Old April 29, 2002, 10:48   #301
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 16:56
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Guardian-- Hope you can find some time. I'm looking forward to seeing what you will do.

Sprayber-- Is there still room for the Morganites on your page? I was hoping that you could take all the stuff I have on the datalinks and put them on your Morganite section (i.e. bios, timelines, diplomatic stuff, Cepheleens, and Black Shadow). Perhaps you or someone else could even find a good logo for MI. Something like the original one, but perhaps with three suns in the backround, representing Sol, Alpha Centauri, and now Castor. Thanks!
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2002, 11:04   #302
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 17:56
dp
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2002, 11:06   #303
Sprayber
Emperor

History: There is indeed lots of room for Morgan stuff.

As for a logo. Right off hand.

What about this?
Attached Thumbnails:
Click image for larger version

Name:	morgani.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	3.6 KB
ID:	14290  
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old April 29, 2002, 11:39   #304
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Hmmm...I like it...perhaps you could add three yellow orbs behind it to make it look like the stars. It'd look good on a black backround...doggone snappy in fact...
Old April 29, 2002, 11:46   #305
Sovereign
Prince

Sprayber,

I'd like my stuff to be put up on a website like yours.

But I'd like to know how I'll be able to update information, add new technology, new characters, changes in faction relations, etc?

And also, if my stuff goes on your website, how can I edit it? Do I have to get a program or what?

I apologize, but I'm not that proficient or well versed in creating or editing websites

Lemme know!

Academician Randius
Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2002, 12:41   #306
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sovereign
Sprayber,

I'd like my stuff to be put up on a website like yours.

But I'd like to know how I'll be able to update information, add new technology, new characters, changes in faction relations, etc?

And also, if my stuff goes on your website, how can I edit it? Do I have to get a program or what?

I apologize, but I'm not that proficient or well versed in creating or editing websites

Lemme know!

Academician Randius
Well I can edit things for you or

go to this site Geocities/Yahoo

Creating your webpage is as easy as point and click. All you have to do is use the simple tool bar at the top and you have it made. Everything you see on my site was created with the toolbar.

when you get to the Geocites site just choose the Yahoo! PageBuilder and it can walk you through the steps. It helps you download stuff from your computer and gives you some preloaded templates if you choose them. Best thing is its free up to 15mb. which is plenty. The stuff you see on mine takes up 2mb. When you want to access the Geocites page just go to the Yahoo main page and click the link there. You also get a Yahoo. mail account. If you already have yahoo male then you can just use that id as your Geocities id.

Old April 29, 2002, 13:00   #307
Sprayber
Emperor

History Guy: I'm setting up an account for Morgan I.

morgan_interstellar

morgan_interstellar@yahoo.com

http://www.geocities.com/morgan_interstellar/ not started yet.

Sovereign: I'm setting up an account for University

university_commonwealth

university_commonwealth@yahoo.com

http://www.geocities.com/university_commonwealth not started yet.

I'll pm you both with your passwords and security questions. I will of course be happy to help answer any questions that you have and help out if until you get the hang of it. It won't take long cause it is real simple. This way you guys will have control over your pages.

Anyone else that would like me to do the same, just let me know and I would be happy.
Old April 29, 2002, 13:03   #308
Sovereign
Prince

Sprayber,

Thanks for the help bro!

I'll try working on it tonight or this week. Then you and Franky can link up my website to yours, that is, if I can get it done

By the way, I have strong evidence to back up my Quantum Technology. Storing light is feasible with today's technology. Scientists have already succeeded a month ago, and its only 2002. 700 years leaves a LONG time for improvements and refinements to that technology!

(sigh) I tried to open the website that had the article on this very thing, but its down or deleted. I'm pretty sure any hard-liners here will be able to find info about this on the internet with Lycos, Yahoo, or Google.

Besides, this is a viable technology. We can somewhat split light today with prisms and whatnot, as well as change light waves, bend light through water, glass, or other materials, relfect light with mirrors, generate light via lamps and electricty, shall I go on?

I have several more solid reasons if anyone disagrees with me about this technology.

Anyways, laters,

Academician Randius
Old April 29, 2002, 13:16   #309
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sovereign
Sprayber,

Thanks for the help bro!

I'll try working on it tonight or this week. Then you and Franky can link up my website to yours, that is, if I can get it done

That would be great but don't forget Kass's page

http://personal.phpoint.net/nortti/bac.htm

or the Main Site

http://www.geocities.com/beyondalphacentauri/

Quote:
I have several more solid reasons if anyone disagrees with me about this technology.
I think the main thing is to come up with a way to somehow limit the techology so that it does't get too over powering. Remember what started the FTL wars on chiron all those years ago. We expect the University to be slightly more advanced. Just try and limit it by how much and we won't have a problem.
Old April 29, 2002, 13:19   #310
Sprayber
Emperor

Linking to Apolyton
Oh and guys. For those that link to Apolyton, be sure it is linked to the main site and not the forums. MarkG and DanQ prefer that the main site be linked.

http://apolyton.net/
Old April 29, 2002, 13:47   #311
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 23:56
I'm, thinking of setting up a Saturnian site but that's in the future....

BTW I am very concerned that in Lonestar's post, Controlled Singularity is menitoned! How the F*CK??? What about the rules we set up ages ago (look up the explanatory LMP's post somewhere in the first threads) that said no SIgnularity but maximum Quantum? And how the hell do you reach CONTROLLED SINGULARITY before all the advanced techs???

Yes I am nit-picking but Mellian is right in saying that we are ignoring and hypocricising the earlier rules we set. Perhaps a little reminder is necessary...

Silence, I think that you could maybe consider the idea of the Believers spreading their version of Christianity to ther factions! This could cause conflicts on Saturn and other Sol colonies...
Cybergod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2002, 14:26   #312
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 18:56
Quote:
Originally posted by Cybergod

BTW I am very concerned that in Lonestar's post, Controlled Singularity is menitoned! How the F*CK??? What about the rules we set up ages ago (look up the explanatory LMP's post somewhere in the first threads) that said no SIgnularity but maximum Quantum? And how the hell do you reach CONTROLLED SINGULARITY before all the advanced techs???
Beg your pardon. I do not intend to create a controlled singularity in the immediate future, if at all.

Point of the matter is, if you have advanced nanites, then you have a working understanding of Quantum Mechanics on a scale we (now) do not. The only way for "real" molecular-sized Nanites to exist is use through Quantum Computing(that is, accessing all 32 quantum states of a electron).

You can't say someone has the know-how to build quantum computers but not create a multiple-state event. It's ...unfathomable.

Again, I have no intention of creating Singularity-based weapons/feats of engineering.

If you still wanna get up my ass about following today's known rules of Quantum Mechanics, I'll drop the matter, and put up a post concerning Jedi Knights and/or BeneGesserit to satiate your "more fiction, less science!" bug.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2002, 14:41   #313
History Guy
King

Errrrr...well...to tell you the truth I'd prefer not to be running the site myself. I was under the impression that you were managing the site. If it's too much trouble, don't worry about it!

Thanks anyway. I am not good at all when it comes to running website...computers aren't really my thing to be honest.
Old April 29, 2002, 14:43   #314
Sprayber
Emperor

Cybergod, Lonestar. Take it easy. Let Lonestar explain what he intends before we get on his case.

Lonestar: Don't even joke about bringing Jedi into this story. Next you thing you know we will have Ewoks and the whole story will be down the toilet.

History: check these out.
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	mint101.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	14309  

Last edited by Sprayber; April 29, 2002 at 16:02.
Old April 29, 2002, 14:45   #315
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
Errrrr...well...to tell you the truth I'd prefer not to be running the site myself. I was under the impression that you were managing the site. If it's too much trouble, don't worry about it!

Thanks anyway. I am not good at all when it comes to running website...computers aren't really my thing to be honest.
thats ok. just send me the stuff you want on there and I'll put it up. Keep the passwords and stuff in case you get a wild hair and want to change something
Old April 29, 2002, 14:47   #316
Sovereign
Prince

Sprayber,

I've thought long and hard about the Quantum stuff.

I'd like to state my reasons why it should be feasible and accessible to UCS.

First, refer to my above post about scientists in real life, that succeeded in containing light in storage. We already have reflected light, bent light, split light with prisms, slowing down light, and so forth.

So, why would no progress be made in these in 700 years? BAC is all about realism, correct? Well, having virtual no tech progression in 700 years with certain fields sounds ridiclious. It'd be like the Dark Ages all over again. Granted, factions are trying to find their footing, and Chiron was a mess.

Lonestar stated that the Dosi aliens have singularity and energy shields. In addition correct me if I'm mistaken, but the Fraal, Gorn, Bree, and the advanced alien species should already have singularities, shielding, star gates, very fast FTL travel, etc.

Ok. Now back to Humanity. All our current real life technology sprang up literally overnight in Human history. 200 years, from around 1800 to 2002 AD gave us electricity, nuclear power, guns, chemicals, computers, rocketry, lasers, factories, and so on. But we have almost 6,000 years of recorded history.

Within the next 100 years will definitely bring about fusion power, more smart materials, more developed robotics, laser rifles, and so forth.

200 years out of 6,000 is like overnight.

So using this logic, it should be possible for Humanity to have singularities and force shields and the like, by 3000 AD.

BAC now is in 2701, so Quantum technology should be feasible. In addition, I think I'm sure everyone agrees that Humanity will eventually reach singularity and force shields and these advanced technology at some point, and become another "advanced civilization" of the galaxy.

I'm not saying I want Singularity now, or even within the next 10 years, or even 20. University presses on with research and technology, not concerned with military or economy like Sparta and Morganites are.

What I'm going to do with the Quantum technology:

1. enhance factory production

2. try and develop new types of weaponary to counter any hostiles as described in Randius's musings in the story,

3. better power generation for civil and military.

4. Robotic units will be able to mount neutronium armor due to lighter computer cores and smaller power plants.

5. the spaceships will have increased FTL speeds, to perhaps 25 light years a day with Quantum Power. For a good reference, needlejets and planet-busters have their range increased for each successive power technology. For example, a needlejet in SMAC could move 10 squares with fission, 12 with fusion, 14 with Quantum, and 16 with Singularity. This concept will be applied to the FTL drives, increasing range and speed.

6. new sensors will be able to detect material and record things at the quantum level, which will give more detailed scans of previously "un-scannable" objects or "difficult-to-scan" objects. I.E. ruins on Berrik for example.

7. greatly improved cloaking technology, by diverting light itself away from the ship, thereby diminishing tachyon scanners effectiveness, as well as difficult, if not impossible to get a "visual" on the ship. The ship would just "disappear" like a Romuluan Warbird or Klingon Bird-Of-Prey, since light is diverted or focused through the ship, instead of it hitting the ship.

8. numerous advances in minor fields like better tranmissions, quantum data discs, and mostly better quality civilian stuff.

I feel its about time BAC got the next level of "very important" technology. I think the last was probably FTL technology.

Again, these are my logic and reasonings about Quantum technology. University already has Matter Compression, Nanominizuration, Nanometallurgy, Quantum Computers, AI Interface, AI Design, AI Entities, and so forth. It makes sense that Quantum would be the next in the tech tree.

Laters,

Academician Randius Zakharov
Old April 29, 2002, 14:51   #317
History Guy
King

Sprayber-- Thanks! I was sure you'd understand!

As for those logos...Man! It's a tough choice as to which I prefer...errr...how about the 2nd one on the top row? That looks best, I think.

I'll PM you with what you can put up. It isn't too much as of yet. Maybe I'll write up some quotes for you to stick up on your page later as well. Thanks again!
Old April 29, 2002, 14:53   #318
History Guy
King

CORRECTION!!!!!

Whoops...make that the 1st on the top row!
Old April 29, 2002, 14:56   #319
Lonestar
inmate
King

Sprayber,

Yeah, well, trust a Serb to know nothing of physics.

No Nikolai Tesla doesn't count!
Old April 29, 2002, 15:04   #320
Sprayber
Emperor

No trouble at all History Guy. I'll get to it tonight.

Sovereign: I understand what your saying. And I for one don't have a problem with you researching it and developing it. It will be interesting to read as the University researches it. But like I said earlier. Draw out the process. Write about some of the faliures in the program. Ships get lost all the time when new tech is being researched and implented. Maybe have story lines about compeating scientists that want to develope the tech. Maybe about engineers that are skeptical. All that is better than just one day appearing with the tech. I'm not saying you are would do that btw You can throw in a little intrigue with probe teams and Believer spies(with Silance's input) if you want.
Old April 29, 2002, 15:07   #321
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
CORRECTION!!!!!

Whoops...make that the 1st on the top row!
Got it
Old April 29, 2002, 15:34   #322
History Guy
King

OK, Sprayber, thanks for expanding your site for the glory of Morgan Interstellar!

I sent you everything via PM. Do what you will! It's your site! Go craaaaaazy!
Old April 29, 2002, 15:53   #323
Sprayber
Emperor

Ok History. Ill get it all up there.

