Old April 5, 2002, 00:59   #31
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Local Time: 17:34
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Siro, you still have supporters here, don't worry about that.

Besides, there only two more cities to go, right? One more week may be just enough to accomplish what needs doing.
Old April 5, 2002, 01:05   #32
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Again...I just don't see it.
Old April 5, 2002, 02:15   #33
Sirotnikov
DiplomacyApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization III Democracy Game
Emperor

Local Time: 00:34
Local Date: November 1, 2010
MM, 2 cities? heh
that's a dream.

We have alot of cities left to cover.

True, not much big ones... but Gaza is still untouched.

Nablus and JEnin are seeing ferocious fighting.

We found a huge stash of weapons. Dozens of RPGs, Thousands of rifles, hundreds of explosives.

40 ready to use bomb belts!!!!

And IDF presented yet more documents signed by Arafat which give money to the Tanzim and Al-Aqsa brigades.

Tanzim are a para-military group, a division of Fatah that was created by Marwan Barghoutti, because he wanted to artificially distnace Fatah from the fighting by renaming one of it's cores.

Tanzim commited most of the shooting terracts again civilians and army.
Old April 5, 2002, 03:00   #34
Urban Ranger
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending Stories
Deity

Local Time: 06:34
Did I read here again that somebody is still insisting the Camp David deal is *cough*generous*cough*?

What about all the Palestinians that the IDF and Israeli settlers murdered? You don't see that often in US media, either. Tsk, tsk.

Check the B'Tselem statistics.
Old April 5, 2002, 03:56   #35
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 08:34
Quote:
You know Siro, you country made a major mistake pissing off Egypt and Turkey, two of the only arab countries that recognize Israel.
Turkey is an Arab country now?

I think Bush's speech was not as bad as it could have been. Whether anyone was listening is another matter . . .
Old April 5, 2002, 07:15   #36
Ecthy
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameSpanish Civers
Emperor

*put in grinning flame smiley here*

Chill out guys. Bush is ruining the world, not me
Old April 5, 2002, 07:15   #37
Ecthy
Emperor

as in he ruins the world not I do
Old April 5, 2002, 07:20   #38
Sirotnikov
Emperor

UR - it was the most generous offer that Israel can give.

There's a Taba agreement map somewhere in "Did barak...."

I posted it as a mere link.

I would suggest you read some of the content of the articles I posted.

It's easy to be an intellectual when you read only what you want to see.
Old April 5, 2002, 07:21   #39
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Siro: I kinda thought I was being overly optimistic. Still its hard to argue against the facts: Israel puts its boot on the PA's throat, terracts abruptly...stop.

Nothing succeeds quite like success.

How much additional time do you think you need?
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old April 5, 2002, 07:24   #40
Sirotnikov
Emperor

NEWS

UN: Lebanon is responsible for any attack against Israel from it's territory
This in reaction to missile and mortart attacks on the Israeli north border and north towns, and after Hezballa terrorists attacked a UNIFIL force, injuring 4 persons.

Lebanon: 6 Palestinians armed with missiles caught.
The Palestinains from the PFLP, whose head, Ahmad Jibril sits in Damaskus, are supported by Syria. Jibril met ith Hezballa's leader Nasralla last week.

Israeli soldiers refund Palestinians for troubles
Two IDF brigades that served in Bethlehem, gathered 1500 NIS and granted them to the Palestinain family at whose home tey stayed. They said it was reparation for using the family's rooms.

IDF gives CIA documents linking Arafat to terror
IDF transfered to the CIA, captured documents with Arafat's signature of approval, regarding transfering funds to terrorist groups.

After pressure, Zinni meets with Arafat
Israel allowed Zinni to meet with Arafat in Ramallah, in his secluded room.

4 Israelis killed
4 Israelis were killed in battles over Nables and Jenin.
Old April 5, 2002, 07:29   #41
Sirotnikov
Emperor

Quote:
How much additional time do you think you need?
IDF says that we need 4 more weeks, and then 4 more, if we want the effect to last.

But I imagine that is shortened to one more week now.
Old April 5, 2002, 07:35   #42
Ecthy
Emperor

While I'm at it MM, I can't remember ever posting much about your president, so how would that be typical for me?

Or Sprayber?

Some of us seem to be out of concentration due to recent events oh well, I am here to be the target of your anger
Old April 5, 2002, 07:39   #43
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Withdrawn.

Last edited by Bereta_Eder; April 5, 2002 at 08:04.
Old April 5, 2002, 07:45   #44
The Mad Monk
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Ecthelion
While I'm at it MM, I can't remember ever posting much about your president, so how would that be typical for me?

Or Sprayber?

Some of us seem to be out of concentration due to recent events oh well, I am here to be the target of your anger
Now Andy, where did I ever say anything of sort?

