Old July 1, 2002, 02:54   #31
Kramerman
Prince

Local Time: 16:28
Local Date: October 31, 2010
I think it should be recommended that they be civ related, but I bet there are a ton of potentially great stories that would be written if they relaxed on this rule. I mean you could argue almost any story to have some sort of connection to civ anyway. Like your history class story, though I haven'y read it Im sure you could say something along the lines of 'its about a boy in a history class where he is learning about civilization' or something like that.
Old July 1, 2002, 03:01   #32
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 17:28
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
Actually, I recommended the rule change, if I wanted to I could post my story that came in third in a writing contest and got me $400, but it is through the perspective of a drunk dog. The history class story was basically just a quotation of everything that was said in a 5 minute period of my history class.
Old July 1, 2002, 03:13   #33
Kramerman
Prince

A drunk dog? Thats original for sure.

Kman

That was a luagh out loud, but not quite the good laugh Im looking for. Perhaps you could whip up a good one. Id appreciate it. May even vote for you in the contest . I'm going to go lookup these old stories of yours.
Old July 10, 2002, 23:45   #34
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

response to question:
You can write non-civ stories (though it has to be someone related or might be considered just spam or stuff that should be in OT) but the civ-related rule is for the contest because it is th official civ stories contest, not the official anything stories contest

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old July 13, 2002, 12:59   #35
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 22:28
Ah, welcome back civman
-
actaully the stories wouldn't belong in the OT, but the Stories/Diplo forum
Old July 18, 2002, 14:29   #36
MIK_IZ_WAK
Settler

i'm a new member of the forum, but not new to civ 3, and i am a seasoned veteran of civ 2. i have written before, and what i want to know is can a story be about a fictional game of civ 3, or do u actually have to play it? cos i'd really like to write one about a "perfect" scenario in the civ 3 environment, that i have never actually played. can i do this?

feedback grateful

MIK
Old July 18, 2002, 14:33   #37
Verto
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildNationStatesMac
King

Local Time: 17:28
it can be a story on a game you've played, a game you wish you'd played, a combination of games, or whatever. I think as long as it has something to do with Civ, it's allowed.
Old July 18, 2002, 16:55   #38
Kramerman
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by MIK_IZ_WAK
i'm a new member of the forum, but not new to civ 3, and i am a seasoned veteran of civ 2. i have written before, and what i want to know is can a story be about a fictional game of civ 3, or do u actually have to play it? cos i'd really like to write one about a "perfect" scenario in the civ 3 environment, that i have never actually played. can i do this?

feedback grateful

MIK
Yeah, Believe me when I tell you that it only has to be argueably related to civ... The story I've been writing is pretty much some historical/science fiction that was inspired by the civilization game concept. Its my masterpiece...

Kman
Old July 19, 2002, 14:58   #39
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Quote:
what i want to know is can a story be about a fictional game of civ 3, or do u actually have to play it?
Certainly not. I've never played a game of Civ III and I received 2nd in a story contest writing about a game that never happened
Old July 20, 2002, 15:17   #40
MIK_IZ_WAK
Settler

ok cheers, i'll bear that in mind and maybe i'll create a masterpiece of my own sometime soon

MIK
Old August 5, 2002, 15:44   #41
Lorizael
lifer
NationStates
Emperor

Local Time: 18:28
Do the stories have to be Civ 3 civilization related? Because I've got future stories (still on Earth with humans) and I've got stories about galactic civilization and such. What about those?
Old August 11, 2002, 19:11   #42
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

The answer to that is simple: No .

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal