:54   #376
The ANZAC
King

can't you lazy civ from the turn I posted? I guess you can just hti space bar for all the units so you get to end turn and run lazy civ from there, no?
Old March 15, 2003, 18:26   #377
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

IIRC, you can just load ANZAC's turn for both Angloallies or the Soviet turn conventionally (in SP) as the U.S., other civs' units wouldn't move, and then hit 'copy' and paste into the MP game as you usually do. In fact, 90% of the time I load in SP to copy with lazyciv just because it's quicker. I'm guessing you tried this already?
Old March 15, 2003, 19:17   #378
The ANZAC
King

Yeah I thought that or some variation of it would work
Old March 15, 2003, 19:29   #379
Case
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Darius871
IIRC, you can just load ANZAC's turn for both Angloallies or the Soviet turn conventionally (in SP) as the U.S., other civs' units wouldn't move, and then hit 'copy' and paste into the MP game as you usually do. In fact, 90% of the time I load in SP to copy with lazyciv just because it's quicker. I'm guessing you tried this already?
Um, no - I hadn't even thought of it to be honest I'll try it this afternoon.
Old March 16, 2003, 00:12   #380
Case
Emperor

Sorry about the wait
- I think that that sums up the US's current situation
Attached Files:
File Type: net usa1943sept.net (221.4 KB, 2 views)
Old March 16, 2003, 16:41   #381
The ANZAC
King

nothing much
Attached Files:
File Type: net uk1943sept.net (221.4 KB, 1 views)
Old March 26, 2003, 02:20   #382
Henrik
Emperor

BUMP for darius.
Old March 26, 2003, 14:03   #383
sas
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 22:03
Posting for Darius, since he's got problems logging on.

- Soviets screwed
Attached Files:
File Type: net soviets_1943_oct.net (221.4 KB, 1 views)
Old March 26, 2003, 14:48   #384
Henrik
Emperor

Aden conquered.

Japanese pilots learns to respect the chinese airforce after having lost a bomber squadron to defending Chinese fighters

Bridgehead in the US strengthened.

Honorary mention goes to the last defenders of Panama, who while knowing that they have no chance for survival, managed to sink a loaded american transport just outside the city.

A few russians where killed in minor skirmishes along the siberian front.
Attached Files:
File Type: net turn23.net (221.4 KB, 2 views)
Old March 26, 2003, 16:41   #385
Dr. Nick
Deity

The Wermacht closes in on Moscow and Leningrad. We'll be back from the Ostfront by Christmas!
Attached Files:
File Type: net reichturn23.net (221.4 KB, 1 views)
Old March 29, 2003, 05:34   #386
Case
Emperor

The United States continues to prepare a devestating counter attack.

Honest
Attached Files:
File Type: net usa1943oct.net (221.4 KB, 3 views)
Old April 7, 2003, 16:56   #387
The ANZAC
King

sorry here is the turn
Attached Files:
File Type: net uk1943oct.net (221.4 KB, 1 views)
Old April 11, 2003, 09:54   #388
Henrik
Emperor

Bump for Darius...
Old April 11, 2003, 12:05   #389
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

- Finally we saw some Japanese troops which weren't made completely invincible by air support. Two infantry divisions wiped out southeast of Kirensk.

- A Russian counterattack has bypassed the fortified tanks southwest of Moscow and retaken Kalinin. A division of Panzergrenadiers were destroyed inside the city, and two stacked King Tiger divisions were destroyed to the southwest. Even so, it's looking like Moscow could fall this month.

- Hamburg falls! As the German offensive through the Baltic states was obviously launched from Hamburg, it was expected to be poorly defended and would be a far better target for our artillery than the virtually invincible Tigers in and around Riga. The ancient city was attacked by Russian artillery in a daring amphibious raid similar to our capture of Denmark earlier this year. Indeed, the city was only defended by anti-aircraft artillery, and our troops captured the German city with ease after our 4 AA batteries were destroyed. Numerous city improvements were burned in the battle, and we also sold one for a huge sum in gold. To make matters better, the Peenemunde complex has been completely gutted and its equipment and scientists are now working hard in Siberia for Soviet research. The city will of course not be held, but we have at least hopefully bought Leningrad some time, not to mention that any cities supported from Hamburg have now disbanded, and that one of Germany's finest cities now lies in ruin:

The remains of Hamburg after razing by the Red Army, picture taken
on the 5th of November.
Attached Files:
File Type: zip soviets_1943_nov.zip (53.3 KB, 1 views)

Last edited by Darius871; December 2, 2003 at 19:09.
Old April 11, 2003, 15:24   #390
Henrik
Emperor

Hoover dam, the kuwait oil fields and FDRs new deal are now in japanese hands...

A minor russian city or two was destroyed...
Attached Files:
File Type: net turn24.net (221.4 KB, 1 views)