Old April 10, 2002, 22:03   #1
steelehc
Prince

Local Time: 13:51
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Ultra-mega-super-turbo-lightspeed-awesome Succession game
There have been a lot of succession games recently. In light of the defeat suffered in the "succession game," I have decided to start another one. Game will be on Regent or Monarch, with the Germans, on a random continents map.

If anyone wants to join, post here, or PM me, or whatever.

Steele
Old April 10, 2002, 22:50   #2
Jonny
Civilization III Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesGalCiv Apolyton EmpireC3C IDG: Apolyton TeamC3CDG The Lost Boys

Local Time: 17:51
I'd play, but I'm too busy with the Babylonian Sucession Game.

You are welcome over there if no one comes here... Civman2000 has already joined mine.

My game is at http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=46777
Old April 10, 2002, 22:57   #3
Rotten999
Warlord

Local Time: 16:51
I'm in for that. I really thought the other game was going to end in victory...we'll win this time!
Old April 10, 2002, 23:14   #4
steelehc
Prince

Welcome aboard, Rotten. Yes, we'll be damn sure to win.

Steele
Old April 11, 2002, 01:17   #5
godinex
Prince

You always can count on Me...
Old April 11, 2002, 01:55   #6
Giovanni August
Warlord

Local Time: 23:51
Location: Torino (Turin) Piemonte ITALY / Augusta Taurinorum - Sub Alpes Italia
I would like to join your succession game, because our French /read/play/enjoy had crashed a few weeks ago and it looks like nobody is able to play.

Sign me up, thanks.

Saluti
Old April 11, 2002, 03:06   #7
Harovan
staff
PtWDG Gathering StormPtWDG2 Monty PythonC4DG Gathering Storm
Civ4: Colonization Content Editor

I'm also coming from the French game, but I won't join this one so far, maybe later if needed . Sign me up as lurker , it will be interesting to see what you do with my nation. But do me a favor and don't name a city "Heidelburg" as it's in the game. The correct spelling is "Heidelberg".

Giovanni, traitor, our gang is also up to start a new game...
Old April 11, 2002, 04:59   #8
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Location: Even if you don't believe in Jesus he believes in you!
Count me in, but let's have a plan of attack before we start, because that's where you faltered last time ((22pages is TOO MUCH to read with civman always bickering GRRRR))
Old April 11, 2002, 11:03   #9
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Metaliturtle
Count me in, but let's have a plan of attack before we start, because that's where you faltered last time ((22pages is TOO MUCH to read with civman always bickering GRRRR))
You mean Sovy always bickering, right ....I would like to point out that this forum is getting closer and closer to being dominated by sg's, like civfanatics....let's try to keep it to 2-3 at a time...

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
"I'm so very glad KH is Canadian."--Donegeal
Old April 11, 2002, 14:03   #10
godinex
Prince

Post a poll, vote for the civ and play in a small or tyny map, is guacala too much units ....
Old April 11, 2002, 16:59   #11
steelehc
Prince

So far we have Rotten999, Giovanni August, Godinex, and Metaliturtle.

I think thats enough. Each player gets 15 turns, in the following order:

Steele
Rotten999
Giovanni August
Godinex
Metaliturtle

Civman2000: Whats wrong with SGs? You are/were in two of them...

Steele
Old April 11, 2002, 17:07   #12
civman2000
Civilization III Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameNationStatesNever Ending StoriesDiplomacyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG RoleplayC3C IDG: Apolyton Team
Emperor

i just don't want this forum to become like civfanatics

"This should be the question they ask you before you get to vote. If you answer 'no', then they brand you with a giant red 'I' on your forehead and you are forever barred from taking part in the electoral process again."--KrazyHorse
Old April 11, 2002, 17:46   #13
Metaliturtle
staff
NationStatesApolyton Storywriters' GuildNever Ending StoriesCivilization II MultiplayerCivilization II PBEMCivilization III PBEMCivilization III MultiplayerAlpha Centauri PBEMPolyCast TeamBtS Tri-LeagueApolyCon 06 ParticipantsCivilization IV: MultiplayerDiploGamesCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamCivilization IV PBEMC4WDG éirich tuireannApolyton UniversityCivilization II Succession GamesDiplomacyRise of Nations MultiplayerTrade Wars / BlackNova TradersCiv4 SP Democracy GameSpore
King

