View Poll Results: Are you prepared to die for your country?
Yes 31 35.63%
No 45 51.72%
Only if I get bananas in paradise 11 12.64%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old April 11, 2002, 22:59   #121
Serb
Emperor

Local Time: 05:49
Local Date: November 1, 2010
The ObL can be pleased by results of this poll- more then a half of you don't want to sacrifice your lifes for your countries. Shame on you cowards.

"The men who don't ready to die for something don't deserve to live"
M. L. King

Quote:
Originally posted by David Floyd
At least you're honest - most people are full of ****, when they say they'de die...oh really? They think they could psychologically handle doing something they KNOW would kill them when they have an option not to. Bullshit! That's against human nature.
This against coward's nature. The history have a lot of examples how people sacrificed their lifes for their belifs and principles.

P.S. Sava you confirmed once again that you are a brainwashed paranoid. "WW3", "task forces to prevent nukes", "one billion of dead". Sure you are a paranoid or imbicile or something, your brain is hard damaged, do you know about this?

Last edited by Serb; April 11, 2002 at 23:30.
Old April 11, 2002, 23:04   #122
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by paiktis22
With citizens like Dinodoc, USA has no future.

True.
But as long as they have a lot of Arianns, GPs and Sikanders USA have a future.
Old April 11, 2002, 23:27   #123
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 18:49
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Of course not! I would never....

::looks at thread I started in OP Forum:::

Oh...I guess I WOULD die for my country!

But I'd much rather live for it.

And to all you people out there who said "No":

Wussies.
Old April 11, 2002, 23:37   #124
Tuberski

Local Time: 17:49
I've been writing in this forum and never bothered to vote...one more Yes.
"I think Bigfoot is blurry, that's the problem. It's not the photographer's fault. Bigfoot is blurry, and that's extra scary to me. There's a large out of focus monster roaming the countryside. Look out, he's fuzzy, let's get out of here."
Old April 11, 2002, 23:45   #125
Lonestar
inmate
King

This is for all you Pansies out there.

Old April 11, 2002, 23:50   #126
JCG
Prince

It's redundant to ask whether I'd die for my country or not, since I'd be willing to die, period. Hopefully not a painful death, but then again, the pain can only be momentary.
Old April 11, 2002, 23:57   #127
Ramo
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Of course I'm willing to die for my country.

You people would die for other people, but not for a country. People are the country. And people are just as bad as countries, maybe because they make up the countries . I have yet to meet a person as honest as myself. People are scum . I have yet to find someone worth dying for outside of immediate family I grew up with. I have yet to meet anyone with as good of morals as myself. Yes even Speer and his pretend make believe morals couldn't hold up to mine.
You're tripping over yourself.

First, you say you're willing to die for your country.

Then you say people are the country (which I certainly don't agree with).

Then you say you aren't willing to die for people outside of your family.

But because people are the country, you logically wouldn't be willing to die for your country.
"Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before. He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. "
-Bokonon
Old April 11, 2002, 23:59   #128
loinburger
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
This is for all you Pansies out there.
God bless the Forum Goons.
Old April 11, 2002, 23:59   #129
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by loinburger

God bless the Forum Goons.
Being a fan of Goonies, that means a lot to me.
Old April 12, 2002, 02:42   #130
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 00:49
Quote:
Originally posted by Natan
To me, the argument that we owe no love for or loyalty to our country because our freedoms are inherent is like a child who says he has no love for or loyalty to his parents because he has a right to be fed, clothed, and educated.
Old April 12, 2002, 02:48   #131
Dis
ACDG3 SpartansC4DG Vox
Deity

Local Time: 15:49
don't ask me Ramo, I can't explain the words I write . I was drunk. Yeah that's it. Must explain why I spammed the civ3 general with one of my threads, and got a PCR.
Old April 12, 2002, 03:32   #132
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

It depends on what it is.

In WW2, then yeah, I'd fight for the US, but for Vietnam... I'm not so sure.

Why didn't you just say prepared to fight for your country rather than die for your country. People just don't want to die, you know?

