Old May 5, 2002, 09:27   #421
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 12:56
Local Date: October 31, 2010
Sprayber and Sovereign,

if you want, i can help out with the University and Morgan sites...just gotta finish my finals and stuff.

Why do I feel like an old fart? I'm 21 but yet everyone here seems to be younger than me.

Oh well, with age comes wisdom (*snicker*shyeah, right)

Post coming up later, summing up Hive perspective on Samnos, more Gemini One stuff, Darkdance makes it report to Hive command, and other stuff I can't think of right now...just played Red Alert 2 at my friends house and I'm not thinkin' straight.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2002, 09:30   #422
Frankychan
ACDG The Human HiveAlpha Centauri Democracy GameNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMApolyton Storywriters' Guild
King

Local Time: 12:56
BTW Mr. President- about Firaxian/Hive trade, raw materials sounds feasible but I'd have to work in why Hive needs materials. Hive more interested in faction information...if you can give us some info on Sparta and Protectorates, Yang would be most........grateful.
"...but what sane person would move from Hawaii to Indiana?" -Dis
Frankychan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2002, 10:48   #423
Sprayber
Apolyton Storywriters' Guild
Emperor

Local Time: 17:56
Quote:
Originally posted by frankychan
Sprayber and Sovereign,

if you want, i can help out with the University and Morgan sites...just gotta finish my finals and stuff.

Why do I feel like an old fart? I'm 21 but yet everyone here seems to be younger than me.

Oh well, with age comes wisdom (*snicker*shyeah, right)

Post coming up later, summing up Hive perspective on Samnos, more Gemini One stuff, Darkdance makes it report to Hive command, and other stuff I can't think of right now...just played Red Alert 2 at my friends house and I'm not thinkin' straight.
Franky: Would it make you feel better if I told you that I am older than you. Let me just say that I was alive when Nixon was President. By a few months at least

About Firixis. The Spartans wouldn't be too upset about Firixis trading with the Hive, they are independed after all, but don't expect the Firixians to know any more about Sparta then the Hive could find out by watching Vid images from newscasts. What exactly does the Hive export besides Yang propaganda anyway? In Sparta that is called Yang babble .
Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Sprayber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2002, 11:12   #424
History Guy
PtWDG RoleplayACDG Planet University of TechnologyInterSite Democracy Game: Apolyton TeamPtWDG2 TabemonoAlpha Centauri Democracy GameApolyton Storywriters' GuildC4DG Gathering Storm
King

Local Time: 16:56
Hey, yeah, I'm middle aged!!

Franky, ye olde fogie, I guess it's time to wheel you right into that retirement center.

Mellian-- Yessssuh. However, what bugs Morgan ain't the fact that they switch sides, it's that they attacked him after he paid them. That bugs him.

Anyway, working on a new post, about, ye guessed it...the blooooody Pirates. You'll never guess who winds up smack dab in the middle of that fight.

Mein Herr Kassiopeia, Ja, das est rictigue...or whatever the last word in that is...

Shakespearian rants? When, pray tell, sire, hath I ever in the infinent scope of time, ranted with the language of the late, lamented Bard of Avon? Doth mine ears betray? Hath I heard with mine own ears those words of late from Kassiopeia? Perhapseth, but perhapseth not. Letest me try on another pair. Friends, Romans, Countrymen...Lend me thine ears!

(Immediately, a group of Hiverian assasins burst in and take down History Guy)
History Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2002, 15:48   #425
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Local Time: 01:56
Local Date: November 1, 2010
I was thinking too, what ever happened to Centauri18?

SPOILER (About our dynamic duo)

Because Greg and Filkins are going to drop on Mars and I would need to probably collaborate with Centauri here before going off writing all this and that about Mars and stuff. City names and stuff like that would be appreciated. I will elaborate on a later date.

END SPOILER

History, richtig. Richtig ist richtig. My German is horrible.

Btw, Franky, luck on the final exams... I haven't got any this year, but I had the most horrible Swedish exam last Friday.
Old May 5, 2002, 19:53   #426
Kataphraktoi
Civilization II Democracy GameAlpha Centauri Democracy GameACDG3 Data AngelsNationStatesAlpha Centauri PBEMCivilization IV PBEMC4DG Team Alpha CentauriansC4BtSDG Realms Beyond
Emperor

Local Time: 18:56
its benn days since the last update...you should be devoting your life to this people! get your priorities straight!!

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''
Kataphraktoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2002, 23:38   #427
Mr. President
MacSpanish CiversNationStatesNever Ending StoriesCivilization II Democracy Game: ExodusApolyton Storywriters' GuildACDG Planet University of Technology
Emperor

Local Time: 08:56
Quote:
Originally posted by Sprayber
Mr. President. If you want, you can do the same and I'll put the the Drones and Firixas up on a page. Do you have any logos in mind for the Drones?
That would be great, thanks a bundle! I don't have the stuff on hand at the moment, but I'll try and get it to you this weekend. Physiology test on Wednesday and Materials Science test on Friday are going to take up some time.

I was also thinking the Drones might need a new logo. When I get a minute, I'll see what I can whip up.
Old May 6, 2002, 07:41   #428
Sovereign
Prince

Sprayber and F.C.

Thanks for your offers of help, I appreciate it a lot.

Here's the run-down.

Most of the JPEG pics of ships, robots, etc. are in my UCS thread. However, I have several new ones, like star systems, views of a standard UCS megapolis, one new updated ship pic to replace a pic from the UCS thread.

I might put up the rest of the pics in the UCS thread so that you can "save" it and transfer it onto the website.

I'll prolly need a few days to order and arrange the text in the word processor. I'll need to organize which text goes where on the website, etc. I'm using Microsoft Works. Do you want me to put it in Notepad? Or should I keep it in the Microsoft Works format?

And you can use that UCS template that I managed to put up. You can make copies of it, paste down the text and pics, etc.

How does that sound?

Besides, who's willing to do it, FC or Sprayber? I mean, which one of you has the time or patience to do it, in light of your exams or job duties?

But again, thanks a ton for your offers of help!!!

Laters,

Academician Randius Zakharov
Sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2002, 08:23   #429
Sprayber
Emperor

I can do it since I already have the passwords. works format is ok or you could just pm me the pages separate. otherwise send it to

kessel74@yahoo.com

Which side are we on? We're on the side of the demons, Chief. We are evil men in the gardens of paradise, sent by the forces of death to spread devastation and destruction wherever we go. I'm surprised you didn't know that. --Saul Tigh
Old May 6, 2002, 08:32   #430
Guardian
Apolyton University
King

Local Time: 00:56
Aaaaaarrghh!!!! I feel like I'm even further behind now than when I first started trying to 'catch up'!!!

DOH...
Old May 6, 2002, 08:41   #431
Kassiopeia
Alpha Centauri Democracy GameGalCiv Apolyton EmpireApolyton Storywriters' GuildCivilization II Democracy GameApolytoners Hall of FameACDG3 Spartans
Emperor

Quote:
Originally posted by Guardian
Aaaaaarrghh!!!! I feel like I'm even further behind now than when I first started trying to 'catch up'!!!

DOH...
I know that feeling. I've had two hiatuses lasting for over a month now. Always I try to read the posts done, but at first I just can't feel getting a grasp of the thing. But, luckily, the feeling goes away in time. The only problem usually is that when you are finished reading the story thread, there are a dozen new posts there!
Of course, your situation might be more dire then mine, since you probably have a hoot less free time then me and all...
Try to hang on! There will be great need for the Peacekeepers at this pace!
Old May 6, 2002, 10:04   #432
Kassiopeia
Emperor

- The Naval Intelligence has removed this post -

Last edited by Kassiopeia; May 6, 2002 at 12:39.
Kassiopeia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2002, 11:32   #433
Sprayber
Emperor

edit

Last edited by Sprayber; May 6, 2002 at 12:37.
Old May 6, 2002, 11:34   #434
Kassiopeia
Emperor

- The Naval Intelligence has removed this post, damn those buggers are fast! -

Last edited by Kassiopeia; May 6, 2002 at 12:41.
Old May 6, 2002, 11:35   #435
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Maybe I'll just spam this thread with horrible poetry?

Last edited by Kassiopeia; May 6, 2002 at 13:13.
Old May 6, 2002, 11:45   #436
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Discontinuity

Must it end here
Must the cycle break
The continuity stopped
All that is good - lost

Does it all end here
At the gates of Hell
Will there be redemption
Can I reach salvation

Is all nothing but discontinuity
No hope of a life after life
No chance of painless existence
Only a world of sorrow

I can't accept this
There must be something
All men are of good and of evil
It can't be that simple - can it?

Last edited by Kassiopeia; May 6, 2002 at 13:12.
Old May 6, 2002, 11:48   #437
Sprayber
Emperor

Yang look alike dragged through sparta prime for hacking into the spartan lunch menu database

Last edited by Sprayber; May 6, 2002 at 12:38.
Old May 6, 2002, 11:52   #438
Kassiopeia
Emperor

- ECNI aims to break the Apolyton record of post editing -

Last edited by Kassiopeia; May 6, 2002 at 13:03.
Old May 6, 2002, 11:54   #439
Kassiopeia
Emperor

I feel so uncertain. And somehow hopeless.
I know that a man without his loved one is not a man as a whole.
It is true; without you, I would be only half of what I am.
When I am with you, I feel at ease.
With you, I can be relaxed.