Quote:
Originally posted by: civman2000

You mean Sovy always bickering, right ....I would like to point out that this forum is getting closer and closer to being dominated by sg's, like civfanatics....let's try to keep it to 2-3 at a time...
Nope, you always bickered about him, when in reality, had you continued the military expansion you would have had a win, also, to declare war with less effect on rep, do it in the diplomacy screen right when they are all "get out my town biznotch afore I smizzak ya one"

As far as the SG domination, I must agree wit you, although I never go to civ fanatics, I would much rather read stories than SGs even if you bickering with Savoy was moderately entertaining
Old April 11, 2002, 21:35   #14
civman2000
Emperor

OK, I'm not gonna argue with you about how if we had been more peaceful we couldve developed our core and possibly gone for...oops, too late!

Old April 11, 2002, 22:25   #15
Giovanni August
Warlord

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Ralph
I'm also coming from the French game, but I won't join this one so far, maybe later if needed . Sign me up as lurker , it will be interesting to see what you do with my nation. But do me a favor and don't name a city "Heidelburg" as it's in the game. The correct spelling is "Heidelberg".

Giovanni, traitor, our gang is also up to start a new game...
Oh really?
Well..... you know what.... you can count on me also for our new one

Saluti
Old April 11, 2002, 22:34   #16
Metaliturtle
staff
King

Just for everyone, but espescially godinex, I am not good playing warmonger on the difficulty levels higher than warlord, I don't have the patience, please sue for peace unless there is like a gigantic army of us guys going to whomp on thems guys.

I do believe in bloddying noses though, so if you are whooparse at the war, by all means dominate
Old April 12, 2002, 00:34   #17
godinex
Prince

Quote:
Just for everyone, but espescially godinex, I am not good playing warmonger on the difficulty levels higher than warlord, I don't have the patience, please sue for peace unless there is like a gigantic army of us guys going to whomp on thems guys.

I do believe in bloddying noses though, so if you are whooparse at the war, by all means dominate
Why spescially for Me? I'm not a warmongering I love the Cultural victories....
But if we need to figth, figth with inteligence and raze everithing!
Old April 12, 2002, 00:41   #18
Giovanni August
Warlord

I'm something about 65% warmonger.
I do love to go after the civilizations near me, enslave and vassalize them. I generally do some quick wars at the beggining and than some other wars every time i wish to. (in my current Roman game I've been at peace for no longer than 20 turns)

But I'm also a good builder if needed to, or if there are no quick wars to do or worse, if our military can not attack another civ.

Saluti
Old April 12, 2002, 00:49   #19
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Back guys

Sign me up as well!

Heheheheheh... The War Mongerer is here now

Anyways, conquer any nation, any time, 24 hours a day, 365 days in a year

Stupid Iroquis in the last game... They dominated the whole blooming continent...

BTW, guys, whoever goes first, make sure you find that evil civ thats close to us ( There is one in every game... ) and take him out ASAP.

Also, can we change the rules so we can fix the corruption up a little bit? In the last game, corruption was much too horrid...

*Sighs*
Old April 12, 2002, 01:23   #20
Metaliturtle
staff
King

PLAN
Chieftain mode for sh*tz n Giggles

Warmonger world conquest before 0 AD
Old April 12, 2002, 01:27   #21
Metaliturtle
staff
King

Quote:
Originally posted by: Godinex

Why spescially for Me? I'm not a warmongering I love the Cultural victories....
But if we need to figth, figth with inteligence and raze everithing
Just sayin that if you can end a war before it's my turn, the game will be much more fruitful.