I know I haven't said anything about Sprayber's posting topics.
"We have tried spending money. We are spending more than we have ever spent before and it does not work...After eight years of this Administration, we have just as much unemployment as when we started... And an enormous debt to boot!" — Henry Morgenthau, Franklin Delano Roosevelt's Treasury secretary, 1941.
Old April 5, 2002, 07:52   #45
Ecthy
Emperor

You're too funny, I want to be like you

Say, since when have old people reached younger ones with their feeble efforts to be sarcastic?
Old April 5, 2002, 07:54   #46
kolpo
Prince

Local Time: 22:34
cancel

Last edited by kolpo; April 5, 2002 at 08:05.
Old April 5, 2002, 07:57   #47
Ecthy
Emperor

That seems to be rather thin ice, paiktis. I don't say you're wrong, but remember our mods are Americans

Last edited by Ecthy; April 5, 2002 at 08:23.
Old April 5, 2002, 08:04   #48
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Look! Someone is actually answering to you!!! :D
Quote:
Originally posted by Ecthelion
That seems to be rather thin ice, paiktis. I don'T say you're wrong, but remember our mods are Americans

You're right. I edited it I want my posting priviliges intact now.
Old April 5, 2002, 08:22   #49
Ecthy
Emperor

Old April 5, 2002, 09:42   #50
Sava

Notice how Bush waited until the US's oil supply might be in danger, to intervene. Like father like son I guess .

Old April 5, 2002, 09:44   #51
Giancarlo
King

Local Time: 19:34
Quote:
Originally posted by Sirotnikov
Gian, I bet we could pull off for another week.

I bet IDF is being told to speed up... perhaps we'll need more troops

Anyway, we're tired of listening to other people's whims.

It's not americans or turks or egyptians being blown up.
It doesn't matter what Israel thinks... when the leader of the most powerful nation in the world, and supplier of 90% of the Israeli Military weaponry wants Israel to leave, IT WILL LEAVE. There is no talk about it.

Fine, you can ignore the US and then this time become part of Syria and Egypt.

You better respect the US damn it, because if it weren't for them, you wouldn't of won any of those wars. And If I were to decide your country would follow what the US says or be cut off.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old April 5, 2002, 09:49   #52
Bereta_Eder
Settler

Quote:
Originally posted by Giancarlo

It doesn't matter what Israel thinks... when the leader of the most powerful nation in the world, and supplier of 90% of the Israeli Military weaponry wants Israel to leave, IT WILL LEAVE. There is no talk about it.

You better respect the US damn it, because if it weren't for them, you wouldn't of won any of those wars. And If I were to decide your country would follow what the US says or be cut off.
...I...agggrreee.....wiiitth...Gianni....

there I said it
Old April 5, 2002, 09:50   #53
Sava

Quote:

So you'd let the Arabs commit genocide and kill all the Israelis? Good plan... this is coming from the guy that thinks Ronald Reagan was the greatest US president .

Old April 5, 2002, 11:38   #54
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Sava

So you'd let the Arabs commit genocide and kill all the Israelis? Good plan... this is coming from the guy that thinks Ronald Reagan was the greatest US president .
No I am saying, that Israel should show some damn respect to Bush and not spit in his face. When he says pull out pull the hell out!

BTW, I read Ronald Reagan's autobiography... do you really want to know his thoughts about this mess... he had tons and tons of disagreements with Israel during his adminstration.
Lets face it. We flamiing queers have more appeal then Pat Robertson and other religious wackos. We have shows that are really growing in popularity. We have more channels (Q TV, Logo Channel). And we help people in their style issues (Queer Eye for the Straight Guy). The last thing I saw a religious preacher did was ask for $5 in a "generous pledge" to help his bank account in Zurich, erhm, some starving kids in Zimbabwe.
Old April 5, 2002, 11:50   #55
Sava

Quote:

No I am saying, that Israel should show some damn respect to Bush and not spit in his face. When he says pull out pull the hell out!

BTW, I read Ronald Reagan's autobiography... do you really want to know his thoughts about this mess... he had tons and tons of disagreements with Israel during his adminstration.
Bush should show some respect to the entire region by learning what the conflict is about in the first place. Israel's existence is threatened and it will continue to be as long as the Palestinians harbor, feed, and support terrorism. The United States would be doing the same thing if it were in Israel's shoes.

The only... ONLY reason Bush is telling Israel to pull out is because the Arab countries are threatening to cut off the oil. If they do, then Bush will have to start a war to get the oil back. And he doesn't want to start a war.

Of course Reagan had tons of disagreements in the past. Reagan was an ultra-conservative, pro-corporate, white collar politician. And Israel isn't any of those things.

BTW, Reagan was in the advanced stages of Alzheimers in the lat 70's. It just goes to show that mental capacity isn't a requirement for the presidency. You can get elected twice just based on how good you look on TV and if you tell America what it wants to hear.

The Reagan legacy was one of corporate prosperity at the expensive of the working class.

