Old March 28, 2002, 17:49   #1
CodedProfile
Settler

Local Time: 02:18
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Very important reform's in the Cfc democracy game (READ THIS)
Check these thread's out.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...threadid=19013

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...threadid=19110

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...threadid=19250
Old March 28, 2002, 18:40   #2
shade
Civilization II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 23:18
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Re: Very important reform's in the Cfc democracy game (READ THIS)
Quote:
Originally posted by CodedProfile
Check these thread's out.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...threadid=19013

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...threadid=19110

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showth...threadid=19250
And what exactly has this to do with us???

Shade
Old March 28, 2002, 18:47   #3
shade
King

ok now I have take a swift look at the threads==> those are TREADS.

1° Poll will be put up when needed,like it always has been and always will be(otherwise it will become impossible to play)

2° Major changes are always voted for DEMOCRACY <> DICTATORSHIP

3° We barely know how to write what do we need pres for if something needs to be overrulled the ppl will do this in the poll placed about the problem...

---> I get the impression they want to reform their game to somekind of successiongame...

(btw if they jump of a bridge why should we follow them??we have I mind of our own(or at least I have))

Shade
Old March 28, 2002, 18:59   #4
CodedProfile
Settler

why do i inform you of this?
Because my name is TheDuckOfFlanders ,a.k.a the inventor and creator of the Democracy game.I just inform you about this because i feel they are important for the future of the Democracy game.I care for youre game around here as much as i care for every democracy game ,i created these reform's to perfectionize my creation.Whether or not you agree with it is no problem ,i just feel the need to inform you guy's about this.

now you know.

TheDuckOfFlander's:
Inventor of the Democracy game
creator of the CivII Democracy game, CivII democracy game and CivII multiplayer democracy game
First president of the Democracy game
current president of the CivII democracy game at Cfc
vice president of the Evil council team at the multiplayer Democracy game
Forum moderator of the CivII and CivIII democracy game at CFC

Initinaly i didn't want to blow my horn ,but because of youre pessimistic view on these reform's i wanted to point out my importance to the General concept that is the democracy game.These reform's were also started by me ,and i very well know why it is nessecary.I know you guy's have problem's to with a lack of participant's ,these reform's are made to counter that ,as well to make the democracy game much more fun foor everybody.
Old March 28, 2002, 19:09   #5
shade
King

Re: why do i inform you of this?
Quote:
Initinaly i didn't want to blow my horn ,but because of youre pessimistic view on these reform's i wanted to point out my importance to the General concept that is the democracy game.These reform's were also started by me ,and i very well know why it is nessecary.I know you guy's have problem's to with a lack of participant's ,these reform's are made to counter that ,as well to make the democracy game much more fun foor everybody.
Like I said I only took a very swift look at it and the first thing that came to mind is a succesiongame.
At the moment we have little over 50 citizens and the polls have a vote rate of ~50%(not that bad)
At the moment life here is a little low because we had quite some probs with our president and with the flow of info to the cabinet,but I assure that this forum will kick some AI butt in the next 2 weeks when my presidential rule starts( and I have 2 weeks vacation ).

Shade now still the evil grinning Military advisor but soon the very evil grinning president of the Apolytonian Empire.
Old March 28, 2002, 21:20   #6
CodedProfile
Settler

I can assure you the reform's are not ment to make the game anywhere near a succesion game.Rather it was made to:

a: cut down the ammount of work leader's had to do
b: give the leader's by default more power while still maintaing the level of democracy had under the previous system
c: make the game just more fun for everybody.

I didn't folow up the latest development's here at youre demo game ,as i was way to busy organizing the new Mp democracy game and the CivIII democracy game.The system you guys use here is different from that at CFC.
I just advice you to read these thread's very troughoutly ,so that you get the whole point of the new reform's.

The reason for these reform's is because at CFC the leader's had by default no power ,but only served as polling screener's.That was not much fun for them and so a lot of the leader's left at some point.Therefore i had reformed the rule's of the game a bit to make thing's much more fun for leader's and the president.

I do not care about the whole CFC-Apolyton concurency ,i only care for this game ,threfore i present to you these thread's so that it may serve you well ,i don't want to force these idea's onto you guys.

But i do care about youre game over here ,as it is a democracy game.Therefore i stick around to maybe help you if help is needed ,or to inform you about new evolution's within the democracy game world.
Old March 28, 2002, 22:43   #7
cavebear
Emperor

Local Time: 17:18
CodedProfile -

Go away. This is our game, our version, and we are not really concerned about how some other group is doing it.

If we wanted to play your game, we would be there playing it. And we would probably take it over!

Avaunt, Demon!
Civ2 Demo Game #1 City-Planner, President, Historian
Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Civ2 Demo Game #3 President, Minister of War, President
Civ2 Demo Game #4 Despot, City-Planner, Consul
Old March 29, 2002, 09:43   #8
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by cavebear
CodedProfile -

Go away. This is our game, our version, and we are not really concerned about how some other group is doing it.

If we wanted to play your game, we would be there playing it. And we would probably take it over!

Avaunt, Demon!
yep, calm down, he just wants to help
he is making a sugestion as other citizen would do, now we can decide if we accept it or not
Old March 29, 2002, 10:43   #9
Marquis de Sodaq
King

Local Time: 16:18
Quote:
The reason for these reform's is because at CFC the leader's had by default no power ,but only served as polling screener's.That was not much fun for them and so a lot of the leader's left at some point.Therefore i had reformed the rule's of the game a bit to make thing's much more fun for leader's and the president.
Right from the start we have cast aside the idea of advisors being just pollsters. Our advisors advise the public - they make recommendations and politik just as much as the citizens. It makes for a better game, to be sure.

The gift of speech is given to many,
intelligence to few.
Old March 29, 2002, 12:24   #10
CodedProfile
Settler

Quote:
yep, calm down, he just wants to help
he is making a sugestion as other citizen would do, now we can decide if we accept it or not
Thank's Shaka ,i was feeling a bit dissapointed after that reply ,almost fell as to never comming back here again.

Quote:
Right from the start we have cast aside the idea of advisors being just pollsters. Our advisors advise the public - they make recommendations and politik just as much as the citizens. It makes for a better game, to be sure.
I was un-aware of that ,thank's for pointing that out.I didn't really folowed up the evolution's at this game recently ,as my wor as moderator and player of multiple demo game's ,along with other site activety's and my every day life make's me a pretty busy man.I went out from the thought that this game was based on a copied constitution of the CivII Demo game at Cfc ,clearly a lot has changed here.That is foor the best i guess ,you guy's were quicker to make these conclusion's than the people at cfc.

In this sence ,my information is not of much use toward's you guy's ,but it may interrest you anyway to take a look at the way of organization on the other side of the civ Comunity.

Anyway ,succes with youre game guys ,as i said i care for the continuation of this game as i have my personal interrest in the Democracy game.

Oh and greeting's to Adamsj ,who ill try to crush (along with my team) in the mp demo game.
Old March 29, 2002, 14:15   #11
Marquis de Sodaq
King

Local Time: 16:18
We are still trying to get the game to move along smoothly. Initially, we did copy the CFC rules over here as a base upon which to start. They were never formally adopted, so we've been doing a lot on the fly.

I have read and followed the CFC democracy game, but haven't participated. I did get some ideas from your game, so we aren't completely independent. New ideas are always welcome. They can always be rejected if the masses disagree, after all.

The gift of speech is given to many,
intelligence to few.
Old March 29, 2002, 16:31   #12
shade
King

Quote:
Thank's Shaka ,i was feeling a bit dissapointed after that reply ,almost fell as to never comming back here again.

all advice is welcome,but there are some differences between the game on cfc and this one here...but we can always learn out of other experiances...

Shade
Old March 29, 2002, 23:07   #13
cavebear
Emperor

Coded Profile came in here like "this is my game, I invented it, pay attention to my instructions".

Sorry, but I didn't like that approach very much.

He changed that approach; that's respectable, and I *do* respect that.

I still don't care much how they "do it" on the other site, though. I'd rather we developed the idea in our own way. If we do it our own way, they may learn a few ideas from us.

Civ2 Demo Game #2 Minister of War,President, Minister of Trade, Vice President, City-Planner
Old March 29, 2002, 23:49   #14
steelehc
Prince

Local Time: 13:18
Cavebear: I agree, in principle, however, you were a little harsh. You're right, it is our game, with our rules, and we don't need him telling us what to do, but advice, suggestions, and the like are welcome.

Coded Profile: Please don't act like this is your game, or that we should follow your rules. If you have an idea for us, please post it, but don't try to force it upon us.

Steele
Old March 30, 2002, 11:54   #15
MrWhereItsAt
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GamePtWDG RoleplayAlpha Centauri PBEMSpanish CiversCall to Power Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontPtWDG2 Latin LoversACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessCivilization III PBEMC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG3 GaiansC3CDG The Lost BoysCivilization III Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton Team
Deity

Local Time: 10:18
CodedProfile, I hope that you can come back and occasionally say hi in these threads. As your qualifications suggest, you have a helluva lot more experience than (probably) all of us in this game, so any advice you can give at times should be more than welcome.

We seem to be doing fine here at the mo', thanks in no small part to our leaders' foresight and intellignece. Any problems we have run up against have been brought forward and dealt with quickly and with success. I hope we can find our own way through this game (and others (?)) without having to rely on the experience of others (it's more fun that way), but we would be foolish to spurn such knowledge.

Needless to say, your voice is as welcome here as any who post regularly, as a shade or an MdS or a Shaka or a cavebear. I hope that we all take your experience into consideration if you decide to dispense some of this wisdom, as I am sure it would be of benefit.

Maximum respect, Selector.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!
Old April 3, 2002, 21:29   #16
CornMaster
Prince

Local Time: 18:48
Quote:
Originally posted by cavebear
CodedProfile -

Avaunt, Demon!
Very cute.....That's why Adamsj headed up the one here, and copied my Constution as the basis for yours. So please....don't say your your version, and you don't care how someone else does it...because you copied us! Anyway....
Grand Minister: Dominion of the Balance & CornEmpire Software
Old April 3, 2002, 23:40   #17
Zealot
King

Yeah! Our game! Ha! What a bunch of crap! Like we invented anything at all!
I really apreciated that CodedProfile had the patience to go through the registration process. Knowledge is something no wise person rejects, you know...
(oh right, you don't)
Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1
Old April 4, 2002, 16:29   #18
Shaka Naldur
Civilization II PBEMSpanish CiversCivilization II Democracy Game: Red Front
Emperor

this discussion doesn´t make any sense
Old April 4, 2002, 20:10   #19
cavebear
Emperor

OK, OK, I'm sorry. I misunderstood the tone of his post.
Old April 5, 2002, 00:17   #20
Matticus
Chieftain

Quote:
Very cute.....That's why Adamsj headed up the one here, and copied my Constution as the basis for yours. So please....don't say your your version, and you don't care how someone else does it...because you copied us! Anyway....

Ok! Who around went and got a constution ratified without telling me. Maybe some day we'll start doing things by set rules, but until then, this is more fun anyway. Rules might just make us have to behave. But kudos to the civfanboys people who got all that stuff. I guess it works for them.
Old April 5, 2002, 04:06   #21
shade
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Matticus

Ok! Who around went and got a constution ratified without telling me. Maybe some day we'll start doing things by set rules, but until then, this is more fun anyway. Rules might just make us have to behave. But kudos to the civfanboys people who got all that stuff. I guess it works for them.
huh constitution we???don't think so....it was mentioned once(or maybe twice) but the rules we use mostly just fell out of the sky .

Shade
Old April 7, 2002, 17:28   #22
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

You know what annoys me? Americans using the word 'candy' to describe anything from jelly babies to chocolate. Chocolate is chocolate, any other sugary sweet thing (as the french would say, a bon-bon) is a sweet.

Nuff said.

Oh, reforms. Um, yeah.

Do we have city governors? I don't see we have any problem with a plethora of "what to build now" polls, so why not just poll important decisions, and not the rest. And I don't think the president should be able to overrule. Defeats the point. The game will go slowly, course it will, but if the prez has to wait a while before doing something, so be it.

Oh yeah, and why do CFC posters have really long and bizzare names? with lots of "of"s of Hippo, Of Flanders, of Athiaieiaeia or whatever Chris is. At least the duke put a ' in I suppose...

Last edited by Immortal Wombat; April 7, 2002 at 18:03.