Old May 3, 2002, 15:11   #391
Sovereign
Prince

Local Time: 17:56
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Sprayber,

I've finished all the important aspects of my website.However, I have a problem.

Here goes.

I have all my work saved in photoshop, with text, pics, everything. I sign online, then I go to the website, to log-in and start putting stuff up. I am able to log-in, but it goes downhill from there.

I tried page builder, and page wizard. I can only get it to upload one of my files. All of my work is in JPG format, much less memory and much faster download than BMP format.

For some reason, I can't get the website to upload the rest, even tho they're 500 kb per page. The first page that it did download was like 400 kb, I think.

IIRC, the website says 15 mb free, right? that means 15,000 kb free?

I don't know what to do... how to upload the whole thing properly, install links, and make the website available to the public. This is driving me nuts, I wish I had a manual here somewhere!

I'm going crazy because I'm not proficient with internet stuff, or the "know-how" to do the web-pages. However, I had no problem using my creativity to design the UCS web-pages.

(sigh)

(Proceeds to raise a white flag for aid)

Laters,

Academician Randius Zakharov
Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2002, 15:23   #392
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 01:56
Local Date: November 1, 2010
Randius
What about using an FTP program like WS_FTP? Besides, you mean you have no plain text whatsoever? All stuffed up into pictures? That can really kill one's connection. 500 kb pages sound awfully big to me...
Old May 3, 2002, 16:30   #393
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

I see what you did.

Your whole page is one big file. You have to break it up into the individual parts. I'm at the site now and I'm doing a demonstration page so you can see how it's broken up.
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2002, 16:45   #394
Mellian
Queen

What the Novans are going to do?

Accept Kerensky's proposition, and Kerensky agrees to do something concerning them to "hide" in TA territory.... which will be arrange that the TAF simply hires them...and later figure out a use for them after the battle and before the Peace Negociations begin.

About 3 hours before Kessel's reply to Kerensky, Novans in the systems not being attack will peacefully sneak away, ignoring morganite comms asking what the heck they are doing, the leading commander of the Novan ships in each system will provide some BS story of what they are up to...which will activate the virus. If the morganites decide to target and fire upon the Novan ships, most of Morgan ships will not be able to fire, as the virus electronicly/computerly disabled them... i say most becaise not all ships would get infected.

about 2 hours before Kessel's reply to Kerensky, the Novans in the systems being attacked will activate the virus on the Morgan stations/space docks/orbitals/ships in the vicinity/etc they are to defend which will mainly disable the weapons, main power, sensors, and so on. not all will get effected, and some only partly effected... then, the Novans raise jammers and stealth, then ask for the Morganites surrender. If no, they'll simply disable the conventional way, and with EMP missiles. If they self-destruct, they self destruct (which would have to be done manually probably). Some losses are expected They will also inform the local TA ships for help and that they are disabled/occupied.

In the story post, i wanted to do an example of the 3 hours and 2 hours actions from the Novans point of view....which i didn't got time because of some people hogging the phone for to long and me not interested to stay up to late.

-Mellian
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2002, 19:12   #395
Cybergod
Prince

Local Time: 23:56
Mellian, check your PMs... again

Will post in the near future - just my busy lifestyle doesn't allow me much spare time to spend on BAC...
Old May 3, 2002, 20:11   #396
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 12:56
Hello, I'm here everyone...

Just to let you guys in on things: Finals is going to happen next week and continue for three more weeks for me.

Anyway, I've noticed that since Zakharov, Kessel, Morgan, and Ian have Yang's com-link....it's time for Tremaine & Drecaille, Adams, and Sachez to gain it as well.

Therefore, if any of you authors want to trade it with each other so we can open communications, that would be fine with me. Just so long as you guys tell me. It'll make things more interesting and more game-like.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2002, 20:11   #397
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

BTW-

The Hive eagerly anticipates Mr. Sym's arrival. Yang doesn't know anything about him so it'll be interesting if/when they meet.

For some odd reason, Greg and Filkins remind me of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern...

Last edited by Frankychan; May 3, 2002 at 20:17.
Old May 3, 2002, 20:13   #398
Frankychan
King

Mr. President- to address your question about trade with the GHE, what do you propose?
Old May 4, 2002, 03:51   #399
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 08:56
Quote:
Originally posted by frankychan
What do you propose?
Firaxis imports a few hi-tech items. They might trade agricultural products and minerals for the Emperor's war machine ( ) for computer parts or something. I can't think of much to trade. The Drones and Spartans would be wary, but Firaxis is neutral so there wouldn't be a lot of fear there.
Old May 4, 2002, 06:37   #400
Sovereign
Prince

Guys,

I'd like to let you know that I'm getting pretty upset. I tried to do what Sprayber suggested, as well as advice from a real life friend of mine who knows some stuff about web design.

