Old April 8, 2002, 18:20   #1
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Local Time: 16:45
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Story COntest History
This thread is a compilation of the results from all of the story contests. I would like to congratulate TheGuitarist for winning with his story "Es Frater Meus, Et Es Inimicus Meus"!!

History:
COntest 1: 1st place- Generations by WTE_OzWolf-part 1 and the rest (10 votes, 53%)
2nd place- Grecian by Toasty (4 votes, 21%)
3rd place- Bored...with 20 nukes in the arsenal by Kinniken (3 votes, 16%)

COntest 2: 1st place- Odyssey of a Hero by WTE_OzWolf (7 votes, 64%)
2nd place- The Hunting Season by cbraund (3 votes, 27%)
3rd place- Great Big Death story of MRkorth! by Jeremy (1 vote, 9%)

Contest 3: 1st place-Crazed Greek Wanderings by Metaliturtle (6 votes, 50%)
2nd and 3rd place (tie)-Fate of The Dragon by cbraund and Zulu Rules by Samuel Johnson (3 votes, 25% each)

COntest 4: 1st place- Knights of the Black Cross by Rotten999 (11 votes, 46%)
2nd place- A Debate in the U.N. by Metaliturtle (6 votes, 25%)
3rd place- Dangerous Games by cbraund (5 votes, 21%)

Best of the Best Contests 1-4: 1st place- Knights of the Black Cross by Rotten999 (5 votes, 33%)
2nd place- Odyssey of a Hero by WTE_OzWolf (3 votes, 20%)
3rd place (tie)- Crazed Greek Wanderings by Metaliturtle and Generations by WTE_OzWolf-part 1 and the rest (2 votes, 13% each)

Contest 5: 1st place-To Die For(Dangerous Games II) by cbraund (5 votes, 42%)
2nd and 3rd place (tie)-Of Freindship and War by Civ3King and A New Creation of Order by Sovy Kurosei (2 votes, 17% each)

COntest 6: 1st place- Amy's Story by Bella Hella (8 votes, 53%)
2nd place- Patriots and Tyrants(Dangerous Games III) by cbraund (4 votes, 27%)
3rd place- The Hidden Dagger by cbraund (2 votes, 13%)

COntest 7: 1st place- The Dead and the Dying... by cbraund (5 votes, 45%)
2nd place- The European Family by Toasty (3 votes, 27%)
3rd place- Bad Neighbors by Metaliturtle (2 votes, 18%)

COntest 8: 1st place- The Cost of War by WTE_OzWolf (6 votes, 38%)
2nd place- Where the Sun Never Sets by History Guy (5 votes, 31%)
3rd place (tie)- A Grand Day by johncmcleod and
Book 1 (Dagger Of Justice Series) by High Lord J (2 votes, 13% each)

Best of the Best Contests 5-8: 1st place- The Cost of War by WTE_OzWolf (6 votes, 32%)
2nd place- Amy's Story by Bella Hella (5 votes, 26%)
3rd place- The Dead and the Dying... by cbraund (3 votes, 16%)

COntest 9: 1st place- Our Secret War by GeneralTacticus (6 votes, 33%, 6 votes, 86% in runoff)
2nd place- Civ3-Poem by DarkCloud (6 votes, 33%, 1 vote, 14% in runoff)
3rd place- For Better or Worse... by cbraund (4 votes, 22%)

Contest 10: 1st place-Eyes of the Innocent by Grundel (8 votes, 67%)
2nd and 3rd place (tie)-Tarhai Triad by beno and The Epic Tale of Navalon by Kramerman (2 votes, 17% each)

COntest 11: 1st place- Obsession by grundel (6 votes, 46%)
2nd place- Forging an Empire by Metaliturtle (5 votes, 38%)
3rd place- Nuclear Supremacy by Verto (2 votes, 15%)

Contest 12: 1st place-“Es Frater Meus, Et Es Inimicus Meus” (“You Are My Brother, And You Are My Enemy”) by TheGuitarist (5 votes, 42%)
2nd and 3rd place (tie)-The Plight of One Worker by Insane_Ike and Six Degrees of Seperation by Velociryx (3 votes, 25% each)

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal

Last edited by civman2000; August 12, 2002 at 10:08.
Old April 19, 2002, 17:12   #2
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

WTE_OzWolf has done it again, winning with over 60% in the second contest!!!

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old April 19, 2002, 17:19   #3
steelehc
Prince

Local Time: 13:45
Civman2000: I suggest you try to convince MarkG that the prize for the contest be brought back. Not only would that increase the amount of stories we see here, but also add a little something to the contest itself.

You are doing a fine job of running this, however.

Steele
Old April 19, 2002, 17:22   #4
civman2000
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by steelehc
Civman2000: I suggest you try to convince MarkG that the prize for the contest be brought back. Not only would that increase the amount of stories we see here, but also add a little something to the contest itself.

