Old April 6, 2002, 16:20   #1
ds-61-5
Settler

Local Time: 15:39
Local Date: October 31, 2010
still need help with scenario
a couple days ago I asked how to change the turns from years to days or months and how to insert messages that will pop and have an effect on the game (like Execute Parmenion or DIsagree in the Alexander scenario). I think tigger answered my first question but no one has been kind enough to answer about the messages.
thanks to anyone who will help me
Old April 6, 2002, 16:39   #2
Peter Triggs
CTP2 Source Code ProjectCivilization IV Creators
King

Local Time: 22:39
Sorry, missed you out there.

There's a thread called 'Getting Started With SLIC', which I've just bumped. At the bottom of it, Immortal Wombat has a section on messages. There's also the original documentation which is undoubtedly pointed to somewhere in that thread.

Afte you've read that, post again with more details and maybe an example of what you want to do, and someone will give you more help.

PS, don't be depressed by the crashes/error messages you're probably going to start getting.
Old April 6, 2002, 16:56   #3
Martin Gühmann
staff
Call to Power II Democracy GameCall to Power Democracy GameCTP2 Source Code Project
Super Moderator

Local Time: 00:39
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Triggs
PS, don't be depressed by the crashes/error messages you're probably going to start getting.
Yeah and don't let it bother you if CTP2 crashs, just restart than or if necessary reboot. Yeah it is not everytime so easy to get everything to work just forget a "{", "}", "(", ")", ";" or a "," but actual that are the simple mistakes that you could do. It is more tricky to understand why your function won't do the thing what you expected. So just try.

-Martin
Old April 7, 2002, 05:11   #4
tigger
Chieftain

Sorry guysmy fault. Major attack on real life. Thanks Peter & Martin for answering the question. Ds feel free to ask anything else and someone will answer! There are mostly Modders on the site but there are a few of us who write scenarios
Old April 7, 2002, 05:46   #5
tigger
Chieftain

Once you've looked at the thread Peter has referred to you mkight want to check out Hexagonians modders guide at http://www.geocities.com/hexagonia/

Then you're best bet is probably to look at existing scenario files to see how things have been done. With messages the files to look at in the Alex scenario are scen_str.txt, AG_msg.slc & scenario.slc.

If you get majorly stuck post the specific problem and someone will be able to help