I've been up last night trying to correct the mistakes, but its starting to get on my nerves. I spent over a week, almost 50 hours in total working on that webpage. I don't want to redo the whole thing over again using up another 50 hours.

I'm beginning to lose my ambition for creating web pages, but I still have my ambition for writing story posts. Writing the story is way easier and simpler than creating a web page. I need a step by step manual or something to even begin to "truly" correct my mistakes and correctly put up the website for the public.

Sprayber, I appreciate all your help, but I still can't get the website fixed or done. But I do have most of my text saved in a word processor. I do enjoy this BAC community and writing stories for the BAC story thread, but this website thing is starting to really aggravate me.

By the way, I posted a new story post last night to continue where Lonestar left off. Let me know what you guys think!

Laters,

Old May 4, 2002, 10:10   #401
Lonestar
inmate
King

Local Time: 18:56
Just walking in to prove I still exist. Busy week, finals, and "Final Review" and all...

Sovereign, we're going to have to talk about that post of yopurs. Protectorate Star Marines are not the surrendering type. In addition, you made it appear as if there were only Infantry on the planet. There were not. Every MEU has Mjollnr Tanks, Goliath-Infantry Support vehicles, and a few more I'm sure I listed in the datalinks.

Seriously, I was hoping for the Protectorate vessels to arrive while the battle was still going on on the Planet.

Last edited by Lonestar; May 4, 2002 at 10:19.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2002, 11:39   #402
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 16:56
LMP-- Errrr...OK, if that's whats most realistic. The Morganites shall be putting up a good fight, whether or not the 'algorithim' has gotten to most of the ships. They won't be going easily to these turncoats. Morgan will denounce the Novans, and he will denounce anyone who hides them, and he may well demand that the officers in charge of the treacherous vessels be turned over. If not he will launch a very ruthless intelligence campaign against them.

Franky-- Hey! That may be one of the things we hand over to TA when we sign our treaty.

Rosencranz and Gildenstern, eh? Hopefully, Greg and Filkins will get out of this tale alive, unlike that rather distasteful Shakespearian duo...

Sovereign-- Seems like you just realised why I never put up websites! After a while, they turn me into this:

...And then I start to get mean thoughts about Chairman Yang for absolutely no reason at all, turn on SMAC, and start a nuclear holocaust with the guy...

Lonestar-- Nor really are Spartan shipmen, Terran marines, or Morganite fighter captains, but they all do, or try to do so, at one time or another...
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2002, 11:48   #403
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

One last thing...Sovereign, don't you think that by the time the 'Beliver' prisoners were loaded on the ships, the University guys would have figured out that they were Protectorate?
Old May 4, 2002, 12:10   #404
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

To all:

For future reference, Prime Minister Drecaille - who really should be officially receiving the Hive commlink, along with Stormhill and the Terran Council - is actually the 'leader' of the Coalition.

But you can keep sending messages to Tremaine too, they are all usually read (unless private) by the Council of State, that is, the President and the Ministers. Tremaine is a negotiator as well, so no problem, but you can avoid mishaps by simply talking of Drecaille.

This public announcement has ended, thank you for your attention.

Quote:
Originally posted by History Guy
Rosencranz and Gildenstern, eh? Hopefully, Greg and Filkins will get out of this tale alive, unlike that rather distasteful Shakespearian duo...
Never heard of them. I'm intrigued to know more.
Alive? Yes, well, it's been a close call the past few times.
Old May 4, 2002, 12:25   #405
History Guy
King

KASSIOPEIA!!!!! What, pray tell, do you mean by:

Quote:
Never heard of them. I'm intrigued to know more.
?

Gag me with a spoon! I'm horrified, nay, frightened at the idea that there is one among us who hath not been introduced to the great works of the immortal bard, William Shakefpeare...Oh...wait...it's a joke...I see...
Old May 4, 2002, 12:34   #406
Kassiopeia
Emperor

*blank face*
A joke? It isn't.