In war, you have a chance, it isn't like you are marching into machine guns with sticks.
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old April 12, 2002, 04:44   #133
Zoid
inmate
C4DG The HordeCivilization IV PBEMCivilization IV: MultiplayerC4BtSDG Rabbits of CaerbannogC4WDG Southern Cross

Local Time: 23:49
Quote:
Originally posted by faded glory

Shitfulbrains
Isn´t that shitforbrains?
Old April 12, 2002, 05:59   #134
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui

Why didn't you just say prepared to fight for your country rather than die for your country. People just don't want to die, you know?
Because it's the same. If you are ready to fight for your country, it means that you should be ready to be killed in action.
Old April 12, 2002, 06:10   #135
Imran Siddiqui
staff
Apolytoners Hall of FameAge of Nations TeamPolyCast Team

Quote:
If you are ready to fight for your country, it means that you should be ready to be killed in action.
Yes, I agree, but it is not the same. I mean, when someone says are you willing to die for your country... that could mean suicide bombing. That isn't the same as fighting.
“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
- John 13:34-35 (NRSV)
Old April 12, 2002, 08:20   #136
our_man
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

I'd like to think I'd sacrifice myself to protect my way of life; but this isn't neccesarily the same as dying for my country. I believe that ideals are more important to protect than the country you were born in - of course the two often coincide, making dying for one like dying for the other.

People that are willing to die for their country without question are no doubt brave, it just strikes me as wrong to do it for no other reason other than the fact that it is the land of your birth. I don't think any of us can imagine sacrificing ourselves to save Saddam's regime had we been born in Iraq.
Old April 12, 2002, 08:37   #137
Sava

Because of my technical skills, I'd probably be better in communications than infantry. I would probably join the Air Force (I have a pilot's license). I have always wanted to fly a jet. One of my friends from high school joined the Air National Guard. He gets to fly F-16's. I might go see him during the summer when I'm on break.

The military is great for a reason. Whatever skills you have, they put you in a field where you can do the most good. If you are an idiot, they put you in infantry and teach you how to rush into a hot zone. If you have good strategic skills and are physically adept, they put you in special forces. If you are a sociopath, they put you in intellegence. If you are good at computers, they put you in communications, etc, etc, etc.

GP, the military uses video games to train their soldiers.

Old April 12, 2002, 08:39   #138
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by our_man
I don't think any of us can imagine sacrificing ourselves to save Saddam's regime had we been born in Iraq.

Of course you can't imagine this, because you was not born in Iraq. I can asure you that people who were born in Iraq and live there now, think otherwise.

The personality of human is formed by culture, tradition, values, religion, the way of life etc. of country where this men was born and where this men spent his life.
If you are not ready to fight against people who want to destroy those things and if you are not ready to die during this fight, then you are betrayer of your nation. All is very simple.
Old April 12, 2002, 08:42   #139
our_man
Civilization II Democracy Game: Red FrontScenario League / Civ2-Creation
Prince

I don't honestly believe that a large amount of Iraqis will be willing to die to defend Saddam's regime. If I'm wrong however, the U.S. could be in for one hell of a fight when (if) it does attack Iraq.
Old April 12, 2002, 08:43   #140
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sava
The military is great for a reason. Whatever skills you have, they put you in a field where you can do the most good. If you are an idiot, they put you in infantry and teach you how to rush into a hot zone. If you have good strategic skills and are physically adept, they put you in special forces. If you are a sociopath, they put you in intellegence. If you are good at computers, they put you in communications, etc, etc, etc.

GP, the military uses video games to train their soldiers.
I wish to you a good luck in ifantry service.
Old April 12, 2002, 08:51   #141
Serb
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by our_man
I don't honestly believe that a large amount of Iraqis will be willing to die to defend Saddam's regime.
I can asure you they will. And mostly they will fight not for Saddam, but for their country, for their values. For them Americans are devils and an American way of life is the devil's way of life. And they will defend their country against agression, I am sure about this.

