Old March 27, 2002, 15:35   #1
Marko
Prince

Local Time: 22:14
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Prince of Darkness
Having a bit rest from TSFE, I'm currently playing Techumseh's Prince of Darkness scenario. When I play Civ2, I usually write some short stories about my games. Of course I do it in Estonian but here I try to translate it to English. Maybe somebody find it interesting..

So, here we go:

PRINCE OF DARKNESS
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	1thoth83.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	34.5 KB
ID:	12029  
Old March 27, 2002, 15:38   #2
Marko
Prince

CHAPTER I
INAUGURATION
Thoth 83 - Sobek 83

Murabi, new high sultan of Euphrattis, ascends to throne. He decides to celebrate the event with completion of The Great Book of Enlightenment.
In Sobek 83, The Book is completed. The name of Murabi is now forever written to history and should not to be forgotten.

Now, when the party has ended, the sultan is starting his rule. Among many reports he hear that in western coast of Euphrattis people have seen unknown sea monster swimming around. Does it mean something about his rule? Nobody knows. After listening his advisors Murabi decided that he will not satisfy with completion of The Book but will do much more. All these "independent" barbarian cities around his borders must know who is the sultan and will be included to the Sultanate of Euphrattis. Strong army must be created and barbarian city of Jubriga will be the first target.

The map of Euphrattis sultanate:
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	2sobek83.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	5.1 KB
ID:	12030  
Old March 27, 2002, 15:40   #3
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

Local Time: 23:14
where can i download the scenario??

it´s for civ2???
Old March 27, 2002, 15:56   #4
Marko
Prince

It was a long time ago when I downloaded it. Prince of Darkness is not a new scenario. But I think that Civfanatics have it in their database:

Fantasy Scenarios

It is for MGE. But I often convert scenarios before playing to ToT because of the more interesting AI. So, my game here is played with ToT version of the scenario.
Old March 28, 2002, 00:16   #5
MagyarCrusader
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 14:14
Quote:
Of course I do it in Estonian
An off topic question... If one could read Hungarian, could he also read Estonian? I remember you did mention that Finns and Estonians can understand each other, but what about the other Uralic languages?
Old March 28, 2002, 01:19   #6
Soundwave
Prince

Local Time: 10:14
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Off Topic again, i wanna learn a different language!@! Other than Maori and English!
Old March 28, 2002, 15:54   #7
Marko
Prince

Quote:
An off topic question... If one could read Hungarian, could he also read Estonian? I remember you did mention that Finns and Estonians can understand each other, but what about the other Uralic languages?
I know rather little about lingvistics. I have heard that Estonian-Finnish and Hungarian represent two distinct branches of Fenno-Ugrian languages. So they are not very similiar (there are only about 200 common words in Finnish and Hungarian languages). But their grammar, pronunciation etc are quite similiar.

Here are an example, compare yourself:

Estonian: Jaa all talvel elavad kalad ujuvad.
Finnish: Jaan alla talvella elavat kalat uiskentelevat.
Hungarian: Jeg alatt telen eleven halak uszkalnak.
English: Ice under in-winter living fish swim.
= In wintertime living fish swim under the ice.

Ok, back to the topic.
Old March 28, 2002, 16:02   #8
Marko
Prince

CHAPTER II
LORD VLADIMIR
Amon 83

A strange knight, Lord Vladimir, arrives in Euphrattia and demanded audience to the sultan. He told that he has a prophesy and his mission is to lead the Quest and defeat the evil Stygians. Lord Vladimir said that he will teach the sultan's craftsmen to build a warship capable of defeating the sea monsters which infest the oceans. But only when sultan helps him to build such ship and supply his expedition to the city of Quinsay. There he must defeat the barbarian prince Igor and free the Chaldean Circle from inprisonment. At the same time messengers from the west coast told that the sea monster has been seen again.

Sultan decides to help the Lord and gave orders to build two warships: one for Vladimir in Samarra city on west coast and another in Nineveh city on east coast for the royal navy. He also orders to gather a small army for the Lord's expedition: cavalry, spearmen, 2 catapults, diplomat and a boat. As long as everything is prepared the knight is a welcomed quest in sultan's palace.

Murabi thought that he has done a good business: helping the knight he show to people that he is doing something against these sea monsters who terrorize people on coast, also his navy has now got powerful warships and when Vladimir is gone for good he can return to his war plans against these barbarian "independents".

