Old April 4, 2002, 09:14   #1
Dutchy
Settler

Local Time: 23:33
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Need SMAC crack/no-cd
I have a copy of smac from family but need a crack to get it working. I have the english version of smac. can somebody help me to get this great game working?
I only found cracks for the US version on the net
Old April 4, 2002, 20:45   #2
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 15:33
Hmm - I thought US and English versions were the same (not to be confused with the French, German, etc versions).

As the crack only adds lines to the .exe prog, it shouldn't affect the anglicized spelling of any of the other files' contents in any event (which I think may be the only difference, if any)

G
Old April 4, 2002, 23:56   #3
Mongoose
ACDG The Free Drones
King

Local Time: 17:33
IIRC, there was initially a difference between the English and American versions, but it was eliminate with the first or second patch...

Matter of fact, I thought that patched SMAC (American and English?) needed no CD. Arghhh! I have forgotten more than I ever knew, I think.
Old April 5, 2002, 01:53   #4
Googlie
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 GaiansACDG3 Data AngelsACDG3 MorganACDG3 CMNsACDG3 SpartansC4DG Team Alpha Centaurians
Emperor

Local Time: 15:33
Quote:
Originally posted by Mongoose
Matter of fact, I thought that patched SMAC (American and English?) needed no CD.
No, you are right. If smac, you don't need a crack. However, if you want to play "classic smac" via the Planetary Pack or the smax route, you do need the crack (or you need to load smac into a different directory than smax, in which case it'll play as if you didn't have smax)

And I believe EA will supply a smac nocd terran.exe on request - I think i saw something to that effect some months ago here at 'Poly

G.