Quote:
If I'm wrong however, the U.S. could be in for one hell of a fight when (if) it does attack Iraq.
You may bomb it as long as you wish, they can do nothing to stop you. However, when you'll decide to conquer it, you'll find that Iraq's people will not accept your soldiers with open arms as liberators, they will treat you as agressors. And they will fight for freedom of their country, like Vietnamese done when USA invaded Vietnam.
Old April 12, 2002, 08:54   #142
Sava

Quote:
Originally posted by Serb

I can asure you they will. And mostly they will fight not for Saddam, but for their country, for their values. For them Americans are devils and an American way of life is the devil's way of life. And they will defend their country against agression, I am sure about this.
See children... propaganda does work.

Serb, have you even been to America?

Old April 12, 2002, 09:05   #143
Serb
Emperor

Quote:

See children... propaganda does work.
Propaganda always works.
Quote:
Serb, have you even been to America?
No, so what?
Old April 12, 2002, 09:12   #144
Sava

Quote:

Propaganda always works.

No, so what?
So basically, everything you know about America is what you read/view/hear from mass media. That speaks volumes about your credibility.

Old April 12, 2002, 09:18   #145
Serb
Emperor

Quote:

So basically, everything you know about America is what you read/view/hear from mass media. That speaks volumes about your credibility.
First-
Who talks about America here? We've talked about Iraq.

Second-
Most of the people who posted here never were in my country, however they think that they know much more about our history then we are.
Old April 12, 2002, 09:31   #146
Sava

Quote:

A-m-e-r-i-c-a spells America right?

I have cousins in Moscow... I assume you live in Russia, correct?

Old April 12, 2002, 10:05   #147
SlowwHand
inmate
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameGameLeague
Deity

Quote:
Originally posted by markusf

What about the people who droped the a-bomb in japan,
shouldn't they be tried for crimes against humanity? Or people behind US foriegn policy that kills millions?

Oh jeezus. What a shitforbrains statement.
Old April 12, 2002, 10:07   #148
Sava

Quote:
Originally posted by SlowwHand

Oh jeezus. What a shitforbrains statement.
heheh we can agree on some things Slowwhand...

Old April 12, 2002, 10:11   #149
Immortal Wombat
Apolytoners Hall of Fame
Prince

Quote:
Shame on you cowards.
Cannon-fodder
Old April 12, 2002, 10:19   #150
SlowwHand
inmate
Civilization II MultiplayerApolytoners Hall of FameGameLeague
Deity

April 9, 1942, the infamous "Death March" 6 days, 90 miles, began at the Mariveles terminating at Camp O'Donnell and later moved to Camp Cabanatuan.

According to Japanese Plans these P.O.W's were to be moved by foot, carrying their own rations to the border of Bataan and Pampango.

The main stage of the Death March was set at Mariveles, at the southern tip of Bataan Peninsula.

Troops started to march in a long column on a dusty road without food and water.
For many of the Bloody, frail men, this was the last march.

One man fell from exhaustion and was then flatten by a tank, as all the other troops witnessed this horrible action, other soldiers were hit by Japanese trucks passing by.

The P.O.W's were forced to stand next to a fresh stream but weren't allowed to drink from it, even though they were exhausted and dehydrated , after a while one soldier could not take it any more, he ran to the stream and fell in, face first, to drink. Immediately one of the Japanese guards ran over, pulled his sword out and cut his head off..

A great many men reached the end of their endurance. The dropouts became numerous. They fell on the roadside, some making no effort to rise. Groaning and weeping, some succeeded while others fell back helplessly.
As the march continued, the diseased, starving men staggered up the dusty road, prodded by the Japanese guards to keep moving. As one soldier was dying, he cried for water. He died on the dusty road. The heat of the day was so intense that they were half crazy from thirst. They arrived at a small stream that was contaminated with filthy water, a bloated corpse filled with maggots, this filthy stream the P.O.W's were allowed to drink from , as the Japanese guards laughed at them.

Death March ended after 6 days, where the P.O.W's boarded a train to the Death Camp.