Old March 31, 2002, 21:54   #1
Jacobite1688
Spanish Civers
Prince

Local Time: 16:25
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Why is it...
...that I can't tie a buildable wonder to a "no, no advance"? The wonder does not appear to be buildable even after events have granted the needed tech. (Or is this just the way FW is?) I have a work around, but it would really be lame. I don't want any other Civ to be able to build the wonder but I don't want to turn off dipliomacy. Help please!
Old March 31, 2002, 22:14   #2
The ANZAC
Civilization II PBEMCivilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
King

Local Time: 17:25
Would a no,nil or nil,no prerequisite for the tech in question work? Or you could have a no,no tech lead to a (no,no tech),nil tech which would be the tech for the wonder.
Old March 31, 2002, 22:23   #3
Mercator
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Emperor

Local Time: 00:25
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The standard question in cases like this (just to get it out of the way):
Do you have "count wonders as objectives" on?
Old March 31, 2002, 22:50   #4
Jacobite1688
Spanish Civers
Prince

No, I don't have objectives in this scenario, just regular scoring. I connected the wonder to a tech at the end of the tree that no one would ever reach. As soon as events granted the tech, enemy civs started demanding it in trade. Wouldn't no, nil have the same effect? I'm gonna try it anyways. Thanks again. Any more advice would be appreciated. (Dictated by Jacobite, typed by Jacowife. My husband's typing drives me nuts.)
Old April 1, 2002, 09:58   #5
Gothmog
Scenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

Local Time: 18:25
No improvements, and that includes wonders, can be built if their required advance is a no-no advance. Please note however, that it is possible for units to be built even if its required advance is a no-no advance. That does not seem consistent, but that's just the way it is.

About the best you can do with this is making the advance nil,no.
Old April 1, 2002, 15:29   #6
Jacobite1688
Spanish Civers
Prince

I concluded that this was the case last night and figured that instead of giving an exclusive happiness wonder to the tribe, I would just grant them Fundamentalism exclusively. This would be perfect as I could then also tie an exclusive unit (in the "Fanatic" slot) to the tribe. SURPRISE!: The event granted the tech but the Government form is not available to the tribe when the "Revolution" menu comes up. Strangely, The exclusive "Fanatic" unit isn't available either. Is this a well known fact? Is there a work around? Am I just screwing something obvious up? (I hope the later.) Please advise...Thanks!
Old April 1, 2002, 15:35   #7
Jacobite1688
Spanish Civers
Prince

Ah yes, I know...the "Fanatic" unit isn't buildable because the tribe can not choose the Fundamentalist government type. Yet I still don't know why they can't choose Fundamentalism if the tribe has the needed tech. Any ideas?
Old April 2, 2002, 06:21   #8
winterfritz
Prince

Local Time: 22:25
Why not try making the pre-requisite for the happiness wonder a 'no,nil' tech and then change its desirability to 0? That way enemy civs will not ask for it in negotiations.

Is this for the Old Testament scenario? If so I think I can guess what the 'exclusive happiness wonder' is... And if it is what I think it is, you should really try and include it. It'd add so much colour as well as historical realism, seeing as how it dominated that nation's history...
Old April 2, 2002, 12:52   #9
Jacobite1688
Spanish Civers
Prince

You guessed it, I'm sure! I managed to iron out all my troubles. I will not explain it here unless somebody just has got to know how I did it. Otherwise, you can see it when the scenario is done. - I suppose tonight or Wednesday. I just have to change the "filler" text on the event windows and some other little things. I will start a new thread for playtesters tonight. Thanks everybody for your help. My next project is almost done already - fixing up my old Arthur scenario "The Lost Island" for FW! It will at last run the way I first imagined it would. I'm excited about that! (See the old thread "2.42?") I sent out copies of it when I finished it but I never heard from anybody about it. Either nobody got the attached zip or it was SO BAD that people were ashamed to tell me what they thought. I think it was the former, because I had to drop off the boards for a while around that time and since I ain't in this for the glory anyways, I never bothered to check with anybody to see if they even got it. So, be looking for the new version soon. With all the Civ II Web sites that are going inactive, I think I will start a Civ II geocities site - the Dead Scenario Office has inspired me, as has Warvoid's site. I'll post the address soon.