Lord Vladimir arrives..
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	3amon83.jpg
Views:	265
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	12138  
Old March 30, 2002, 04:01   #9
Marko
Prince

CHAPTER III
VLADIMIR GOES TO WAR
Isis 82 - Ptah 82

Meanwhile, sultan decides to send a small expedition up the west coast with boat and cavalry. The task of the expedition is to map nortern seaways and find out what is behind the barbarian city Borazjan. The leader of the expedition is Plengor, young and ambitious captain.

Some Murabi's advisors, who were disturbed by Lord Vladimir's presence in royal palace, suggested to use the knight in war against the barbarian cities. In sultan's opinion it was a wonderful idea. He told to Vladimir that supplying his expedition demands great effort from sultanate and takes time. But if Vladimir agrees to help the sultan to conquer the city of Jubriga then the sultanate is strong enough for finishing all preparations at great speed. Vladimir agreed and crossed the mountains to join the army who was gathering north of Jubriga.

In Seth 82 the small army from spearmen and catapults lead by Vladimir captured Jubriga. Lord Vladimir proved to be very strong and talented. Seeing this, sultan Murabi asked the knight to capture nearby independent city Pilona too. He promised that as soon as Vladimir returns from Pilona his expedition is ready to go. Knight agreed and in Ptah 82 captured this city too.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	4seth82.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	12232  
Old March 31, 2002, 06:57   #10
Marko
Prince

CHAPTER IV
STYGIANS APPEAR TO THE SCENE
Sobek 82 - Re 81

Things are going extremely well, thought sultan. Sad that I can't have Vladimir as my loyal servant but even now the borders of sultanate are already greatly enlarged. Now my army will be gathered to Akkad in north. When Plengor's expedition returns and his news about northern lands are not bad, then barbarian cities Hamadan and Borazjan will be conquered.

So, in Isis 81 Lord Vladimir started his travel toward far Quinsay. He had warship, boat, 2 catapults, cavalry, spearmen and diplomat with him.

The same month fishermen from Samarra told that previous barbarian city Tingis over the western sea has fallen to unknown conquerors.

In Re 81 Plengor returns from his expedition with few men. He told that northern part of the continent is cold wilderness full of mountain ranges. Also there are no sea-passage to east. In his way back Plengor traveled along the western shore of the sea. He discovered there Stygian city Alalia and saw terrible monsters called wraths and minions. Seems that Stygians are conquered all the western lands.
Near Eridu peninsula a sea-monster attacked and sank their ship and only Plengor and some his men managed to escape and swam to the peninsula.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	5isis81.jpg
Views:	221
Size:	27.9 KB
ID:	12263  
Old March 31, 2002, 09:06   #11
techumseh
Civilization II PBEMScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 16:14
No one is enjoying this more than the author, but I must warn you of a hazard ahead. No, it's not the Stygians - it's Courtly Fashion, otherwise known as Invention. In the original FW version, discovery of Invention changes the look of the people only. But in ToT it also changes the city graphic to the renaissance style as well. If you used the civconverter, there is no new city style provided for this, so eventually all the cities start to look like this.

So you may wish to either take Courtly Fashion out of the techtree and bridge the prereqs (preferred since each civ already has a distinctive city style) or just paste a more appropriate city style into the renaissance slot.

Now back to the wise(?) Murabi and the brave(!) Prince Vladimir.
Attached Images:

Last edited by techumseh; March 31, 2002 at 09:18.
Old March 31, 2002, 11:14   #12
Marko
Prince

Thank you for warning (and for the scenario). I'll replace the Renaissance graphics.
Old April 1, 2002, 14:03   #13
Marko
Prince

CHAPTER V
WAR WOLVES
Anubis 81 - Horus 81

The next barbarian cities which will be added to the sultanate are Borazjan and Hamadan. Hamadan doesn't have city walls, so it will be attacked first. Meanwhile diplomats will try to sneak in and demolish Borazjan's defence buildings. Sultan appointed Plengor as the commander of the northern army.

In Anubis 81 Stygian War wolves suddenly descended from mountains and appeared near Samarra. The wolves pillaged villages, destroyed irrigation and attacked Samarra. It made more than a clear that Stygians are evil and dangerous race. Sultan ordered to send a battalion of spearmen to mountains for seeking out from where the wolves came.