Old April 12, 2002, 01:53   #22
Metaliturtle
staff
King

What do you all think?
We should start out with aggressive research straight to republic, (w/possible detour to bronze working) from my strat guide, Germanz are commercial and expansionistic, so this research path puts us with Currency(I think) giving us more of a commercial advantage, as well as Great Library right away.

Also, don't trade techs after we have literature until the Great Library is built, Great Library should be our #1 priority wonder.

once we have republic, we can decide what we want to do, but I've found that the fastest to republic is more powerful diplomatically later in the game.

My 2 dimes and a penny

-The Metaliturtle

www.geocities.com/metaliturtle -Mark's Sh*ttyass webpage!
Old April 12, 2002, 10:25   #23
Rotten999
Warlord

Turtle: Isn't it Militaristic/Scientific. I'm fairly certain.

I think a lot of war would be profitable, especially as the Militaristic Germans. i'm looking forward to commanding some Panzers!

The problem with a pure builder strategy is you always get left in the dust by the computer, who seems to get too many advantages. We're better off just going out and smashing in heads.

We could go for Republic, though, provided we have the space for earlier developement. If our territory is crowded, than fight for some "Living Space."
Old April 12, 2002, 12:03   #24
godinex
Prince

Ok.
Nº1. Choose a Map.
Nº2. Choose the best civ for the map.
Nº3. Go first for the GL
Nº4. Go for the Republic and Keep it forever.
Old April 12, 2002, 13:46   #25
steelehc
Prince

Godinex, I did choose a map. It just happened to be a random one. I'm sorry that nothing's happened here yet, but I promise I will post a 4000BC save, my 15 first 15 turns, and another save by tonight.

Welcome back Sovy

Steele
Old April 12, 2002, 17:20   #26
Metaliturtle
staff
King

My bad guys, Prima's strategy guide is all f*cked up for the Germans, You are right about the civ Rotten.

I also agree with the "living space" idea, overseas trade with a large navy fighting wars is way better than your neighbors fighting your ground troops.

P.S. I played Germans, standard, Regent twice to get used to the civ, both times I started by the English, 1st time they traded tech like mad and had everything then declared war. The 2nd time, I was able to overtake their luxury city and cause chaos throughout their remaining 2 cities and overtake those with some archers, unfortunately the "continent" had space for 7 cities (sardine style)
Old April 12, 2002, 23:59   #27
Metaliturtle
staff
King

I'm waiting in a bad way, I'm hungry for civ III Succession Game

"Yo tengo zapatos en mi cabeza y pies sucio"
Random spanish is cool

(rough translation: I have shoes in my head, and dirty feet
Old April 13, 2002, 03:00   #28
Giovanni August
Warlord

Hey guys!
I won't be able to play this week, just wanted to let you know.

Saluti
Old April 13, 2002, 03:22   #29
godinex
Prince

Quote:
I'm waiting in a bad way, I'm hungry for civ III Succession Game

"Yo tengo zapatos en mi cabeza y pies sucio"
Random spanish is cool

(rough translation: I have shoes in my head, and dirty feet
I know one better:
"Yo tengo los zapatos rotos, de tanto caminar, llevo mi guitarra al hombro, voy camino a la ciudad... zapatos rotos, zapatos rotos, con esa facha a donde vas?.. voy con rumbo a un nuevo mundo mi viejo amigo me sigue atras, tirale un hueso, tirale un hueso, pobre sabueso que flaco esta, lo tengo renco, un poco enfermo pero me sigue sin protestar..."

I oove spanish too...

waiting for the game...
Old April 13, 2002, 03:25   #30
Sovy Kurosei
Prince

Hey, thanks Steele

You need at least one serious warmongerer in the group, no?

Stupid Iroquis though... We should play a water map though, could be great fun, and make some wonders less useful ( Incase we don't get to build them in time )