Old March 26, 2002, 18:51   #1
Pap1723
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Prince

Local Time: 16:13
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Magyar and Pap Square Off!
Pap and MagyarCrusader are squaring off in a head to head war in FMK's 2194 PBEM Scenario.

Pap----------Japanese and Germans
Magyar----------USA, Britain, and Soviets

Pap
Old March 26, 2002, 19:18   #2
Pap1723
Prince

Japanese launch suprise attack throughout the Pacific!

On December 7th, 1941, Japanese aircraft took off from carriers in the Pacific. Their target: Pearl Harbor. The aircraft scored a decisive victory in completely emliminating the United States' Pacific Navy. All of the units stationed in Pearl Harbor were completely destroyed and many of the Japanese planes landed at the airfields east of Pearl Harbor.

A new Yamato class Battleship that was stationed in Tokyo in November also secretly set sail for Midway Island. This "Super Battleship" destroyed all of the units stationed at Midway after a sustained barrage.

A carrier group was also able to destroy one of the American carriers in the North Pacific. After a fierce air battle, the Japanese bombers finally crippled the American carrier and it sunk shortly afterwards.

In China, the Chinese continue to fight fiercely and gains are very slow. We were able to take over Kunming and British held Hong Kong.

Japanese troops also launched campaigns throughout the rest of the Pacific. They were able to take over Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Singapore, Tarakan, Manila, Guam, Ambon, and Surabaya. Davao was also destroyed.

The Japanese made many of these advances without very many losses at all!

Pap

Old March 26, 2002, 19:45   #3
Pap1723
Prince

Operation Barbarossa continues despite the harsh Russian winter. While the advances were not as fast as in the initial summer months, advances were still made, including the taking of the very important Leningrad.

Advances were made over the entire front as our troops captured Sevastopol, Rostov, Kharkov, and Kalinin.

The month of December also saw victories in the North Afrikan Campaign. Our troops took over Algiers and British held Alexandria.

Pap

Attached Files:
File Type: net axis1941dec.net (221.4 KB, 1 views)
Old March 26, 2002, 19:46   #4
Pap1723
Prince

Magyar,
Here is the rules file that I edited with those changes we talked about.

Pap
Attached Files:
File Type: txt rules.txt (24.7 KB, 1 views)
Old March 28, 2002, 04:03   #5
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 14:13
Wow... moving 4 civs in this scenario sure takes a long time. I'm kinda sapped right now... so forgive this crappy narration.

America is shocked as Roosevelt's stupidity in exposing the entire Pacific Fleet to the Japs at Pearl Harbor. The people plan for a quick and brutal invasion of Japan, followed by a public hanging of FDR.

British ****ers sack the sandy cities of Alexandria and Benghazi. Commandos lead a minor expedition into Norway and Denmark. The Wehrmacht should just ignore this.

The Chinese fight like.... Chinese!

The fall of Leningrad has enraged the all loving Comrade Stalin. He orders a scorched earth policy that leaves roads, fortresses, and even capitalist sympathizers in shambles. Meanwhile... a tree falls somewhere in the midst of Siberia...

phew!
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1942jan.net (221.4 KB, 2 views)
Old March 28, 2002, 04:05   #6
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Oh my, they censored out w a n k e r s.

BTW Pap. sorry it took 2 days to do my turn. I was kinda hoping we could do 1 turn per day to make it go quick... But I'll try my best. Just go ahead and thin out the Allied ranks a bit.
Old March 28, 2002, 06:03   #7
Pap1723
Prince

The spread of Fascism has slowed to a crawl. Japanese units were able to station troops in Hawaii, and have secured the major port of Pearl Harbor! Other Japanese forces were able to defeat the Americans at Padang, and it has similarly been taken over and garrisoned.

Germany was shocked after Britain opened a second front in Norway and Denmark. Despite their best attempts, German troops weren't able to liberate these countries. Germany did strike a major blow to the economy of the Soviet Union, by taking over the major oil fields near Baku. German troops, aided by GFM Rommel, were able to liberate the city of Alexandria. While things may look promising now, the German command fears that the war in North Afrika may take longer than expected.

Pap
Attached Files:
File Type: net axis1942jan.net (221.4 KB, 5 views)
Old March 28, 2002, 17:51   #8
Pap1723
Prince

Magyar,
I am going home tonight for Easter, so I won't be ab;t to play til Monday. I'll post sometime Monday.

Pap
Old April 1, 2002, 00:44   #9
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Hi Pap, I hoped you enjoyed your vacation. I was out of town for the weekend as well, so I didn't get a chance to do my turn and I don't have time right now.
But tomorrow (monday) after I get home from work I'll do my turn, or at least most of it. Then the game should get moving.
Old April 2, 2002, 00:18   #10
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

America takes her sweet time assesing her military might.

Britain utterly destroys Rommel's forces in Alexandria, paving the way for the fall of the rest of North Afrika.

The Chinese report they have the Japs precisely where they want them, and are about to unleash their secret weapon...

The people of the Soviet Union get liquored up on vodka and charge blinded into the Baku oil fields, liberating the region after a classic display how massive numbers in suicidal assaults can overcome any obstacle.
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1942feb.net (221.4 KB, 1 views)
Old April 2, 2002, 03:22   #11
Pap1723
Prince

Japan is threatening America's west coast!

After finally stationing troops on Midway island, the Japanese used their resources from there and in Hawaii to attack the west coast of the USA. While ground units were not available to occupy the cities, all of the units stationed in Houston, San Fransisco, Los Angeles, and Salt Lake City were completely destroyed.

Japanese troops also continued thier advance on Australia by taking over the British city of Rabaul.

German advance still slow in winter months.

German troops were able to retake two of the cities that Allied troops occupied for a short time in January.

The war in North Africa is not going well, Rommel is retreating, and it does not lok like there will be much help coming soon.

Japanese cities:
Midway
Rabaul

German cities:
Lille
Baku
Attached Files:
File Type: net axis1942feb.net (221.4 KB, 1 views)
Old April 2, 2002, 22:44   #12
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

AI acts like a jackass. America becomes as impotent as Bob Dole.

Britain jacks Rommel out of Tripoli. Retakes the shores of Belgium and occupies Lille. And a secret force lands at Toulouse...

The Soviet Union also gets jacked by the AI and in consquence... can't do much of anything.
Attached Files:
File Type: net 1942mar.net (221.4 KB, 1 views)
Old April 3, 2002, 13:24   #13
Pap1723
Prince

Japan uses amazing Blitzkreig tactics, learned from their allies the Germans, to take over many cities in America!!

After taking Chunking in China, Japanese generals discussed the possibility of an invasion of America. Using misdirection techniques, the Japanese invaded America with very little resistance. After landing and taking over Los Angeles, Imperial Marines moved into the bombed out cities of San Francisco, Phoenix, Albuquerque, and Dallas.

The Japanese government is feeling very sure about themselves after nothing but victories throughout the Pacific.

In Germany, things are not looking good. After Britain and the United States opened up a second front by invading France, German troops are confused as to where to counterattack.
Lille has been completely destroyed after repeated bombing by both the Allies and Germany.

Troops in Russia made another blow to the Soviet morale by taking over the city of Stalingrad.

The situation in Europe does not look good.

Pap
Attached Files:
File Type: net axis1942mar.net (221.4 KB, 3 views)