In Nephthys 81 the second warship was completed in Nineveh. Sultan decided to send it to east with task to explore lands behind Sardis. Menua, the experienced army commander and Plengor's rival, became the leader of the expedition.
Old April 2, 2002, 07:31   #14
Marko
Prince

CHAPTER VI
PLENGOR EARNES CREDIT
Osiris 81 - Thoth 81

In Seth 81 Plengor's army attacked and captured Hamadan with only minimal losses. Sultan's confidence over Plengor's abilities was again raised and he decided that after the capture of Borazjan he will make Plengor the chief commander of entire sultanat's military forces.

In Thoth 81 Stygian war wolves appeared near Akkad but were killed by city garrison. Expedition to mountains revealed that there isn't any hidden Stygian city. Sultan ordered that the breeding places of wolves must be found and more spearmen were sent to mountains.

Sultan thought "I will be the greatest ruler in history of Euphrattis. If everything goes well I'll create an empire. And seems that all is going smoothly. I have ruled only 2 years but own already strong army and three new cities are added to my sultanate. There is no one who can challenge me! The independents are helpless and these Stygians seem to be only a small nuisance. They can't cross the sea with their seamonsters!"
Old April 4, 2002, 02:45   #15
Marko
Prince

CHAPTER VII
BIRTH OF EMPIRE
Ptah 81 - Anubis 80

It was discovered that one wolves's breeding place is in mountains just south of Babylon. Sultan ordered to immediately occupy the place with spearmen. Seemed that the presence of spermen hold the wolves at bay: they continued to move around in mountains but didn't descend to plains.

Sultan decided to start gathering the second army in Ashur and start preparations for capturing Amaia, only remaining barbarian city in south. He appointed Nebut as a commander of the new army.

In Isis 80 at last all preparations for Menua's expedition were completed and the warship went to sea with cavalry on board.
At the same month Borazjan's city walls were destroyed and next month the city was captured. Plengor was called to Babylon and named to the chief commander of Euphrattis sultanate's army.

During the party a messemger arrives from south and told that Nebut had decided to attack Amaia without waiting the third catapult unit what was coming from Jubriga. This was against his instructions and Plengor's first order in his new office was to dismiss Nebut and halt the southern army. As Nebut was friend of Menua, Plengor's rival, his mistake was a real present and allowed Plengor to greatly strengthen his position in army.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	6anubis80.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	28.4 KB
ID:	12604  
Old April 4, 2002, 14:22   #16
Marko
Prince

CHAPTER VIII
EXPAND OR DEVELOP?
Nephthys 80 - Horus 80

Financial advisors warned sultan that state budget is almost empty. Too much money is going to scientists and for other projects. Sultan decided to stop army buildup and start developing trade. Plengor protested but sultan said that army has already 13 catapults and there is no need for more. We don't have any strong enemies. When all nearby independent cities are captured we should concentrate on developing economy and general welfare. My people must taste the fruits of empire and remember me with good words, said sultan.

Plengor argued that we should know more about lands beyound the surrounding barbarian cities. Only then we can be sure that there is no danger. He said also that Nebut's army reported spotting foreign settlers south of Ashur. Plengor got sultan's permission to send cavalry expedition to south for finding out the owner of these settlers.

Plengor decided to stay in Babylon. This way he is close to sultan and also hear all incoming information about the sultanate immediately. He appointed his friends to lead the northern and southern armies. The Northern army got order to conquer Samaria and Sardis and Southern army to take Amaia when all preparations are completed.
Old April 6, 2002, 18:22   #17
Marko
Prince

CHAPTER IX
EMISSARY FROM THE GREAT KHAN
Osiris 80 - Thoth 80

In Hathor 80 Southern army captured easily Amaia. Plengor ordered the army to return Ashur but send scouts to map territories south-east from Amaia. Scouts find a barbarian fortress but no sign about any settlement.

In Seth 80 all preparations for cavalry expedition to south were completed and the men set out.

An emissary from the Great Khan Fu Zhang from Xingchang came to Amaia. He was called to Babylon to meet with sultan. In this meeting good relations were established between the two states. Sultan asked from emissary do they know anything about knight Vladimir's expedition. Emissary answered that indeed they know.

