Old April 28, 2002, 10:16   #271
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 23:56
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Quote:
Originally posted by kassiopeia
Actually, there's the Character thread buried somewhere here.
Can't we like merge or interlink these threads somehow?

Oh God, I still have to write about Titan etc...

Plus I need to revise for exams...
Cybergod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2002, 10:20   #272
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 01:56
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Exams? Ouch. Had a little wave of them just last week, the next one is yet to come. The prospects of summer vacation are present in the horizon, however.
And I should prolly write something about Coalition. It's been nearly a month since my last story post.
Old April 28, 2002, 12:25   #273
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 16:56
One People. One Galaxy. One Government. Gag me with a spoon.

It's not as crummy as Vita, Libertas, et Copia, however. (Life, Freedom, and Wealth-- Morgan's motto thing.)

Cybergod, I'd like Queen M.'s phone number!

Think you two are hard up on backlogged story posts? I haven't even begun what I need to do yet. Gaaaaag.
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2002, 14:28   #274
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Well, check off another post from me. Only problem is that...once again, I haven't run off that message to Saturn. I did, however, add a bit more story, and sent short messages to Kessel and Ian, and an introductory message to Yang.
Old April 28, 2002, 18:24   #275
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 08:56
Is there any room here for a semi-retired planeswalker who should be doing more important work?
Old April 28, 2002, 18:47   #276
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 12:56
Yay, Mr. President is back!

Good to see you are back, sir! Yes, there is a spot reserved for you whenever you come into this thread, man!
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2002, 19:03   #277
History Guy
King

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw!
Old April 28, 2002, 19:12   #278
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

*Jumps back startled*

That's the loudest on-line Yee-ha! I've ever heard!
Old April 28, 2002, 20:51   #279
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 18:56
eh. I've seen better "coming out of retirement" statements.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2002, 21:33   #280
Mr. President
Emperor

It's my first coming-out-of-retirement statement. Practice makes perfect.
Old April 28, 2002, 21:58   #281
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 17:56
Welcome back Mr. President.

As promised to Franky here is a link to both Gorn and Bree pages.

http://www.geocities.com/kessel74/SpartanAlien.html

The Bree page is a little cluttered at the moment but I got the pictures up and ill be adding known history and a little about the Gorn Bree war. Anything that anyone would like to add is much appreciated.

Franky: The Bree are Hive allies. The Hive should know a little more than the others about the Bree. You will have a little more lee way in describing their culture at least what the Hive is aware of. If you got any questions, I have some other pictures such as a few of their crafts. Their culture or lack there of will be left to your imagination if you would like the oportunity.

Here is a picture of an alien that actually goes behind the armour. But if you want you can decide to use another race or whatever.
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	breeface.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	14243  
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2002, 22:07   #282
Sprayber
Emperor

BTW. on the page a caption mentions Captured Bree Armour. The Spartans have some idea about the appearence of the Bree. But they have never actually captured an intact Bree body. Parts yes, but never a whole Bree body. They have samples of DNA but nothing that say for sure that the Bree actually looks like under the Armour. There is speculation that the Bree have conqured at least one other race and use them as slaves/servents but again that is speculation. All of that will be included in the section once I get time.

One thing to keep in mind if you ever write about either Bree or Gorn

Both races use cloning on a massive scale. Much more than the Hive or other human states could achieve in the forseeable future. They use their clones or altered beings as soldiers in their on going war with each other.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old April 28, 2002, 22:55   #283
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Thanks Sprayber!

Ok, I'd appreciate trying to create the Bree culture. One idea that I have that you mention is cloning. I'm thinking the Bree gives Hive advanced cloning tech and that's how come we have so much clones fighting for us....modeled after Bree/Gorn cloning, although not as advanced.

Hmmm, I'll post the Bree info on my page (although it will have a slight Hive propaganda feel to it.) Can you PM me or something with your idea's on the Gorn/Bree and their war? From there, I'll try see what I can cook up.
Old April 28, 2002, 23:10   #284
Mr. President
Emperor

It's good to be back. Inspired by the Spartan Quotes page, I'm going to make up a similar thing for the Drone Republic. Unfortunately, since I don't have a website, pathetic Internet drifter that I am, it's going in the Datalinks thread.

edit: In the last section about the skirmish at the Bree Fringe, I made up the term "Death Knight" for a sub-group of elite Bree warriors. Hope I didn't overstep my authority. Anyway, if you want to use that term, Franky, go right ahead. I can find the quote if you like.
Old April 28, 2002, 23:19   #285
Sovereign
Prince

Guys, here's a few comments from good ol' me

I've edited all my old story posts. One change is the "finding Protectorate tranmissions" to the "hacking" scenario we all agreed on. Another is changing the Metallic Hydrogen to Solidifed Hydrogen, and also the Trans-Plamsa reactor to the Excalibur reactor. Pretty much fixes up my errors and inconsitiencies.

Onto collorboration.

Mr. President

Thanks for staying with us. I have a good suggestion for you to stay in BAC and not quit. Just "block out" or "filter out" all Mellian's insults, and don't give in to petty words. I'm just saying that I'd hate to lose you, because you bring a lot to the BAC table.

By the way, I was wondering if we could try and work something out to involve UCS and Drones, about that temple? Maybe we could link that Temple to the ancient empire ruins found on Berrik. What do you think?

Franky

Did you recieve my PM yesterday or Friday night? I'd like to proceed further with Hive-UCSS relations.

And also, I noticed there's no reference to UCS in the Hive Xeno page. I feel left out Please write up something about UCS in the Xeno page, more information about that was written in my PM to you Franky.

Kass

Do you think it'd be better if UCS contacts TA or EC? I mean, I know Mellian does TA and TAF, but I'm curious from your point of view. I'm interested in further relations with Sol, mainly due to two reasons.

First, most other factions seem to view Sol as backwards with the exception of the Hive. I'd like to be a benefactor to Sol, not because of Chironian hostility, but because of unique trading and links. Randius would love to visit Russia, his father's birthplace, and get hands on some bio-metal, or organic technology. With artifical intelligence and organic technology, perhaps University could create entirely new species or races

Also, perhaps Sol would like to have faster FTL drives

History

I was wondering what would be a good plotline between UCS and Morgan?

PM me with your ideas, Franky, Kass, History, and President!

I think it'd be more interesting and exciting for BAC if UCS had several plots going on with other factions. Takes everyone minds off the endless warmongering.

Anyway, lemme know guys!
Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 28, 2002, 23:22   #286
Lonestar
inmate
King

Just posted a rather wordy ...uh..post. Among other things, it derided "Organic" technology.
Old April 28, 2002, 23:30   #287
Frankychan
King

ack!!!

Sovereign!!!-My fault! I've been looking for the University logo and just recently found it. Don't worry, I'll update the Hive relations page! Once again, sorry!

Mr. President-Good to have you back! I like the "Death Knight" name, sounds catchy! Thanks, I'll be sure and apply it when I'm constructing the Bree background. Thanks!
Old April 29, 2002, 00:09   #288
Lonestar
inmate
King

Franky! Check your PMs!

You might want to set up a auto-notifyer thingie..
Old April 29, 2002, 00:31   #289
Mellian
Queen

*reads all of the posts, and sighs...and tired too...not sure what to say exactly, without people misunderstanding or plainly ignore most of what she says*

1. way things are, BAC is failing and won't last as long as CC. why? UNSTRUCTURED and UNSTABLE. who fault? everyone. no real set of rules...and even the ones that are stated, people "ignore" them or "forget". There is lack of communication, yes... and some people using the "ignore" option way to often. For now bloody on, i am sticking to PM, because a lot of the story related stuff i say is ignored and forgotten in the discussion thread. I personally will not answer a question i have already answered before or the answer is plainly obvious. if you can see it or realize it, I am not responsible. I may as well just create a FAQ thread for BAC/TA/Pirates/etc.

2. I would think people would of realized that i was being sarcastic and making a point when i done 'whoa oh oh oh, look at....' Sure i made one SINGLE direct insult, but I am being indirectly insulted for everytime i have to answer the same question i already answered before, when people obviously either ignored or forgotten easilly of the answer or what i said before, when people people say i am not communicating i when i bloody do and do ask what people think, when i am sometimes not included in some discussions that does happen to relate to TA/TAF/Pirates/and so on, when people plainly don't see the obvious, when people makes assumptions of what i say, when people exaggerate what i say, when people put words in my mouth (i never called anyone stupid here), when people don't seem to realize what virtual tone i am using and when try to use happy faces to emphasize the emotion i get ask to tone it down, being 'attacked' left and right for everything i posted in the story , datalinks and sometimes here...sometime as far as to every single detail (sorrrry if i didn't mention Pre-Sentient Algorithm in the 'script'), not pay attention to details i do mention, and few others things i can't think of right now, as i am dead tired.

3. concernign being attacked left and right... the point i am making is I personally not being anal concerning the Temple, spartan soldiers capabilities, and so on... just the hypocrisy anoys me... I can't have advantages and everyone elses factions can? phhhttt I know Sprayber didn't say anything about spartan soldiers being undefeatable, just other people like Prez emphisizing that... and so on.

4. Sprayber, i mean DESTROY a Warlock, and have said that in various ways several times. Yes, i Know you had a rough time. I have posted my plans, and ask right here in the discussion thread(s)... so don't blame me if people don't bother to read those posts and not took the chance to say something. anyway, will use strictly private messaging concerning that, because Discussion thread doesn't work to well.

4. It was one bloody freaking case where one single Terran BC personally took 13 torpedoe hits before destruction in the battle of Capella... No where did i say it takes that many to destroy a BC. I suggest people to READ PROPERLLY. was also to emphasize a point concerning the BC...not to make them seem invincible.

5. Right now, it is only TAF ground forces that uses Biometal...none are use yet for ship construction. Biometal is not being fully use mainly because TAF doesn't know how to replicate it...only the Scions do and they only agreed to make ground units out of biometal on Pluto. also, biometal not for trade and for to be stolen.

6. Cyber, when i say strict security, it involves Telepathy, Cybernetics, scanners of all sort, psychology, strict datalink protocols which isn't connected to any public area and etc to prevent spies/infiltrators to use telepathy, cybernetics, and so on to get in. Also, before i get attacks on this, it is not "invincible", full proof.... very hard and currently no infiltrators... anyway, thats DIRECT Spying... it is possible to get some indirect intelligence information of TAF movements (not all of them) and so on by infiltrating the members and so on.

7. As for the Pirates, well, it has been posted... and just one Warlock!!! ONE!!! and just one Drone Convoy, ONE!!! NOT THE END OF THE BLOODY UNIVERSE or FOR YOUR RESPECTIVE FACTIONS. Warlock was also not alone just to say, had escorts..and it was said in the script that the warlock wasn't alone...missed that detail i see. As for boosting up escorts after that Novan/Wolverine capture of Drone merchat cruiser is fine with me, as it is a natural response, but doesn't me it is full proof and still possible for Pirates to strike somewhere else.

8. oh, people, don't patronize me

9. if i miss anything else, well, to bad, me tired... will post response to Kessel tommorrow. Oh, and if you people don't want me to participate, fine, vote on it and I will leave.

-Mellian
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2002, 00:35   #290
Mellian
Queen

another point, I am against overdose of technology trading.

if one is making a point or whatever from their Faction's point of view, then use In-Character (IC) before you say it. That way, i don't confuse you the Player and your faction.

I don't start OT wars, just people who attack me does.

-Mellian
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2002, 01:04   #291
Lonestar
inmate
King

Hey Sovereign, nice post. Was that a response to my own expository on Organic Tech and Quantum Mechanics?
Old April 29, 2002, 01:14   #292
Sovereign
Prince

Hehe Lonestar

Great minds think alike, eh?
Old April 29, 2002, 01:17   #293
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Sovereign
Hehe Lonestar

Great minds think alike, eh?
well, was it?
Old April 29, 2002, 01:49   #294
Sovereign
Prince

Well Lonestar,

I was planning on introducing Quantum stuff, since it has been, what, 200 or 300 years since we invented fusion power

University has had tacyon weapons for almost 130 years now, and surely in 130 years something new has to be developed, including Plasma Shards on the Prometheus. I honestly think if we keep our technology confined to BAC's original restrictions, we'd be in a Dark Age, or something. However, University is exactly the opposite of the Dark Ages.

