Old April 12, 2002, 20:25   #1
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

Local Time: 22:56
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Feature Requests
Since Mark Seems in a giving mood-

1. What about on hte search page allowing people to visit multiple pages. As it currently is, I cannot visit more than page one, when sometimes I want to visit page 12. Or perhaps the search page should allow you to immediately "go to new post" or something such as that.

2. "Quick Thread" You can make a thread in each forum section without entering that section. Threads can be made from the main board UBB page.

3. This is personal- I can't seem to empty my mail or even see any mail older than 4 months. Could you please delete any of my mail made pre July or August 2001... Thank you
Old April 12, 2002, 20:33   #2
Grrr
Civilization III Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 11:56
A Smilie window from the quickreply box.
Old April 12, 2002, 20:38   #3
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 00:56
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Re: Feature Requests
Quote:
Originally posted by DarkCloud
1. What about on hte search page allowing people to visit multiple pages. As it currently is, I cannot visit more than page one, when sometimes I want to visit page 12. Or perhaps the search page should allow you to immediately "go to new post" or something such as that.
use "Show results as posts". it will give you links to the exact messages that it finds

Quote:
2. "Quick Thread" You can make a thread in each forum section without entering that section. Threads can be made from the main board UBB page.
possible but probably too spam friendly
Old April 12, 2002, 20:47   #4
DarkCloud
staff
NationStatesAlpha Centauri Democracy GameCivilization II Democracy GameInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamSpanish CiversCiv4 InterSite DG: Apolyton TeamPolyCast TeamApolyton Storywriters' GuildAge of Nations TeamApolytoners Hall of Fame

I'm not sure about "show as posts" because I've never tried it, but will it take longer or possibly not show the posts you want- because the reason I want to see the other pages is to not see where I posted but who posted after I did so.

Okay, I understand #2, I wish it wasn't so, but it is true.

About #3, For some reason "show all posts from beginning" didn't work, and I don't want my box to be overflowing- so could you please delete. Thank you.
Old April 12, 2002, 20:54   #5
DarkCloud
staff

No, I just looked. The Show as posts isn't waht I want- I want to see if other people posted in the threads- not see If I posted there...
Old April 13, 2002, 02:39   #6
MarkG
Apolytoners Hall of FameApolyCon 06 Participants
Apolyton CS Co-Founder

Local Time: 00:56
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Re: Feature Requests
Quote:
Originally posted by DarkCloud
3. This is personal- I can't seem to empty my mail or even see any mail older than 4 months. Could you please delete any of my mail made pre July or August 2001... Thank you
do you mean privates messages when you're talking about mail?

to delete all your private messages (http://apolyton.net/forums/private.php) just click on the checkbox in the first row(next to the date/time sent header) and the click on the delete button on the bottom of the messages list.
Old April 13, 2002, 13:29   #7
DarkCloud
staff

That would be good- but I want to keep my 5-10 most recent ones because they are quite important- other than that, the others can go- but the system won't show me all my PM's
Old April 13, 2002, 21:59   #8
Grrr
Civilization III Multiplayer
King

Local Time: 11:56
Put those 5 PMs into your notepad, and then clear your PMs.