In Horus 81 Vladimir sailed around the southern tip of the continent and met with Xingchang boat. Vladimir told to sailors that he killed a sea-monster on his way. Later Vladimir's ships were spotted sailing south along the coast of Xingchang and in Sobek 81 they passed the Khorasan strait. What happened with Vladimir later, the emissary didn't know.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	ex1amon81.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	12884  
Old April 7, 2002, 17:57   #18
Marko
Prince

CHAPTER X
THE GREAT DRAGON
Ptah 80 - Sobek 80

Sultan's craftsmen had worked out the design of a new ship - Trading Ship. It was capable of transporting 3 units and could cross open sea. Sultan decided to send a caravan over the Western Sea to Stygia. State budget needed much money. Also he decided to build a road across the mountain range for connecting western and eastern parts of sultanate more tightly.

In Sobek 80 the first trading ship was completed but immediately after leaving the port a sea-monster sank the ship. Sultan thought that in future when economical problems are solved he must to build a fleet of warships who guard the West Sea and kill all these monsters.

In in same month the cavalry expedition returned from south. They told that in far south they discovered a barbarian city Ergili. Southern Army got task to take the city.

Meanwhile North army conquered Samaria and was preparing to attack Sardis when troops saw nearby a great dragon. Commander of the army, young Mehmet, sent spearmen to defensive positions in mountains for defending Samaria. Fortunately the dragon chosed not to attack and left back to high mountains in north.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	7sobek80.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	12953  
Old April 8, 2002, 13:52   #19
Marko
Prince

CHAPTER XI
ATHRIBIS
Amon 80 - Re 79

Southern army reported that Xingchang khanate had built a city named Athribis between Ashur and Ergili. The city controls the road to Ergili and doesn't let our armies to pass. In order to reach to Ergili, soldiers must now cross rough terrain.

Sultan thought: this southern khanate is going to be a problem. The war with them is unavoidable because Athribis must be taken. But now my state is not ready for war. Economy is weak and armies have other tasks. Also there is little known about Xingchang. I need to send out mapping expeditions for finding out how strong the enemy is. I hope that Menua will return soon. His fast warship is just what is needed now.

In Isis 79 Northern army captured Sardis and two months later destroyed a barbarian fortress what controlled important crossroad. Army got order to go to Ur and rest there.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	8isis79.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	43.3 KB
ID:	13012  
Old April 9, 2002, 17:57   #20
Marko
Prince

CHAPTER XII
THE GRAND ADMIRAL
Anubis 79 - Osiris 79

Sultan spotted that there are no wolves seen in mountains already a long time. Seems that spearmen make their guarding work well.

Menua expedition returned in Osiris 79. He bring to sultan maps of northeastern part of the continent. Menua told that in far north he found a strange Sea of Illusion. Warship broke through the Sea and reached to the isthmus discovered by Plengor. In middle of the Illusion's Sea there was a small island what was protected by some unseen monster. Menua wasn't able to land and after repairing the ship he started a travel back to home.

Menua discovered also that in the eastern tip of the continent there is barbarian city Tyre what protect a isthmus to south. Northern army got immediately task to capture it.

Sultan had promised to give a high military post to Menua when he returns. Now Plengor was the chief of army and Menua could never accept any position below him. Sultan knew that good men must never be wasted and Menua was talented military leader neccessary for state. Murabi decided to separate navy from land army and appointed Menua as Grand Admiral of Euphrattis Navy. Menua's first tasks are organising naval mapping expeditions to Xingchang borders and prepare the navy for war.
Old April 11, 2002, 06:17   #21
Marko
Prince

CHAPTER XIII
THE EMPIRE IS GROWING
Hathor 79 - Sobek 79

Already second trading ship was sank by a sea-monster in Western Sea. Sultan allowed Menua to bring his warship from east coast to west and build a new warship for East Sea. Seas must be cleared from all enemies!

After a long pause wolves appeared again. More spearmen were sent to mountains.

In Ptah 79 both North and South army attacked their objectives. North army destroyed Tyre city during the battle and South army captured Ergili.
Plengor ordered South army to map the unexplored southern part of the continent and North army to return to Ur. Sultan decided to rebuild the Tyre city.

In next month South army discovered powerful barbarian Darius Kabir city near the tip of the continent. North army found barbarian Sidon city in equal size and strenght from south of the Tyre isthmus. These two cities were decided to be next targets for the armies. As both have city walls, their capture need long preparation and sabotage missions by diplomats.

