Old August 30, 2002, 04:02   #31
vmxa1
PtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 18:06
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Selkirk
Because barracks heal units, a small number of defenders can completely defeat an endless string of small numbers of attackers. The AI seems to simply send an endless stream of units toward its targets as they are produced. I think you can see the effect of this in the number of AI vs AI wars where no cities ever change hands. Also, The AIs inability to coordinate the time the attack of different units results in the AIs complete inability to wage an effective intercontinental war.
This is a big flaw in the war aspect of the AI. I had spies every where and looked at the totals of units and it barely came down as I clobber lots of units. The reason is that it only sent the newly generated ones and an occasional reserve or two. I understand they need to retain some troops for self defense, but even those that had no others wars and I cold not get at held their forces back. Of course if they had not, I would have had to change all my plans.
Old August 30, 2002, 04:09   #32
vmxa1
Deity

Originally posted by Pius Popprasch
"-A.I. should never sign more than ONE MPP. A.I. should do some calcs before agreeing to an alliance."

I would love to see some sanity in this area. Limit to a few or do like STUN does it. There you need to build up trust and each learn a tech before you cam make allies and federations. At least no MPP's with a civ already at war. That would be insane, especially if the civ you will go to war with is larger than you.

Yeah no caravans for me, what a paint they are.
Old August 30, 2002, 04:12   #33
vmxa1
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by Gen.Dragolen
Catastophic Events:
D.
No, please no. I hate random events, at least make it an option, not force it on us. It would kill the game for me.