Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 08:44
Local Date: October 31, 2010
quote:

Originally posted by don Don on 02-04-2001 01:17 AM
"Without a unit workshop, I won't buy the game."

Reminds me of certain celebrity leftists who whine at every election that they would "move to Canada" (or wherever) if so-and-so isn't elected. Cry me a river.

This is completely uncalled for.

If you don't agree with his view, state your reason why. Sitcking a label on another person to demonise him or her is just plain low.

It's not like rightwingers have not threatened to move either. Just look at the MSFT case and you can see lots of MS supporters screaming, "Lets pack up and move somewhere."
Old February 6, 2001, 10:11   #32
Grumbold
Emperor

Local Time: 01:44
Darn. I just read your Feb 04 post Korn and thought "what this sounds like is like SimCity 3000 on a much bigger scale." Then I read your Feb 05 post

If Firaxis could make an ordinance "tree" that grew and changed with the passage of time and changing scientific and cultural values that would be brilliant. Particularly if the effects of differing combinations of ordinances were not felt immediately but built up over time. That would actually lead to the sort of situations we have had in the real world, with badly chosen or antiquated policies slowly fuelling resentment until one final straw suddenly explodes into revolt, repression or emigration. This would help to banish the eternal China syndrome, one of Firaxis' stated ambitions. Getting it right would make designing the perfect tech tree look easy, of course

On the Unit Workshop, all I can say is that without it I can't invisage ever having a fight between the Persian phalanx, sling and elephant army and the Byzantine legion, archer and cataphractoi. There will be insufficient incentive to adopt different army types even if the diversity is available.
Old February 6, 2001, 11:00   #33
korn469
Emperor

Local Time: 19:44
Local Date: October 30, 2010
last night apolyton was down for routine maintance but this was after i typed a monster post full of ordinances and what their game effects would be. needless to say all of it got lost when i hit submit.

so today on break i will retype part of that post detailing some examples of ordinances...i will elaborate on the following:

constitution
bill of rights
secret police
universal health care
conscription

korn469
Old February 6, 2001, 11:37   #34
Henrik
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-CreationNationStatesMacCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontSpanish CiversCivilization IV Creators
Emperor

Local Time: 01:44
Why don't you start a new thread for this interesting government idea?
That way you might get firaxis attention easier.
Old February 6, 2001, 14:14   #35
korn469
Emperor

Local Time: 19:44
Local Date: October 30, 2010
i started a new thread...check it out

korn469