Sorry to break the news, but I haven't read a single word of William Shakespeare, if setting aside a poem I remember reading in an English class, the Shakespeare's Theatre video from Civ2 and some possible random quotes here and there.
Old May 4, 2002, 12:41   #407
History Guy
King

Kass--- Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Oh wait... Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! You'd better read some Billy Shakespeare before...before...you go completely insane! I can't be too much older than ye, and yet I've thrived on the stuff...hopefully, by God's mercy, you shall soon see the folly of your ways and return, with open arms, to the works of the great bard...
Old May 4, 2002, 12:46   #408
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Maybe I should then, at least the man's being recommended by a very credulous person.
History, then how old *are* you then. PM me if you're too shy to post here.
Old May 4, 2002, 13:17   #409
History Guy
King

Monsieur Kassiopeia, I'm 15.

Now...go read Hamlet...Rosencranz and Gildenstern are there. There ye shall find them.
Old May 4, 2002, 13:18   #410
History Guy
King

I'm probably two months older at the most then...

Terrible, ain't it?
Old May 4, 2002, 13:24   #411
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Herr History, you are in a most respectable age.
Actually, I am rather surprised. I imagined you being, well, at least over 18, with the Shakespeare rants and all.
Internet sure makes you look old, doesn't it?
Old May 4, 2002, 13:33   #412
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Btw, I *can* write Shakespearen English, little, because Baldur's Gate is stuffed with it. Thine horse, sire?
Old May 4, 2002, 14:00   #413
Sovereign
Prince

Kass,

I play Baldur's Gate as well. I got it all. Baldur 1, expansion for Baldur 1, Baldur 2, and expansion for Baldur 2.

But the funny thing is, I have never played its precedessor, Dunegon and Dragons. But I saw the movie on STARZ channel once.

Weird isn't it?

Besides, I got rid of the exp cap in Baldur 1, and had plenty of fun solo'ing everything in sight. I was like a Deity or something

Laters,

Old May 4, 2002, 16:28   #414
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Randius,

I have never played D&D either. The thought of throwing dice in every possible turn of events isn't too appealing. I'll let the computer do the throwing and I'll do the playing.
I haven't *got* the games, BG1 and 2, my friend does and I just hog them from him... I love reading the lines out loud, especially the ones by Minsk or in archaic English. But this belongs to the Other games forum, does it not?
Old May 4, 2002, 19:07   #415
Sovereign
Prince

Kass,

couldn't resist a jab at other games

Laters,

Old May 4, 2002, 20:48   #416
Mellian
Queen

History - Massive Intel campaign against the Novans? wow Morgan sure takes things personally...so much for Free Trade where Mercenaries gets hunted down for getting a better deal. Novans will end up mingeling with the Belters in Sol and do some mission or two for the TAF before them running to Kane for help.

I'll PM the idea for an Mission, which will begin after the battle and before the Negociations...or atleast during the Negociations.

only 15? wow

-Mellian
Mellian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2002, 22:24   #417
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 08:56
Let's not have any age-related comments please!!

I'm not even nineteen and I feel like a right dinosaur. But I like dinosaurs.
Old May 5, 2002, 04:25   #418
Sovereign
Prince

Guys,

I was thinking about this website thing.

I don't know if I should ask you guys this....

Are any of you willing to put it up? I could send all my finished "pages", as well as the word processor text file if typing in the text is necessary.

Again, I truly feel bad asking this because I know all of you are prolly busy with Final Exams, lots of projects, or a lot of work to do at your jobs. But I don't know what else to do. I tried Sprayber's suggestions, but I don't fully understand how to do it, unless I either have a professor, web genius, or a whiz kid who knows how to do Web stuff do it for me. Or I splunk down like 100 bucks for a "How-To" Internet Home Page Design book of step by step instructions how to do it.

I don't have any Final Exams

Laters,

Old May 5, 2002, 04:28   #419
Sovereign
Prince

By the way, where's that Centauri1B fella? The one who was gonna write for Mars Combine? He / She was around 2 or 3 weeks ago, all hyped up to be a part of the BAC universe.

Laters,

Old May 5, 2002, 07:40   #420
Sprayber
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Sovereign
Guys,

I was thinking about this website thing.

I don't know if I should ask you guys this....

Are any of you willing to put it up? I could send all my finished "pages", as well as the word processor text file if typing in the text is necessary.

I can put it up there Soverign. Just send me the files in Wordpad files. Or simply send me the text over PM. You will have to break it up but that may the easiest way. Also If you want I can use your front page design and incorporate that into the page. The hardest part is getting the jpeg's of what you want on there done. The rest is pretty easy if you have done it before.

Mr. President. If you want, you can do the same and I'll put the the Drones and Firixas up on a page. Do you have any logos in mind for the Drones?
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote