Old June 2, 2002, 11:28   #121
chronocrator
Warlord

Local Time: 23:22
Local Date: October 31, 2010
You are right but a true TP spell would just make the game too easy and sneaking up on an enemy base would be impossible. TP would need some restrictions, either a system like in Diablo where scrolls are used and therefore TPs are limited and cost money. Alternatively a system in which a hero needs full movement points to use the TP spell would be possible, the spell sould also be more expensive it could use half of the hero's mana.
Old June 2, 2002, 12:33   #122
moomin
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG Planet University of TechnologyACDG The Cybernetic Consciousness
King

Local Time: 23:22
Sure, TP was the spell to get in HoMM3. Still, it made big games actually playable. I wouldn't mind limiting it a bit, perhaps, but the way they've done away with it now makes the game unplayable.

So it's more difficult now? That's not good, becuase it's also way more boring. I trade-off I can live without.
Old July 14, 2002, 01:44   #123
The Rusty Gamer
Prince

Local Time: 10:22
Local Date: November 1, 2010
A question about the HOMM3 random scenario generator - is it actually any good? I need more human vs human maps without any computer players and preferring to start with one castle from scratch.
Old July 14, 2002, 01:59   #124
SnowFire
InterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Local Time: 17:22
(have not played HoMM 1 though ).

A friend of mine, when getting Heroes II, got this pack that included Heroes I and POL. I looked a bit at Heroes I, and it's quite forgetable. Basically, think Heroes II, with worse graphics, no plot, no upgrades to creatures, only 4 castles, a more simplistic spell system, and a smaller combat grid. The seeds of greatness, but not there yet.