Old April 5, 2002, 11:57   #56
Giancarlo
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Sava

Bush should show some respect to the entire region by learning what the conflict is about in the first place. Israel's existence is threatened and it will continue to be as long as the Palestinians harbor, feed, and support terrorism. The United States would be doing the same thing if it were in Israel's shoes.
Bull, Israel should show some respect, and Palestine isn't helping with the current situation. Both are pigs who just can't live with each other.

Quote:
The only... ONLY reason Bush is telling Israel to pull out is because the Arab countries are threatening to cut off the oil. If they do, then Bush will have to start a war to get the oil back. And he doesn't want to start a war.
Wrong. America itself has enough oil to supply itself, and it gets more of its oil from the Gulf of Mexico, Mexico itself, Venezuela and now Russia. This isn't the 70s, so stop looking at the past.

Quote:
BTW, Reagan was in the advanced stages of Alzheimers in the lat 70's. It just goes to show that mental capacity isn't a requirement for the presidency. You can get elected twice just based on how good you look on TV and if you tell America what it wants to hear.
His alzheimers didn't come until the 90s numnuts.

Quote:
The Reagan legacy was one of corporate prosperity at the expensive of the working class.
Bullshit. I know it was not. The Reagan legacy was a tide that lifted all income brackets. You can't just accept that because you are so damn biased. Working class? Pfft... wake the hell up... the US isn't an Czarist Russia. Reagan benefited the middle class, and his precedesser, Carter, shrunk the middle class's income. I don't appreciate people like you making stupid judgements.
Old April 5, 2002, 12:01   #57
Jac de Molay
Prince

Quote:
Wrong and short-sighted. Arab economies would be decimated, and the rest of OPEC would have something to say about it as well. The US would take a hit in the short term-, but could recoup over the long-term.

Dave
"Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.
Old April 5, 2002, 13:26   #58
Sava

Quote:

Bull, Israel should show some respect, and Palestine isn't helping with the current situation. Both are pigs who just can't live with each other.

Wrong. America itself has enough oil to supply itself, and it gets more of its oil from the Gulf of Mexico, Mexico itself, Venezuela and now Russia. This isn't the 70s, so stop looking at the past.

His alzheimers didn't come until the 90s numnuts.

Bullshit. I know it was not. The Reagan legacy was a tide that lifted all income brackets. You can't just accept that because you are so damn biased. Working class? Pfft... wake the hell up... the US isn't an Czarist Russia. Reagan benefited the middle class, and his precedesser, Carter, shrunk the middle class's income. I don't appreciate people like you making stupid judgements.
America imports 52 percent of its oil... 42 percent from the Middle East. I think a 42 percent cut in oil would cause problems.

Second, you know two things about Reagan's effect on American economics, jack and ****, and jack left town.

Reagan busted unions which preserve workers rights and fair wages. Sure he created more jobs, but he did away with higher paying jobs and created more lower paying jobs.

Stupid judgements? I am minoring in political science and economics at DePaul University in Illinois. I just finished a 20 page dissertation on the US Economy from 1975-2000. You look like you are about 16 or 17 years old. I doubt you know anything except from what you see on TV.

My suggestion... get and education, then flame people on online message boards AFTER you know what it is you are talking about.

Alzheimers in the 90's? Apparantly you never saw any of Reagan's TV addresses to the nation. Half the time he couldn't remember to read the cue cards and he trailed off on some scewed tangent topic. The guy was an invalid. He was a puppet for the Republican party so they could exert their "rich get richer" agenda.

Between 1981 and 1989, the annual cost of living in the US went from about $26,000 to $35,000, while the average mean income decreased from $32,000 to $30,000. Reagan helped the top 1% of the population get richer. BECAUSE THAT'S WHO REPUBLICANS REPRESENT!

Old April 5, 2002, 13:28   #59
Sava

Quote:
Originally posted by DetroitDave

Wrong and short-sighted. Arab economies would be decimated, and the rest of OPEC would have something to say about it as well. The US would take a hit in the short term-, but could recoup over the long-term.

Dave
I'm short-sighted? Gee... Arab countries don't have real economies.

They have a few hundred oil billionaires making money hand over foot selling oil to the West.

Do you know what life is like in the Arab world? Obviously not.

Old April 5, 2002, 14:15   #60
Jac de Molay
Prince

Quote:
America imports 52 percent of its oil... 42 percent from the Middle East. I think a 42 percent cut in oil would cause problems.
So which of your imaginary friends told you that? According to Department of Energy it's more like 13% of imports. Giancarlo was more right.

Quote:
I'm short-sighted? Gee... Arab countries don't have real economies.
Arab oil states have been in decline due to vigorous competition and lower overall prices. Many of these economies still carry massive amounts of debt dating back to the 70s and 80s, while non-gulf competitors invested in new and improved infrastructure. Because they're priming less of the pump, their sway over Israel/Pal policys has diminished markedly.

Quote:
Do you know what life is like in the Arab world? Obviously not.
Not anymore than you do. But at least I take the time to understand before waxing poetic about the problems of the world.

Have a nice day.

Dave
"Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.