Old May 29, 2002, 16:59   #91
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

Local Time: 00:54
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Here it is, killed some units but no major attacks as of yet.

Heavy fighting is reported near Tobruk and the germans shot down our planes bombarding Rotterdam
Attached Files:
File Type: net allies week 8.net (213.4 KB, 2 views)
Old May 29, 2002, 19:32   #92
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Local Time: 17:54
Local Date: October 31, 2010
- Scutari and Tirana captured.
Attached Files:
File Type: net minor axis week 8.net (213.4 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Darius871; May 29, 2002 at 19:52.
Old May 29, 2002, 19:53   #93
Imperial-Markus
Chieftain

Local Time: 23:54
Hehe let this be a warning to you atawa. Never ever try to bombard a german city again cause our superb airdefences are everywhere and will not allow anybody to damage our splendid cities.

Our people can sleep save tonight cause they now big brother AA-gun is watching them.
Old May 30, 2002, 04:12   #94
kobayashi
Prince

Local Time: 06:54
Glad to see that, somehow through sure peseverence, the game kept going despite a change in leadership of both the Axis and the Allies. I tried doing a ZWK PBEM here once and flopped miserably.

Any new players who need advice or tips feel free to e-mail me.
Old June 1, 2002, 18:27   #95
DrFell
Civilization II Multiplayer
King

Hope sas can get his turn done quick. The war for Paris is heating up, can't wait to find out the result.
Old June 2, 2002, 16:07   #96
atawa
Civilization II MultiplayerCivilization II Democracy GameCivilization II Succession Games
King

Sas????
Old June 2, 2002, 16:43   #97
sas
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Local Time: 22:54
sorry guys, i somehow missed the fact that it was my turn.

I'm usually online alot. so if i havent posted within a day, please PM me.
---------------------------

*The city of Kovno put under Soviet protection.
Attached Files:
File Type: net russia week 10.net (213.4 KB, 2 views)
Old June 2, 2002, 19:59   #98
DrFell
King

Nothing much to say.. the usual fighting outside of Paris... Maginot line defences have been strengthened too. Other units are being brought into position to cut the railroad lines should Germany manage to penetrate into the French interior. We're not going to make this easy, I recommend Germany reconsiders this futile war of aggression.
Attached Files:
File Type: net minorallieswk10.net (213.4 KB, 3 views)
Old June 3, 2002, 07:24   #99
Imperial-Markus
Chieftain

Nothing much to do in my office therefore I play CivII yeahhh.

Now to the news from the front:

Our glorious forces captured today the city of Dunkirk. Now we can actually see over the channel the British people sitting in their houses watching TV. As our soldiers aren't the monsters the Allied propaganda tells you every week they just wave peacefully over the ocean. Again the German Reichstag wants to announce that we're not fighting this war to occupy territory on the contrary we're just defending the continent against foreign invaders. Sadly France believes all the things the allies told them and now we have no choice as to show the French Republic that they made the wrong decision. We hope France will soon make peace with Germany and help us in our crusade against foreign intervention in Europe.

However our Field Marshals told us today that due to heavy resistance in the French capital of Paris our Wehrmacht will have no choice as to destroy this city completely. We cannot believe that the French government will throw away the precious lives of their citizens so recklessly. Paris is a jewel of Europe, the important landmarks, the cultural places. We think that also in a state of war governments must do everything in their power to ensure the preservation of unique buildings and limit civilian losses. Please take into consideration that you cannot stop us you can delay our advance for one or two weeks at most that’s all. Please ask yourself is this accomplishment worth the destruction of an entire town? We will not stop, our Wehrmacht has the order to stop the intervention of the allies, France is not NOT our enemy. We can settle this matter peacefully or....but we hope we can behave like civilised countries.

As our Wehrmacht marches from victory to victory the city of Lublin was also liberated this week. The people welcomed our troops as liberators and not conquerors. They even invited our soldiers to eat with them. We wish the people of France could also see our true peaceful intentions.

Finally an important note to all European leaders:
The German Reichstag has prepared a document and we hope everyone agrees with us:

This is a declaration of HUMANITY:
1. Landmarks are a part of our history and they should be protected from damage. Therefore we propose that governments should rather leave a city to an overwhelming force before they get detroyed. Our descendants will be very grateful as they also get the opportunity to study the buildings and learn from history so that such a war will never happen again.

2. Civilian lives must be spared at all costs. The German Reichstag seeks to protect their people and they would rather surrender a city as they would allow it get razed completely. Of course this is from our own viewpoint of humanity, we will see if the other Leaders also value their citizens as much as we do.

We hope that you agree with us on these two points so we can at least guarantee the safety of our civilians sadly enough that soldiers from all nationality must die.
We await your signature as soon as possible
Markus, Führer of the German Armed Forces, president of lifetime of Germany and Speaker of the German Reichstag
Attached Files:
File Type: net axis10zwk.net (213.4 KB, 2 views)
Old June 4, 2002, 15:57   #100
atawa
King

Killed a few units and a sub in the channel, emptied out Dunkirk and helped my frog neighbour out a bit

Quote:
2. Civilian lives must be spared at all costs. The German Reichstag seeks to protect their people and they would rather surrender a city as they would allow it get razed completely. Of course this is from our own viewpoint of humanity, we will see if the other Leaders also value their citizens as much as we do.
Mind emptying out Berlin then?

Kick those nazi's back across the rhine Oath
Attached Files:
File Type: net allies week 10.net (213.4 KB, 3 views)
Old June 5, 2002, 14:48   #101
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Toulon completely destroyed.
Attached Files:
File Type: net minor_axis_week_9.net (213.4 KB, 2 views)
Old June 5, 2002, 16:54   #102
sas
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

Stalin is very happy to see that Germany is respecting the Soviet borders.

New holiday: We Love Stalin Day
Attached Files:
File Type: net russia week 12.net (213.4 KB, 3 views)
Old June 5, 2002, 19:54   #103
DrFell
King

As a protective measure we have agreed to Germany's proposal to restrict fighting to the countryside around Paris. As we believe we have managed to destroy all German ground units in France we feel safe in evacuating the city until appropriate air defences arrive. However, we have cut the Strasbourg to Frankfurt railroad lines as a precautionary measure, should Germany deploy airborne troops against us. In addition units have been moved to defend Marseilles and some of the rails there have also been torn up. Now there will be no easy route into France regardless of where we are attacked, and Italy can consider itself warned that it's forces will suffer the same fate as Germany's should they procede any further into French territory.

We also wish to point out to our Allies that although the infamous 'Blitkreig' tactics appear to have been effective against poorly defended or poorly industrialised nations, these tactics have been shown to be fatally flawed when used against a nation with a more concrete defence. Although this is no time to become complacent, we now believe the Germans are being forced to restructure their attack plans after their recent major retreat, and we feel these new plans will take at least another month to implement. Nevertheless, our troops are ready for immediate action should it be required, and any Allied assistance in coordinating our defenses against our mutual enemy will be greatly appreciated.
Attached Files:
File Type: net minorallieswk12.net (213.4 KB, 2 views)

Last edited by DrFell; June 5, 2002 at 20:14.
Old June 6, 2002, 01:11   #104
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

I have to bring up something. In ZWK 3 at civfan, we decided to end the game when it was obvious that the Axis would no longer have a chance at finishing France off. If indeed this happens in this game as it seems it will, would we continue until the Allies tediously advance into Germany, or will we end the game simply because it got decided so early?
Old June 6, 2002, 12:18   #105
Imperial-Markus
Chieftain

Hey gimme a chance!

I know I'm new to this PBEM-thing but we all need to learn and I would appreciate it if we could continue the game as it is the only way for me to gain experience; learning by doing. But for now I want to appologize if I'm not the challenge you might expected or if it gets boring for you.
Old June 6, 2002, 12:28   #106
Imperial-Markus
Chieftain

I'm also sorry if I messed up something and hope that I still can play with you guys as I like this site very much and also enjoy all the games where I'm in.
Old June 6, 2002, 13:49   #107
DrFell
King

No, you've not messed anything up on the contrary it's great we still got the game going, and we could always start another. I got a little lucky with France in this game, and cutting off the railroads really helped screw Germany (not just you but the last German player was having big problems too, so it's certainly not a lack of skill on your part). Anyway I'm willing to continue.
Old June 6, 2002, 14:22   #108
atawa
King

Sure, I want to take at least 1 city in this game

An invasion of Europe is a long way away but I should be able to kick Rommel back to where he came from
Old June 6, 2002, 16:32   #109
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Yeah IM, most of the trouble happened to your predecessor.
Old June 6, 2002, 17:18   #110
Imperial-Markus
Chieftain

Well speaking of my predecessor I think I can tell as it is surely no state secret anymore (perhaps it was no secret after all) that I'm in lack of soldiers in France.
As I downloaded the file for the first time I wondered why more than the half of my entire army ran around in Poland. What are they doing there? Holiday? Sightseeingtour? The few cities there really weren't worth all these units. Perhaps he tried to sneak attack Russia but with an active France in the back it is more than questionable if this had worked. So at first I had to send all my troops in the other direction. Well the planes got there very fast but can you imagine how long it takes to move a tank from the Poland/Russia border to Belgium? If not try it out I can assure you this is a lot of fun watching your units running around while France secure it's border
This whole thing remembered me of WWI where the Germans and to a lesser extend the Austrians desperately tried to move their troops around between 3 fronts. So all in all this is the wrong war
Ok now I feel a lot better as it is not only my fault
This means I'm still Imperial (yeaaah)
Old June 6, 2002, 17:54   #111
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Actually I bet the units you had in Poland were what were in Poland at the beginning of the scenario, but they looked like half of your army because most of your forces in France were destroyed, if you get my drift.
Old June 7, 2002, 16:09   #112
Imperial-Markus
Chieftain

Oh now I realized it was my turn the whole time I waited and waited and waited for the Russians to move. Well at least I got it.

Ok so you know it of course my poor axis soldiers still trying to do something useful and in a few turns I think they will be all back from their holidays in Poland. The point you mentioned Darius is very interesting and after further consideration I think you're right my army looked very small after all hmmm.

So anyway here's the file:
Attached Files:
File Type: net axis12zwk.net (213.4 KB, 2 views)
Old June 7, 2002, 16:29   #113
Jacobite1688
Spanish Civers
Prince

Local Time: 16:54
I just got MGE and when I was looking to get in a game I considered taking over on this PBEM, but after seeing the Axis position I decided to look elsewhere. IM, you are in a bind!
Old June 9, 2002, 17:56   #114
sas
Civilization II PBEM
Prince

sorry guys, i'm going away for 2-3 weeks. Please find another player.

Darius got my password.
Old June 10, 2002, 00:05   #115
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Pretty much the arrangement is that I play in those where he can't get a sub, so if no one offers to play for him I'll do the Soviet turns. I strongly suggest someone takes it though, since the games I'm taking on now will keep me from punctuality.
Old June 11, 2002, 03:10   #116
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

atawa?
Old June 11, 2002, 18:28   #117
atawa
King

Damn, totaly forgot about it, I'll post the save tomorrow.

(have to get some sleep now as I only have 6 hours left and a 12 hour working day tomorrow )
Old June 12, 2002, 11:30   #118
atawa
King

Ok here it is.

Dunkirk destroyed. (sorry Fell couldnt resist)

Sank 5 stacked subs in the atlantic west of Portugal

Allied forces capture the town of Tobruk
Attached Files:
File Type: net allies wk12.net (213.4 KB, 2 views)
Old June 12, 2002, 14:53   #119
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Sorry atawa, that was probably one sub with four torpedoes
Old June 13, 2002, 00:29   #120
Darius871
Civilization II PBEM
Emperor

Setbacks that fell upon Germany may be nearly made up for by Italian successes.

- Suicidal attacks by a Ju87 squadron and some militia destroyed the last two capital ships in the Mediterranean, caught off guard in port at Tobruk! The Italian Navy has been dispatched to the area to seize the initiative as they can now operate unchecked!

- Furthermore, the explosions in the two battleships set the entire city ablaze, and there is now nothing left of it. Any Allied advances in the near future would be very difficult without this stepping-stone.

- Lepanto captured with little resistance.

- Italian tanks continue their drive into southern France, where they see French cities completely ungarrisoned. After a defensive line east of Marseilles is destroyed next turn, we should be able to waltz on in.

- Production in most Minor Axis cities finally shifts from martial law garrisons to planes and tanks, which will soon turn the tide in France. Their efforts, combined with the complete Axis victory coming soon in the Mediterranean, will finally result in the French being pushed into the sea.

BTW Imperial-Markus, there is an Allied carrier at coordinates 141,91, just west of El Alamein. If you have any subs nearby feel free to sink it. It is critical to them at this point as Tobruk's destruction will make them need it to sustain air operations against Benghazi, if they ever get that far.
Attached Files:
File Type: net minor_axis_week_12.net (213.4 KB, 3 views)