Old March 25, 2002, 20:39   #1
Stevie Butane
Settler

Local Time: 14:11
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Have governor adjust moods without ending turn?
Alright, I've been reading these forums for about 2 hours now to make sure I'm not asking a question that someone else has answered.

Here's the scenerio... I'm at war with the jackass Persians.. well, they have 1 of the 2 oil resources on the entire globe (if I've traded world maps before the appearance of oil, oil should show up on those outdated maps, right?). All of my cities are governed such that moods are managed by a governor (how can you not run a large empire without this?).

When I adjust the luxury spending on the city manager screen, entertainers that are no longer needed remain entertainers. My net income is way negative... which is inaccurate because the governors will adjust for the new luxury spending at the end or beginning of my next turn (I can't tell which). The problem is that I have no idea what my new profit/loss will be. The only way I can figure out to get this fixed is to visit each city, click on the city, answer yes I wanna manually manage the citizens, then after all that, go back and set governor to manage moods for all cities. This seems exceptionally tedious.

Am I making sense here? What I want is to have my governors adjust the amount of entertainers in each city without ending my turn so I can maximize my science spending for that turn without going negative in cash flow. Is this possible?

Also... I've noticed that in a city of 6 without an aquaduct, a governor instructed to emphasize production will still favor a sea tile that gives the city 1 stored food/turn instead of a mined hill that zero's the city's growth. This seems to be a bug since the city CAN'T grow, why favor food over shields?

Thanks for any help you guys can give.
Stevie Butane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2002, 05:20   #2
notyoueither
Civilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Deity

Local Time: 16:11
Local Date: October 31, 2010
You've discovered a problem.

All the governors seem to be from the J. Stalin school of ineptitude. *Sigh*

What I do. If a city can't grow, why have it auto managed? I manage it myself. Once it can grow again I may turn the commissar, er governor, back on. Or maybe not.
notyoueither is offline   Reply With Quote