At the same month Euphrattis wise men designed a new building what can greatly help sultanate's economy - Guild Hall. Sultan was very satisfied. State budget was already balanced and thank to trade and the Guild Hall, things are getting even better. Also settlers started road-construction over the mountains.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	9hathor79.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	13225  
Old April 12, 2002, 13:43   #22
Marko
Prince

CHAPTER XIV
THE COASTAL ARMY
Amon 79 - Nephthys 78

Wolves killed the settlers who were building the road in mountains. Small army of spearmens and catapults was sent to fight them. In Re 78 all wolves were killed and spearmen fortified in their breeding places.

Stygian Dragon Boats attacked Borazjan. The boats were defeated by city garrison but the news made sultan worry. If Stygians can build ships then they can also transport units over the sea. And this is great danger because Stygian units look terrible when you believe the reports from people who have seen them. It is neccessary to garrison an army along the coast to counter possible invasion. Also the fleet must be created and economical buildup finished. So many tasks! Any war with Xingchang is not possible in near future. Also the war preparations against independent cities must be cancelled until the coastal army is formed.

Sultan ordered Plengor to work out the optimal size and location of the coastal army. Plengor proposed that the army must have three equal groups located in Borazjan, Eridu and Ellipi. One group must have catapult and elephant units. The possibility of using trained elephants in army was just recently demonstrated to Plengor. He liked the idea and wanted to introduce elephant units to army as fast as possible.

Menua added that the navy must have three warships to support the groups from sea. Sultan approved Plengor's plan but said that he can't afford to build more than two warships for Western Sea.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	11amon79.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	151.0 KB
ID:	13292  
Old April 13, 2002, 11:37   #23
Marko
Prince

CHAPTER XV
NEWS FROM LORD VLADIMIR
Nephthys 78

Menua warship reached Ellipi from his long travel around the Continent. She brought many news. Just south from Ellipi they saw a boat with Euphrattis flag. Before they reached to the boat a sea-monster attacked and sank it. Warship killed the monster and rescued most of boat's crew. They found that the boat was from Lord Vladimir's expedition! Vladimir had sent it back to bring news to sultan about his quest. The captain of the boat was invited to Babylon where he told to sultan about Vladimir's adventures.

After passing the Khorasan straits the ships reached to Quinsay in Re 80. Vladimir killed prince Igor, conquered Quinsay and liberated the Chaldean circle from inprisonment. The Grand Master of Chaldean Circle told that Vladimir must go to the isle of Brimstone and free Wizard Marsutan from Drang Dungeon. He alone knows the path ahead. The Grand Master also warned Vladimir about the Great Dragon living there.

Vladimir left a cavalry unit in Quinsay and ordered its commander to rule the city in the name of sultan. He himself left toward Brimstone.

In Sobek 80 they landed on Brimstone island. The Great Dragon was seen near the ships. But he fortunately didn't attack. Then after a fierce battle where one catapult unit was lost, Wizard Marsutan was liberated from Drang Dungeon. He told that Stygians are growing strong and there is no time to lose. "We must seek the counsel of the Hermit in the mountains of the Barbarian Kingdom north of Trivanipore."

So, in Isis 79 the expedition left Brimstone island and headed to north. They passed the southern tip of Continent in Anubis 79 and travelled north-west along the coast of Stygia. A Stygian Dragon Boat and sea-monster was killed on the way. South of Stygia Vladimir saw city of Hieraconpolis what belonged to Trivaniporians.

In Ptah 79 the seaway ended and expedition had to continue by walk. Vladimir divided the goup into four parts: he himself continued the quest with Marsutan, slower spearmen and catapult units waited them on the beach, warship started exploring coasts of the continent and waits Vladimir's return and boat was sent back to Euphrattia to bring news about the quest to sultan.

So, Vladimir's quest is going on fine, thought sultan. Interesting what is the final result of it and how Vladimir hopes to defeat the Stygians? I hope that he will come back soon. I like to hear his military advice about Stygians and the Khanate of Xingchang.

Vladimir has reached to Brimstone island.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	ex2sobek80.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	53.0 KB
ID:	13332  
Old April 15, 2002, 08:38   #24
Marko
Prince

CHAPTER XVI
RETURN OF THE KNIGHT
Horus 78 - Hathor 78

Vladimir's company appeared suddenly to Ellipi and Sultan called them to his palace. Vladimir told that in Horus 78 they met the Hermit who was dying. His last words were: "You must first journey to the city of Nippur, far to the south. Then travel beyond to the city of Kahun. There you will find a boat. Sail to the Isle of Mhyrr. Then you must...arrghhh!" Hermit died and couldn't tell more.

