Old April 4, 2002, 01:51   #1
Sceptor107
Settler

Local Time: 22:33
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Artifact!
Ok a cool game called artifact. Its a massively mplayer game. Its pretty cool in that, there is a huge map. You log into the server for a few hours a day. Leave and play your turn. The idea is to create a medevil city, and find 7 artifacts. You can make alliances with many players....and enter alliances/create them. As I said the point is to find artifacts. But if neighboring cities have them. Then march on em! here are 100's of players on a map. So if a few get crushed, nobody notice's. You can usaully see the ghost towns tucked away.....long abandoned and conquered long ago.

My opinion is this the greatest and easiest thing since Civ. the graphics are shotty, granted. But its shitloads fun. I just got finished with my first game. I had a huge city,20ft high City walls, 30,000 troops patrolling the perimeter and several hundred archers on a wall. And 900.000 population in my cities after 2 weeks of building.I had an alliance with a small, regional group. Plenty of goods, trade,money, resources. When a huge global alliance called the Nexus of 9players marched on our 3 team alliance to capture our fire artifact safe in an allie city. We fought like hell...for 6 hours. We faced a combined force of around 700,000 enemy warriors and tens of thousands of cavalry, scouts, archers. Under combined control. But the they finaly breached my allies walls to the north of me and I couldnt do anything but keep sending men to this meat grinder to help my allies. The city fell. And mine was next.....I put up a dazzling fight. But bye this time the siege was too much. My wall was cracked after a desperate counter-attack failed..and my city fell. Nexus won...but my friend below me with one of the7 artifacts put up an awesome fight. I retreated my scttered armys to the allie in the south and we fought the basterds out. He was more prepared. But it was in vain, Nexus rolled our little pennisula alliance..and secured fire, and had 5 of 7 artifacts.

I give it a 8.0 out 10. Its strategy, Mplayer, and adventure rapped in a nice adictive package. The way mplayer works is simple. Log on a few times a day, to check on your cities. And stay on if somthing important happens. If somthing happen when your gone, your allie can take control of you city.

sorry for the lengthy crap. I love this game!

www.samu-games.com

or was it www.samugames.com

ill check
Old April 4, 2002, 12:40   #2
Zkribbler
Deity

Local Time: 15:33
It's the second link -- without the hyphen.
Old April 8, 2002, 00:46   #3
Sceptor107
Settler

Local Time: 22:33
glad to see you are all so interested!
Old April 8, 2002, 19:51   #4
Sarxis
Rise of Nations MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerCivilization III PBEMCTP2 Source Code ProjectCall to Power II MultiplayerCall to Power MultiplayerCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization IV CreatorsGalCiv Apolyton Empire
Emperor

Local Time: 18:33
Quote:
Originally posted by Sceptor107
glad to see you are all so interested!

I have heard of this game, but I haven't had the time to check it out. Too busy with so many other games right now, and Space Empires IV gold is taking up my allotted 'strategy game' time.
Old June 8, 2002, 12:21   #5
Lemmy
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG The Cybernetic ConsciousnessACDG3 Spartans
King

Local Time: 00:33
Local Date: November 1, 2010
i'm interested

i just started the download...let's see what it's all about...
<Kassiopeia> you don't keep the virgins in your lair at a sodomising distance from your beasts or male prisoners. If you devirginised them yourself, though, that's another story. If they devirginised each other, then, I hope you had that webcam running.
Play Bumps! No, wait, play Slings!