University doesn't focus on war and the military readiness as much as Sparta, GHE and Believers, luxurious economy like the Morganites, and not so concerned about enviroment like the Gaians. University is purely devoted to research, and maintaining a stable Technocracy, as well as having the best infrastructure possible. However, University is more than capable to react to war with its ships and robotic units. They can improvise new weapons and use them in war.

Anyways, I was planning on introducing the Quantum stuff, later like 2705 or so, but u kinda made me jump the gun

It makes sense for University to keep proceeding through the "tech tree" while the other factions are deeply mired and engaged in their wars and what-not, using up resources and stuff.

By the way, Protectorate does the same thing, research and maintain an military. Correct me if I'm wrong, Lonestar

I guess University and Protectorate are alike in a lot of ways.
Old April 29, 2002, 03:15   #295
GeneralTacticus
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameAlpha Centauri PBEMPtWDG RoleplayNationStatesInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamCivilization III PBEMApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 09:56
I don't see anything wrong with the idea of developing Quantum Power (as long as it doesn't give the UCS and Protectorate too big an advantage), but I don't think that getting singularity stuff is a good idea. It allows for pretty much unlimited energy generation, and that would get judt plain silly.
GeneralTacticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2002, 06:38   #296
Mr. President
Emperor

Sovereign, I read your UCS thread. When you don't have a website, make this place your website!

I think I got a little over-enthusiastic in the second Drone Republic quotes section . . .
Old April 29, 2002, 10:01   #297
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 00:56
Ughf...

Looks like another couple of busy weeks ahead, and I'm still light years behind the rest of you guys...

*sigh*

I'll see what I can do...
Old April 29, 2002, 10:43   #298
Sprayber
Emperor

The way Sovereign is doing is ok, but I will remind you all that there is plenty of space on the main BAC page and my old site for your faction's stuff. All you have to do is to send me what you want put on there or show me where its at and I'll be more than happy to put it up for you. Both sites have more than enough room to put stuff up. Hell even the Spartan page isn't anywhere near full.

this is my old site and all that is on it now is the front page.

http://www.geocities.com/hydro070/BA...?1006845883400

http://www.geocities.com/beyondalphacentauri/

And plenty of room on the BAC main page.

I do like the way Sovereign did his though. Very neat and concise.
Old April 29, 2002, 10:44   #299
History Guy
King

Hmmmm...

Lonestar & Sovereign-- Quantum Tech sounds splendid...especially if one of you decides to sell it to a certain CEO I know...

Franky-- How do you intend to respond to Morgan's hail?

Franky & Sprayber-- Aliens look good...sorta...

I mean heck! They are ugly as sin, but they look good...errr...well...you know what I mean...

What do you think about a Morgan-Gorn friendship? We did meet up with the guys, and we did get on fairly well. It might just be possible!

Sovereign-- Erm...to be honest, I don't know if there is too much to do concerning the University and Morgan. I did say that in the near future (August) Morgan would be paying a visit to the prime planet in University territory for a conference in celebration of the life of Provost Zakharov. I know that Morgan and Randius have a pact going, and there is nice trade...

Mr. President-- Great quotes! I especially like the one about the tractor...
Old April 29, 2002, 10:47   #300
Sovereign
Prince

Hey guys,

Since I haven't a clue how to make a webpage, I decided to make a whole thread for University stuff. I posted all the info from the datalinks in it, and added a ton of new info.

I included pics of my robotic units. They're called Mechanoids now.

In addition, I described Spira in a little more detail, with pics and "bio" on each of its three civilizations.

I finally posted a pic of the Academician himself!!!

I added some new stuff to the University timeline, but I spent about 6 hours, all last night with no sleep to set this up.

So new stuff will have to wait, the technology listing and current research and engineering "secret" projects, and details on the 5 other systems University owns.

Let me know what you think of my "info thread"

Laters,

Academician Randius