Old April 7, 2002, 21:05   #1
~Vodka~
Chieftain

Local Time: 17:42
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Winning wars, not so bad?
Played a game in monarch difficutly today and for the first time ever I got through 9/10 of a game in Democracy.(I was babs)In a small Pangea map.

The early game was a victory all the way: 5 comp opponenets, 1 eliminated before the stone age ended b/c he attacked me with 1 of his 2 worriors when I refused to pay tribute, I then attacked his 2 cities with spearmen.(If this sounds farmilliar, it was the greeks )

Anyways by the time I got Democracy there were 3 comps left and 1 was at war with me at the time.(I was winning a clear victory.) Shorty after there were two, now I teched and went out of my way to get communism b/c I always end up using it...

Near the end of the Industrial age I attack the next AI opponent, he is about the same size and tech as me but smaller army(at least mobile army)than mine. I again win a clear victory, not even noticing that I had not changed governments before hand since there was no dis-rest.

Last war going on, I am still democracy. I'm getting in TONS of luxuries and I have police stations and courthouses in every city.
The war isn't going so well and it starts to swing in opponents favor... citys start to go into civil dis-rest and all that good stuff.

I eventually won but only after I switched to communism to quell the dissorder. I'm starting to think that the odds of winning the battles or the ammount of units opposing you affects the stability of the population... could it be?

Another brilliant Idea from the think tank. Sure, why don't ya both come up. We'll put the prisioner on the honor system, have 'er guard 'erself.