Old April 9, 2002, 19:12   #1
rpodos
Warlord

Local Time: 17:48
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Fortresses
Do fortresses heal as they did in Civ2? I can't find anything about the subject anywhere.

I don't think they do.

R
Old April 9, 2002, 19:21   #2
Coracle
Prince

Local Time: 17:48
They "heal" only if you use plenty of Bactine and Neosporin.

I don't consider fortresses worth building unless you lower a bit the time it takes workers to build them, and increase a little their strength in the Editor.
Old April 10, 2002, 12:45   #3
Arrian
PtWDG Gathering StormInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamApolyton UniversityC4DG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Cake or Death?
Deity

Local Time: 18:48
I was under the impression that fortresses doubled healing rates (so 2hp per turn instead of 1). Like a city w/o a barracks. But I could be wrong. I've never really paid much attention, as I don't often use fortresses. Occasionally, but not often.

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.
Old April 10, 2002, 12:53   #4
Deornwulf
Warlord

Local Time: 22:48
Defensive Values
I think fortresses should have an inherent defense value by themselves without a unit present. Think of it as a static defense force. The defensive value could increase as the civilization becomes more advanced. Perhaps to keep it "realistic" it could cost the nearest city the use of a laborer for the defense force to be active.
Old April 10, 2002, 13:14   #5
Nym
Prince

Local Time: 23:48
Re: Defensive Values
Quote:
Originally posted by Deornwulf
I think fortresses should have an inherent defense value by themselves without a unit present. Think of it as a static defense force. The defensive value could increase as the civilization becomes more advanced. Perhaps to keep it "realistic" it could cost the nearest city the use of a laborer for the defense force to be active.
I do not think it should have a static defense value, or may be a very low (1 for example); in real world you can quite easily capture a fortress if there is nobody to defend it. I would rather suggest a percentage increase of the defensive value within the fortress (as it is now), which percentage could then increase as the civilization becomes more advanced. Perhaps could it be combined with a low inherent and static defense value, in order to defend such units like workers, settlers or artilleries.