Does anyone want to use these pictures.

I had them but really dont have anything Spartan to do with them
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	alien1.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	14307  
Old April 29, 2002, 15:57   #324
Sprayber
Emperor

another one
Attached Thumbnails:

Name:	alien2.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	14308  
Old April 29, 2002, 17:40   #325
Mellian
Queen

Talking about hypocrisy...i bring the ideas about having some minor races and previous agreements for barelyany alien interaction...boom! relations with teh Gorn? Bree? and then alien pics rip off from Master of Orion 3

Sovereign, I know your playing University, but like come on!!! since you started playing you were pushing higher and higher tech wise. Anyway, Quantum Computers would come before anyone figures out how to split a light particle. Already have Matter/Antimatter, have one of the fastest FTL drives (which again, it isn't just about how much power you put into it!!! also about how much a darn FTL drive can take. Hey, they said way back when that a computer of the future will be the size of a stadium to be very powerful....well,look at that, computer sizes shrunk instead while getting faster and better), tachyon bolts, neutronium armor, and etc................. Your becoming quite greedy. Fields and Applications is two different thing too

True faction are already playing around with Quantum Physics...as the FTL drive does create the Quantum Tunneling effect.

Anyway, this technology problem is one of the things making BAC unstable.

-Mellian

...hate being ignored...
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2002, 17:57   #326
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Mellian
Talking about hypocrisy...i bring the ideas about having some minor races and previous agreements for barelyany alien interaction...boom! relations with teh Gorn? Bree? and then alien pics rip off from Master of Orion 3

Who has relations with the Gorn and Bree?

Sparta? Not that I'm aware of

Morgan? Only race is the one made up by History

University? Not Gorn Bree relationship

Hive? Same exact relationship that they have had since the beginning

Drone? Haven't read anything except the temple story. And so far I haven't seen any life aliens.

Believer? nothing yet

Protectorate? Haven't heard of any recent talk of Gorn Bree alliances.

those pictures are for primitive races. If you want a primitive race then you can do whatever you want. We can't have everything you want right now. If you would like to bring the Progenators in, fine, but not right now. There are just a few things that need to be taken care of first don't you think?
Old April 29, 2002, 18:00   #327
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 12:56
Ok, I forget whose addressed me so I'll just "shoot-from-the-hip",

History Guy- Morgan's still the charmer, eh? From his message to Yang it sounds like his demeanor hasn't changed much in dealing with heads-of-state.

Anyway, Yang recognizes Morgan's intention of lulling his enemies. The reply will be the typical, gruff Hive reply. Greetings and underlying threats will be included in the response.

As for this whole "technology debate", leave me out! I have absolutely NO CLUE to what you guys are talking about seeing that the subject matter is waaay over my head. My field of study is psychology and criminal sociology, not physics, astronomy, and engineering!

And no, Mellian I'm not ignoring you! Its just that I don't understand the technology debate you guys are talkin' 'bout. The alien stuff will remain in the "second tier" to the human plotline. We're just trying to establish what they look like and minor tidbits so the aliens aren't left in the void.

For the website issue-

If you guys need help, I'll try see what I can do. Posting pics, linking to sites, or writing basic HTML code. All that other fancy gobbley-gook I don't know...I had to teach myself how to do even basic stuff.

*NOTICE* Finals is coming up for me and I have a smackload of work that needs to be done (building webpages for class, finishing my French workbook, etc.etc). Therefore, it might take longer for me to respond to you guys and my posts may come more infrequently than normal

Just giving you guys and gals the heads-up.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2002, 18:00   #328
Sprayber
Emperor

You know what.

Make a list of everything you would like Mellian. From 1 to whatever and post it. Be detailed if you like or leave it vague.
Old April 29, 2002, 18:01   #329
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 23:56
Quote:
Originally posted by Lonestar
Sprayber,
Yeah, well, trust a Serb to know nothing of physics.

No Nikolai Tesla doesn't count!
Hey!

f you though the tone I used was offencive, then I am sorry. OK?

Plus I hate Star Wars...

And leave Nikola Tesla (hey another Nikola ) alone! He nearly beat that Italian scientist for the patent for the radio...

--Nikola
Cybergod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 29, 2002, 18:35   #330
Lonestar
inmate
King

Quote:
Originally posted by Mellian

...hate being ignored...

That's because you ain't being coherant Babe.