I wither when I can't see you.
For when you are by my side, nothing can hurt me.
I can't be injured, I can't be embarrassed.
The whole world around me could all well collapse -
As long as you would be there, everything would work out.

Sure, I have my weaknesses. Big and small ones.
My gravest weakness is this feeling.
That sensation, it makes me loose my mind.
I can not eat, I can not sleep, I can not study.
All I can do is think and dream.

Thinking is the curse of our kind.
Thinking takes new course, new directions.
It leads us to undiscovered paths.
It gives us entirely new ideas.

When I start to think, my mind has only one course.
You probably know by now, what that course is.
I have only one wish, one dream, one goal.
To be with you, your smile, your laugh, your essence.

Fear begins to haunt my mind.
I fear loosing you, nothing else.
That is why I tell you of my feelings.
It is my only hope.

Last edited by Kassiopeia; May 6, 2002 at 13:06.
Old May 6, 2002, 12:05   #440
Sprayber
Emperor

deleted by order of Colonel Kessel

Last edited by Sprayber; May 6, 2002 at 12:43.
Old May 6, 2002, 12:11   #441
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Am I the only one thinking this song is beautiful? It's Afer Ventus by Enya, and you all should download and listen to it. I even tried translating the lyrics.

Mare Nubium - Umbriel
Mare Imbrium - Ariel
Et itur ad astra.
Et itur ad astra.
Mare Undarum - Io - Vela

Mirabile dictu. Mirabilia.
Mirabile visu. Mirabilia.
Et itur ad astra.
Et itur ad astra.
Sempervirent. Rosatum.

Afer Ventus. Zephrys.
Volturnus. Africus.
Et itur ad astra.
Et itur ad astra.
Etesiarum. Euras.

Suus cuique mos. Suum coique.
Meus mihi, suus cuique carus.
Memento, terrigena.
Memento, vita brevis.

Translation:

Nubian Sea - Umbriel
Imbrian Sea - Ariel
And repeat towards the stars.
And repeat towards the stars.
Undarian Sea - Io - Vela

Incredible to say/tell. Miracles/miraculous.
Incredible to see. Miracles/miraculous.
And repeat towards the stars x2
Sempervirent
- no idea, "sempere" is Italian IMO. Rosatum - something about roses?

After Ventus. Zephrys
- Wind from west.
Volturnus -
something about turning? Africus- Africa?
And repeat... x2
Etesiarum
- in Greek, this *could* have something to do with the sky, but this is Latin! Euras - Wind from east. (Oppose to Zeprys, add to the Mare theme in the first verse and this is starting to sound sane!)

No idea;

Suus cuique mos. Suum coique.

Memento, terrigena - Memories/memento, born of Earth/Earth's relative/Relative to Earth
Memento, vita brevis
- Memories/memento, "life is short" (Ars longa, vita brevis).

Last edited by Kassiopeia; May 6, 2002 at 13:01.
Old May 6, 2002, 12:16   #442
Sprayber
Emperor

-s-p-a-r-t-a-n-k-e-l-l-

Last edited by Sprayber; May 6, 2002 at 12:57.
Old May 6, 2002, 12:18   #443
Sprayber
Emperor

an upcomming poll, Sparta's hottest women. You be the judge.

Bets franky flips over Cyan

Last edited by Sprayber; May 6, 2002 at 12:48.
Old May 6, 2002, 12:22   #444
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Hey, Cyan is foxy! :D
Computers run on smoke. If the smoke comes out, the computer won't work.

Last edited by Kassiopeia; May 6, 2002 at 12:57.
Old May 6, 2002, 12:33   #445
Kassiopeia
Emperor

- The Naval Intelligence has removed this post too -

Last edited by Kassiopeia; May 6, 2002 at 12:40.
Old May 6, 2002, 12:34   #446
Sprayber
Emperor

H-ow much bread will yang take today
I-nventory of lost souls to the evil meanace
V-enom spewed for nothings reward
E-verything must soon come to an end

Last edited by Sprayber; May 6, 2002 at 12:55.
Old May 6, 2002, 12:35   #447
Sprayber
Emperor

my beautiful gun. you have saved me many times, and I shall care for you until they pull you from my cold dead hand.

Colonel Santiago---ode to my gun

Last edited by Sprayber; May 6, 2002 at 12:54.
Old May 6, 2002, 12:37   #448
Kassiopeia
Emperor

- This time it was the Marine Intelligence who got to it, I think there will be jurisdictional disputes in no time (hint to any Morganite probe teams) -

Last edited by Kassiopeia; May 6, 2002 at 12:43.
Old May 6, 2002, 13:00   #449
Sprayber
Emperor

Old May 6, 2002, 13:19   #450
Kassiopeia
Emperor

Yeah, one would think we've been smoking some serious for the time being.
There's a rational explanation to all of this. Whether you will be privy to it, is questionable.