"How you got here so fast?" wondered sultan. Marsutan answered that he tried a new spell what he learned during the travel. The spell should transport all the members of expedition immediately to Euphrattis. He succeeded and all travellers including catapult and spearmen units found themselves in Ellipi. "But I afraid that this spell can be used only once in a long time" he added.

Vladimir said that they must continue the quest as soon as possible. But he needs a trading ship with catapult and elephant units. He offered to sultan a geographical map what he got from Trivaniporians and 350 gold in compensation.

The money was very needed and sultan decided to help Vladimir once again. But knowing how important the quest is for the knight, he added a condition: Vladimir must help the North army to conquer Sidon. As soon as he returns from there, everything will be ready for his second expedition.

Vladimir agreed and said that he likes that sultan had greatly enlarged the territory of the sultanate during his absence. "When the time arrives, you must be strong."
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	ex4horus78.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	86.5 KB
ID:	13366  
Old April 16, 2002, 13:34   #25
Marko
Prince

CHAPTER XVII
THE TEMPEST SPELL
Seth 78 - Hathor 77

In Thoth 78 there were great celebrations in the Sultanate of Euphrattis. Sultan Murabi had ruled 5 years. The sultan was very satisfied with the start of his reign: strong army had been created and all surrounding independent cities were forced to obey him. Also these wolves in mountains were liquidated and economical situation is going better and better.

Vladimir stayed for a week in celebrating palace and went then to war against Sidon. The North army was already on the way. In Isis 77 Lord Vladimir captures Sidon. The wizard Azzrune of Sidon offers a Tempest Spell to him. Vladimir left the spell with Northern army to Sidon and returned himself to Babylon.

The same month wizard Marsutan told to sultan that he heard a terrible laughter when he was sleeping. He doesn't know what it means but his heart feels bad.

When Vladimir arrives to Babylon, all preparations for his expedition were finished as sultan had promised. Still Marsutan suggested to wait until soon-to-be-completed warship brings the Tempest spell from Sidon. The spell can prove to be useful in our travel, he said.

In Horus 77 the warship for Eastern fleet was completed and in Hathor 77 it returned to Nineveh with the Tempest Spell. The captain said that when carrying the spell, warship moves 2 times slower than usual. Vladimir and Marsutan decided not to take the spell with them and left it to sultan in excange of one more catapult unit.
Old April 17, 2002, 06:26   #26
Marko
Prince

CHAPTER XVIII
ENCHANTMENT OF LABOURS
Seth 77 - Anubis 76

In Seth 77 Lord Vladimir's second expedition sailed out from Ellipi.

In Amon 77 Menua's eastern warship took cavalry unit on board and started mapping the coast of Xingchang. The first trading boat who was sent out to this mission hadn't returned and had apparently been sunk somewhere by sea-monsters.

In Anubis 76 the northern coast of Xingchang was mapped. South-east from Pilona was discovered a new barbarian city Istakhr. The city was under attack by Xingchang army. Plengor suggested to send a battalion of spearmen to there. If they are lucky they can snatch the city in a moment when all defenders are beaten but Xingchang's army hasn't yet moved in. Sultan thought that this is a great idea and gave his permission for the operation.

In Isis 76 settlers completed the road across the mountains at last. Now eastern and western parts of sultanate were well connected.

In next month wise men brought to sultan design plans of great wonder: Enchantment of Labours. They advised sultan to start the project as soon as possible because there had been rumors that several other foreign countries are also trying to complete the wonder. Sultan decides to listen the wise men and starts the project in Babylon. He also orders other cities to send caravans to the capital for help.

The second part of the quest has started.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	12seth77.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	13515  
Old April 20, 2002, 12:05   #27
Marko
Prince

CHAPTER XIX
THE EMPEROR
Nephthys 76 - Osiris 75

Most of cities in sultanate were sending their craftsmen to Babylon to help the completion of the new wonder. Sultan decided that the completion of the second wonder will be symbolic end of the old sultanate and the beginning of the new Empire of Euphrattis. His advisors estimated that in sultanate there lives now more than 10 million people. It is two times more than at the beginning of his reign!

