View Poll Results: How would the ppl of the Democracy Game like to view their history?
Narrative story, with smileys and attached RTF 14 63.64%
Narrative story, but no smileys or attachments 3 13.64%
A basic list of dates and accomplishments is better. 1 4.55%
Just spell my name right. Other than that, I don't care. 3 13.64%
A history of bananas would be nice... 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 8, 2002, 09:53   #1
-Jrabbit
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II MultiplayerMacCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Succession Games
Deity

Local Time: 17:43
Local Date: October 31, 2010
History Format
How would the ppl most like to view their History?

"The Borg are gay." -Drake Tungsten

Last edited by -Jrabbit; April 8, 2002 at 10:05.
Old April 8, 2002, 11:14   #2
Marquis de Sodaq
King

Local Time: 16:43
I say narrative! It adds color to the game - anybody can type up a list of events, a narrative makes for enjoyable reading.

The gift of speech is given to many,
intelligence to few.
Old April 8, 2002, 11:58   #3
shade
Civilization II Democracy Game
King

Local Time: 23:43
I love a narrative story(I'm sorry my history report wasn't like that but I had no time to spair...it was 1 o'clock when I finnally got into bed...damn astrophysics )

btw -Jrabbit I send you the 200ad save already when that part of history is finished I'll bug you with the next one is that ok?

Shade
Old April 8, 2002, 12:23   #4
-Jrabbit
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II MultiplayerMacCivilization IV: MultiplayerCivilization II Succession Games
Deity

Mr. Prez -- Sorry to report, I never received the 200 AD save. When did that happen? (It might have been accidentally cleaned out with the junk email.) Try sending a ZIP to the email in my profile (rather than the one I PM'd you).

No need to apologize for your history report -- converting your records into narrative is my gig, and I'm glad to do it. What you've posted is fine.

When tracking the game as it plays, try to keep in mind the events of interest to the ppl -- new cities, new technologies, hut-tipping, encounters with other civs, WoW progress (both ours and others'), any military engagement and its result, barb activity, diplomatic news, unusual build decisions, map progress, etc. (As we move along, adding the names and titles of the leaders of AI civs would be a nice touch.)

Oh, and I can help with astrophysics -- just remember that Scorpios are sexy and Aquarius is a water sign. You can fake the rest!

Lest there be any misunderstanding, let me now publicly swear my loyalty and support of our esteemed and duly elected President Shade!

Keep up the great work, Mr. President. It's great to hear that your priorities are in order -- Democracy Game first, homework last!

*(-Jrabbit after leaving the throne room )*

Old April 8, 2002, 12:36   #5
shade
King

Quote:
Originally posted by -Jrabbit
Mr. Prez -- Sorry to report, I never received the 200 AD save. When did that happen? (It might have been accidentally cleaned out with the junk email.) Try sending a ZIP to the email in my profile (rather than the one I PM'd you).
due to privacy regulations I can't see that adress,but it's also impossible to attach something to it...I'll send again.+latest one

Did the other advisors get their save???please let me know if you didn't .My clearvoiance isn't that develloped so I can see such things.
Quote:
Oh, and I can help with astrophysics -- just remember that Scorpios are sexy and Aquarius is a water sign. You can fake the rest!
sorry it's about gravitational lensing...and after more then half a day of calculating we now know we used the wrong coordinates
Quote:
*(-Jrabbit after leaving the throne room )*
You'd better stop laughing(and go once over the history thread there are some typo's,so it's not only me who's incompetent at writting )

Shade
Old April 8, 2002, 12:56   #6
-Jrabbit
Deity

Shade --

1. I'll PM you my (more dependable) work email. Please re-send whatever saves are available as ZIP files.

2. I know the difference between astronomy and astrophysics. That was a joke, son!

3. I did find a few typos that escaped spellcheck when I added smiles to Chapter I this morning. Chapter II will get the same treatment when I have a bit more time.

Remember, ppl --

Please note any errors in spelling, grammar, or omission and POST THEM TO THE HISTORY THREAD!

I'll be happy to make corrections.
( Revisionist History -- an American Specialty! )

Stop laughing? I don't think so...

Old April 8, 2002, 13:09   #7
shade
King

Quote:
Originally posted by -Jrabbit
2. I know the difference between astronomy and astrophysics. That was a joke, son!
euhm jup I know(btw they are also the names for some stellar combinations )
(somehow my sence of humor allways dies when I have to do astronomy or astrophysics... )

Shade
Old April 8, 2002, 13:20   #8
-Jrabbit
Deity

Quote:
somehow my sence of humor allways dies when I have to do astronomy or astrophysics...
Let us know when it returns. I'll stop making jokes -- and correcting your spelling -- until then.

Old April 8, 2002, 13:41   #9
Marquis de Sodaq
King

Quote:
Originally posted by shade
sorry it's about gravitational lensing...and after more then half a day of calculating we now know we used the wrong coordinates
Aha! Finally, proof that there are not infinite correct answers to that problem! Now for the correct coordinates...

The gift of speech is given to many,
intelligence to few.
Old April 8, 2002, 13:50   #10
shade
King

be nice or I'll differentiate you
(it's almost as annoying as half a cabinet not reporting in.)

Shade
Old April 8, 2002, 14:35   #11
steelehc
Prince

Local Time: 13:43
For our glorious history, we need EVERYTHING!!!!

It needs to be chiseled on stone prymiads, written into a 3-hour feature length film, drawn up as holograms, turned into a musical, written in braille, broadcast all over the world on radio and TV, recorded on DVD, CD, and 8-track, and released as an epic miniseries.

If our historian can do all that, he needs a raise. I think the narrative is the best idea, perhaps with smileys and an RTF.

Steele
Old April 8, 2002, 16:09   #12
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

I like the idea of a narrative, with smileys.
Old April 8, 2002, 16:25   #13
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 01:43
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I concurr with ixnay - the works! I'd much rather read a descriptive and humorous story that has some fat around the skeleton, rather then a simple "On year that-and-that this happened" - form.
Old April 10, 2002, 04:48   #14
James Adams
Civilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Multiplayer
Prince

Local Time: 22:43
I like to have history as a narrative!
Old April 10, 2002, 08:59   #15
Zealot
King

All pretty stuff in it, but with my name spelled right please!
Always thought settlers looked like Viking helmets. Took me a while to spot they were supposed to be wagons. - The pirate about Settlers in Civ 1
Old April 10, 2002, 22:31   #16
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 22:43
I am the only person to vote for: dates and accomplishments because it is a quick read and it condenses information- if you have the time it would be nice if you'd do that for the game as well as the narrarative story (which, by the way, could be fairly interesting, I do agree)
Old April 11, 2002, 04:58   #17
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 01:43
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I'll give our Historian special kudos for writing my handle correctly without a need of correction.