You are doing a fine job of running this, however.

Steele
Well, I've noticed that this forum isnt actually moderated by anyone...a few times I've tried to get some of the story contest stuff to be sticky threads but I've just been ignored....

Old April 19, 2002, 19:35   #5
Richelieu
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 18:45
Civman
You should go to the Apolyton/Community forum and create a thread specifically for asking either Ming or Mark to come back here and at least create the stickys that you need.
That seems to be one of the place that they visit regularly. Unlike here.
(edit) Actually, i'll do it.
Old April 19, 2002, 22:23   #6
civman2000
Emperor

Re: Civman
Quote:
Originally posted by Richelieu
Actually, i'll do it.
thanks for doing so...try to get mark though, ming doesnt like me very much (he's the king of favortism)...

Old May 6, 2002, 16:44   #7
civman2000
Emperor

cbraund now has 2 second places (although one was a tie) but will he ever get first?

Old May 6, 2002, 16:49   #8
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Local Time: 17:45
Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
probably, my humor gets stale quickly, although I could say Orgies for all and get a cheer just about anywhere
Old May 21, 2002, 11:42   #9
civman2000
Emperor

congratulations rotten!

Old May 21, 2002, 18:38   #10
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Great job man
Old May 28, 2002, 11:10   #11
civman2000
Emperor

After 2 second places and a third place, cbraund has finally won!

Old May 28, 2002, 12:05   #12
civman2000
Emperor

And Rotten wins the best of the best!

Old June 6, 2002, 17:21   #13
civman2000
Emperor

Congrats bella hella!

Old June 11, 2002, 20:53   #14
civman2000
Emperor

cbraund wins his second!

Old June 15, 2002, 21:22   #15
civman2000
Emperor

Every single one of ozwolf's stories have won! He know has 3 wins!!

Old June 16, 2002, 13:12   #16
Metaliturtle
staff
King

Rotten has had the most people vote for a single story
Old June 16, 2002, 22:05   #17
civman2000
Emperor

True, but there were tons of voters in that one so 11 was only 46% (not to take anything away from him ). The winner of the highest percentage was odyssey of a hero.

Old June 27, 2002, 08:50   #18
civman2000
Emperor

bump

Old July 8, 2002, 15:00   #19
Metaliturtle
staff
King

Afro is fun
Old July 11, 2002, 08:37   #20
civman2000
Emperor

history has been updated!

Old July 11, 2002, 10:59   #21
Metaliturtle
staff
King

Civman, how was your trip into mormon country?
Old July 11, 2002, 22:04   #22
Kramerman
Prince

Ah, I see civman has returned from his trip.
I have some Mormon ancestors, you know. My great great great great grandfather, or something like that, had like 4 wives, and then had to move to Mexico after the US outlawed polygamy.... stupid law...

Kman
Old August 6, 2002, 16:26   #23
Verto
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildNationStatesMac
King

I'm a mormon. I feel special.
Old August 6, 2002, 17:01   #24
Kramerman
Prince

Quote:
Originally posted by Verto
I'm a mormon. I feel special.
Do yall still allow multiple wives? Like if you were to go to another country or something?
Old August 6, 2002, 21:50   #25
Verto
Apolyton Storywriters' GuildNationStatesMac
King

No, polygamy hasn't been allowed since the 'Manifesto' was issued by the Prophet Wilford Woodruff, around the time the U.S. was preparing to outlaw it.

I know you're all dying to know all this, of course.
Old January 7, 2003, 19:42   #26
vovan
Apolyton UniversityCivilization IV CreatorsSporeApolyton Storywriters' GuildC3CDG Blood Oath HordeC4DG The Horde
Emperor

Since we finally got over the problematic contest number 13, I figured it would be nice to continue the tradition of story contest history. Since civman isn't anywhere to be found to edit his first post, I suppose it would be OK to get back to the list here.

Contest 13: First place: Mike's story by ChrisiusMaximus (6 votes, 50%)
Second place and Third place (tie): Ghost of Thermopilie by Lord_Zalzabad and The America Series by steamthunk (3 votes, 25% each)

Congratulations, it seems we are back on track with the competition.
Spore page
Old January 8, 2003, 21:04   #27
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 22:45
Thanks for posting that vovansim
Old January 9, 2003, 23:57   #28
Centauri18
Prince

Local Time: 15:45
Just want to say that these stories rock. Seriously.
Old January 10, 2003, 22:46   #29
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 22:45
Hmm... I think we had a best of the best on 8-12, but It isn't listed in civmans list ? Should we hold another?
Old January 16, 2003, 02:48   #30
Centauri18
Prince

Local Time: 15:45
Hold another.