In Horus 75 the Enchantment Of Labours was completed at last. Murabi declared that from now the state must be named Euphrattis Empire and he is the Emperor.

One month later Plengor reported that the Coastal Army is fully completed. Menua added that after a year the Western Navy is also ready. "So, now we are safe from Stygians and have free hands to deal with the Khanate of Xingchang." said the emperor. "How strong Xingchangians are?" he asked from Menua. "I don't know yet because all ships what are sent out to explore have been disappeared without a trace" Menua replied.

"Menua is not capable man for his tasks" thought emperor. "Vladimir can easily cross oceans but Menua is losing ships all the time. But I need him now as counterweight to Plengor. But when Vladimir returns I'll give navy to him."

"What is the situation of our armies?" he asked from Plengor. "Northern army has 4 catapults and is waiting in Sidon. Southern army has 3 catapults and is preparing for attack against Dariush Kabir."

"Good" said emperor. "Our economy is strong enough to give everything to army what is needed. City of Athribis must be conquered. If neccessary we will go to full war against Xingchang. I am giving a month for you to work out the war-plan."
Old April 22, 2002, 13:42   #28
Marko
Prince

CHAPTER XX
THE WAR PLAN
Hathor 75

Plengor proposed a war plan against Xingchang. Before the war the southern army must take Darius Kabir. Then it moves against Athribis and captures it. Athribis has no city walls, so it must be easy. After these events we can expect Xingchang's response. Our continent is connected with their land by three isthmus: Sidon, Pilona and Amaia. South of Sidon there live dragons, so it is safe from counterattack. For any case we'll left a catapult unit there. Pilona isthmus has no roads and is also protected by a barbarian Istakhr city. One catapult and 4 spearmen are more than enough here.

The main war will take place between Amaia and Elephantine. They are connected by roads and protected by two fortresses whivh both are in our hands. The Northern army will move to Amaia and if Xingchangians don't accept the loss of Athribis, the city of Elephantine will be captured. For this task the Northern army needs additionally 2 elephants, 2 spearmen and 6 diplomats units.
Menua said that for naval war he needs 2 warships in Southern sea. They will prevent any descent by enemy.

Emperor approved the war plan and gave orders to form neccessary military units in cities.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	13hathor75.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	13781  
Old April 23, 2002, 06:40   #29
Marko
Prince

CHAPTER XXI
GOOD NEWS FROM SEA
Seth 75 - Ptah 74

In Seth 75 Menua could please the emperor with excellent news. At first he achieved his first big naval win against the Stygians. Euphrattis warship sank a Stygian Dragon Boat with 3 units on Western sea. And second, his warship what was sent to explore the coasts of Xingchang a long time ago, returned to Amaia. The captain of the ship said that he travelled around all Xinchang land and visited also the distant Quinsay colony. He provided excellent maps and said that Xingchang has big cities but small territory.

In Anubis 74 the city walls of Darius Kabir were destroyed at last and next month the city was captured. These were good news what were reported to emperor. The bad news were that Athribis had built city walls. So Plengor asked additional 5 diplomats for Southern army.

In Ptah 74 the city of Tyre was again established. This recreated the direct road connection to Sidon. The same time war preparations were going on at full speed. The Northern army had reached to Amaia and was getting reinforcements every month. New warship which was completed in Western Sea was ordered to sail around the Continent to join with Eastern Fleet.
Old April 25, 2002, 08:27   #30
Marko
Prince

CHAPTER XXII
TEN YEARS OF SULTAN MURABI'S RULE
Sobek 74 - Thoth 73

In Re 73 Menua reported that the Eastern Fleet is ready for war.
In Nephthys 73 Plengor reported that Southern army is ready and two months later that Northern army is ready too. All war preparations were finished.

But three months later, in Thoth 73, there were planned big celebrations because Murabi had ruled 10 years. This reason Murabi decided to postpone the war until after the party.

In Thoth great celebrations were held in Babylon and other cities around the Empire. Emperor was very satisfied with his rule during last 5 years. Economy was again stabilized, powerful army created and Stygian threat held firmly under control. Even Menua proved to be capable admiral at last. His western Fleet had sunk many Stygian ships and prevented any landing by enemy. The war with Xingchang can start!
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	14anubis73.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	165.8 KB
ID:	14050