Old April 8, 2002, 13:00   #1
SultanofATL
Chieftain

Local Time: 22:43
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Has anyone seen this
I'm the Persians sharing a continent with the Iroquois and Russians. I have an MPP with Hiwatha. Russians attack him. I go to war with Russians. Hiwatha attacks me. I make peace with Catherine signing MA against Hiwatha. A turn later Russia declares war on me. I go to the FA screen to check status of Russia and Iroquois. They are not at war and are not at peace. They proceed to both attack me and each other for the next 5 turns, yet never declare war on each other. Pretty intresting AI maneuver if its not a bug.
Old April 8, 2002, 13:35   #2
Kilroy_Alpha
Warlord

Local Time: 14:43
Quick question: how did you avoid throwing your computer through the wall after all this? **** like this should never happen, otherwise WHAT IS THE GODDAMN POINT IN MAKING THE PACTS IN THE FIRST PLACE. Let the record show that, I already hate this game, and should the next patch really suck (and there's little doubt that it will), that will be the end of the Civ franchise, for me. Sad, really.
Old April 8, 2002, 15:02   #3
Jaybe
Mac
Emperor

Local Time: 15:43
Something like your experience seems to be quite rare.

While it might well have been a bug (don't forget to send your saved game to Firaxis), it might also just be one of those strange, rare events in alternate history, such as 9/11.

JB
Old April 8, 2002, 15:31   #4
Inverse Icarus
Emperor

Local Time: 17:43
i've never seen an AI go all crazy like that. sure i've seen the AI go crazy and do all sorts of wacky stuff, but i never saw them manipulate the alliance system like that. DEAR LORD, MAYBE THEY'RE LEARNING!!!! no, soren didn't make an AI that learns, or for that matter, thinks. Artificial Ignorance is a better term. or Artificial Inability (cheating). it must be a bug.
Old April 8, 2002, 16:09   #5
Carver
Prince

Local Time: 16:43
Sounds like Hiwatha and Catherine were acting like they had a MPP with one another - which, of course, should have been voided if they went to war with one another.
Old April 8, 2002, 16:13   #6
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

In the early stages of a game, I have seen the computer civs attacking each other, even though the diplomacy screen shows that there are no relations between the civs. That is fairly annoying...
Old April 8, 2002, 16:21   #7
Ethelred
King

Local Time: 14:43
Quote:
I go to the FA screen to check status of Russia and Iroquois. They are not at war and are not at peace.
For a bit of clarification. Did you have embassies with both of them?

Sure sounds weird either way though.
Old April 8, 2002, 16:49   #8
cephyn
Settler

Local Time: 22:43
Quote:
Originally posted by ixnay37
In the early stages of a game, I have seen the computer civs attacking each other, even though the diplomacy screen shows that there are no relations between the civs. That is fairly annoying...
You need embassies at the other civs to see their diplomatic relations.
Old April 8, 2002, 16:59   #9
ixnay
Civilization II Democracy GamePtWDG Lux InvictaPtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 Cake or Death?C3C IDG: Apolyton TeamApolytoners Hall of FameCivilization IV CreatorsAge of Nations Team
Emperor

Hmph, I guess I never realized that. It makes sense, though...