Old April 5, 2002, 00:22   #1
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Local Time: 16:35
Local Date: October 31, 2010
This forum is dead
You know, this forum use to be alive with so much activity on it, but lately, just in the past few days, it seems like it's almost, well, dead. Almost no one posts here anymore. What's up with that?

"And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
Old April 5, 2002, 00:29   #2
The Thinker
Chieftain

Local Time: 14:35
Hmm, I count 41 threads with activity in the last two days, many with mulitple posts. Just how active should a "general" Civ 3 board be?
Old April 5, 2002, 00:29   #3
asleepathewheel
C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG Gathering StormC4DG Gathering Storm
Emperor

Local Time: 17:35
maybe it seems dead to you because threads like "which game is better, Civ3 or Ctp2" get moved to community, as this likely will as well as your collaboration thread.

this forum seems pretty active to me, not enough whiners for you?
Old April 5, 2002, 00:29   #4
Spec
Emperor

Local Time: 22:35
Yea, I noticed too. Maybe Ming went on a rampage and banned half the apolyton community by coin toss?
Old April 5, 2002, 00:32   #5
KrazyHorse
Deity

Local Time: 18:35
Re: This forum is dead
Quote:
Originally posted by Cloud9
You know, this forum use to be alive with so much activity on it, but lately, just in the past few days, it seems like it's almost, well, dead. Almost no one posts here anymore. What's up with that?
And thank God. It had become a real whine-, troll- and flame-fest for a while there. I actually started reading it again about a week ago, when it became managable for the first time in months.
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old April 5, 2002, 00:35   #6
DrFell
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 23:35
Re: Re: This forum is dead
I personally haven't had much time to post. Not that I was ever a very active whiner (apart from complaining how easy deity is).
Old April 5, 2002, 00:43   #7
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

I'd rather have this level of activity than twice as many threads mostly composed of mindless whining and/or praising.
Old April 5, 2002, 00:45   #8
KrazyHorse
Deity

Local Time: 18:35
So we agree.
Get Rich or Die Tryin'
Old April 5, 2002, 00:49   #9
Tuberski

Local Time: 17:35
It will pick up again when(if) the new patch comes out, there just isn't anything new to complain about.
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old April 5, 2002, 00:53   #10
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

"And there will be strange events in the skies--signs in the sun, moon, and stars. And down here on earth the nations will be in turmoil, perplexed by the roaring seas and strange tides. The courage of many people will falter because of the fearful fate they see coming upon the earth, because the stability of the very heavens will be broken up. Then everyone will see the Son of Man arrive on the clouds with power and great glory. So when all these things begin to happen, stand straight and look up, for your salvation is near!" --Luke 21:25-28
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven with a commanding shout, with the call of the archangel, and with the trumpet call of God. First, all the Christians who have died will rise from their graves. Then, together with them, we who are still alive and remain on the earth will be caught up in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and remain with him forever. --1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
Old April 5, 2002, 02:25   #11
Dida
Prince

This forum is dead just like the game.
I stopped playing it long time ago. So, there is nothing to talk about.

Artistic and hand-made ceramics found only at www.forgiftable.com.
Old April 5, 2002, 02:28   #12
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Dida
This forum is dead just like the game.
I stopped playing it long time ago. So, there is nothing to talk about.
See, what did I tell you.

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Old April 5, 2002, 02:51   #13
kailhun
Warlord

There doesn't seem to be much new to talk about. Most of the posts aren't really concerned with Civ3 anymore:

Brian Reynolds true genius?
Forum dead
Naval history
Alternative name civ4
Understanding Fir. programmers

And the ones that are about civ3 are only so indirectly:

Last game: memory, speed and mapsize
French colour changes
Game too american
next patch?

And a lot of posts about what could be done differently. I too get the feeling that this forum is slowing down. Not so much in the amount of posts (after all we are still bored in our jobs ), but definately in the quality. Most people seem to have run out of useful things to say.

Robert
Old April 5, 2002, 02:56   #14
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by kailhun
Most people seem to have run out of useful things to say.
Ah, but nevertheless, I have a few more tricks up my sleevies. And by the time I'm done with those I'll have even more tricks. But unfortunately, it will take some time before I post them here.
Old April 5, 2002, 03:01   #15
Mr. Nice Guy
Mac
Warlord

Repeat.

Ooops.

EDIT EDIT
Old April 5, 2002, 03:46   #16
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 00:35
Local Date: November 1, 2010